Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF (11635 Views)

Civilian-JTF Claims Shekau Was Arrested / Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
800 people who baka are rams will use for training...smh..victims
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by obayaya(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
and what's the meaning of this? Is the governor expecting a handshake for obviously sending this 800 to die. for Christ sake, don't these Ppl think?

civilian jtf was successful because of their casual undercover nature. and now you are giving them a uniform that can be recognized from afar. I just hope that uniform is bullet proof.

BTW the last time I checked, Nigeria had more than a 100 thousand men at arms in the various divisions of the armed forces. are we paying those gallant soldiers to sleep in the barracks to grow pot bellies and fvck at mami.

Never send a child to do a man's job... God bless whoever said that

2 Likes

Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by SenatorM(m): 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
We have to fight and STOP boko haram terrorist group today or else they will surely spread to other part of the country even Lagos. This youth sacrifies themselves for the peace of the country ,then you Nigerians are complaining. Soldiers and army alone cannot fight this battle, we also need the supports of the insiders i.e the indegenes who knows the in an outs of the group to fight the battle. The battle against terrorism does not elude from any family . You might be the victim of terrorism
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Chukabiz(m): 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
So our millitary men that we even send to aid other countries cant handle Boko Haram?

1 Like

Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Beaf1: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
ADVANTAGE:
These youths are the ones being recruited by Boko Harems as foot soldiers. Now there will be no street rooming and jobless youths ready to be brainwashed by Boko Harem.

DISADVANTAGE:
If our trained JTF soldiers can be ambushed and killed like chickens by these Boko Harem monsters, how then can these boys fight them? This is suicide mission. Is it this sticks that the boys will use to face Boka Haram?

2 Likes

Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Emmyk(m): 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sonofakapenta: "BOYES" sounds like "boko boys". Change the name to some m without "BO" and the rest of it.

Obama defeated Osama. wink
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by luvmijeje(f): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
Well done to the Governor. Since those in charge of security are playing politics with their life. I believe empowering people to protect themselves and their community is the best under this unusual circumstance
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
Not they good move I hope they don't turn against this country
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Nten: 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
Welcome development
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by premlove(m): 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2013
So what is the difference between this and state police. mumu northerner

1 Like

Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
The project should be properly investigated and supervised by the FG to ensure that they are not uniformed Boko Haram
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by sanandreas(m): 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
Am not happy about it. We should'nt arm them. Why are the armies in the barrack? This is the time we need them, and not for international peace.

1 Like

Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Reptyle(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
I hope this militia that has been set up will not become another nuisance in future.

That is the same way all these ethnic militias started. They will obviously play a major role in helping the governor win the next election.

In a nation where billions are spent on maintaining a standing armed forces, I do not see the need for engaging a private army at d state level.

What happens to this private army of "trained" civilians after the BK saga comes to an end?

Isn't this the beginning of another monster that will soon spiral out of control?
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by gidiMonsta(m): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
Anybody who thinks this Civilian JTF nonsense is a good idea should read up on how Al-Shabaab and the LRA menace came about. Anarchism is never a good idea.

1 Like

Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by patostation(m): 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
These youths would have done better without uniform which will set them up as "sitting ducks" and easy targets of the Boko boys. Without uniform, they will be invincible and will easily report the activities of the terrorists.

I fear for their lives now.

1 Like

Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Mayflowa(m): 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
shininglite: Wat potential do dey wana discover? I dare say dat no top government official son is involved. Dis bois wud jst die fighting for wat dey dnt know angry

Na wa o. If Government doesn't take action, you complain. Now, government has taken action, you still complain.

How do u imagine society works. It works through the people
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by MumyGO(f): 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
i really appreciate d fact dt u presentd us with d publications from dift newspaper.no offense meant,are u a journalist ?
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by UKBobo(m): 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
Haba! Price of wood has just increased exponentially in Borno. I just hope some local boys have gone into coffin business.

I pray for these boys in advance. No armour, no weapons, no training. Move in peace.
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by tommykiwi(m): 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
Na because jab no dey...if dem see Oil company jab wetin concern dis poor youth with Civilian JTF
Nonsense....hiSss
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by baslone: 10:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
I was expecting to see a lot of southern faces in the crew.
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Judek2(m): 11:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
Was their faces painted black as.part of the training
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by UKBobo(m): 11:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
Was their faces painted black as.part of the training

They are Africans my friend. Like you. Keep that skin inferiority complex to yourself, abeg.

If it is Oyinbo face you wan see, look at my profile pic - Mugu number 1 when i reached London.
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by ilias14(m): 1:25am On Sep 30, 2013
Why the so called politicians didn't use their wives and children as Volunteers?
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by MayorofLagos(m): 5:13am On Sep 30, 2013
Before they were given uniform they were not publicly identifiable but yet bokoharam could pick them out and killed them in reprisal attacks.

So now they have uniform announcing who they are...they are sitting targets.

Boko will use them as double agents to infiltrate and cause more harm to jtf.

1 Like

Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by mrking3(m): 5:46am On Sep 30, 2013
Honestly! I think Nigerians are †ђξ most difficult people to deal with! Did anyone force them to voluntarily join †ђξ CJTF? Before this pronouncement, they've been fighting this cause without pay and formal training. So I believe †ђξ Governor has actually done †ђξ right thing to have officially given them a sense of belonging and formal training as part of security Agents of †ђξ State. Atleast, they'll be meaningfully engaged! No body is forced to join this Group! This Group was born out of their patrotic zeal to flush out bokoharam in †ђξ state! Now, †ђξy'll be entitled to monthly salary, insurance, and other benefits! Unlike before! So you'all should just shut up! And embrace this move by †ђξ state Government. Except you have a Better offer for them!
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by YoshiMaster: 6:07am On Sep 30, 2013
mr_king: Honestly! I think Nigerians are †ђξ most difficult people to deal with! Did anyone force them to voluntarily join †ђξ CJTF? Before this pronouncement, they've been fighting this cause without pay and formal training. So I believe †ђξ Governor has actually done †ђξ right thing to have officially given them a sense of belonging and formal training as part of security Agents of †ђξ State. Atleast, they'll be meaningfully engaged! No body is forced to join this Group! This Group was born out of their patrotic zeal to flush out bokoharam in †ђξ state! Now, †ђξy'll be entitled to monthly salary, insurance, and other benefits! Unlike before! So you'all should just shut up! And embrace this move by †ђξ state Government. Except you have a Better offer for them!

Well, all the pay and fringe benefits you mentioned won't be enjoyed for long by them if they are put on the front lines, so to speak, with just sticks and stones.

I do like the initiative to officially involve them in matters of security, thereby enabling them to receive benefits, hence bettering their lives.

I however would have preferred it if they were enrolled out rightly into the army, as maybe an intelligence gathering group, or somn.
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by marley145: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2013
malc619: Another set of islamic militants...
to fight for islams in 2015 elections
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by isleman(m): 11:56am On Sep 30, 2013
more reason why there is need for state police. this is not far from state policing.

1 Like

Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Hero10001: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Hero10001: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
kekakuz: borno to sacrifice 800 youths for boko aram.

am the only one seeing it this way?

Oh no! You're not alone.
The sins of the Fathers!!
"800"!! Uneducated, "BRAINWASHED" aboki Youths set-up for Death!!!
The gov said another 800 will be dressed again. (for sacrifice after BH finish the first batch)

Where Hundreds of Trained Nigerian Soidiers, SJTF, CJTF, Police etc were brutally murdered.??.!!

Common aboki youths to face a well funded "Armed" Boko boys with Bullet proof vests and Bombs..?!

Chai!!
E no go better for Poverty IJN!!

*holding my head* **soobs & SMH**.!
Re: Borno Trains 800 Youths For Civilian JTF by Litmus: 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
certainly innovative, taking neighborhood watch to another level.

Hope the youths employed in this venture get payed and receive some sort of further acknowledgment, maybe in the form of certificate/diploma that would fast-track them into gainful employment in well-paid jobs.

Well done and good luck Borno State, Borno youths and Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obanikoro To Testify Against Fayose Over N4.7bn Fraud / Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal / Matawalle To APC: Under Your Party, Banditry Ravaged Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.