Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking (39040 Views)

MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense / Nigeria M&a: First City Monument, Finbank Merge / What Do You Know About Fcmb (first City Monument Bank) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 30, 2013
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:30am On Sep 30, 2013
I wonder why people find this post hard to believe, I have been a victim of ATM fraud some yrs back, though i lost 240k, but the truth remains that it cud happen to the op....when i lost my own money, though a limit of 100k was set and a maximum of 20k cash at once was allowed on d machine, the criminals r so experienced that they first withdrew the cash before bank opened for business and they went ahead to do a POS purchase with my card to clear up the remaining cash. I was surprise that immediately bank open that same day, the bank couldn't even tell me the store the card was used, even the atm machine used, they couldn't even retrieve the CCTV from the Bank that owns the machine where the cash was withdrew. The truth is, Nigerian bankers can also compromise once acct info to criminal, because i went to the bank involved head office and i was shocked when i was showed the pile of fraud reports been investigated, i realised that my own case was even little. All this shit happens because the CBN policies didn't protect the masses against such frauds on them. Banks this days cant be trusted. My cash went that way, but i moved on and learn alot. Never trust any acct officer, they can get ur details and compromise them to criminals if they know u are a calm person.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by okekechigozie(m): 7:08am On Sep 30, 2013
I reported on Monday, and the bank is just telling me stories.
we even dragged it to their managers still yet to get the money.

puskin:

I want to assume that this transaction happened last year as we are yet to enter the month of October in 2013.
Hmmmmm, and you want me to believe that you waited all this while before telling this story.........abi 4million nah beans to you. undecided undecided

Anyways, the fact that this story evokes compassion, I find it very very very HARD to believe.

There is no mobile app owned by any bank that will allow you to transfer that said amount within that time duration.
Reason: Anything, money transfer has a limit. A mobile app's maximum transfer is not more than 500k per day, while that of Internet banking is usually not more than 5million per day.

So going with the duration of when it happened, you would need a total of about 8days to withdraw those funds from your account using mobile banking, meaning 8 transactions, 8withdrawals, 8alerts..........so you saw alerts entering your phone and you didn't do anything. Oooooh, I forgot, you don't receive alerts.

FYI:
4th October, 2012 is a Thursday.......meaning, you could go report to the bank on Friday after the first alert, you would lose only 500k.
4th October, 2011 is a Tuesday........meaning, you could go report to the bank on Wednesday after the first alert, you would lose only 500k
4th October, 2010 is a Monday.........meaning, you could go report to the bank on Tuesday after the first alert, you would lose only 500k
4th October, 2009 is a Sunday..........meaning, you could go report to the bank on Monday after the first alert, you would lose only 500k
4th October, 2008 is a Saturday........meaning, you could go report to the bank on Monday after the second alert, you would lose only 1million.

So, after all these, should I still believe you?? undecided undecided
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by georgesylva(m): 7:37am On Sep 30, 2013
carzola: Mr man, wheather u lost 4naira or 4milion, nairaland is not a court or a costomer complain center for your bank.. Is people like you that spoil this country and give us a bad reputation outside.... Or is this ur way of berggin for cheap sympertizers?
U b heediot.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by born2boink(m): 7:40am On Sep 30, 2013
okekechigozie: I reported on Monday, and the bank is just telling me stories.
we even dragged it to their managers still yet to get the money.

fight from the top level. They will be panicking, write a letter and drop it to their oga patapata head quarter office and also try to contact people at the head quarter. I'm talking from experience. Try that first

1 Like

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by kross01(m): 8:25am On Sep 30, 2013
My own is that the op if truly he lost the said amount doesn't show character of someone who needs his cash back. most bank fraud cases always involves a bank staff as an insider. what you should have done since would have been to take a trip to the police financial crimes unit and be surprised at the speed NPF treats financial crimes. then you can as well approach the court of law. Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 30, 2013
N4m and you are complaining here on nairaland. You too dull oo.

Their headquarters no go open for one week till they pay my money.

1 Like

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 30, 2013
kross_01: My own is that the op if truly he lost the said amount doesn't show character of someone who needs his cash back. most bank fraud cases always involves a bank staff as an insider. what you should have done since would have been to take a trip to the police financial crimes unit and be surprised at the speed NPF treats financial crimes. then you can as well approach the court of law. Good luck

Even EFCC will like this complaint. After one year and you think you will still get your money. Smh..
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2013
okekechigozie: I reported immediately
my immediate response stopped further debit.
But they have not returned the 4,001,700 they took.
If i didnt act fast they would have finished me.

hmmm, did you earn this money or you inherited it ?

There are some customers that the bank will prefer to settle them before they commence investigation. Dont you know you can stop your bank branch from doing business till you get your money ? Kai!

My advice: Enter the bank and start shouting that they are thieves. At the scene tell all their customers to withdraw from the bank that they are folding up... Go with your children and your friends...

6 Likes

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by krugar07(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2013
okpara ugo:

hmmm, did you earn this money or you inherited it ?

There are some customers that the bank will prefer to settle them before they commence investigation. Dont you know you can stop your bank branch from doing business till you get your money ? Kai!

My advice: Enter the bank and start shouting that they are thieves. At the scene tell all their customers to withdraw from the bank that they are folding up... Go with your children and your friends...
lol... and some agbero boys too.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by blisszy74: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2013
krugar07: lol... and some agbero boys too.
.....lol u ar vry funning.....as for me dat bank no go work dat day ohhh till dey give me my money....i no be gentle man like dat! i be Africa man original !

1 Like

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
As much as CBNs cashless policy is good one need to be wary of internet/mobile banking cos its prone to fraud.

I visited a bank for over the counter withdrawals some weeks ago and while on cue the cashier informed one of the 2 guys he was attending to that 'the money had been withdrawn from your account'. They were shocked, seems confused and to convince them the cashier had to turn the monitor around for them to see and believe.
Out of curiosity I had to asked the cashier what happened? He responded that 'those guys are yahoo boys and that the money they wanted to withdraw had been cashed by another person, i asked him how is that possible and he said the money must have been taken by another smarter yahoo dude. Talk of 'ole gbe ole gba'.

Or what about a situation where I received alerts on my phone whenever there is a transaction on another person account.

Or a situation where my younger brother (lagos) received a phone call from our elder brothers (ogun) mobile no and the caller said the owner of the phone was involved in a fatal accident at mowe and our attention is needed at the morgue. Likewise calls were made to some family members too and his friend (north). The pain,anguish,sadness and confusion caused are better imagined within hours while trying to unravel what happened but it turned out to be false alert when we eventually reach him. He thereafter told us he didnt not make or receive calls within those 'harrowing' hours nor switch off his phone but no one could reach him on phone so we had to instruct a brother in ondo state to drive to where he resides in ogun state to search and see him physically.
Its as if the telco operator blocked his line within those hours.

So, we can't rule out anything cos there are so many fraudsters out there working daily to beat the system.

CBN need to insist that banks put in place secured platforms for internet banking and be held responsible for negligence too when customers loose their deposits due to such irresponsibility.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Negro1: 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
carzola: Mr man, wheather u lost 4naira or 4milion, nairaland is not a court or a costomer complain center for your bank.. Is people like you that spoil this country and give us a bad reputation outside.... Or is this ur way of berggin for cheap sympertizers?
even ur english shows that u r a zebu.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by ooshinibos: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
Kolade9: Someone knows his account number and pin....the person registered for the mobilemoney and withdrew the 4million

i thot you can only withdraw 100k a day ..how 4 miilion was withdrawn is magical ....are you a Nigerian sir

Your money is gone bro grin
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2013

I am tempted to call you a goat!
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by tellwisdom: 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
So, what should i do with the peanut you lost?? sad
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nigeria is the jaga-jagaest country on the face of this planet.

Instead of trying to copy developed country and making a total mess of things, why don't we just stop the bullshyt and carry hoes, cutlasses and axes and revert back to the precolonial era?

Development isn't for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Born2beRich1(m): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
Op, take this advice..send an email to their customer care and express yourself there..make sure you give them an utimatum and if there is no positive action from their end, let them knw that you will involve the efcc and make sure you do..i bet you they will return your money b4 u blink..also take a legal action against them..trust me i have been there with these banks..if only we knw our rights this country for better
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Niiade(m): 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
You should have gone to court and ensure u re paid damages to the tune of 25Million.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Summersland(m): 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ur comment donsn't make sense,is it not possible to fraud him 4million ni...If they fraud u once,u'll believe that God exist
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by uboma(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2013

The op has as much posting rights as you. So pls stop complaining if you have nothing positive to contribute.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Youngzedd(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2013

Where is dislike button

2 Likes

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by atlwireles: 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
Pray to avoid the nightmare of Nigeria banks. The OP's story is a normal day in Nigeria banks. Where monies walk off accounts. Never leave millions in one account.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by sultanemerald(m): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2013

you can't spell so I wouldn't take you seriously. Its glaring you don't know how complex it is to make money. Much less lose N4mn in this present economic situation. You must not comment if you don't have an opinion.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Youngzedd(m): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
@OP

You aren't serious.

Haven't you heard of EFCC or go to court and request for the damages on top.

I assure you that if you had went to court with well to do lawyer, you will definitely smile at the end because the damages will sweet pass ..........

Be wise man, don't dull yourself. This is 9ja.

Take the legal action immediately.

The bank must pay for it.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Trut(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
4 million? That's a huge sum of money.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Youngzedd(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2013
Chai!

This is why Dog said that those that have bottom don't know how to sit.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Elvisten10(m): 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
hahaha
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Sagamite(m): 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
okekechigozie: Its bad how A highly rated bank like FCMB will forcefully impose an electronic product on customers and use same means to debit the customer's money without his authority and consent, yet they have no clear explanation on the where about of my money.

I personally recommended many of my business associates to open accounts in FCMB but they are gradually loosing all of us due to this fraud in the name of mobile banking.

I opened my account 0435630019 with the zaria branch of this bank in 2008. After using the account for Four years, they sent me a message to welcome me to their FCMB Mobile. I never subscribed to the product.

I told my account officer, one mr. Adekoya that i did not ask for the mobile banking and i don't want it. He agreed to delete it.
But the next week, this same product was used to debit my account of 4,001,700 between 4th to 7th of October the same period.

I ran to the bank the next working day which is Monday and reported to the customer service lady and also to the manager. They claim to be investigating but the investigation has neither ended nor returned my money to my account.

The loss has greatly affect ed my business and family. i have tried various appeals to this bank to refund my money but all i have is stories one year running.

I believe this bank should have integrity and the safety of our money should be their responsibility.
Despite their claim to uphold absolute integrity and honour promises, they are yet to fulfill this.

I am sure am not the only victim of this.

Many have been short changed and if care is not taken it will be happening to more people.

I never requested for the Mobile banking. i also found out that one needs a pin number and other details to use it.
I never used any of these but they debited me.
Its only the bank that has access to my account and owe the explanation.

Okeke CM

This is a case where you have to expend some money and sue them.

While you sue them, make sure there is a long list of journalists you regular update on the ongoings of the case.

When you do this and you kill or are potentially going to kill all their billions of Naira revenue from mobile banking, they would pay you your money asap.

But never accept the payment except they also pay all your legal costs, your costs of calling them and the interests all these monies would have generated up till the day of them hitting your bank account.

1 Like

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by benzion72(m): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
My friend this is unbelievable. But if it is the truth you must take some simple steps. Google FCMB customer care email and write an official letter to the mail, If you don't get a response. Enter the next flight to their head office in Lagos 4Million is a lot of money. Another way round get a lawyer to write a letter of demand stating the capital and added interest you want may be 25% interest. Honestly I won't take it for a day.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Soloter(m): 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
your type is not needed here. you wickedly choose not to even sympathize with this guy. is it a crime that he has educated other nairalanders about the nefarious activities of the bank in question?
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by guass(m): 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Selling Doughnut On The Streets Of Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Aba Mega Mall, Beautiful Ultra Modern Business Zone (photos) / Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.