Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! (1765 Views)

CNN Refers To Nigeria As A North African Country / Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country / Nyako Congratulates Ngilari, Says He’s Sure Of Returning To Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by BlackRevolution(m): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
Robert Mugabe!!! The fearless, courageous, heroic Zimbabwe's president is at it once more!!! Mugabe on Thursday berated the U.S. and former colonial power Britain and its allies for trying to control his nation and its resources in a speech to the UN General Assembly!!! "Shame, shame, shame to the U.S. Shame, shame, shame to Britain and its allies” he was quote, “Zimbabwe is for Zimbabweans, so are its resources. Please remove your illegal and filthy sanctions from my peaceful country”
Mugabe said that the sanctions imposed by the EU and the U.S. violated the UN Charter on state sovereignty and condemned them as a “foreign-policy tool to effect regime change”!!!
He said that sanctions constituted a form of hostility and violence against his government, which was only trying to redistribute land to the majority of landless Zimbabweans.
“Our small and peaceful country is threatened daily by covetous and bigoted big powers whose hunger for domination and control of other nations and their resources know no bounds,” he said
And guess what, the United States couldn't face the truth, its members had to walk away while Mugabe was giving his speech!!! America is truly a bitch!!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/shame-shame-shame-mugabe-tells-u-s-britain/#sthash.yxFuBkKH.ANbvyoXE.dpuf

5 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
Funny article...

Mugabe has been in power for about 33 years...what exactly does this say about Zimbabweans??

1 Like

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by BlackRevolution(m): 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
You are asking what it says about Zimbabweans? Do you know how is going at all? Mugabe got about 80% of his country's vote and here you are asking what I can't really give an answer too!!! Who cares if he has been in power for long! The masses confirmed that they want him, they trust him regardless of how Uncle sam, with her goddamn allies tried to turn Mugabe's back to the people!!! You are yet to understand that Zimbabweans are the most conscioused Africans currently!!!

4 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
BlackRevolution: You are asking what it says about Zimbabweans? Do you know how is going at all? Mugabe got about 80% of his country's vote and here you are asking what I can't really give an answer too!!! Who cares if he has been in power for long! The masses confirmed that they want him, they trust him regardless of how Uncle sam, with her goddamn allies tried to turn Mugabe's back to the people!!! You are yet to understand that Zimbabweans are the most conscioused Africans currently!!!

Just like Libyans loved Ghadaffi and wanted him in power...I hear ya.

1 Like

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by micklplus(m): 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
^
Libya palaver had to do with propaganda!!! The west has succeeded in turning libya upside down, what has average libyans benefited from the removal of gadaffi? Is libya better off ? Incase you nor know, Libya was better off under gadaffi. Yes, gadaffi was a lil bit over the board but, the west blew his atrocities out of proportion.

The bitter truth is, the west tried to control what's up in Zimbabwe but, the people said, " na mugabe we want" so, wetin concern US and britain for the matter?

They can't be using foreign policy tool to be controlling another man's country mehn!

America should f.u.c.king face her problem!!! Britain should face her palaver joor! They should take their Poo outta afican!

3 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by micklplus(m): 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
Until we start defining democracy from our own context, we can't move forward in africa. We shouldn't allow the west to be messing with our brains!

Until mugabe goes against the provision in the constitution of Zimbabwe, make dem free mugabe joor.

His people are not complaining so, who the hell be US and britain for this matter?

5 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
micklplus: ^
Libya palaver had to do with propaganda!!! The west has succeeded in turning libya upside down, what has average libyans benefited from the removal of gadaffi? Is libya better off ? Incase you nor know, Libya was better off under gadaffi. Yes, gadaffi was a lil bit over the board but, the west blew his atrocities out of proportion.

Your assessment of the Libya case is greatly flawed.

The west did not turn Libya upside down, they did that themselves. Same with Egypt today. The people clamoured for change and change was what they got.

micklplus:
The bitter truth is, the west tried to control what's up in Zimbabwe but, the people said, " na mugabe we want" so, wetin concern US and britain for the matter?

They can't be using foreign policy tool to be controlling another man's country mehn!

America should f.u.c.king face her problem!!! Britain should face her palaver joor! They should take their Poo outta afican!

I really do not care much about the west and what they want to achieve. Mugabe's continued stay in office after 33 years is not healthy for the Country. Haba, how can one man rule a country since she attained independence?

2 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by hercules07: 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
striktlymi:

The west did not turn Libya upside down, they did that themselves. Same with Egypt today. The people clamoured for change and change was what they got.

I really do not care much about the west and what they want to achieve. Mugabe's continued stay in office after 33 years is not healthy for the Country. Haba, how can one man rule a country since she attained independence?

You do know that an English prime minister can be in office for as long as he is the head of the winning party, Zimbabwe's constitution allows the man to contest as many times as possible, he has not done anything wrong.

3 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
micklplus: Until we start defining democracy from our own context, we can't move forward in africa. We shouldn't allow the west to be messing with our brains!

Until mugabe goes against the provision in the constitution of Zimbabwe, make dem free mugabe joor.

His people are not complaining so, who the hell be US and britain for this matter?

What exactly is the definition of democracy from the African context??

@Bold: His people are not complaining yet they were happy when the tenure for the presidency was pruned to just two terms in office?

2 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by micklplus(m): 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
striktlymi:

Has mugabe 'stay in office gone against the provision of their constitution?

Again, in Libya, who instigated the change they clamoured for? What was the condition of average libyans before the west put dem mouth for libya matter? Since the aiding and complete removal of ghadaffi, has things improved in libya?

At a point, Ghadaffi agreed to compromise ooo, he was ready to do his people's wish, did the almighty west agree?

Make dem nor teach us nonsense joor!

3 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
hercules07:

You do know that an English prime minister can be in office for as long as he is the head of the winning party, Zimbabwe's constitution allows the man to contest as many times as possible, he has not done anything wrong.

Zuma accused Mugabe of election malpractice but I guess that case was swept under the carpet for obvious reasons. You can't compare the British system to the makeshift one they have in Zimbabwe.

1 Like

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by micklplus(m): 6:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
Whether the role of Queen of england is ceremonial or not, she can rule forever abi? Can a monarch rule and influence policies in africa? The white popos go carry am go hague go hang and sanction such country!!!!

And in mugabe,s case, he hasn't done anything wrong ooo, his people voted him in and until they can give evidences that, mugabe violated the provision as per election matter in their constitution, until they show us that, he rigged himself in, they should shut up their leaking mouth and stay out of Africa!!!!

4 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 28, 2013
micklplus:

Has mugabe 'stay in office gone against the provision of their constitution?

Again, in Libya, who instigated the change they clamoured for? What was the condition of average libyans before the west put dem mouth for libya matter? Since the aiding and complete removal of ghadaffi, has things improved in libya?

At a point, Ghadaffi agreed to compromise ooo, he was ready to do his people's wish, did the almighty west agree?

Make dem nor teach us nonsense joor!

Like I mentioned before, my concern here is not what the West want but what is ideal for Africans. Blaming the West for what happened in Libya is grossly incorrect. I can't blame someone else for the choices I made.

The bottom line is that Libyans decided that it was time for Gaddafi to go...Gadaffi refused and started killing his own people. The West did not advice him to do that, nor did they force the people to rise up against him.

In the same vein what the west want in the case with Mugabe is largely immaterial here. Mugabe has used every trick in the books to keep himself in power and its high time the dude left.

1 Like

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
micklplus: Whether the role of Queen of england is ceremonial or not, she can rule forever abi? Can a monarch rule and influence policies in africa? The white popos go carry am go hague go hang and sanction such country!!!!

And in mugabe,s case, he hasn't done anything wrong ooo, his people voted him in and until they can give evidences that, mugabe violated the provision as per election matter in their constitution, until they show us that, he rigged himself in, they should shut up their leaking mouth and stay out of Africa!!!!

Mugabe hasn't done anything wrong?? I believe you guys are allowing your hatred for the west cloud your assessment of the 'youngman'.
Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by micklplus(m): 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
The time for Mugabe to go would be decided solely by the people of Zimbabwe!

1 Like

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by micklplus(m): 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
striktlymi:

Mugabe hasn't done anything wrong?? I believe you guys are allowing your hatred for the west cloud your assessment of the 'youngman'.

My eyes are opened and sense of reasoning is not beclouded bro and above all, I aint hating the west. The koko is we can sort ourselves.

We thank "Them" greatly.

2 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
micklplus: The time for Mugabe to go would be decided solely by the people of Zimbabwe!

How can the people decide when Mugabe controls the electoral process and every arm of government? Recall that prior to the 'Arab spring' everyone thought all was well and dandy with Gadaffi and his people...all thought that his people loved him.

But with the examples from their Arab neighbours came with it the truth and real state of the Libyan nation. The fact that Zimbabweans seem docile does not mean that they want Mugabe. If they are okay with Mugabe why would they call for the modification of their constitution?

1 Like

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2013
micklplus:

My eyes are opened and sense of reasoning is not beclouded bro and above all, I aint hating the west. The koko is we can sort ourselves.

We thank "Them" greatly.

Then focus on the ish without reference to the West.
Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by hercules07: 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2013
striktlymi:

How can the people decide when Mugabe controls the electoral process and every arm of government? Recall that prior to the 'Arab spring' everyone thought all was well and dandy with Gadaffi and his people...all thought that his people loved him.

But with the examples from their Arab neighbours came with it the truth and real state of the Libyan nation. The fact that Zimbabweans seem docile does not mean that they want Mugabe. If they are okay with Mugabe why would they call for yhr modification of their constitution?

I am sure Libyans yearn for Gaddafi days now, what you guys do not understand is that the land issue is what gives Mugabe legitimacy, the opposition is being tele-guided from the west and the people believe they are not in their interest. I quoted the British system, what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, the Zimbabweans have always chosen him, once Mugabe leaves, you guys will be surprised that those who will take after him are even more hardcore, let us ask ourselves sincerely, can people take away our lands and we remain passive?

1 Like

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
hercules07:

I am sure Libyans yearn for Gaddafi days now, what you guys do not understand is that the land issue is what gives Mugabe legitimacy, the opposition is being tele-guided from the west and the people believe they are not in their interest. I quoted the British system, what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, the Zimbabweans have always chosen him, once Mugabe leaves, you guys will be surprised that those who will take after him are even more hardcore, let us ask ourselves sincerely, can people take away our lands and we remain passive?

I quite agree with you to a large extent but still I do not agree with the way Mugabe handled the land ish; and the fact that there is the fear of the unknown is no reason for Mugabe perpetuate himself in office.
Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Horus(m): 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnREo7CdUzo

[size=15pt]Why They Hate Robert Mugabe[/size]

1 Like

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Rossikk(m): 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
striktlymi: Funny article...

Mugabe has been in power for about 33 years...what exactly does this say about Zimbabweans??

It says they LOVE him.

The man has EMPOWERED Zimbabweans with his land reform programme. Now they are no longer slaves on their own ancestral land.

2 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by hercules07: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2013
Rossikk:

It says they LOVE him.

The man has EMPOWERED Zimbabweans with his land reform programme. Now they are no longer slaves on their own ancestral land.

The Rossik I like, Mugabe helped stabilize South Africa, if he had kicked off his land reform just after apartheid ended, SA would have gone up in flames, he was persuaded to shelve it. We need to ask why the British did not adhere to the Lancashire house agreement.
Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2013
Rossikk:

It says they LOVE him.

The land thingy is just like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Who did he forcefully take the lands from: Zimbabweans; who did he give these 'stolen' lands to: Zimbabweans...am I missing something here? Or are we saying that blacks have more rights than whites when both are citizens of the same Country?
Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by BlackRevolution(m): 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
This is what happens when you listen to much of Bbc, Cnn and other western controlled media!! They chop off your brain and you become a slave to their reports!!! Its so absurd for some fellow to comment that America played no role in the Libyan usurp, where have you been? America drones got to libya 2 months before the uprising!!!

A man got 80% of his country's votes, and some still be like that aint democratic, they have me wondering what's democracy then!!! He has been in power too long they say, to what business that is to you when the masses has made their choice!!! Gosh! we have many negroeuropean in this part of the world!!!
Mugabe not only turned the country's economy all around through the policy of nationalization but he also gave the people their duly rights, their lands for christ sake!!! And some chooses to ignore this awesome achievement, to my greatest surprise some are even against this achievement, did any white folks come to Zimbabwe with his/her land in Europe?

4 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Horus(m): 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
striktlymi:

The land thingy is just like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Who did he forcefully take the lands from: Zimbabweans; who did he give these 'stolen' lands to: Zimbabweans...am I missing something here? Or are we saying that blacks have more rights than whites when both are citizens of the same Country?

When the whites came to Zimbabwe from Europe, did they came with lands in their pockets or did they came without land?

2 Likes

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2013
Horus:

When the whites came to Zimbabwe from Europe, did they came with lands in their pockets or did they came without land?

No man came to this world with Land in their pockets...if indeed we had pockets when we were born.
Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Horus(m): 7:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
striktlymi:

No man came to this world with Land in their pockets...if indeed we had pockets when we were born.

Why are you avoiding to answer the question?
Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
Horus:

Why are you avoiding to answer the question?

Not trying to avoid your question but show how inappropriate it is. The thing here is that those who are being forced to give up their lands are Zimbabweans.

Yes, I agree that the colonial masters made a wondrous mess of things before they left but this does not give Mugabe the right to do wrong in a bid to correct a previous wrongdoing.

My stance on this land ish is that the 'willing seller-willing buyer' policy would have been allowed to stand considering the fact that both parties to the deal are citizens.
Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by Rossikk(m): 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
striktlymi:

Some whites still own land in Zimbabwe. What Mugabe did was redistribution, not complete repossession. The aim? To ensure that the Zimbabwean majority owned the land, and not the 5% white population who owned 85% of the land prior to the reform program - a program for which he is despised by the west.

1 Like

Re: If Theres A Mugabe In Every African Country, You Can Be Sure Of Growth For All!! by micklplus(m): 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
In Mugabe's voice " it is our Land and I've done land redistribution, my people are happy" hoobi to poke nosers!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria 1970: Yakubu Gowon Shows Frustration That Emeka Ojukwu Wasn't Captured. / My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! / Impeachable Offenses Of The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.