Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,729 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking (38981 Views)

MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense / Nigeria M&a: First City Monument, Finbank Merge / What Do You Know About Fcmb (first City Monument Bank) (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by ceejayluv(m): 8:39am On Oct 02, 2013
Amadaz: if u sure say u loose 4million naira, u no go get mouth to talk am sef talk less of browsing online... na ppl weh happy dey browse
Well, to certain peeps, 4 million is negligible. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by enigmang: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2013
Jeezy:

The only way this can be done is via insider involvement. A fraudulent bank (IT) staff can remove the limits on your account back-end and wire your money out of the bank. I am aware that banks are deploying anti-fraud tools such as Intellinx or ScoreBrigde that help detect suspicious transactions. I do not know if FCMB has one. The fact that you said the mobile money was activated on your account without your knowledge suggests that the above is what happened. You have a very good case if you report the matter to CBN.

Nope... A fraudulent IT staff cannot remove the limit on any account... There are a lot I checks and balances..
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by ceejayluv(m): 8:50am On Oct 02, 2013
dammytosh: Dear Mr. Rich Ops,

What you posted here is enough prove for the bank on how careless you are with your confidential and personal account.
Instead of childishly exposing yourself on forums like this.
He didn't expose his PIN here so chill. What of people that post their account name and number for help in raising money for medical ailments. Is that childish as well?
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by carzola(m): 8:53am On Oct 02, 2013
The banker's are here, i hope the lawyer's make it too!.. Please why cant the o.p come out and defend himself...
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by eluquenson(m): 9:00am On Oct 02, 2013
carzola: The banker's are here, i hope the lawyer's make it too!.. Please why cant the o.p come out and defend himself...

Sincerely, I find this story hard to believe, mobile money can only be downloaded on your smart phone & the Bank can't register for you by proxy.
Whether it true or not, let the FCMB member of staff on NL should come here & shed more light on this story.
@OP pls, print your statement & scan the transactions here for us to believe its genuine.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by ume(m): 9:15am On Oct 02, 2013
you know the format abi
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by born2boink(m): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2013
If this is false, no destroy bank name oooO and if it is true then you shouldn't be ashame to defend yourself. ......the last time GTB bank ATM debited my #20,000 without dispensed, I fought with one of the customer care just because she said I was disturbing other customers when I was telling her to act and work fast, my money was refunded 2 weeks later. Almost everybody at the banks with customers was aware of the #20,000. though the money not even valuable for 4 days drinking but my eye dey chuck and fit drag anything range from #1000- millions anywhere.....the worst is the money did lost last 2 days, na beer and girl for option collect ham on top of Bleep 3 days ago.

@if 4 millions disappear from my account, walahii, I will carry mattress, blanket dey go bank,half bag of ijebu garri with one keg of water, na there I go dey live and sleep till dey pay my money

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by dammytosh: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2013
ceejayluv:
He didn't expose his PIN here so chill. What of people that post their account name and number for help in raising money for medical ailments. Is that childish as well?

Funny u. Au long does it take to generate a correct 4digit pin. ??

The people did nt mention d branch they opened d account nd they did nt tell u they ever had up to 4million. That is what makes him a target
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by warrior01: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2013
Boss13:

Your account details was compromised. Someone was shopping with your card. I don't know if the compromise was from your end or the bank. However, financial institution should take extra precaution to protect the database of their customers or stand the chance to face reputational risk.
Yeah, their data base was compromised and it affected many people and I believe there are insider's involvement. So many people lost and are still losing their hard earned money on what they knew nothing about and the bank is appearing helpless. To be on the safe side, I think the best bet is to stay away from any online transactions especially atms for now
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by dom(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2013
carzola: Mr man, wheather u lost 4naira or 4milion, nairaland is not a court or a costomer complain center for your bank.. Is people like you that spoil this country and give us a bad reputation outside.... Or is this ur way of berggin for cheap sympertizers?
i'm very certain you've never earned a penny in your life.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by cuteboy2: 10:11am On Oct 02, 2013
okekechigozie: Its bad how A highly rated bank like FCMB will forcefully impose an electronic product on customers and use same means to debit the customer's money without his authority and consent, yet they have no clear explanation on the where about of my money.

I am sure am not the only victim of this.

Many have been short changed and if care is not taken it will be happening to more people.

I never requested for the Mobile banking. i also found out that one needs a pin number and other details to use it.
I never used any of these but they debited me.
Its only the bank that has access to my account and owe the explanation.

Okeke CM

DEAR MR OKEKE,
GET A LAWYER TO WRITE TO THIER MD COPYING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS. YOU WILL FIND THE NAMES OF THIER DIRECTORS AT FCMB WEBPAGE: http://www.fcmb.com/about-us/board-of-directors

THAT WILL GET THIER ATTENTION. USUALLY, IT IS ONLY THE HIGHER UPS THAT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO REVERSE CERTAIN TRANSACTIONS. UNFORTUNATELY, MOST OF THESE SHOP FLOOR GUYS AT BRANCH LEVEL WHEN THEY SLIP UP, THEY DONT WANT TO ESCALATE THE MATTER UPWARDS, BEACUSE THAT PUTS A DENT ON THIER RECORD AND CAREER. THIS COMPLICITY TO COVER-UP CAN INCLUDE EVEN THE BRANCH MANAGER. THEY ARE SO HEARTLESS, THEY EXPECT YOU BEAR THE LOSS QUIETLY.

DONT GET ANGRY OR FUSTRATED. AND NEVER CONSIDER OR USE LANGUAGE SUCH AS "LOSS" IN ANY OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS.
SIMPLY GIVE A DETAILED SEQUENCE OF EVENTS AND TELL THEM REVERSE THE UNAUTHORISED TRANSACTION IN YOUR LETTER. COPY CBN AS WELL.

GIVE US FEEDBACK ON PROGRESS. YOUR CAUSE IS RIGHT.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by dnawah(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2013
Na wa o! So una get this kind money me,i dey look 4 300k ONLY.bros hope u dey pay u thith o!u dey support the work of God and u dey sow seed o!check ur ways well o!may be the way u get am na d way u lost am.(no offence o)
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by chumakk: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2013
Shuga jay: So sad @ OP.. Earlier dz year, my boify went tru same fin but not as much as urs.. 4 Over 3hrs, he lost netwrk on hz fone even after several switchyn it off n on.. Finally, d netwrk came bck wiv 2 alert sms.. 4rm hz 1st bank acct, he lost 320k.. 4rm hz GT acct, he lost 90k.. He was almst going mad cos he just couldn't understand wah hapund.. It was on a weekend.. On Mon, he got 2 d banks, ranted all he could but no1 paid a single attention 2 him.. Wen he turnd around, he saw anoda man weepyn! Wat was d problem? He lost 5milx.. He realised hz was jux a chicken change.. Wiv heavy hrt, he left d bank(1st bank 2 b precise).. On gettyn 2 hz office(cos he z a barrister wrkyn wiv Umuahia high court), hz boss(who hapuns 2 be a SAN) met him n asked wah hapund.. He tearfully explained.. 2 cut d whole story short: Hz boss took over d case n after all proceedyns, he got hz money back wit charges also placed on damages (though 4rm 1st bank cos GT kinda prooved sturborn n d case was adjourned).. Also, d 5mil man got hz 2..

Wah am I tryn 2 say? OP, 4milx z a whole lotta money.. I fink lotta tym av already bin wasted.. Report d case 2 dia hrdqutr, d NPC, EFCC n get an active legal practioner... Follow it strictly n wiv God's help, u'll recover sumfin if not all..
how do you expect me to read this Latin short hand? Please write well next time.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by carzola(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2013
cute-boy:

DEAR MR OKEKE,
GET A LAWYER TO WRITE TO THIER MD COPYING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS. YOU WILL FIND THE NAMES OF THIER DIRECTORS AT FCMB WEBPAGE: http://www.fcmb.com/about-us/board-of-directors

THAT WILL GET THIER ATTENTION. USUALLY, IT IS ONLY THE HIGHER UPS THAT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO REVERSE CERTAIN TRANSACTIONS. UNFORTUNATELY, MOST OF THESE SHOP FLOOR GUYS AT BRANCH LEVEL WHEN THEY SLIP UP, THEY DONT WANT TO ESCALATE THE MATTER UPWARDS, BEACUSE THAT PUTS A DENT ON THIER RECORD AND CAREER. THIS COMPLICITY TO COVER-UP CAN INCLUDE EVEN THE BRANCH MANAGER. THEY ARE SO HEARTLESS, THEY EXPECT YOU BEAR THE LOSS QUIETLY.

DONT GET ANGRY OR FUSTRATED. AND NEVER CONSIDER OR USE LANGUAGE SUCH AS "LOSS" IN ANY OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS.
SIMPLY GIVE A DETAILED SEQUENCE OF EVENTS AND TELL THEM REVERSE THE UNAUTHORISED TRANSACTION IN YOUR LETTER. COPY CBN AS WELL.

GIVE US FEEDBACK ON PROGRESS. YOUR CAUSE IS RIGHT.

no need for all this the o.p is a hungry man,. I would rather want fcmb to sue this o.p for peddling false information about their bank, do u know how many clients would be lost due to this trash.?

Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by 5much(m): 11:01am On Oct 02, 2013
hi, op. contact relevant agencies(CBN,EFCC,etc) that will help u recover your money.
imagine browsing and pinging on ur tablet,bb or smartphone without worrying of ur phone battery dying.GET a POWER BANK tday.
5600mah is 3k,lasts 2days,12000mah is 5k,lasts 3-7days. call 08065643058 pin:2913CCDB
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by cuteboy2: 11:08am On Oct 02, 2013
carzola: no need for all this the o.p is a hungry man,. I would rather want fcmb to sue this o.p for peddling false information about their bank, do u know how many clients would be lost due to this trash.?

How do u know the information is false? I think the @OP should pursue his case. If FCMB thinks this story is spurious, they should contact him to check things out. At least with this post, info should have reached the Corporate Services dept by now.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by dtemidare: 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
brother you did not state the time and year you lost the money. you only stated the date you opened the account
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by talkrough: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Your claim is just too hard to believe though it could be true. As far as i know, FCMB is one of the most courteous banks who can go any length to protect their customer and their integrity.I would rather advice you take your time to go to their Head Office in Lagos to log your complaint with proof of transaction in which you were debited. I WANT TO ASSURE YOU THAT LISTENING HEARS WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU, YOUR COMPLAINT INVESTIGATED AND YOUR ACCOUNT CREDITED WHEN CONFIRMED. Let's not compromise our trust in them .....OTUNBA SUBOMI, YOU ARE A FATHER, WE STILL TRUST YOU ! LONG LIVE FCMB !!
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by carzola(m): 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
talkrough: Your claim is just too hard to believe though it could be true. As far as i know, FCMB is one of the most courteous banks who can go any length to protect their customer and their integrity.I would rather advice you take your time to go to their Head Office in Lagos to log your complaint with proof of transaction in which you were debited. I WANT TO ASSURE YOU THAT LISTENING HEARS WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU, YOUR COMPLAINT INVESTIGATED AND YOUR ACCOUNT CREDITED WHEN CONFIRMED. Let's not compromise our trust in them .....OTUNBA SUBOMI, YOU ARE A FATHER, WE STILL TRUST YOU ! LONG LIVE FCMB !!
i would like to see this raggery pervertous o.p put behind bars..
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by ukcars: 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
I have no problem with CBN asking banks to pay in Naira, my problem or rather question is , if the CBN want us to be paid in Naira instead of the foreign currency sent, should we also start depositing Naira equivalent into our domiciliary accounts instead of going to source for foreign currency from road side sellers (black market) and then taking it to the bank. I think it should work both ways.

Brand Talk - General Discussion - Breaking News - Health - Business Ideas - OUR BB PIN: 275F2D24

Nath Ekanem
[url]
http://natekanem..com/[/url]
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by born2boink(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
dnawah: Na wa o! So una get this kind money me,i dey look 4 300k ONLY.bros hope u dey pay u thith o!u dey support the work of God and u dey sow seed o!check ur ways well o!may be the way u get am na d way u lost am.(no offence o)
which yeye way pass the government Authority stealing? Even if he get ham through yahoo yahoo plus, stealing or he is a counsellor of a local government. That does not mean a bank should swindle his money, but if he is lying....the guy should simply be traced and send prison for spoiling their names. Because of what this guy said, I will be panic to put my money in that bank at the moment and I believe some members here likely to be panicking too......one person should either go to prison, either him or the fraudster.....

As for me, I trust bank more than the poster but can't say he is lying too. This is like a game of football.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Gen2jaynee: 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
okeke chogizie albert, am yet to understand your story, ... wen did dis fraud occur, dis year or 2008. pls dnt put us(FCMB) in trouble, by dragging our name to the mud, if u av a probs wit FCMB, report to ur account officer, and see wat he has in store.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by josite: 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
im glad u have brought this to the public forum and please be assured that this matter this afternoon is now brought to the notice of the very top management of fcmb at the head office level. I am not in a position to speak for the bank but im in a position to bring your issue before those who can give you the best response and that is exactly what I have done.do come back here to tell of the good developments hereafter to show that FCMB is indeed a very good bank and to this fact I attest.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by guyla: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
I had an experience too. I uploaded N3,000 to pay into an account, but after several attempts I received an sms informing me that I have just uploaded N3,000 to my mobile wallet, shortly another alert came in, informing me of failed transaction I checked my bank account and discovered that I was debited in the sum of 3,000 yet the mobile wallet read empty. I waited for close to two weeks, hoping for a reversal which never occurred, then visited GTB on Allen to lodge a formal complain, I was asked to fill a reversal form, I did yet as I type this message, the money is yet to enter my account. My conclusion there fore is that our local banks are not yet ripe for mobile banking.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by eluquenson(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
guyla: I had an experience too. I uploaded N3,000 to pay into an account, but after several attempts I received an sms informing me that I have just uploaded N3,000 to my mobile wallet, shortly another alert came in, informing me of failed transaction I checked my bank account and discovered that I was debited in the sum of 3,000 yet the mobile wallet read empty. I waited for close to two weeks, hoping for a reversal which never occurred, then visited GTB on Allen to lodge a formal complain, I was asked to fill a reversal form, I did yet as I type this message, the money is yet to enter my account. My conclusion there fore is that our local banks are not yet ripe for mobile banking.

I agree, your issue is network bleep up, but this is CBN advocacy for cashless banking without prior regard for our local network. Banks are really trying to conquer the network challenges & reconciliation.
Nigeria is lagging behind in technology but we are progressing. Its a matter of time.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by jorrey(m): 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
dom:
i'm very certain you've never earned a penny in your life.
emmysenior:

I am tempted to call you a goat!
It's not fair on him, cos u didn't specify the type of goat ehh (gender)..he should be HE goat..
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by Jeezy: 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
enigmang:

Nope... A fraudulent IT staff cannot remove the limit on any account... There are a lot I checks and balances..

Anything is possible on a database bro, even to update (increase) balances in an account. You just need the right privileges. There is something called escalation of privilege which a saavy IT staff can use to gain DBA rights. These days that yahoo boys are being employed as IT support staff in Banks or for some 3rd party vendor who supports critical applications in the bank. The possibilities are endless!
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by specialguest(f): 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
ukcars: I have no problem with CBN asking banks to pay in Naira, my problem or rather question is , if the CBN want us to be paid in Naira instead of the foreign currency sent, should we also start depositing Naira equivalent into our domiciliary accounts instead of going to source for foreign currency from road side sellers (black market) and then taking it to the bank. I think it should work both ways.

Brand Talk - General Discussion - Breaking News - Health - Business Ideas - OUR BB PIN: 275F2D24

Nath Ekanem
[url]
http://natekanem..com/[/url]

Are you sure you are on the right thread? undecided someone is looking for his 'missing' money and you are here telling us about cbn and western union.
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by eluquenson(m): 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
specialguest:

Are you sure you are on the right thread? undecided someone is looking for his 'missing' money and you are here telling us about cbn and western union.

LMAO cheesy cheesy
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by hormohlarah(f): 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
carzola: Mr man, wheather u lost 4naira or 4milion, nairaland is not a court or a costomer complain center for your bank.. Is people like you that spoil this country and give us a bad reputation outside.... Or is this ur way of berggin for cheap sympertizers?
u r senseless
Re: I Lost N4M On First City Monument Bank Mobile Banking by hormohlarah(f): 11:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
Oga u no get sense

Arthur Eze Dances "Gbe Body" At An Event / Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. / Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68