Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Disobedient Wife. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disobedient Wife. (6990 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: Disobedient Wife. by jaybee3(m): 6:26am On Sep 28, 2013
Potential abuser alert

Punishment and disobedience in the same sentence shocked shocked

One question bro, did you buy your wife?

2 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 28, 2013
delinb: What will be a good punishment for your wife if she disobey you? Lately my wife has developed habbit of doing what I asked her not to do. Am hot tempered and I have tried my best to control my anger all this while BUT .........

But what was her actually offence? let's start from there
Re: Disobedient Wife. by Ngokafor(f): 7:26am On Sep 28, 2013
Hehehe crime and punishment...funny op and funnier comments...anyways i have always been wary about hot-tempered males..

1 Like

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 28, 2013
Poster, If you are a Christian then I suggest you study your Bible very well, Husbands are instructed to LOVE their wives just as Christ Loved us with this kind of Love in 1st Corinthians 13:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

With this kind of Love comes peace, submission and respect.
The reason why the Bible stated women should submit is because when a man loves you with the love described above some may take it for granted, so for balance the man is to love while the wife is instructed to submit to love.

There is too much emphasis on submission and none on love or very little on love.

From the passage above the kind of ego you described has no place in a Christian marriage and should be far from you as the head of your home.
If your love is pure, not rude, not arrogant and not boastful, and most importantly you don't seek to hurt or "Punish" your wife, half of the problems in your marriage will be over.

I beg churches to clearly explain this part to men, we have hammered too much on submission that most men just assume it is a given and have no work to do to earn it apart from just being a man and marrying someone.

Submission only works when it is done to a man who knows his own role and understands the value of submission, Submission is not to massage your ego, submission is a fruit of love.

7 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 28, 2013
chaircover: Debrief dear how are you? kiss Hope you are good

It is well oh, slowly but surely. Thanks for asking.
How you dey? Hope family and business is great.
Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 28, 2013
debrief08: Poster, If you are a Christian then I suggest you study your Bible very well, Husbands are instructed to LOVE their wives just as Christ Loved us with this kind of Love in 1st Corinthians 13:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

The reason why the Bible stated women should submit is because when a man loves you with the love described above some may take it for granted, so for balance the man is to love while the wife is instructed to submit to love.

There is too much emphasis on submission and none on love or very little on love.

From the passage above the kind of ego you described has no place in a Christian marriage and should be far from you as the head of your home.
If your love is pure, not rude, not arrogant and not boastful, and most importantly you don't seek to hurt or "Punish" your wife, half of the problems in your marriage will be over.

I beg churches to clearly explain this part to men, we have hammered too much on submission that most men just assume it is a given and have no work to do to earn it apart from just being a man and marrying someone.

Submission only works when it is done to a man who knows his own role and understands the value of submission, Submission is not to massage your ego, submission is a fruit of love.

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 28, 2013
------
Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 28, 2013
yellowpawpaw: This woman has suffered! Chei!
Next topic' how to divorce an ugly wife'!

Oya, make una begin advice am now.
Orishirishi!

Infact, I'm available o!
Padded front and back.
Can make u hv hbp in bed.
And make sure u r fully loaded!
When u r done with d divorce,
Contact me

grin she carry front (mouka foam) she carry back (vita foam),its full packagegrin nawa o yellow pawpaw.omaga gan o grin

anyway back to op matter i have nothing more to say than the fact that you are too domineering and if you need a daft wife who will be saying yes sir to every of your commandment,you may need to marry an illiterate village woman.

mr commandant,see his mouth like my wife is very disobedient.she be bolo ni? Abi she be slowpoke?she no get mind of her own?if she is none of the above,she has every right under heaven and earth to disagree with you because she has a mind of her own.orisirisi.

insecurity ati superiority complex ma'n ba op ja ke.smh

3 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by EfemenaXY: 8:46am On Sep 28, 2013
delinb: What will be a good punishment for your wife if she disobey you? Lately my wife has developed habbit of doing what I asked her not to do. Am hot tempered and I have tried my best to control my anger all this while BUT .........

@OP, please ignore all these people here. And I mean all.

You see, they just don't understand that you were born a few thousand years too late. None of them have the same intellectual capacity as your primitive Neanderthal brain - I mean, how can they?

You are the superior, all-knowing cave man. As for your wife, how dare she?! How dare she breathe in your presence, let alone ruffle your feathers? Has she forgotten her place? Better remind her that her 'duties' do not surpass being pregnant and chained to the kitchen sink + getting beaten on the head with a club before you drag her in for s.ex. Make her understand that she can do no better out there without you, and should therefore be grateful you lowered your 'standards' to even marry her.

Haba! What effrontery!

4 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2013
debrief08: Poster, If you are a Christian then I suggest you study your Bible very well, Husbands are instructed to LOVE their wives just as Christ Loved us with this kind of Love in 1st Corinthians 13:

gbam! You have said it all.the way society and african magic hammers on s female ubmission,you will think all women dont have sense.your husband is right,your husband knows better,oko lolori aya, bla bla bla,they dont hammer the roles/responsibilities of a man to his wife for him to EARN THAT SUBMISSION.an average nigerian man expects that when you marry,you should drop your self will,and place your choice and right to decision below him.your life,brain,decision,mood,thought,everything must revolve around him.infact the reason for your existence is because of him.by the way even the bible places a condition for women to submit to their husband,which is love.when a man loves a woman GENUINELY,(NOT THIS ARTIFICIAL LOVE WE HAVE THIS DAYS LACED WITH DECEIT AND MONEY),the woman finds it Very easy to submit,but when your school of thought is i am the master over you,i paid your bride price,i am your oga,submission will be very difficult,thats why men are complaining this days that women are becoming unsubmissive.they are not like our grandmothers and all.the reason is not because of education or exposure per se,its because the love men have is very ARTIFICIAL AND FAKE.once the figure 8 goes or once the money goes,the love/respect for their wives starts going and as the love/respect diminishes the submission too diminishes.its tit for tat,thats all

2 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2013
jay bee: Potential abuser alert

Punishment and disobedience in the same sentence shocked shocked

One question bro, did you buy your wife?
i tire o.

1 Like

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 28, 2013
chaircover: OP ive read a few of your previous posts about the different issues that you have with your wife and my only advise for you it that you both need to reset your settings, go back to the drawing board and start again.

I dont know if you had any pre marital counselling, but if you didnt, you both really need to invest in building this marriage if you dont want to be another statistic. The foundation doesnt seem right, but if you are both committed to making it work, then there is still hope.

Find yourself a good marriage counsellior and take yourselves there, if you are Christians, the go and read and understand what God says about marriage in the Bible. Buy books on marriage, attend marriage seminars and get close to role models who are living in successful marriages.

As for the ego, yes men have ego's but too much of anything is bad and it will destroy you and your relationships, not just with your wife.

Its really easy to get through to your partner only if you know how and that is what you should be aiming at. Force does not solve anything, it only escalates the situation.

Your wife is not your junior in secondary school that you punish. You need to change that mindset pronto. You will punish her and then sleep with her? when you mess up do you punish yourself? your wife is your other half and a part of you and not some random stranger. If she wrongs you, then you correct her in love. May God help your marriage. Amen

gbam! Chaircover you need a standing ovation.ori e ti peju.as in,infact,take 5 cheesy
Re: Disobedient Wife. by EfemenaXY: 9:02am On Sep 28, 2013
kulyie: gbam! You have said it all.the way society and african magic hammers on s female ubmission,you will think all women dont have sense.your husband is right,your husband knows better,oko lolori aya, bla bla bla,they dont hammer the roles/responsibilities of a man to his wife for him to EARN THAT SUBMISSION.an average nigerian man expects that when you marry,you should drop your self will,and place your choice and right to decision below him.your life,brain,decision,mood,thought,everything must revolve around him.infact the reason for your existence is because of him.by the way even the bible places a condition for women to submit to their husband,which is love.when a man loves a woman GENUINELY,(NOT THIS ARTIFICIAL LOVE WE HAVE THIS DAYS LACED WITH DECEIT AND MONEY),the woman finds it Very easy to submit,but when your school of thought is i am the master over you,i paid your bride price,i am your oga,submission will be very difficult,thats why men are complaining this days that women are becoming unsubmissive.they are not like our grandmothers and all.the reason is not because of education or exposure per se,its because the love men have is very ARTIFICIAL AND FAKE.once the figure 8 goes or once the money goes,the love/respect for their wives starts going and as the love/respect diminishes the submission too diminishes.its tit for tat,thats all

This woman!

When are you gonna start paragraphing your texts? Abeg have mercy on us mere mortals na! grin

Anyway, what you say is true to an extent, but many of us you women are to blame for this. The saying: Women are their own worst enemies is so true.

~ For majority of the women in Naija, if a girl of marriageable age is not hitched before reaching a certain time span (shebi it's age 30?), she looked upon as a lesser human. She never arrive and has no say when the 'big girls' or madams are talking

~ Every one takes it upon themselves to 'warn' her that her biological clock's ticking...(even her parents and family members!)what is she waiting for? She better grab the next man that proposes to her, even if it's as obvious as day that they are an ill-suited pair and don't match or complement each other.

~ Nollywood and African Magic don't help either. They soooooooo send out the wrong message.

~ The aspiration of many young women after higher education is to get married. That is the next milestone and getting married is therefore some big achievement (never mind staying married, or using their education to better themselves as per self-development...)

4 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2013
ask her to kneel down,raise up her hands and close her eyes in front of your family house and buy cane,its not expensive at all,just 25 naira or 5o naira for the big one.make sure it is in front of your family house where your parents,siblings,uncles and cousins are there.arindin.see as he deyresearch for punishment for nairaland as if im wife na 8 year old slowpoke or austic kid
Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 28, 2013
I wonder how some people dated before ending up in marriage,If this is OP's idea of an African man's"Ego",he has serious issues.Why don't he strip her naked at the market square and whip her a hundred lashes, maybe her submission network will get to its full bars afterwards undecided.
Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:

This woman!

When are you gonna start paragraphing your texts? Abeg have mercy on us mere mortals na! grin

Anyway, what you say is true to an extent, but many of us you women are to blame for this. The saying: Women are their own worst enemies is so true.

~ For majority of the women in Naija, if a girl of marriageable age is not hitched before reaching a certain time span (shebi it's age 30?), she looked upon as a lesser human. She never arrive and has no say when the 'big girls' or madams are talking

~ Every one takes it upon themselves to 'warn' her that her biological clock's ticking...(even her parents and family members!)what is she waiting for? She better grab the next man that proposes to her, even if it's as obvious as day that they are an ill-suited pair and don't match or complement each other.

~ Nollywood and African Magic don't help either. They soooooooo send out the wrong message.

~ The aspiration of many young women after higher education is to get married. That is the next milestone and getting married is therefore some big achievement (never mind staying married, or using their education to better themselves as per self-development...)
haaa efemena mabinu cheesy no vex,i am not used to obeying punctuations when typing on my phone,i will try and adjust cheesy

anyway you are right.the kinds of thrash nollywood yoruba produce that they call 'movies' disgust me like crazy.if i see any nollywood movie by ogogo,saheed balogun,yinka quadri etc,i dont need to be told that it is all this women subjugation movies,portraying women as senseless and it is only marriage that will make them responsible.afterall,i have heard that statement before,when a woman gets married,irrespective of the kind of man she marries,as long as she is married,she is responsible.in other words.as for a single woman,single mother,divorce or widow,they are not responsible.as a matter of fact,if a man dies,it is the woman (widow) that killed her husband,but if it is the woman that died,even if it is the man that beat her,it is the handi work of God and yes women too are their own worst enemies.all the strength and apabilities a woman is supposed to use to develop herself,she will use it to scheme,backbite and plan about bringing another woman down,so the summary of this issue is that society is very unkind to women and even women are more mean to each other,aggravated by society of course

1 Like

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Ngokafor(f): 9:21am On Sep 28, 2013
@op,i just saw a thread you opened earlier complaining about your wife being jealous.You got lots of sympathetic comments there but with your recent quest to 'punish' your wife for her 'heinous' crimes', me think you are too much work abeg cos u sound like a bully!...add your hot tempered nature to the mix and i cant help but feel sorry for your wife.

3 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by EfemenaXY: 9:22am On Sep 28, 2013
kulyie: haaa efemena mabinu cheesy no vex,i am not used to obeying punctuations when typing on my phone,i will try and adjust cheesy

anyway you are right.the kinds of thrash nollywood yoruba produce that they call 'movies' disgust me like crazy.if i see any nollywood movie by ogogo,saheed balogun,yinka quadri etc,i dont need to be told that it is all this women subjugation movies,portraying women as senseless and it is only marriage that will make them responsible.afterall,i have heard that statement before,when a woman gets married,irrespective of the kind of man she marries,as long as she is married,she is responsible.in other words.as for a single woman,single mother,divorce or widow,they are not responsible.as a matter of fact,if a man dies,it is the woman (widow) that killed her husband,but if it is the woman that died,even if it is the man that beat her,it is the handi work of God and yes women too are their own worst enemies.all the strength and apabilities a woman is supposed to use to develop herself,she will use it to scheme,backbite and plan about bringing another woman down,so the summary of this issue is that society is very unkind to women and even women are more mean to each other,aggravated by society of course

Exactly!

And this is why people like @OP think it's fair game / their right to impose their will on such women. The feed on the woman's low self-esteem

Sad, really.

2 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 28, 2013
Debrief and Chaircover are just too kind. This man doesn't need any advice, he needs to be flogged!

Now, babyosisi where is that your legendary pepper laced Hausa cain? grin

7 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 28, 2013
kreami diva:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anwuola m ooooo! Kai! Smh! Good people of nairaland,its not fair o. Give the brother some "intelligent response" nah. Why is the reverse the case If you were all married,you would have understood his point undecided African men sure do have ego (baaaad one o) angry .So please put yourselves in his opanka shoes grin grin grin...Lwkmd4h

#falls on the floor clutching my stomach#
lmao cheesy my own worry for the unfortunate wife that went to go and say yes to this kind of tempramental and egoistic cave man is that after reading all this wicked posts by people,i just hope he doesnt transfer agression on the poor woman and beat her like tomorrow no dey.you know 2 of them are living under the same roof and anything is possible when a woman lives with an uncivilized man

2 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by bellong: 9:55am On Sep 28, 2013
The Lord, Master and Emperor of his own home came on here seeking for an easy method of punishing his erring subject, wife, you people are preaching and making jest of His Royal Majesty... He has arsenal of weapons to deal with the disobedient subject, he is only looking for a soft-landing for her.

@Emperor Delinb,

On behalf of everybody here, I plead with you to temper justice with mercy. Do not mind the people making jest of you, some of them do not have a subject to deal with at home, so they have no idea on how frustrating it could be when your authority is undermined. I will give you tips from a book titled "How to put your woman in her place and destroy your home" written by Prof. Lucifer Angelo, in the 1st Century BC. Find the useful tips below..

1. When she is in the midst of her friends, shout her down and if necessary slap her if she talks back at you
2. Put her in house detention from dawn to dusk. Use a spare room in your flat for this. Trick her into the spare room, lock the room and walk away till you are ready to release her from detention.
3. Make her fetch water in a basket till its full. If she can't do that, do not let her enter the house.
4. Let her write this statement in one million times, "I will never disobey your royal majesty again"..
5. For every meal time, make her prepare five different types of dishes, throw away 4 of them, leave the fifth to rot without eating. Do this for only two weeks.

Those five points are enough for now, will give you more tips when you are done with those or you get a copy of the book.

CAVEAT: Do the above at your own peril. Even if your wife is the devil, there are ways to resolve differences than looking for how to punish an ADULT. When you are ready to learn and understand what it means to be an husband, maybe we can get started on a good discussion.
I suggest you both go for a Marriage Internship.

2 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by oyinbogirl(f): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2013
delinb: I expect intelligent response from you guys but the reverse is the case. If you are married then you will understand my point. We African men have ego so try and put urself in my shoe.

no room for ego in marriage, put it away and be humble, that will be better

2 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 28, 2013
bellong: The Lord, Master and Emperor of his own home came on here seeking for an easy method of punishing his erring subject, wife, you people are preaching and making jest of His Royal Majesty... He has arsenal of weapons to deal with the disobedient subject, he is only looking for a soft-landing for her.

@Emperor Delinb,

On behalf of everybody here, I plead with you to temper justice with mercy. Do not mind the people making jest of you, some of them do not have a subject to deal with at home, so they have no idea on how frustrating it could be when your authority is undermined. I will give you tips from a book titled "How to put your woman in her place and destroy your home" written by Prof. Lucifer Angelo, in the 1st Century BC. Find the useful tips below..

1. When she is in the midst of her friends, shout her down and if necessary slap her if she talks back at you
2. Put her in house detention from dawn to dusk. Use a spare room in your flat for this. Trick her into the spare room, lock the room and walk away till you are ready to release her from detention.
3. Make her fetch water in a basket till its full. If she can't do that, do not let her enter the house.
4. Let her write this statement in one million times, "I will never disobey your royal majesty again"..
5. For every meal time, make her prepare five different types of dishes, throw away 4 of them, leave the fifth to rot without eating. Do this for only two weeks.

Those five points are enough for now, will give you more tips when you are done with those or you get a copy of the book.

CAVEAT: Do the above at your own peril. Even if your wife is the devil, there are ways to resolve differences than looking for how to punish an ADULT. When you are ready to learn and understand what it means to be an husband, maybe we can get started on a good discussion.
I suggest you both go for a Marriage Internship.
Chai grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Una no go kill pesin for this nairaland

1 Like

Re: Disobedient Wife. by veave(f): 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
do you ask her nicely to do things for you? or u just give her orders...
you are yet to locate her magic button. and you are scared of 'not being seen as the man' so u exercise and impose certin things on her. disobedience is her only way of fighting back...

1 Like

Re: Disobedient Wife. by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
@dayokanu, you nailed it totally!!!
Some women have suffered!!!

2 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
judii: @ OP,love your wife like the Bible says and you would be shocked how obedient she would become. Try it and return back here with testimonies because I'm 100 percent sure it works like magic.

Judii, forgerrit! He won't listen!
African men & their ego.
Hian!

1 Like

Re: Disobedient Wife. by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:
This woman!

Efe, will she listen?
I do hope so!
Re: Disobedient Wife. by minute(f): 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
Divorce her. If you are going to be a control freak and a male chauvinist, that's the best option.

Oh, don't marry again once you do that.

2 Likes

Re: Disobedient Wife. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
Phema: Debrief and Chaircover are just too kind. This man doesn't need any advice, he needs to be flogged!

Now, babyosisi where is that your legendary pepper laced Hausa cain? grin

The disciples of Jesus once came to him asking why some demons couldn't be cast out by their words,Jesus said unto them, " This one cometh not except by prayer and fasting"
So my dear,this poster will not understand anything but a whack on his coconut head.
Try reasoning with a man that cannot understand why his wife, a mere woman opened a Facebook account without his express approval.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Ethnic Group Produce The Best Husbands / Please Help This Is Happening To Me After Unprotected Sex Some Hours Ago / Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.