Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,153 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking (38978 Views)

MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense / Nigeria M&a: First City Monument, Finbank Merge / What Do You Know About Fcmb (first City Monument Bank) (2) (3) (4)

I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by okekechigozie(m): 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
Its bad how A highly rated bank like FCMB will forcefully impose an electronic product on customers and use same means to debit the customer's money without his authority and consent, yet they have no clear explanation on the where about of my money.

I personally recommended many of my business associates to open accounts in FCMB but they are gradually loosing all of us due to this fraud in the name of mobile banking.

I opened my account 0435630019 with the zaria branch of this bank in 2008. After using the account for Four years, they sent me a message to welcome me to their FCMB Mobile. I never subscribed to the product.

I told my account officer, one mr. Adekoya that i did not ask for the mobile banking and i don't want it. He agreed to delete it.
But the next week, this same product was used to debit my account of 4,001,700 between 4th to 7th of October the same period.

I ran to the bank the next working day which is Monday and reported to the customer service lady and also to the manager. They claim to be investigating but the investigation has neither ended nor returned my money to my account.

The loss has greatly affect ed my business and family. i have tried various appeals to this bank to refund my money but all i have is stories one year running.

I believe this bank should have integrity and the safety of our money should be their responsibility.
Despite their claim to uphold absolute integrity and honour promises, they are yet to fulfill this.

I am sure am not the only victim of this.

Many have been short changed and if care is not taken it will be happening to more people.

I never requested for the Mobile banking. i also found out that one needs a pin number and other details to use it.
I never used any of these but they debited me.
Its only the bank that has access to my account and owe the explanation.

Okeke CM

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by fr3do(m): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2013
Something like that happened to me,I transferred N1000 from my account to my mobile money.
My account was debited but my mobile money wasnt credited.
I copied the transaction referrence number and time of the transaction.I waited,after about two hours I called customer care laid my complaint,provided all the necessary details.my money was refunded after about 6 hours,they even called me to confirm if I had seen the alert.I spent N150 sha.

My point is that,as you saw those notifications you should have called customer care immediately to freeze your account.

Take heart sir.

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by yomalex(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
so what is the present status of this complaint?
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by fr3do(m): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
Btw
all mobile banking applications unlike mobile money operate with your atm card.
Who ever scammed you knew your 16 digit card number,your cwc number and your pin.

Did you use the atm card linked to the account online?
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by krugar07(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
how is this possible. report to the bank manager.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by carzola(m): 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mr man, wheather u lost 4naira or 4milion, nairaland is not a court or a costomer complain center for your bank.. Is people like you that spoil this country and give us a bad reputation outside.... Or is this ur way of berggin for cheap sympertizers?

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
GTB 4 life!
Even though they get thier own 4 head!

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by okekechigozie(m): 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
I reported immediately
my immediate response stopped further debit.
But they have not returned the 4,001,700 they took.
If i didnt act fast they would have finished me.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by everyday: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
you lost 4 million through mobile money?I just don't believe it
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by DJDOLA(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
I kukuma no get money for bank all d money wey I get na inside kolo I dey save them..at least I go don save up to 6hundred and 7eventy naira now it remain 3herty naira 2 complete 7hundred naira YIPEEEEEE

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by kulichana: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sue them
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by sunnydayasaba(m): 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
carzola: Mr man, wheather u lost 4naira or 4milion, nairaland is not a court or a costomer complain center for your bank.. Is people like you that spoil this country and give us a bad reputation outside.... Or is this ur way of berggin for cheap sympertizers?

Am so disappointed that u cud type such a thing, can u then tell us why NL is created if not to share information abt the happenings arnd us, @ Op, am happy u cud share such info here, i use Fcmb and i have mobile money wit them even Dstv standing order, am going to their Bank first thing tomorrow morning to have all those services short down immediately...including my atm services, Hv been a victim of Atm fraud in the past, i knw what i went through, i wont want to experience such ever again...Tnks for sharing this info...God will fight for u, Keep putting pressure on them and i advice u write to Efcc and get a lawyer to write to their headquarters and visit their headquarters. That way, am sure the Bank will take u serious. Contact the EFCC for advice.

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Babalegba(m): 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
carzola: Mr man, wheather u lost 4naira or 4milion, nairaland is not a court or a costomer complain center for your bank.. Is people like you that spoil this country and give us a bad reputation outside.... Or is this ur way of berggin for cheap sympertizers?
your English composition skills and reasoning ability are the same: negligible.

66 Likes

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by francis247(m): 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hello... Did he post it on your head? Why not ignore if you have nothing to contribute? Or do you scam for a living? Just asking.

30 Likes

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Abbey2sam(m): 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
This op is a liar of the second order.............

You no even lost 4 naira..........

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by BabaAlabi: 6:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sympertizers ko Appetizers ni.....You are literally too stupid to insult.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by born2boink(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2013
Personally, hopefully its true or else.......mmmmm but can someone investigate? What stopping from locating their head quarter to complaint.....
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Dospix(m): 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
Please, this thread should be moved to the front page to avoid other people from falling pray to this scam. I strongly believe that their are a lot of persons that would help if this thread is given its due attention. But till then, pele* sir.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
op did pay you the tithe of that money b4 depositing it in the bank??

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Kolade9(m): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
Someone knows his account number and pin....the person registered for the mobilemoney and withdrew the 4million

Your money is gone bro grin

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Panshow(m): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2013

Oga, u don eat today?,
why are you hating?

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2013

Abbey2sam: This op is a liar of the second order.............

You no even lost 4 naira..........

Poor reasoning, poor mentality

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by krugar07(m): 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
petaling:

Poor reasoning, poor mentality
no. leave them. they dont have up to 40k in their account thats why they cant believe some one was duped. what will the op gain spreading this about the bank if its not true. you can never tell, this can even get to the papers.

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by kross01(m): 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
I might be wrong and I'm not calling you a liar but i know there is a maximum amount of money one can transact on using mobile money which i believe is 300k for Mobile money and 1million for internet banking.so how was a 4million theft possible through mobile banking? On the other hand if itwas possible just know one of the bank staff stole your cash period.

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
Kolade9: Someone knows his account number and pin....the person registered for the mobilemoney and withdrew the 4million

Your money is gone bro grin

I don't know how this mobile money poo works, but isn't there some kind of money trail? I reckon it should be easy to determine which account(s) the money was transferred into - and begin the investigation from there.

Then again, if the mobile money platform is so weak that all a random thief needs is to know your account number. . . .and use that basic information to set up a mobile money registration, and thereafter transfer money from your account, then that is entirely the bank's fault. In saner climes, the bank would be required to immediately re-imburse the customer and shut down the mobile money service.

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by civilserva: 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
kross_01: I might be wrong and I'm not calling you a liar but i know there is a maximum amount of money one can transact on using mobile money which i believe is 300k for Mobile money and 1million for internet banking.so how was a 4million theft possible through mobile banking? On the other hand if itwas possible just know one of the bank staff stole your cash period.

So you have not heard when ATM thieves withdrew 900k from someone once even as daily withdrawal limit is 100k

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by EnterPRO: 10:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
kross_01: I might be wrong and I'm not calling you a liar but i know there is a maximum amount of money one can transact on using mobile money which i believe is 300k for Mobile money and 1million for internet banking.so how was a 4million theft possible through mobile banking? On the other hand if it was possible just know one of the bank staff stole your cash period.

the dates he mentioned are even confusing.

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by frebor(m): 11:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
okekechigozie: Its bad how A highly rated bank like FCMB will forcefully impose an electronic product on customers and use same means to debit the customer's money without his authority and consent, yet they have no clear explanation on the where about of my money.

I personally recommended many of my business associates to open accounts in FCMB but they are gradually loosing all of us due to this fraud in the name of mobile banking.

I opened my account 0435630019 with the zaria branch of this bank in 2008. After using the account for Four years, they sent me a message to welcome me to their FCMB Mobile. I never subscribed to the product.

I told my account officer, one mr. Adekoya that i did not ask for the mobile banking and i don't want it. He agreed to delete it.
But the next week, this same product was used to debit my account of 4,001,700 between 4th to 7th of October the same period.

I ran to the bank the next working day which is Monday and reported to the customer service lady and also to the manager. They claim to be investigating but the investigation has neither ended nor returned my money to my account.

The loss has greatly affect ed my business and family. i have tried various appeals to this bank to refund my money but all i have is stories one year running.

I believe this bank should have integrity and the safety of our money should be their responsibility.
Despite their claim to uphold absolute integrity and honour promises, they are yet to fulfill this.

Many have been short changed and if care is not taken it will be happening to more people.

I never requested for the Mobile banking. i also found out that one needs a pin number and other details to use it.

Okeke CM

i find it hard to believe this story... the Op has been made a typical mugu if its really true. Who comes online to share his account number and his account opening date? i bet if i ask him for his ATM card number sef, he go post am.

its just funny how people take their sensitive and confidential info and spread it all over the web

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by nipeks001(m): 11:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hmm,this might be a plan by competitors to bring fcmb down cos op just registered today,only has 3 posts and is narration is not even well detailed;like the branch where this occurred and except you are dangote's son,I don't think you will just back down like that loosing 4mil without a fight.
I think this is just some fabricated lie to debase fcmb..........my 2cents

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by puskin: 11:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
okekechigozie: Its bad how A highly rated bank like FCMB will forcefully impose an electronic product on customers and use same means to debit the customer's money without his authority and consent, yet they have no clear explanation on the where about of my money.

Okeke CM

I want to assume that this transaction happened last year as we are yet to enter the month of October in 2013.
Hmmmmm, and you want me to believe that you waited all this while before telling this story.........abi 4million nah beans to you. undecided undecided

Anyways, the fact that this story evokes compassion, I find it very very very HARD to believe.

There is no mobile app owned by any bank that will allow you to transfer that said amount within that time duration.
Reason: Anything, money transfer has a limit. A mobile app's maximum transfer is not more than 500k per day, while that of Internet banking is usually not more than 5million per day.

So going with the duration of when it happened, you would need a total of about 8days to withdraw those funds from your account using mobile banking, meaning 8 transactions, 8withdrawals, 8alerts..........so you saw alerts entering your phone and you didn't do anything. Oooooh, I forgot, you don't receive alerts.

FYI:
4th October, 2012 is a Thursday.......meaning, you could go report to the bank on Friday after the first alert, you would lose only 500k.
4th October, 2011 is a Tuesday........meaning, you could go report to the bank on Wednesday after the first alert, you would lose only 500k
4th October, 2010 is a Monday.........meaning, you could go report to the bank on Tuesday after the first alert, you would lose only 500k
4th October, 2009 is a Sunday..........meaning, you could go report to the bank on Monday after the first alert, you would lose only 500k
4th October, 2008 is a Saturday........meaning, you could go report to the bank on Monday after the second alert, you would lose only 1million.

So, after all these, should I still believe you?? undecided undecided

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by krugar07(m): 12:10am On Sep 30, 2013
this post has been hidden
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by jreyez(m): 12:57am On Sep 30, 2013
Bragging rights angry

Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. / Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss / Akin Alabi: My Mum's Driver Thought I Was A Yahoo Boy - Nairabet CEO

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58