Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. (48241 Views)

An Open Letter To Buhari By A Graduate Male Nurse / 5 Solid Advantages Of Marrying A Nurse. / The Challenges Of Being A Female Pilot In The Nigerian Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by lanxebony(m): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2014
U guys here dnt knw anything about nursing or male nursing. Nursing as a proffession is nt a gender based professn.
Move out from ur myopic sight and see trans4matn in our health team. Why n critisise a male stylist or a female baber. Many pple are succeding in d proffesn dat u think is genderly given.
4get d gender role and see changes. Some of u wnt want male nurse to inject u . U want a beautiful nurse . Sowi o ure on d long run. Send ur relatn 2 study nursing and u will knw d diffrence is clear. An auxillary is diff 4rm a trained registed nurse either male or female. Male nursing are trending n breaking ground. Nurses are handsome n beautiful. Proudly male nurse

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by boraborababy: 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
new2020:

That's a very stu$pid question.
I understand how it would be a stupid question to a smallminded idiot like you.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by boraborababy: 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
boraborababy:

I understand how it would be a stoopid question to a smallminded idioot like you.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by coolest0(m): 6:35am On Nov 24, 2014
nursemyke:

@Lyna, you are very wrong about the gift of caring, I am a Nurse and I have one of the best testimonials from my clients. I am very gifted and and I have other male Nurses here who have done very well too.

You are so on point professional colleaugue...
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by susanbussy(f): 6:23am On Nov 25, 2014
This is a great topic.... but its only because of our exposure as Nigeria.
I see male nurses as important as a female nurse can be on the floor I love to work with them and we have so much fun at work with less gossip and. More work done..
I have worked as a correctional nurse for a long time and get to work with a lot of wonderful male nurses they do really great with patient both in our psyc hospital and medical,...... Great with verbal de escalation they don't get angry easily we female nurses call them to talk to patients when they get angry because they seems to have more patient than we do and guess what female patients do great with that a lot.
Male nurses around always save the day at my job and I can't imagine working with all bunch of girls all day I will loose my mind....

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by Ehimenboy(m): 8:41am On Nov 26, 2014
johnkent:
I'm a "male" nurse anesthetist that make a base salary of $245,000/year.
You can call me whatever you want but i'm laughing all the way to the bank
Are you serious? In Nigeria?
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by flightz(f): 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
No man wakes up in the morning and decides to be a nurse.

Condition na im make crayfish bend.

Most went into nursing for the money.

But most of the male nurses are gay or closet gay.

Nursing is the profession that will help them stay in touch with their inner femininity.

I bet they get off inserting urinary catheter into a male patient.

I will not be caught dead being attended by a male nurse.

Simple as that.

\
I used to think you were smart. I now know better.. I hope u don't get unconscious and require the attention of a nurse who happens to be male. Oh, what of male doctors, you won't allow them attend to you? Literacy isn't education, now I agree.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by flightz(f): 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
Iykebestbt:
Nothing is wrong with male nurses...my course mate who was to be operated on his abdomen was not properly shaved around his John Thomas area ånd the hairs were so grown to the abdomen where the operation will reach.. It was a female nurse who was asked to come do the shaving before the start of the operation.. ånd the way she was holding,twisting,ånd rotating that joyystick while shaving as if she dey change motor gear... So if a lady çån do so to a man,what will happen when a man do same to a lady?
chai, u can lie o. Na u ! No be ur coursemate!
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by flightz(f): 5:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
coolest0:
Am a Male Nurse, based in Kogi, From experience I can only say I face those gender challenges during my schooling days when a female patient says cos you are a male (student) nurse, you can't touch or see them, but when you are out in the real world and u are the only one on duty and. A male nurse, let the patient who doesn't want u to touch her remain there unattended to...and die.. Trust me they have no choice.. I work in female Ward in a hospital in Ayangba...

#proudlyaMaleNurse
Grignard Hosp? U gav too many details, decorum!
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by flightz(f): 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
lezz:
hmn, twisted.
As improbable as a female soldier is have you really seen a "combatant " female soldier in real battle ground.
I'll grow up but not into conforming to a modern sexless standard of society even though it seems your preferred destination
males have being in nursing since time immemorial. I grew up to knw many male nurses getting retired, so its not a new trend. I guess its cos people refer to them as 'doctor'... Emancipate ursef frm mental slavery man
Re: Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. by coolest0(m): 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
flightz:
Grignard Hosp? U gav too many details, decorum!

Am I hiding bro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pauline Ochanya: Pretty Female Firefighter Who Has Won Hearts Of Online Users / Meet Priscilla Ekwerre: First Female To Have Her Signature On The 1000Naira Note / Sarah Adenike Morocco-Clarke Dies At 80 (Nigeria's First Female Banker)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.