Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed (15025 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online / Akpabio Sits Next To Amaechi At NGF Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by theoctopus1: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
Embattled Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State has incurred the wrath of the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, for allegedly attempting to polarize the students’ body.

NANS also accused Gov. Amaechi of attempting to use some of its national executives as proxies in his rift with President Goodluck Jonathan.

NANS President, Comrade Olayinka Gbadebo, who spoke at a media briefing at the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, alleged that the Rivers State Government had allowed itself to be misled by an expelled executive of the union.

He said, “The attention of NANS leadership had been drawn to unsavory attempts by the Executive Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi on his desperate efforts at polarizing the united leadership of our noble organization.

“It is no longer news that the Rivers State Governor, who has been misinformed by agent provocateurs and swindlers has agreed as part of his current political travails to throw our dear organization into chaos”.

According to Gbadebo, Gov. Amaechi’s attempt to drag the leadership of the students’ body to side with him was rebuffed which led to the conclusion that the current crisis is nothing but “a political ego trip that has now degenerated into an incurable one.”

He added that “Having rebuffed several overtures made to the NANS President by Governor Amaechi, he has now found an ally in the expelled Deputy Senate President of NANS, Comr. John Shema of Benue State University, Makurdi to do the hatchet job”.

The student leader also accused the Rivers governor of sponsoring a press conference against President Goodluck Jonathan.

He also questioned why Gov. Amaechi would fund a project tour with the union in the state.

“Comr. John Shima in the month of August issued a sponsored press statement in support of Governor Rotimi Amaechi against President of our dear country, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

“For correcting the wrong impression already sold to the unsuspecting public, the hawks and clowns around Governor Amaechi have refused to let NANS operate functionally in their desperate bid to extort tax payers’ money.

“If we may ask, what does governor Rotimi Amaechi Need NANS for? Is NANS an extension of Nigeria Governor’s Forum which he led and successfully polarized? Or, the Peoples Democratic Party that he has elected to factionalize”, Gbadebo asked rhetorically.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/09/nans-to-amaechi-your-plan-to-polarize-students-union-has-failed.html

4 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by homesteady(m): 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
Is NANS an
extension of Nigeria Governor’s Forum which
he led and successfully polarized? Or, the
Peoples Democratic Party that he has elected
to factionalize”, Gbadebo asked rhetorically.
gringringrin
I'm sure very soon, Ameachi will soon start insulting the NANS!

14 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by dlox147(m): 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2013
this is further proof of how desperate our politicians are..instead of helping out in solving the current ASUU issue this leaders are trying to create more problems. Funny enough they all claim to love our country...shame

5 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by DrWalter: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
Dat vagrant Gbadebo shld focus on ASUU strike and leave politics for politicians

5 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by 9jaboy007: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
well am not shocked at all........before now i was angery with UNN for baning SUG ...... I feel i now no y,.....wike we in ph are not foools ooh but let me tell u.....u will never be a senator in this country come 2015.

3 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by ikennaoma(m): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
I won't blame NANS. Instead fighting and looking for a way forward for d nigeria students they are busy with what should not be a priority 2 them.

3 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by Dpeacemaker101: 1:04am On Sep 28, 2013
Wrong move by Amaechi has just backfired and here is the result.

10 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by talktimi(m): 1:16am On Sep 28, 2013
But Amaechi for leave this NANS people out of his shenanigans na

2 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by Chigorkizz(m): 1:26am On Sep 28, 2013
Mod.front page

1 Like

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by takedat(m): 1:36am On Sep 28, 2013
When did NANS become a noble organization? Hasn't NANS polarized the students it claim to represent? NANS is always ready to offer her services to the highest bidder. NANS has pitched its tent with the President while the comrade from Benue State or a faction is in the camp of Amaechi.

13 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by FreeGlobe(f): 3:09am On Sep 28, 2013
why am I not sure Amaechi is currently sponsoring the ASUU strike.

4 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by ochilikoko(m): 5:36am On Sep 28, 2013
Dr Walter: Dat vagrant Gbadebo shld focus on ASUU strike and leave politics for politicians
he is also a politician,though,@ Students level...@post,I am becoming more confused on whom to believe having known what NANS is alll about during my days in Union(S.U.G).Money for sure must av exchanged hands
Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by theoctopus1: 8:23am On Sep 28, 2013
take dat: When did NANS become a noble organization? Hasn't NANS polarized the students it claim to represent? NANS is always ready to offer her services to the highest bidder? NANS has pitched its tent with the President while the comrade from Benue State or a faction is in the camp of Amaechi.

Your partisan bias is too glaring. You obviously didn't notice how Amaechi has been dragging every organization into his naked dance. From teachers to civil society. Spending Rivers state tax payers money. Now that NANS have rejected his move, you castigate them. Such hypocrisy.

6 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by takedat(m): 8:50am On Sep 28, 2013
theoctopus1:

Your partisan bias is too glaring. You obviously didn't notice how Amaechi has been dragging every organization into his naked dance. From teachers to civil society. Spending Rivers state tax payers money. Now that NANS have rejected his move, you castigate them. Such hypocrisy.
Guy, why you dey police me up and down? What is the lie in my post? Is it that NANS isn't a pay-for-hire group? Your reasoning does not meet the basic standard of fairness and soundness. You accuse me of 'partisan bias' yet I have neither seen nor read a post of yours where you have equally castigated his(Amaechi) antagonists. Abi na ony Amaechi be the problem? Wike, Dame Jonathan and Mbu are saints to you!

12 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by cjrane: 9:04am On Sep 28, 2013
[size=15pt]That is the type of dirty and negative politics Amaechi is using Rivers State money to fund. Tomorrow,he will start buying heavy machine guns for jobless youths to become militants and thugs for him.

But he will not fund real development projects to transform Port Harcourt into a shining city of the future,the way Fashola has done in Lagos using about the same amount of budget!
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by talktimi(m): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2013
Amaechi should pls complete his multi billion naira monorail to nowhere first before dragging students into his rofo rofo fight

3 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by PIPPROF(m): 9:38am On Sep 28, 2013
talktimi: Amaechi should pls complete his multi billion naira monorail to nowhere first before dragging students into his rofo rofo fight

no mind am,
was in Ph last week and i can say Amaechi is seriously overhyped, abandoned Street projects at wimpy with water everywhere, no good drainage as obtainable in UYo, potholes everywhere shocked shocked

had to run back to Akwa Ibom, PH don fade

9 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 28, 2013
Amaechi has gone mad again o

1 Like

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by Pattey(m): 10:00am On Sep 28, 2013
I thought the NANS President was "impeached" some weeks back?

Back to the matter; only clog brains will believe any of what the NANS guy is saying. Why? He's only talking cos whatever money Amaechi gave to some people in NANS did not reach him. . . But since majority of Nigerians are silly, gullible, and myopic; they'll fall in line and applaud his statement.

Can he swear with the mere-paper of a certificate he's about to receive from Uni that he's not been collecting money from Government to take sides? Esp on this strike ish which I'm surprised he's still 'president'; as he was allegedly removed due to pursuing his own interests.

16 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by talktimi(m): 10:16am On Sep 28, 2013
PIP-PROF:

no mind am,
was in Ph last week and i can say Amaechi is seriously overhyped, abandoned Street projects at wimpy with water everywhere, no good drainage as obtainable in UYo, potholes everywhere shocked shocked

had to run back to Akwa Ibom, PH don fade
wimpy try na, enter nkpor and cry. Shebi he has paused all the power projects he has been usin to make noise since last year

2 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by tomakint: 10:30am On Sep 28, 2013
This is a sign of a drowning man still grabbing at straw, kudos to Gbadebo for being a wise son! Amaechi may regret ever being a Governor if after completing his 8 years he couldn't finish up with his 'multi-billion naira monorail project' undecided

2 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by theoctopus1: 11:01am On Sep 28, 2013
take dat: Guy, why you dey police me up and down? What is the lie in my post? Is it that NANS isn't a pay-for-hire group? Your reasoning does not meet the basic standard of fairness and soundness. You accuse me of 'partisan bias' yet I have neither seen nor read a post of yours where you have equally castigated his(Amaechi) antagonists. Abi na ony Amaechi be the problem? Wike, Dame Jonathan and Mbu are saints to you!

Are Wike, Dame and Mbu the aggresors? Who started fighting others around him? Does it not speak volumes that Wike, Dame, Omeiha, Odili, All the Rivers traditional rulers, House of assembly members, local government chairmen, etc, etc are all against Amaechi? Why is it that it is only the APC crew and the rebel G7 govs, who are obviously playing the "anything to spite GEJ" card that support Amaechi?

Amaechi is the one fighting with his own people. The whole blame of this saga is on him. The people of Rivers will never come to his defence, because he is on his own

9 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by Lilchilz(m): 11:23am On Sep 28, 2013
In a chemistry class, the teacher asked the
students
to name the atmospheric gases:
musa: oxygen.
Teacher: Good. Chidi: Nitrogen.
Teacher: That's my boy!!!! Kemi: Hydrogen.
Teacher: Wonderful!!!!!! ! Akpos: Tear gas.
Teacher: Akpos, you have one more chance,
else
you will be punished.
Akpos thinks hard and says: Fabregas

3 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by phaphyz05(m): 11:23am On Sep 28, 2013
Lyk a care *strolls out*
Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by phaphyz05(m): 11:23am On Sep 28, 2013
Lyk i care *strolls out*
Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by KKImoh: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2013
amaechi is just being non charlant, apart from da apc team & G-7 governor's , who else is backing him? That speaks in a large volume of how amaechi has bought much enemies, who would not mind fighting him to the end.

1 Like

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by imsuboi(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2013
Click the link on my signature

1 Like

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by Symphony007: 11:28am On Sep 28, 2013
Keep fooling yourselves. Stupid students, don't direct your energy to the federal government and assu so you can return to school..your colleagues in the rivers state university of science and technology thanks to ameachi's vision, are still in school. I can see why this strike is moving smoothly with no one lifting a finger, we have plonkers as nans leaders.

5 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by reflx(m): 11:29am On Sep 28, 2013
My guys have this igbo cliche...e ribe ego till e ribe federalu (in thick igbo accent)! Meaning you never chop money till you chop federal!!!this guy has obviously chopped federal....LOLS

4 Likes

Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by captainsinzu(m): 11:33am On Sep 28, 2013
Re: NANS To Amaechi: Your Plan To Polarize Students Union Has Failed by takedat(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2013
theoctopus1:

Are Wike, Dame and Mbu the aggresors? Who started fighting others around him? Does it not speak volumes that Wike, Dame, Omeiha, Odili, All the Rivers traditional rulers, House of assembly members, local government chairmen, etc, etc are all against Amaechi? Why is it that it is only the APC crew and the rebel G7 govs, who are obviously playing the "anything to spite GEJ" card that support Amaechi?

Amaechi is the one fighting with his own people. The whole blame of this saga is on him. The people of Rivers will never come to his defence, because he is on his own
Astounding hypocrisy. Your arguments are far separated from reality but knowing that you are a Proponent of 5 is greater than 27, 16 more than 19. Groveler of an appendage of power who chastised an elected Governor publicly, blocked major roads
etc I am not so surprised.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Polls: Police Uncover Plan To Dress Thugs In Police Uniform / Atiku Abubakar: Endless Borrowing Will Lead to Endless Sorrowing / Ayade Launches 'Operation Akpakwu' Against Kidnappers, Robbers In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.