Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

When I Became Serious With God... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When I Became Serious With God... (479 Views)

The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) / Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist / How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When I Became Serious With God... by sidespin: 5:56am On Sep 28, 2013
‘’WHEN I BECAME SERIOUS WITH GOD, HE BECAME SERIOUS WITH ME.”

Many years ago, a dear uncle of mine, Uncle Ben, lost his youngest son in a car accident. He told me about times he would go to bed and cry night after night, because he felt the great torment of deep sorrow. One night, he cried out to God like never before, “Dear God, I have to have help.” He prayed in a whole-hearted fashion. He said that when he prayed like this, God gave him what he needed in the manifestation of a vision. From his description, I believe that my uncle was translated to heaven. The experience changed his life. The glory of God shone on his face, even after a year had passed. I believe that he had the same kind of experience that Moses had when he came into God’s presence. The torment lifted from his life, and it became naturally visible that he had been transformed.

The key to his revelation was found in his very words. He told me, “When I became serious with God, He became serious with me.” If you’ll learn to pray with your whole heart, you will receive an instant manifestation. In Matthew 5:6, Jesus said, “If you hunger and thirst you will be filled.” The words “hunger and thirst” also mean to crave or to starve.

People do not get into God’s dimension, because they are not hungry or thirsty enough for God. They are like spoiled children who eat candy all day long and turn up their noses when a nourishing meal is set before them. They couldn’t eat it, anyway, because they are full of junk that is literally killing them. People, today, have their lives so full of the junk of this temporal world, that they do not have any room for the things of God. They may even become hateful when you talk about the things of God. If we, as Christians, will begin starving out some of the things of this world, the eternal, supernatural, life-changing Word of God will become exciting to read and meditate upon. We will be filled with the supernatural things of God.

When we allow other things in our life to become more important than the things of God, it becomes difficult and often impossible to pray with our whole hearts. In Mark 4:19 Jesus said, “And the cares of this world, deceitfulness of riches, and lust of other things entering in, choke the Word, and it becometh unfruitful.” (Mel Bond)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Church Women Begin 605-day Prayer For Nigeria. / Why Won't Parent Name Thier Kids JUDAS? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.