Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls (5441 Views)

This Is What Happens Sometimes When You Stop A Girl And Ask For Her Number / See What She Gave Me As My Xmas Hamper. / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 2:23am On Sep 29, 2013
Reuben.Abati:

You look gay by the way~

Another person creates an anonymous handle to challenge Sagamite. grin

Fear must catch you na. grin

Uyi Iredia: ^^^Yeah, funny name. I won't forget even in the grave.

@ Sagamite: undecided Sey na u come get culture and co-te-si.

You heard different? cheesy
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 29, 2013
Sagamite:

They are not known for courtesy and being cultured, and you are stating those in your post, which is rare.

See my signature.

The inferiority complex is mind blowing.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Exponental(m): 5:31am On Sep 29, 2013
SniperInADiaper:
She has a hard time saying no.
She didn't want you to feel bad.
She was just being friendly.
She found a better candidate at the event.
+ she consoled u.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Isaiah90(m): 9:01am On Sep 29, 2013
ThoniaSlim: I think this is a misconception a lot of guys get. Just because a lady gives you her number, smiles at you, chats with you or acts friendly does not mean she's into you!
then how do i know if she is into me at first sight
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Swaggot00(m): 9:49am On Sep 29, 2013
Bro nxt tym dnt ask 4 her num, rather tel her shes kul,give her ur num and tel her 2 kal u..
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2013
NL member:

The inferiority complex is mind blowing.

Do they have inferiority complex too?**
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Idowuogbo(f): 11:42am On Sep 29, 2013
D babe stu-pid gan o! Y she no drop fake number? She drop orijo number come dey ignore phone call? Foooooolish gal! Poster, paste her number here ojere! Make I use her clean Sunday. Stupendous intete! angry
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2013
Idowuogbo: D babe stu-pid gan o! Y she no drop fake number? She drop orijo number come dey ignore phone call? Foooooolish gal! Poster, paste her number here ojere! Make I use her clean Sunday. Stupendous intete! angry

That is so last decade. grin

Nowadays they give bobos number and not pick up. It was years ago fake number was raining and if you get orijo number that means you basically have to call to book the date. cheesy

The 'orijo number and no pick up' is just a new way to piss on bobos' hussle because they can. It is a "Fck you! I will do it because I can". grin
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
kagari: You guys arint gerrit
the Op said she gave him her numba, he called and she isnt pickin

ok fastword---- how did she know it was th OP's numba

do u guys gerrit now?

Hian! Sharp guyz wld cal d number dere and den tu confirm if itz actually ha num. She could save his name or at one glance knw wat d numbers look like wit out memorising all.am very good at dt I don't av tu store ur num tu knw who u are wen ur callin as long as av seen d num b4.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
runzlord:
She know she gave her number to a stranger, then she sees a strange numb calling. Common sense should tell u who is calling

Exactly
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
thareta:

Hian! Sharp guyz wld cal d number dere and den tu confirm if itz actually ha num. She could save his name or at one glance knw wat d numbers look like wit out memorising all.am very good at dt I don't av tu store ur num tu knw who u are wen ur callin as long as av seen d num b4.

How demeaning!

Nah, thanks. I would rather call later and not have it picked up than to be trying to coerce or trap a girl to give me her number. undecided

I am very capable of "waka passing" and "moving to the next". I am very long-term view oriented and know my advantages.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sagamite:

You will find your answer somewhere here:

https://www.nairaland.com/962850/ladies-which-these-dating-evils

By the way, from the sound of it, I am assuming you are young so I would give you an older guy's advice: Don't listen to all the crap these girls are telling you on the thread about the girl doing you a favour or trying to help you. She just did not have the manners and guts to tell you she was not interested. She took a cowardly way out and gave you the number then did not pick up. She could have said 'no' so you know where you stand and waka pass.

But that is okay, if you learn quick, as a bloke, you will always laugh last. grin Then give 'paskor' when girls like her complain later when you too claim you are 'being nice' by being inconsiderate. grin

Plsss dere are a few of ur fellow guyz who can't take no and no 4 an ansa.noticed I said a FEW o. u may not want tu believe it buh a few of dem act lik dt.as soon as ur walkin tu fast or doin sumfin else dey start askin u not tu embArss dem.av met sumone who griped mi by d arm and asked mi not tu embarass him datz probably one in a million cases buh oh well it apened. N yes sum oda guyz won't gt tu dt extent buh sum wil continue tu pester til u give up.and mi I can't start formin numba 4 u. My point is wen a gurl says. No and No pls let ha be.givin ha num does nt mean shez interested.so y waste ur tym? Wen probably d next gurl u meetz prettier interested n will readily give ha num. @op, abeg move on
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
thareta:
Plsss dere are a few of ur fellow guyz who can't take no and no 4 an ansa.noticed I said a FEW o. u may not want tu believe it buh a few of dem act lik dt.as soon as ur walkin tu fast or doin sumfin else dey start askin u not tu embArss dem.av met sumone who griped mi by d arm and asked mi not tu embarass him datz probably one in a million cases buh oh well it apened. N yes sum oda guyz won't gt tu dt extent buh sum wil continue tu pester til u give up.and mi I can't start formin numba 4 u. My point is wen a gurl says. No and No pls let ha be.givin ha num does nt mean shez interested.so y waste ur tym? Wen probably d next gurl u meetz prettier interested n will readily give ha num. @op, abeg move on

I know and I believe it but the sensible thing to do is to say "No" firmly and unambigiously at least twice and if it does not work, then do give him the number and not pick up. Someone that is eager to be disrespected (through his persistence) and has not learnt waka passing deserves to be disrespected. It does not make sense to disrespect all men because of a few then complain when they do the same.

There are many girls that would smile with a guy, chat with him and get friendly before giving their number and then not pick up at first call or say "I am busy, can I call you back" the first time he calls and then never call back or pick up again. It happens frequently and if the guy does not have a chink armour or experience then it affects them like the OP.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sagamite:

How demeaning!

Nah, thanks. I would rather call later and not have it picked up than to be trying to coerce or trap a girl to give me her number. undecided

I am very capable of "waka passing" and "moving to the next". I am very long-term view oriented and know my advantages.

Actually ur way is beter coz shez giving totaly out of her freewill n on d plus side, shez actually interested. Howeva most guys dt try calling immediateli du so tu ensure dey got d num right.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by jaybee3(m): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
Have you been ringing her non stop?

You can always move on to the next ya know
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sagamite:

I know and I believe it but the sensible thing to do is to say "No" firmly and unambigiously at least twice and if it does not work, then do give him the number and not pick up. Someone that is eager to be disrespected (through his persistence) and has not learnt waka passing deserves to be disrespected. It does not make sense to disrespect all men because of a few then complain when they do the same.

There are many girls that would smile with a guy, chat with him and get friendly before giving their number and then not pick up at first call or say "I am busy, can I call you back" the first time he calls and then never call back or pick up again. It happens frequently and if the guy does not have a chink armour or experience then it affects them like the OP.

Smiling ,being friendly and all dt b4 u give ur num and then you later don't pick is highly pretentious and datz a scary attribute. D guy shld b glad sef not tu knw such a gal
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2013
thareta:

Actually ur way is beter coz shez giving totaly out of her freewill n on d plus side, shez actually interested. Howeva most guys dt try calling immediateli du so tu ensure dey got d num right.

Omo, you have to type in proper English o.

I struggle to read textspeak. It is not something I am used to and takes me quadruple the time to read it than the time it takes me to read normal English. My brain just shuts down and I skip the rest. I could only read this (very very slowly) because it was one sentence. When it is longer, I tend to ignore.

I don't call immediately. If I am worried about if you are giving me the right number, I would put my phone in front of you to look at the number I pressed in if it was right. Calling immediately to verify is pathetic. I have only done that when the girl asked me to, which suggests she is interested.

https://www.nairaland.com/367394/angry-black-woman-fact-myth/2#5198241

If you are the type of girl that tells me "Oh sorry, I don't know my number off head" and start checking your phonebook list for a number to give me. I would laugh and say with a querying smile "I am surprised anyone does not know their number. Are you sure you are not giving me a fake number or a secondary phone number?", she replies "Oh no, I just got the number so I am yet to memorise it". No need to be arguing, no be court, I will say "Okay, go ahead, what is the number? If I call it twice and it is always off or no one picks up, I would just delete it".
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2013
thareta:
Smiling ,being friendly and all dt b4 u give ur num and then you later don't pick is highly pretentious and datz a scary attribute. D guy shld b glad sef not tu knw such a gal

It is rude, lacks courtesy and consideration. Many girls do that. They are more focused on the ego boost than being considerate to others.

Unfortunately for the guy, he has already invested so there is not much to be glad about. Investment is down the toilet. grin
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sagamite:

I struggle to read textspeak. It is not something I am used to and takes me quadruple the time to read it than the time it takes me to read normal English. My brain just shuts down and I skip the rest. I could only read this (very very slowly) because it was one sentence. When it is longer, I tend to ignore.

I don't call immediately. If I am worried about if you are giving me the right number, I would put my phone in front of you to look at the number I pressed in if it was right. Calling immediately to verify is pathetic. I have only done that when the girl asked me to, which suggests she is interested.

If you are the type of girl that tells me "Oh sorry, I don't know my number off head" and start checking your phonebook list for a number to give me. I would laugh and say with a querying smile "I am surprised anyone does not know their number. Are you sure you are not giving me a fake number or a secondary phone number?", she replies "Oh no, I just got the number so I am yet to memorise it". No need to be arguing, no be court, I will say "Okay, go ahead, what is the number? If I call it twice and it is always off or no one picks up, I would just delete it".

Heehee I feel your style well. Long story short, ladies learn tu say NO firmly and don't form cunny by playing all nice giving your number with a smile and later you end up not picking . Guys, learn to leave a girl once you can boldly see she's not interested. *the end*
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sagamite:

Heehee I feel your style well. Long story short, ladies learn to say NO firmly and don't form cunny by playing all nice giving your number with a smile and later you end up not picking . Guys, learn to leave a girl once you can boldly see she's not interested. *the end*
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
thareta:

Heehee I feel your style well. Long story short, ladies learn to say NO firmly and don't form cunny by playing all nice giving your number with a smile and later you end up not picking . Guys, learn to leave a girl once you can boldly see she's not interested. *the end*

Well summarised.

That is a far more respectable social interaction system.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sagamite:

Well summarised.

That is a far more respectable social interaction system.

When you say ''respected'' I feel like your stylishly trying to insult me. You can read better and communicate better when I type in full english so I did just that to flow better with you. I could go both ways with anyone as long as am being understood and most importantly,in an informal situation.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
thareta:

When you say ''respected'' I feel like your stylishly trying to insult me. You can read better and communicate better when I type in full english so I did just that to flow better with you. I could go both ways with anyone as long as am being understood and most importantly,in an informal situation.

That sentence was not referring to your writing, it was referring to the wooing/mating interaction between guys and gals which you summarised. grin
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
Really embarassedam sorry grin
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
thareta: Really embarassedam sorry grin

No need to apologise, darling. Its all good!

You come across as one of the rare classy Nigerian girls I like to see more of as the main representative of the young females of the country.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
kiss kiss thanks dear
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Jbluv55(m): 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
WOW! Advice don full ground o........So OP wat do you hav to say nau........

Leysco: Thank you guys. hav deleted it

*claps claps claps* Good!!! You just learnt to stop torturing your ursef bro.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Jbluv55(m): 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
wink
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by ShyDare(m): 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
Gurlz behave in a mysterious manner, d gurl infact might even lyk d Op buh just formin. It happened 2me b4. I suggest u stop callin nw, call ha afta few mths. She may b scared of a relatnshp 4nw. I knw it's difficult afta toastin a vry vry gorgeous lady & she's nt pickin ur 'follow up' calls. Free ha nw, call ha lyk 2 - 3 mnths 4rm nw. Dnt give up, toastin a lady or buildin a frnshp wit a lady requires lots of patience.
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by Sagamite(m): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
Shy Dare: Gurlz behave in a mysterious manner, d gurl infact might even lyk d Op buh just formin. It happened 2me b4. I suggest u stop callin nw, call ha afta few mths. She may b scared of a relatnshp 4nw. I knw it's difficult afta toastin a vry vry gorgeous lady & she's nt pickin ur 'follow up' calls. Free ha nw, call ha lyk 2 - 3 mnths 4rm nw. Dnt give up, toastin a lady or buildin a frnshp wit a lady requires lots of patience.

Huh? undecided

OP, don't listen to this yamayama bobo. angry

If a girl is not into you, move on. NEVER CHASE A GIRL!

These are the kinds of guys that end up with some useless girl that does not love them and just likes their attention:

https://www.nairaland.com/1017330/im-not-sure-need-boyfriend/4#11827900

Patience my arsse.

Only waste your time with chics that like you. Never drag yourself on the floor:

https://www.nairaland.com/403381/why-nigerian-man-prefer-women/13#6883674
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2013
Lol. Some guys just can't take no for an answer most especially if the guy in question is a cousin's friend or a friend to a friend. So he probably feels like that's enough reason so what do you do in this case? Simply give him your number and put him on the "Don't pick up" list. Once the call comes under this contact name, you know its a call you shouldn't bother picking. Now after a few rings and no answer/ring back from the lady, a smart guy would take that as a sign of lack of interest on the lady's part. But unfortunately we do not have a lot of them around, do we? Hmmm. :-)
Re: She Gave Me Her Number And She Is Not Picking My Calls by 2goodbobo(m): 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
She know she gave her number to a stranger, then she sees a strange numb calling. Common sense should tell u who is calling

So where is the common sense in your post? Are you saying you don't receive or get calls from strange numbers at times? Are you saying is only those on your contacts that calls you every time? How do you reconcile a situation whereby your Family member uses a strange number to call you maybe due to the fact that his/her own phone is down?

The question here should be when he collect her number, did she store his number on her phone immediately for her to know he's the one calling?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Wishes Comes True, What Would Be Yours / Shocking!!! There Is A Football Tournament For PUSSY In Isreal (picture) / I Used To Think Caribbean Women Were More Beautiful Than Black American Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.