Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. (3882 Views)

Rumour: Buhari Wants To Go On Leave / Minister Of Transport, Amaechi Proceeds On One Week Casual Leave / Wike Appoints Kenneth Kobani As SSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by takedat(m): 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
theoctopus1:

Look, I am just pointing to you that your argument is lame. You could put up other arguments, but this route you took is lame. If truly he is absconding, then he will certainly not hand over to any one just like Sylva did 2 days before he got kicked out. He proceeded on leave without telling anyone and kept talking from an unknown destination. I havent concluded that Amaechi has asconded, but I do have confirmation that he has proceeded on vacation and yes, it is very abnormal for him to proceed on any sort of vacation at this time because his house is on fire. It certainly doesnt make any sense. But I will not categorically say he has absconded until we get some confirmation on that.
The question is, why should Amaechi abscond? I am sure you do not know the basis why the suit was filed before the Supreme Court. The link to @eGuerilla's post has confirmed that he is out of the country on official duties.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by ckkris: 11:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
Installed by the Supreme Court, and to be removed by the same Court.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by theoctopus1: 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2013
take dat: The question is, why should Amaechi abscond? I am sure you do not know the basis why the suit was filed before the Supreme Court. The link to @eGuerilla's post has confirmed that he is out of the country on official duties.

The link confirms nothing. Just like the information Sylva was passing out. It is just his own men trying to cover up the situation. Like I said, I havent concluded he has absconded, but certain facts are clear...

1. He has gone on vacation and it defintely doesnt make sense for him to do so at a time like this.

2. There is a court ruling coming on the 3rd which could throw him out of government house. We can only wait to see how that goes.

3. Amaechi himself knows the implication if that court ruling kicks him out of the government house. If it doesnt, then he is safe. But if it does, he is in real soup as he will be completely on his own
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by theoctopus1: 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
One of the likely judgement in the supreme court case might be to call for a reelection. The problem with that is that Amaechi will not be able to get the PDP ticket and he will never win on another platform and he knows it/ He will not even be around to compete as he will be running from the EFCC. There are too many cases to fry him on. The aircraft case alone is enough to ruin him permanently
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by 9ijaprince(m): 11:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
Am not a fan of Gej but if this information is true lots of blame would go to Amechi who picked a wrong fight.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 28, 2013
Ayam confused. I need another botul of Alomo. Errmmm, make that two Botuls.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by takedat(m): 12:20am On Sep 28, 2013
theoctopus1:

The link confirms nothing. Just like the information Sylva was passing out. It is just his own men trying to cover up the situation. Like I said, I havent concluded he has absconded, but certain facts are clear...

1. He has gone on vacation and it defintely doesnt make sense for him to do so at a time like this.

2. There is a court ruling coming on the 3rd which could throw him out of government house. We can only wait to see how that goes.

3. Amaechi himself knows the implication if that court ruling kicks him out of the government house. If it doesnt, then he is safe. But if it does, he is in real soup as he will be completely on his own

Are you expecting the Supreme Court to 'review' its judgment? It was the Supreme Court who ruled that it was the PDP that contested and won the guber election of 2007. Swearing-in Amaechi in October 2007 still does not change the fact that the actual swearing-in day was May29, after all, Omehia who governed from May 29 till October was PDP.

Secondly, the Supreme Court bench will not want to inflame the polity and bring themselves into odium, considering the tense political atmosphere. Judgment based on Political expediency. Any judgment against Amaechi will be seen as the hands of Esau and voice of Jacob. The Presidency also won't go unscathed!

"Interestingly, for legal scholars, the Supreme Court ruling on the matter in October would be nothing other than an academic exercise, just like it did in the case of Ekiti State governorship crisis between Kayode Fayemi and Segun Oni. But for what they described as technical mischief which is being latched on to by opposition to Amaechi, the case, legal scholars contended is as comprehensible for the layman as it is for the legal luminaries and that as such, no amount of anxiety or antics built up to the October 3 ruling would change the legal literature that naturally would determine the court ruling."http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechi-vs-omehia-waiting-for-the-supreme-court/150817/
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by manmade(m): 1:28am On Sep 28, 2013
O'Boy this guys Sabi run!
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by manmade(m): 1:29am On Sep 28, 2013
Wadeoye: When they want to cheat the people, they use judges. They tried all avenues nothing worked but judges, being hopeless set of human beings, will be used to destabilize the state.

If I happen to rule this country, I will first deal with the judges and all those crooks in the legal profession - most of them are worse than the people they jail or sentence to death.
Pls who is cheating who here? is it the person that was desprately begging for out of settlement from court because he knew fully well that he had no good case against Omehia ? or his Deputy that bolted away even before his Oga thinks about picking race ? or better still, you that is hiding behind your Chinese phone to type poo . Sinners run when no one pursue. EFFCC will catch them anywhere @ anytime through Interpol they should takes some lessons from Ibori.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by Atouke: 2:09am On Sep 28, 2013
Amaechi governorship mandate was a product of the court it would be poetic justice if by the same instrument of the court he is ousted.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:08am On Sep 28, 2013
What a surprise, Oh! Amaechi has a very serious case at the Supreme Court and he was busy fighting the Ogas at the top and PDP, what are they smoking at the government house in Porthacourt? undecided undecided undecided
''The case would determine whether or not Amaechi was guilty of tenure reduction which carries same penalty as tenure enlongation which is nullification''.

You know the wife of your former god father whom you paid with evil, Justice Mary Odili is at the Supreme Court( she can tell other judges, pls rub my back today, tomorrow i rub your back, under esprit the corps. No be naija?
Amaechi, you don enter one chance be that ooh, no wonder you don tear race.

Voom ka mma karia statement grin grin
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 28, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: What a surprise, Oh! Amaechi has a very serious case at the Supreme Court and he was busy insulting the Ogas at the top and PDP, what are they smoking at the government house in Porthacourt? undecided undecided undecided
''The case would determine whether or not Amaechi was guilty of tenure reduction which carries same penalty as tenure enlongation which is nullification''.

You know the wife of your former god father whom you paid with evil, Justice Mary Odili is at the Supreme Court.
Amaechi, you don enter one chance be that ooh, no wonder you don tear race.

Voom ka mma karia statement grin grin

Na wa o..
dem say wen God wan purnish pesin, e go mek am begin dey insult im kinsmen.

Am sitting this one out.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by ckkris: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2013
take dat:

the Supreme Court bench will not want to inflame the polity and bring themselves into odium, considering the tense political atmosphere. Judgment based on Political expediency. Any judgment against Amaechi will be seen as the hands of Esau and voice of Jacob. The Presidency also won't go unscathed!

You are too small to intimidate The Supreme Court of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by Iriruaga100(m): 10:01am On Sep 28, 2013
I'm nt a fan of amaechi but the supreme court case will be in his favour.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 28, 2013
I pray he doesn't come back in Arik Airline Economy class as an ordinary citizen
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by dridowu: 10:53am On Sep 28, 2013
So Oct 3 is d final judgement ? I have to saty glued to mouthpiece in supreme court.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by theoctopus1: 11:09am On Sep 28, 2013
take dat:

Are you expecting the Supreme Court to 'review' its judgment? It was the Supreme Court who ruled that it was the PDP that contested and won the guber election of 2007. Swearing-in Amaechi in October 2007 still does not change the fact that the actual swearing-in day was May29, after all, Omehia who governed from May 29 till October was PDP.

Secondly, the Supreme Court bench will not want to inflame the polity and bring themselves into odium, considering the tense political atmosphere. Judgment based on Political expediency. Any judgment against Amaechi will be seen as the hands of Esau and voice of Jacob. The Presidency also won't go unscathed!

"Interestingly, for legal scholars, the Supreme Court ruling on the matter in October would be nothing other than an academic exercise, just like it did in the case of Ekiti State governorship crisis between Kayode Fayemi and Segun Oni. But for what they described as technical mischief which is being latched on to by opposition to Amaechi, the case, legal scholars contended is as comprehensible for the layman as it is for the legal luminaries and that as such, no amount of anxiety or antics built up to the October 3 ruling would change the legal literature that naturally would determine the court ruling."http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechi-vs-omehia-waiting-for-the-supreme-court/150817/

You are really serious about what you typed? You think the supreme court will give a judgement because of what they think you will complain about on NL? You are really deluded! grin

The article you posted is the opinion of a lawyer. There is no where "legal scholars" met to decide what their opinion is and even if they meet, it will have no bearing on the decision of the supreme court judgement. Legal scholars ko, baby lawyers ni! grin

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by takedat(m): 11:51am On Sep 28, 2013
theoctopus1:

You are really serious about what you typed? You think the supreme court will give a judgement because of what they think you will complain about on NL? You are really deluded! grin

The article you posted is the opinion of a lawyer. There is no where "legal scholars" met to decide what their opinion is and even if they meet, it will have no bearing on the decision of the supreme court judgement. Legal scholars ko, baby lawyers ni! grin
You must be a fo0l if you believed I was referring to NL commentators. I insist that you know little or nothing about the suit filed before the Supreme Court. I've wasted a hell of time engaging one who rely mostly on beer parlour gist.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by takedat(m): 11:55am On Sep 28, 2013
ckkris: You are too small to intimidate The Supreme Court of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Another pipsqueak with comprehension disability shows up!
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by goldenbrown: 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2013
RICHIE BOI: According to reports reaching CityNews, Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is said to have jetted out of the country on a three-month vacation. The governor was last seen by several close aides, Monday September 23rd, 2013.

There are divergent views as to why the governor would choose this period of crisis to embark on vacation, and an elongated one for that matter.

Some have attributed it to the upcoming October 3rd Supreme Court ruling in the case between the Governor and his predecessor, Sir Celestine Omehia.

It would be recalled that moves by the governor to convince Omehia earlier in the year to withdraw his application at the apex court, for possible out-of-court settlement proved abortive as the latter insisted on justice taking its full course in the matter.

By hierarchy, Deputy Governor, Tele Ikuru is meant to take over in the absence of the Governor, but reliable sources report that the State’s number two citizen may equally proceed on vacation, beginning from October 1st, 2013 though the duration could not be confirmed as at press time.

It is believed the governor approved his deputy’s leave before embarking on his own.

Should the reports be true, it would give some credence to rumors that both leaders want to be as far away as possible from the state due to the uncertainty surrounding the Supreme Court case.

In their absence, it appears that Secretary to State Government, George Feyii would be in charge, as Pro-Amaechi House of Assembly Speaker, Otelemaba Amachree is still on the run, following his differences with the Police.

http://www.citynewsph.com/news/amaechi-proceeds-on-leave-ssg-may-take-over-power/
if u know Amaechi too well, u wud understand that he has always been outside the country during court rulings. When he won Omehia in court 2007, he was in Ghana and this one shouldnt be a surprise
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
take dat: You must be a fo0l if you believed I was referring to NL commentators. I insist that you know little or nothing about the suit filed before the Supreme Court. I've wasted a hell of time engaging one who rely mostly on beer parlour gist.

take dat, waste no more trying to school those who reduce every event to conjecture. You'd notice how the narrative has move on from Amaechi's unplanned leave, in view of my earlier post, to what they consider the 'probable certainty' of a supreme court judgement. It is never about facts with this lot, so save yourself the hassle.

Port Harcourt was nominated the World Book capital by UNESCO last year after it defeated, amongst others, Oxford in the United Kingdom and Moscow in Russia.

According to the UNESCO panel that made the final decision, "The City of Port Harcourt was nominated World Book Capital 2014 on account of the quality of its programme, in particular its focus on youth and the impact it would have on improving Nigeria's culture of books, reading, writing and publishing to improve literacy rates.

In a goodwill message after Port Harcourt won the hosting bid last year, Prof Soyinka said, “I congratulate the city of Port Harcourt… for this honour which they have brought, not only to the nation but to the African continent.”

President Goodluck Jonathan had also congratulated the city of Port Harcourt, saying “…(for being) the World Book Capital for Books, in the year of our beloved nation’s centenary”.

Eminent diplomat and former Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, declared; ‘I am confident that the impressive record… of the Rivers State Government in promoting literary activities will ensure the success of Port Harcourt as the World Book Capital City in 2014”.

Source

http://portharcourtworldbookcapital.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=183
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by MafiaMan: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
theoctopus1:

If you follow the case properly, you will understand it doesnt look good for Amaechi. That is why a lot of people in Rivers are surprised about the way he has been conducting himself. He has only been able to stay in power because of the party, not his personal ability. His emergence as gov was based on the victory of the party, not Amaechi.

^^^
This is utter nonsense.

Get this into your head, supreme court CANNOT review its judgement, that's why it is called SUPREME court.

Secondly, Amaechi contested for primaries under PDP and won in 2011 when Celestine Omehia was APGA's flag bearer.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by ckkris: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mafia Man:

^^^
This is utter nonsense.

Get this into your head, supreme court CANNOT review its judgement, that's why it is called SUPREME court.

Secondly, Amaechi contested for primaries under PDP and won in 2011 when Celestine Omehia was APGA's flag bearer.
So this justifies TENURE REDUCTION & ELONGATION?
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by DerideGull(m): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
I guess Amaechi came as a governor through the edict of Supreme Court and probably will vamoose to oblivion through the same process.
Re: Amaechi Proceeds On Leave? SSG May Take Over Power. by SaintEddie: 9:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
take dat: Sick of awful garbage journalism. Anyone with half a brain would know that the journalist who wrote this manufactured hogwash is not knowledgeable. If the Governor and Deputy Governor decides to proceed on leave and the state house of assembly isn't sitting, the next in line to take over the administration of the State should be the Chief Judge of the State and not the SSG.

Why should Amaechi run into hiding when he was the one who filed the appeal before the supreme court seeking to quash a Court of Appeal ruling which gave Omehia of APGA in the 2011 election, 'the right to challenge a judgment' of the Federal High Court which declared that Amaechi's tenure ended on 29th May 2011. If the Supreme Court rules against Amaechi, the case will most likely be returned to the Court of Appeal than removing him as governor.

It was the Supreme Court who ruled that it was the party that contested the 2007 guber election. And the party was sworn-in on May 29
through Omehia. I do not see the Supreme Court reviewing its judgment considering the very tense political atmosphere.

#Beer parlour Journalism.

Thanks a lot bro, this brainless guys will seat back in a beer joint to post trash. Whether we like it or not Ameachi remains the Rivers Gov and there is nothing wike or whatever can do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race / Yuguda In Secret Meetings With Tinubu, Saraki, Others / Revealed: How Nigeria Will Look Like If Jonathan Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.