Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,793 members, 7,862,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:16 PM

Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP (1011 Views)

Dear PMB, Please Redeploy Mrs Kemi Adeosun / Amaechi Pressurising Me To Free Hardened Criminals – Rivers CP / Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Adisa419: 3:28am On Sep 28, 2013
The Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress have issued a 21-day ultimatum to the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, and the Police Service Commission to redeploy the Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Joseph Mbu, in order to avert an indefinite workers’ strike.
The NLC and TUC, on Friday, issued the ultimatum at a joint press briefing they organised to address the dispersing of 13,000 teachers at the Port Harcourt Liberation Stadium and the continued blockade of Obio/Akpor council secretariat.
Speaking during the event that held in Port Harcourt, the State NLC Chairman, Dr. Chris Oruge, explained that apart from the call for Mbu’s redeployment, the organised labour in the state was demanding an unreserved apology from the IGP and the state police commissioner for dispersing the teachers who came to collect their letters of posting.
Oruge said, “It will be recalled that Mr. Mbu Joseph Mbu has continued to lock Obio/Akpor Local Government Council Secretariat despite a subsisting court order that the police should vacate the Obio/Akpor Local Government premises and allow the workers unrestricted access to their workplace.
“The organised labour views the action of the commissioner of police as a direct challenge to a competent order of the court and an invitation to organised labour anarchy in Rivers State.
“To this end, organised labour hereby gives 21 days ultimatum to the Inspector General of Police and the Police Service Commission to address the issues raised above expeditiously. In the alternative, the organised labour will embark on an indefinite strike action.”
Also, the State TUC Chairman, Mr. Chika Onuegbu, expressed worry that Obio/Akpor council workers had not receive their May, June, July and August salaries due to the continued closure of the secretariat by the police.
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by FreeGlobe(f): 3:38am On Sep 28, 2013
Nonsense, why not make it 2 days? Amaechi/Rivers money will choke you all.
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by clip: 4:06am On Sep 28, 2013
I think what d Labour Union needs to do now is to appeal to state government so that 13,000 teachers can be given their letters. Except that the state government gave them that option of protest against Mbu.
Let those teachers not wait 21days again.
Some of them have resigned from their former place of work.
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by ochilikoko(m): 5:24am On Sep 28, 2013
clip: I think what d Labour Union needs to do now is to appeal to state government so that 13,000 teachers can be given their letters. Except that the state government gave them that option of protest against Mbu.
@point
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 28, 2013
Mbu needs to be sent to psychiatric institution!
clip: I think what d Labour Union needs to do now is to appeal to state government so that 13,000 teachers can be given their letters. Except that the state government gave them that option of protest against Mbu.
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Toktee(m): 6:25am On Sep 28, 2013
FreeGlobe: Nonsense, why not make it 2 days? Amaechi/Rivers money will choke you all.
Look at your miserable life,even his accusers in the state do not said he stole money,they accused him of working against the niger delta course,so where do u get ur info from?
Abi u get from that corner shop where u d do ur hair?
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 28, 2013
I nid atleast 40likes...else i will comit sucide....jst save a soul....@topic mbu is a daft nd idiot dt's wht he is....

1 Like

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Danhumprey: 7:28am On Sep 28, 2013
Otor jesse: I nid atleast 40likes...else i will comit sucide....jst save a soul....@topic mbu is a daft nd idiot dt's wht he is....
You people should help a brother by clicking the 'Like' button! cheesy
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Danhumprey: 7:30am On Sep 28, 2013
He is long over-due to be re-deployed or even compulsorily retired! He is a nuisance! angry
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 28, 2013
All the pressure groups headed by notherners have shown hyper-partisanship under the Goodluck administration. When senate decided to tamper with the minimum wage statue, they only protested. ASUU -a daughter organisation has been on strike for three months now, no mention of sympathy strike. Now that the renegade cabals have ran out of options, they have capitulated to setting the pressure groups on collision course with the FG. ASUU strike has been politicized in this regards, NLC is following suit. NANS has refused to tow this dishonourable path. NLC is now planning to ground the country because of police business. We may see the last of United NLC if they remotely try to make good this useless threat.
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by fiscalcliff: 8:29am On Sep 28, 2013
Okoro2015: All the pressure groups headed by notherners have shown hyper-partisanship under the Goodluck administration. When senate decided to tamper with the minimum wage statue, they only protested. ASUU -a daughter organisation has been on strike for three months now, no mention of sympathy strike. Now that the renegade cabals have ran out of options, they have capitulated to setting the pressure groups on collision course with the FG. ASUU strike has been politicized in this regards, NLC is following suit. NANS has refused to tow this dishonourable path. NLC is now planning to ground the country because of police business. We may see the last of United NLC if they remotely try to make good this useless threat.
You laptop militia are becoming more pathetic and desperate
ASUU is fighting for the implementation of an agreement signed 4YEARS AGO
Before they want on a total strike, they gave a warning strike
You do not query the apathy of the FG in solving the strike but instead seek to feed us with the drivel from your Abuja masters that the lecturers have been compromised
Stop this blackmail
Let the FG pay up first and bring that accusation if they persist with the strike
That been said, those who fail to learn from history are usually consumed by it
Peter Esele heads the TUC, is he an Aboki from the North? undecided
The intolerance, desperation,ambition and tribal politics been played by GEJ using the FG's might will consume democracy
Operation wetie and the 1966 coup comes to mind but the dog who gets lost never hears his hunter's whistle

1 Like

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Symphony007: 8:34am On Sep 28, 2013
FreeGlobe: Nonsense, why not make it 2 days? Amaechi/Rivers money will choke you all.
sadly, you're a lady so i can't insult the living day light out of you so i'll just drop a simple message. This ultimatum is what this stupid CP gets for messing with people's job's. Labour can't stand by and watch their members being treated as criminals. Futhermore, you and your fellow likeminded thinkers should eliminate the taught of ameachi instigating labour to do this because labour has never gotten involved with this from the onset. But when their members were attacked, they acted. Which is perfectly reasonable.
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by clip: 7:31am On Oct 02, 2013
Symphony007: sadly, you're a lady so i can't insult the living day light out of you so i'll just drop a simple message. This ultimatum is what this stupid CP gets for messing with people's job's. Labour can't stand by and watch their members being treated as criminals. Futhermore, you and your fellow likeminded thinkers should eliminate the taught of ameachi instigating labour to do this because labour has never gotten involved with this from the onset. But when their members were attacked, they acted. Which is perfectly reasonable.

I know you're not aware that some government staffs had been on d same level for over 5 years without promotion and those promoted. It is yet to reflect on their salary.
State Labour Union did nothing. I wonder why they're more interested in this alone.
Protest against the government for them to correct the injustice
Some old teachers are praying that the new ones should come,that their coming will force the government to promote and effect d promoted
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by gare(f): 7:59am On Oct 02, 2013
What effort has the Rivers state gov't made to ensure that the letters of appointment or posting letters are collected by the teachers.

Instead Ameachi is bribing labour to send Mbu out, why would a gov't gathering over 13,000 persons in a spot not inform the police to help maintain law and order.

It is so sad that we all can't see that the gov't of Ameachi has no other biz to do than to ensure that Mbu leaves the state.

Ok fine and well the teachers were sent away what is the state doing about giving the teachers thier letters I felt labour should be more concerned with the teachers getting their letters than Mbu leaving or apologizing.

We all have to be careful hoe we handling this Ameachi issues, we can all see he is drowning, and er should not allow ourselves to be used by him,he should forget all this tactics he is using to get cheap popularity.

And why does he need to gather so much persons in the name of posting letters. This modern day of technology all those letters could be sent by emails not acting like we are in the 80s.

Labour be advised that your responsibility is to ensure the teachers get their letters of posting not coming out to show your self that you have collected money from Rivers state gov't.

And for the police,if they were not formally invited to ensure all went well at the stadium,then what they did was right, if anything had gone wrong and there is a break down of law we will also blame the police,for them to be proactive I see nothing. Wrong.

And if Rivers state had sincere motives then they inform the police formally and asked the newly recruited teachers to come for their letters.while the police will be there to maintain peace and order.
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21days To Redeploy Rivers CP by clip: 3:32am On Oct 08, 2013
I congratulate the Rivers State government under the leadership of Ameachi by dispatching the new teachers to their respective duty post.

(1) (Reply)

Ali Baba And His 27 Thieves In Imo State (part One) / "Nothing Do Me" Plane Crash Survivor, Feyi Agagu, Speaks At Hospital / New Abuja City Gate Construction To Gulp Us$400million - FCTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.