Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,717 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) (3140 Views)

TB Joshua Arrives Israel. Deputy Major Of Jerusalem Said This About Him (pics) / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by ojimbo(m): 12:59am On Apr 01, 2016
This quote got me inspired to have a rethink of what I was earlier told

7 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by jamela(f): 1:56am On Apr 01, 2016
No, that meme is wrong. It should be like this

God: I love you my child

Human: I think I prefer to be on my own

God: Why? I have made a special place for you

Human: No thank you, I'll rather be on my own

God: But child, cut off from me you can do nothing, If you would have nothing with me, you will be at the mercy of the devil. And I want what's best for you, please don't leave me. What would all your brothers and sisters in my kingdom do when I cant bring you home with me because you have refused to come?

Human: Uhm.. I would rather take my chances with the devil, I don't need you, I'll do what I want and I certainly don't need your heaven.

God: No you don't understand, all you have now, this life you have, its my breath. And this ring you wear (which is my covenant with you) protects you from the evil one in the underworld.

Human: You can have your life and your ring back I don't need it.

God: I beg you, do not cut yourself away from me. The evil one would attack you if he finds you without my breath and my convenant ring.

Human: Alright, I'm done talking to you now.. I'm getting away from you. (Takes off the ring, throws it at God's feet and leaves God)

God: Nooo! Child please come back, it's too dangerous, my arms are open to receive you again, I will keep this ring waiting for your return my child. Please return before the evil one steals you from me, if he does, he wont let you back in my arms.

Devil: (Finds vulnerable human without the protective ring) Alas, you have left your savior, no one to save you now. (Devours human in everlasting torture)

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by Idrismusty97(m): 2:08am On Apr 01, 2016
^^^ Lol, seems someone forgot the "all knowing" God created the devil. If you see a sharp object on the floor and you know it could hurt your kid what would be the most logical thing to do? If the sharp object indeed hurt the kid whose fault is it. Your fault, The sharp object fault or the ignorant kids fault?(Note: The kid doesn't see the future like you I.e he isn't "All knowing" ).

And BTW never mind answering the question, It would lead to some freewill bullshït argument.

14 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by jeffizy(m): 2:09am On Apr 01, 2016
@jamela., God bless you.

No further comment.
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by jamela(f): 2:12am On Apr 01, 2016
Idris, The devil deceives you with that thought. God didn't create a devil. God created an Angel of Light, Everything God created he saw they were good. Lucifer chose to take the evil path, that wasn't God's decision. You too have a choice. Think about it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by jamela(f): 2:13am On Apr 01, 2016
jeffizy:
@jamela., God bless you.

No further comment.
God Bless you too.
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by Idrismusty97(m): 2:19am On Apr 01, 2016
jamela:
Idris, The devil deceives you with that thought. God didn't create a devil. God created an Angel of Light, Everything God created he saw they were good. Lucifer chose to take the evil path, that wasn't God's decision. You too have a choice. Think about it.
And here we go again. They are a million and one things i could say to you but they all have been said before. I don't have the energy for some talks these days.

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by jamela(f): 2:29am On Apr 01, 2016
Idrismusty97:
And here we go again. They are a million and one things i could say to you but they all have been said before. I don't have the energy for some talks these days.

Alright, but I'll leave you with what a friend once told me. If you are bad and God lets you into heaven, you would make heaven uncomfortable for others dwelling there-in. Always remember, he made man spotless and blameless to live in the garden with other creatures, but man ate unto himself the fruit of knowledge of good and evil and that is why we are faced with this predicament. Asking the omniscience God to have taken away the fruit tree or the devil to avert what happened later is illogical because though he knew what would happen he always had another plan to bring us back to him, we humans only see what the past has led to the present. Only God sees what the past leads to the future and beyond, you cant be too wise if you can not see the future and why these things had to happen or what plan he had from the beginning that would manifest at a later date to make all things right as he wants it. Place your trust in Him (God) is all you need to do. Better safe than sorry.

2 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by orisa37: 4:10am On Apr 01, 2016
U are not an atheist. U believe what U want to believe. U are just an armed robber.
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by samuelUMOH(m): 4:10am On Apr 01, 2016
You are very intelligent ......nice response Jamela.
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by matrix199(m): 7:15am On Apr 01, 2016
The big bang theory for me!
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by ojimbo(m): 7:18am On Apr 01, 2016
orisa37:
U are not an atheist. U believe what U want to believe. U are just an armed robber.
always expect me to kill you because you do not have the same believe and ideaology with me. Does that sound sensible to you ?
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by matrix199(m): 7:19am On Apr 01, 2016
jamela:

Alright, but I'll leave you with what a friend once told me. If you are bad and God lets you into heaven, you would make heaven uncomfortable for others dwelling there-in. Always remember, he made man spotless and blameless to live in the garden with other creatures, but man ate unto himself the fruit of knowledge of good and evil and that is why we are faced with this predicament. Asking the omniscience God to have taken away the fruit tree or the devil to avert what happened later is illogical because though he knew what would happen he always had another plan to bring us back to him, we humans only see what the past has led to the present. Only God sees what the past leads to the future and beyond, you cant be too wise if you can not see the future and why these things had to happen or what plan he had from the beginning that would manifest at a later date to make all things right as he wants it. Place your trust in Him (God) is all you need to do. Better safe than sorry.

Do you realise u're pouring out what u were taught, what they fed u with? You think you would know or say the same thing if you were born and raised like tarzan or mogley of the jungle book?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by orisa37: 8:10am On Apr 01, 2016
Very sensible. Thanks for I shall not make any sex available for you to lay your itching fingers upon.
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by ifenes(m): 8:14am On Apr 01, 2016
@Jamela,I like you a lot. If you don't like me back I will stab you to death.

How does that sound?

2 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 01, 2016
jamela:
Stop this blasphemy.

5 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by Oluwaseytiano(m): 9:43am On Apr 01, 2016
Yahweh is a weird character.

6 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by ElCount: 9:54am On Apr 01, 2016
You became an atheist because you think by not believing in God everything just resets and that which you feared most will go away? You know, i dont like APC you think if I just believe that they don't exist that will make them to disappear, like can I just believe them away into non-existence? please tell me because i really dont like them
ojimbo:
This quote got me inspired to have a rethink of what I was earlier told
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by ElCount: 10:06am On Apr 01, 2016
jamela:
Spot on. What these atheist dont understand is that there's no in-between, you are either with the light or with the darkness, with God or with the devil.
The devil knows this and he uses it to his advantage because all he has to do is take you away from God by any means possible, everything you do thats not in line with God is for him. And they tell you "I dont believe in God or the devil", well the devil does not need to convince you to follow him because as long as you are not with God you are already with him.
On that last day he will be there bringing up the charges for God to use in condemning you, because he is the accuser

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by ElCount: 10:32am On Apr 01, 2016
matrix199:
The big bang theory for me!
I bet you don't know what the big bang theory says because that's the most illogical and unscientific theory ever known

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by matrix199(m): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2016
ElCount:
I bet you don't know what the big bang theory says because that's the most illogical and unscientific theory ever known

Coming from someone with a very low IQ, compared with evolutionists, I'll let it pass.

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by ElCount: 11:11am On Apr 01, 2016
matrix199:

Coming from someone with a very low IQ, compared with evolutionists, I'll let it pass.
Low IQ really, I am guessing you are the one with the higher IQ, yet you believe some bullshit theory
well go ahead and tell the world how high ur IQ is, make their day don't let it pass, I beg of thee
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by jamela(f): 3:44am On Apr 02, 2016
ifenes:

How does that sound?
How about, if I were your daughter and you told me you loved me, you asked me to stay away from the bad boys that live down the block, but then I sneaked out to meet them only to get raped and killed. Is that your fault?
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by kullozone(m): 9:46am On Apr 02, 2016
jamela:

How about, if I were your daughter and you told me you loved me, you asked me to stay away from the bad boys that live down the block, but then I sneaked out to meet them only to get raped and killed. Is that your fault?
I don't understand this your logic ma.Isn't God the one who'll throw those who don't follow him into hell by himself?More like,you disobey your father to hangout with the devil,then your loving father catches and kill the both of you.And who created evil?did the devil just become evil all by himself?so he created something(evil) God didn't create..?

3 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by asalimpo(m): 9:56am On Apr 02, 2016
Idrismusty97:
^^^ Lol, seems someone forgot the "all knowing" God created the devil. If you see a sharp object on the floor and you know it could hurt your kid what would be the most logical thing to do? If the sharp object indeed hurt the kid whose fault is it. Your fault, The sharp object fault or the ignorant kids fault?(Note: The kid doesn't see the future like you I.e he isn't "All knowing" ).

And BTW never mind answering the question, It would lead to some freewill bullshït argument.
You and every1 on earth has aright to go to hell.
And a fair God must not violate your right , if he really respects you.
You also have a right to be born and make your choice, a fair God will not create only people that will choose only heaven. It's your choice.
Hope you won't blame him for rejecting Him, that's the ultimate b.s
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by asalimpo(m): 10:03am On Apr 02, 2016
ifenes:

How does that sound?
How about, i love you son , please dont play with naked wire it will shock you?
son goes around playing with exposed wire, gets electrocuted, loses his arm
son regrets.
Next, what do you say ? Daddy ws the cause.

You buy equipments with warning signs on them.
"Caution : "/"Atchung" etc
electronics, drugs etc. Are those threats? They are warnings. get your warped minds straight.

If you're name is not in the book of life, there's no heaven for you.
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by taurus25(m): 11:41am On Apr 02, 2016
ElCount:
l0l.....gringringrin
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
asalimpo:

How about, i love you son , please dont play with naked wire it will shock you?
son goes around playing with exposed wire, gets electrocuted, loses his arm
son regrets.
Next, what do you say ? Daddy ws the cause.

You buy equipments with warning signs on them.
"Caution : "/"Atchung" etc
electronics, drugs etc. Are those threats? They are warnings. get your warped minds straight.

If you're name is not in the book of life, there's no heaven for you.
You guys keep making up absurd instances.

But you with later attribute God qualities like omniscience and omnipotent.

If God is your father, and omniscience he would just wish the unclad wire away, that's what God should do.

He should'nt be warning man against the Devil he created. Except he isn't all-powerful like you think. Don't you think?

2 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
taurus25:

l0l.....gringringrin
I know right gringringringringringringringrin.

Now, back at the OP, you are not neccesarily an atheist for not all religion dictates an apocalyspe God.

Depending on your tendings, you're an agnostic or just plain irreligious.

Now is the time to read more, expand your horizion and free yourself!!!

And as for those bringing analogies, both theists and atheists/freethinkers/pastafarians/toothfarians

you're failin........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by dolphinheart(m): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
jamela:
No, that meme is wrong. It should be like this

God: I love you my child

Human: I think I prefer to be on my own

God: Why? I have made a special place for you

Human: No thank you, I'll rather be on my own

God: But child, cut off from me you can do nothing, If you would have nothing with me, you will be at the mercy of the devil. And I want what's best for you, please don't leave me. What would all your brothers and sisters in my kingdom do when I cant bring you home with me because you have refused to come?

Human: Uhm.. I would rather take my chances with the devil, I don't need you, I'll do what I want and I certainly don't need your heaven.

God: No you don't understand, all you have now, this life you have, its my breath. And this ring you wear (which is my covenant with you) protects you from the evil one in the underworld.

Human: You can have your life and your ring back I don't need it.

God: I beg you, do not cut yourself away from me. The evil one would attack you if he finds you without my breath and my convenant ring.

Human: Alright, I'm done talking to you now.. I'm getting away from you. (Takes off the ring, throws it at God's feet and leaves God)

God: Nooo! Child please come back, it's too dangerous, my arms are open to receive you again, I will keep this ring waiting for your return my child. Please return before the evil one steals you from me, if he does, he wont let you back in my arms.

Devil: (Finds vulnerable human without the protective ring) Alas, you have left your savior, no one to save you now. (Devours human in everlasting torture)

So it's the devil that sends one to evalasting Tor ture?
its the devil that devours there?, thought he too will be burning and in pain?
Who created this Tor ture chamber ?

dnt surpport your views that you will be purnished for 10 billion years and more for something you did in 80 years or much less.

you know nothing before God gave you that life, if you misuse it, he will take it back, you will go back to the former state of no life, knowing nothing!
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by asalimpo(m): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
Pyrrho:
You guys keep making up absurd instances.

But you with later attribute God qualities like omniscience and omnipotent.

If God is your father, and omniscience he would just wish the unclad wire away, that's what God should do.

He should'nt be warning man against the Devil he created. Except he isn't all-powerful like you think. Don't you think?
And you guys keep making up baseless contexts, why should God wish the wire away?
That's not how the system works.
In His domain, Heaven, He has to final say so, but in man's domain (earth) man has the free will do as a he pleases.
You have a model of a how a god should act and all gods who dont fit into your personal model gets rejected. But which model is the right one? they are as many models as they are atheists
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by BodyKiss(m): 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
asalimpo:

You and every1 on earth has aright to go to hell.
And a fair God must not violate your right , if he really respects you.
You also have a right to be born and make your choice, a fair God will not create only people that will choose only heaven. It's your choice.
Hope you won't blame him for rejecting Him, that's the ultimate b.s

So he purposely created those he will burn in hell. Why is it a bad idea if everyone makes heaven?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aliens In The Bible / Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? / Why Do Catholics Confess Their Sins To Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.