Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,360 members, 7,826,402 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... (9147 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
[b]Monday 30th September 2013
Midwives are Rewarded
Memorise: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
John 14:3
Can you dare to stand alone? Can you dare to stand on the side of God while the government is against you? The midwives of Exodus 1 fell out of favour with the government of the day but they did not care. As a result of their sacrificial obedience of God, they entered into favour with God and began to receive special divine care according to Exodus 1:20. infact, verse 21 says,
“And it came to pass, because the midwives feared God, that he made them houses.”
This could mean those who were single and searching found their right spouses and got married. It could also mean that those who were married had peace and multiplication in their homes. Also, this could mean that the tenants among them became landladies by divine favour and speed. Beloved, are people laughing at you while you are obeying the King of kings? Are they calling you a fool because you refuse to compromise like others are doing to succeed? Are people saying you do not know the shortcut to prosperity? Never mind. Stay focused on your God-given assignment! God did not forget the midwives; He will also not forget you. God gave them households. God will not forgot you or your labour in souls winning!
In John 14:1-3, the Lord assures us that He is building mansions for us. Many years ago, the Lord took me in a vision to a place in a city beyond compare in beauty. I saw a house under construction which was massive and had many rooms. The laborers were busy working at it. When I asked the Lord who owns the house, He said, ‘Son, this is your house’, expecting that since there is no night in Heaven, when my children come to pay me visits, they will have rooms to stay. He said the building is still going on as long as I am winning souls. Beloved, whether people believe it or not, I know what I saw. I saw mansions in Heaven. I have seen my own building. The Lord is equally building yours. Are you committed to winning souls? Soul winners are so dear to God’s heart that He makes them relevant both in time and in eternity. How much have you worked for your heavenly reward?
Prayer Point
Father, help me to serve you acceptably so that I do not lose my earthly and external rewards.
By: Pastor E.A Adeboye, May Godbless you and yours as you read on.......

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
[b]Tuesday 1st October[color=#006600]
Get to the top!

Memorise: A slothful man hideth his hand in his bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth.
Proverbs 19:24
If you are overly selective of the opportunities you take amoung those that come your way, you many endure lack, shame, disgrace or disrespect for a long time. Such attitude can alter God’s plan for your life over time. As a student who either want first class or the first position, you must be prepared to study far above your peers. There is no success without hard work. He knows how to sort you out. But if you are lazy or failed to work hard when you had the time, be prepared to receive the comfort of the Holy Spirit after you have failed. What is your attitude to your studies? Do you defer what should be done today until sometime in the future? You are only making room to fail. You shall not fail. Change your attitude today!

Laziness and procrastination are two major challenges facing believers today. Sometimes ago, I asked someone to make me little fish pond and they were at it for eight months. So one day, I went to them and asked if they will be through within a year. He said it will no go beyond nine months, whereas that assignement could have been done in two weeks. If the Almighty God is still working until now, what will be your excuse for not working? According to 1 Corinthians 9:24-27, the one who will excel must be prepared to be disciplined in order to keep the body under. You can be great. There is plenty of room at the top, but the issue is whether you are willing to do the work that will qualify you for the top. Anyone who wants to mount up on eagles wings cannot afford to be lazy. Are you ready to pay the price? There are some people who sought God’s face, asking for His power and great move many years ago, but they have really not seen what they asked for. God did not give them the anointing because He was waiting for their time to come. Today, God is asking them to pay a little more price and they will see the manifestation of what they have sought because their time has come.
Action point
Identify whatever makes you a slave to laziness and eliminate them now pray that as Nigeria makes her independence that as many as are still in bondage will experience true freedom.

By: Pastor E.A Adeboye, May Godbless you and yours as you read on.......
[/b][/color]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 6:53am On Oct 02, 2013
Wednesday 2nd October
Ways of Rising
Memorise: I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1
If you are prepared to start small, God is prepared to turn that small thing into something beyond your wildest imagination. This season, hope will arise for you in Jesus name. there are different ways to arise, one way is by being pushed up. One person that was pushed up was Moses. In Exodus 4:10-17, God told him he was going to be used to deliver His people, but he refused. God showed him some miracles to convince him but he still did not yield, so God had to push him up. Another person God pushed up was Joshua. In Joshua 1:1-8, God had to tell him thrice to be strong and to be of good courage because he was afraid of stepping into the shoes of his master. What of Gideon? God chose him but he refused to yield so God had to push him up (Judges 6:11-16). In any way you are refusing to key into God’s plan for your life, the Lord will push you up in Jesus name.
Another way to experience a rise is to be pulled up. Psalm 40:1-3 describe how God brought up the psalmist from the miry clay, set him on the rock and established him. Also, in 1 Samuel 16:11-13, David who was only a shepherd boy saw himself being anointed king in the midst of his able-bodied brothers. God pulled him up. In the name that is above every other name, wherever you are, in the depth of sin, sickness, lack, ignominy, shame, disgrace, bondage or defect, the Lord will pull you up this season. Yet, a third way to rise is to be carried up. Isaiah 40:31 talks of people mounting up on eagles’ wings. In 2 Kings 2:11, Elijah was carried up into Heaven by chariots of fire. In 1 Kings 1:11-40, Solomon did not know what was going on and suddenly he was declared king. This season, the Lord will carry you on wings like the eagle. Your effort will not solely be the determinant factor but also His favour and grace. You will see yourself rising from now on. It is your set time of favour (Psalm 102:13). You shall begin to rise and no one nothing will be able to stop you.
Prayer point
Father, beyond my expectations lift me up.
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 6:54am On Oct 02, 2013
Thursday, October 3 2013
Avoid burn outs
Memorise: And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.
Mark 6:31[b]

If you look at the story of the ten virgins recorded in Matthew 25:1-13, you will find out that in the beginning, all lamps were burning. However at some point, some ran out of oil. God generally created things to be refillable. Plants generally created things to be refillable. Plants generally draw on the soil to derive nutrients on a regular basic. Animals such as goats and sheep regularly feed on grass and water to survive. Some time ago, while discussing on animals with my wife, we realized and concluded that almost every living thing spends about half of their time looking for what to eat. We also concluded that animals that feed on grass keep on multiplying whereas those who prey on fellow animals like themselves are fast becoming extinct. If you survive by destroying others, you will soon be extinct. We also discovered that normally, people eat two or three times daily, unless they are fasting.
Ministers of God must learn to refuel. After Jesus Christ performed some special miracles in Matthew 14:15-23, He found a secret place to refuel. Unfortunately, many of us think we do not need to recharge. No, we do! Some of my colleagues keep asking me why I keep fasting. Believing I have enough, they also ask, “What do you want again?” it is dangerous to keep working for God without recharging. It will lead to burn out. In Mark 6:30-31, when the disciples returned excited, the Lord simply told them to step aside and rest for a while. Some ministers don’t attend our solemn Assembly programme because they think it is a waste of time. They would ask why they should come and sit down for four days when souls are perishing. Of what use are your efforts if you do not make it to heaven? If you are fagged out, then it will be easy and even attractive to fagged out, then it will be easy and even attractive to fornicate, steal or patronize the flesh. An African proverbs says: “When a big problem knocks you down, the small ones climb over you.” Those who experience a burn out are not far from shinning.
Key Point
If you are too busy to rest and recharge, be prepared to crash and be spent. One is obviously cheaper than the others.[/b]

Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 6:55am On Oct 02, 2013
[b]Friday 4th October
Problems and sizes
Memorise: And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.
Number 13:30
If you truly want to have a big testimony, then you are indirectly inviting a mountain. The best a little problem can deliver to you is ma small testimony. A man who is healed of headache will have a small testimony compared to a man who is healed of cancer. But even that is small compared to the man who died and resurrected after God’s intervention. This season, every big problem facing you will produce big testimonies.
On the other hand, the size of a mountain is proportional to the size of your destiny. The bigger the mountain you are confronted with, the greater your destiny is. The longer the period the mountain remains, the more enduring your glory will be. If God is leading you to a great promised land, expect giants on your way. In numbers 13:26-33, the spies that Moses sent to spy out the land of Canaan returned with their report. After confronting that the land flows with milk and honey. Verse 28 says,
“Nevertheless the people have strong that dwell in the land, and the cities are walled, and very great: and moreover we saw children of Anak there.
This clearly shows that giant problems would most likely occupy a land flowing with milk and honey. When your destiny is big, your mountains will be big too. When Satan sensed that David was going to be king, he bought a giant to face him. Why? Satan wanted to rob David of his destiny by bringing a mountain in the form of a giant before him. Every giant the devil has brought before you shall fall in Jesus name. in the same vain, when the Lord Jesus was to go through major temptation at very crucial stages of His life – starting of His ministry and preparation of the Cross, Satan did not send his demons but went to tempt Him himself. Even today, when it comes to a very important issue that will affect both kingdoms seriously, Satan still personally tempts God’s bona fide servants. When your mountain is big, it is likely you are a spiritual heavy weight champion in God’s Kingdom. Be encouraged if you are facing mountains, you are in a privileged position to prove the power of your God.
Key point
Encouraging big problems should not discourage you but encourage you that you have a big destiny ahead of you.

[/b][b][/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by God2man(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2013
From this Daily devotional:

" After Jesus Christ performed some special miracles in Matthew 14:15-23, He found a secret place to refuel. Unfortuantely, many of us think we do not need to recharge. No, we do! Some of my colleagues keep asking me why i keep fasting. Believing i have enough, they also ask, "What do you want again?" It is dangerous to keep working for God without recharging. It will lead to burn out"

Does it mean that Pastor Adeboye is defrauding his member as mentioned by many theologians on this Nairaland forum?

There is no need to defend anybody or fight for God.
God will surely defend his interest.
Amen.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by nora544: 11:32am On Oct 02, 2013
10th New Moon & Halloween Newsletter

Beloved Fellow Watchmen on the walls,

We bring you all special greetings this season in the name of our risen Savior and Master, Yeshua, our Messiah, the King of kings and the Lord of Lords, who has called us out of darkness into His marvelous light. We rejoice because the kingdoms of this world belong to our Messiah and Master! Blessed be the name of the Lord. He shall reign till and after all his enemies have been made his footstool, even so shall it be Amen (Ps. 2, 110). We apologize for bringing you this newsletter rather very late. Nevertheless, we still prefer that you have information to pray over this new moon season even though late. Practically all the details here presented are pertinent for prayer action throughout the season, so you are still on time to watch with these truths.

This new moon is the 10th new moon of 2012. It occurred on the 15th of October at 12:03 UT (1:03pm Nigerian, 7:03am US Central). Although this is the 10th month in the Gregorian calendar that we are most familiar with, in the Bible, it is the 8th month of Cheshvan. The period of autumn, which we are in comprises the three months of Tishri, Cheshvan, and Kislev. According to Hebrew culture, the three tribes corresponding to the months are Ephraim, Manasseh and Benjamin--who in the desert encampment around the tabernacle were situated to the west. Their joint camp was known as the camp of Ephraim (or Joseph). Therefore, this is a season to receive the blessings of Joseph and Benjamin (Deut 33: 12-17).

Furthermore, this month of Manasseh (means ‘cause to forget toil (or suffering from his father’s house)’), pray that Elohim will visit you, as He visited Joseph, with His deliverance so that you can forget the trauma of past enslavement of your life and destiny (Gen 41:51). Ask the Lord to roll away the reproach of the past. Pray also, asking the LORD God Almighty to remove fragmentation and division caused by the trauma from your spirit, soul, body, family, inheritance, etc. Pray for oneness with Yeshua (Ezekiel 37: 15-28).

Beloved Watchmen, we urge you to yield to the LORD’s call to sound the SHOFAR at the new moon (Ps 81:-3), and above all, to sound the shofar when the enemy comes to fight us in the land He has given us or when the enemy comes to fight to steal our harvest (Num 10:9).
There is another reason to watch with great intensity this month. It is the time of Halloween, which marks (1) the beginning of witches New Year called samhain, and (2) it is also satan's birthday. To witches, halloween or samhaim is the most important day of the year. It is the supreme night of demonic jubilation: satan is worshipped; spirits of the dead are invoked; there is divination to tap into satanic power to make predictions; satanic powers are invoked to cast spells, exchange destinies, kill, destroy, oppose Christian families, etc.
The moon is central to all of these events.
Here are the highlights of the events:
a. witchcraft activities (a time to cast spells, time for destiny exchange, to oppose churches and families, perform sacrilegious acts, a time to kill, steal and destroy, etc.)
b. necromancy (graveyard sorcery, feasting with the dead, etc)
c. divination (peeping into the future by tarot card reading, crystal reading, or tea leaf reading)
d. satanic worship (observe satanic rituals, offer blood sacrifices to Satan, etc)

Although the major event takes place on Oct 31-Nov 1 every year, the "celebrations" begin during the new or full moon before the end of October. This year, halloween events started on Oct 15, the day of the new moon. The activities of witches and satanists will increase as we draw near the full moon, which is October 29. The demonic gyrations will continue till the beginning of the next lunar cycle on November 13, which is a day of total solar eclipse—a day that the earth will be engulfed in day time darkness because of the alignment of the sun and the moon. So we must gird up our loins for warfare. With the Word of God as our Captain, we shall surely prevail (Rev. 5:5, Rev. 19:11-20:4).

Steve Russo in his book "What's the deal with wicca,?" writes about the activities of witches during sabbat events. He notes that when major "celebrations" such as a sabbat begins, first, two circles which are half an inch apart are drawn. This marks the space for invocations and magical spells. Then, the priestess will make invocation facing the East, South, North and West using the four elements: wind, fire, earth and water. Then, an effigy representing the target of spell is placed on a table in the center of the circle. Following that, members of the coven will join hands together around the circle and dancing will begin with all eyes on the effigy. A dance may be negative or positive. A positive dance is done in a clockwise manner but a negative dance is done in a counterclockwise way. When the dance produces enough "spiritual charge" for action, the priestess will give a signal to participants to release the energy to the effigy.
Every year, the Church and Christian families are common effigies upon which the negative dance and energy are released in covens during halloween. IT IS THEREFORE IMPORTANT THAT WE RISE UP AND PRAY AT THIS TIME.

The moon as a planting field:
In Is 51:16, we read about how God puts His words in our mouths and how He plants the heavens and lays the foundations of the earth.

As we have mentioned in previous writings, in wiccan and occultic circles, the moon is used as a demonic planting space/field. Seed planting begins in the new moon and continues in the first crescent moon (referred to as Diana’s bow). The first quarter moon phase (referred to as Half moon) has a twofold function. First, it is a nurturing phase. Second, it is used for fortification enchantments (we will elaborate on that shortly). When used for nurturing, seeds which are planted earlier are watered with enchantments and rituals during the half moon. If all goes well with planting and nurturing, by the full moon, a harvest of results will emerge. The last quarter of the moon is used for pruning, uprooting all they don’t want from their lives. It is our responsibility to ensure that everything goes wrong with these planting & nurturing of evils & wickedness. We are the ones that have the mandate of Uprooting and destroying things contrary to God’s kingdom and not the camp of witches. Listen to Prophet Jeremiah on matters as these:

Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. (Jer 1:9-10)
The last crescent moon (called Hecate’s sickle) is used by witches as a souls harvesting implement to kill. Again, we encourage brethren to watch and pray during the moon phases so that the enemies will not succeed in their agenda to abort God’s plan and purposes for us, our families, communities, nations, continent and the Church.

Prayer and Praise

1. Praise and worship Yaweh Elohim, the Almighty God, creator of heaven and earth, the Father of our Lord Jesus Who has mercifully given us the privilege to align ourselves with Him. Enter His gates with thanksgiving. Ps. 8, 19, 100, 136, 148, etc.

2. Declare the Lordship of Jesus Christ over all things (yourself, family, business/job, community, Church, Africa, principalities, powers, witchcraft spirit, water spirit, mountains, hills, winds, sun, moon, stars, planets, constellations, strongmen, satanic watchmen, etc.)

3. Bring repentance of personal sins, especially rebellion/disobedience, which is like the sin of witchcraft. (Ps. 15, Ps. 19:12-14, etc.)
Bring repentance of family sins (Eph 5:21-25, 6:1-9, etc.)

Repent in behalf of the Church (Is 56:9-12 etc.)

Repent in behalf of the society (Deut. 4:15-19, etc.)

Ask the Lord for forgiveness and mercy. Bring atonement by the blood
of Jesus Christ (Ps. 51, Heb. 9:12-14, etc.)

4. Blow the trumpet to the Lord and ask Him to remember us against our enemies in spiritual or physical warfare (Num 10:9-10).
Plead the blood of the Lamb of God on the moon to reconcile it to Yeshua (Col 1: 20). Ask the moon to reject/vomit all satanic rituals and sacrifices. Disconnect the army of satan from the heavens proclaiming Yeshua AS THE WAY (John 14:6) to the heavens. Pray and shut the heavens with the key of David against all satanic watchmen; shut the covens and esoteric centers with the key of David against witches and occultists Rev 3:7-8.

5. Use your superior priestly authority to break all satanic covenants which your family, the ancients, satanic prince, satanic watchmen, politicians, religious leaders, occultists, etc have over your life, family, business/job, community, state, nation, the Church, etc. ( 1Pet. 2:9, Is.
28: 14-18, etc.)
Renounce the invocation made around coven circles. Cancel the sorcery invoked using the four elements: wind, fire, earth and water. Command these elements to rebel against witches and wizards. Proclaim Jer. 10:11. Command the elements to praise Yahweh Elohim, the creator of heaven and earth Gen 1, Ps. 148.

Renounce and cancel the negative dance around coven circles. Use the blood of Jesus Christ to blot out the circles. Renounce and cancel every dance that produces death (Matt 14: 6-9) in your life, family, nation, Church, etc

Arise and dance to the Lord with all your might (2 Sam 6:14, Ps 149: 1-4, Ps 150, etc.). We shall not die but live to declare the glory of the Lord! Amen!

Renounce and cancel the tokens of operation and tools of power used by witches at this time: red, orange and black candles, herbs, oils, incense, crystal stones, sandalwood, mirrors, knots, ink, sand, toys, 13 inch cords, double edged knives, drums, rattles, black clothes, etc. Ask the Lord to frustrate these tokens (Is 44:24-25)

6. Instead of depending on God for powers they depend on God's creation (Rom 1:25). Therefore, in this so-called "new year", proclaim Is 44:11 seven times.

7. As mentioned before, halloween time is a time for high level necromancy, communication with the dead. These things are carried out using (1) the Book of Shadows and (2) the Book of the Dead. Use the blood of Jesus Christ to blot out the handwriting of ordinances recorded against you, your family, business, nation, etc. using these dangerous books. (Col 2:14)
As many as want to shed blood, ask the Lord to give them their flesh to eat. May they be drunken with their own blood as sweet wine.

8. As many as indulge in graveyard consultation, ask the Lord to make their case like that of Saul (1 Sam 28: 5ff).

9. This 10th new moon will take us into the month of November—the eleventh Gregorian month. The number 11 is the number of judgment. Bring judgment on as many as go on in rebellion and all manners of witchcraft: Rev 2:21-23, Is 33: 10-12, Ps. 69:22-28, Is. 47, Micah
5:8-9, 10-15, Nah 3, Ex 22:18, etc.
Pray that the shakings and the punishments will produce fruits of repentance in those who have not sold their souls to the devil.
10. Ask the Lord to continue to show mercy to His people. Speak to the heavens. Use the following scriptures to pray: Ps. 19:1-6, Ps. 121, Deut 33:13-17, Deut 28:1-14,etc.
Ask the Lord to command His special angels, the Cherubims to be on 24 hour patrol around you and yours, cutting off all intruders with the flaming sword that moves in all directions Gen 3:24.

11. Proclaim 12:11, Rev 4, 5, 11:15
12. Pray also during these crucial times:
a. the new moon in alignments with Saturn, Spica, Mercury, Mars (October 16-18).
b. 33rd hour of the moon (October 16 @ 21:03 UT, 10:03pm Nigerian, 4:03pm US Central).
c. The moon aligns with Antares on Oct. 18.
d. Orionid meteor shower (Orion’s shooting stars Job 38:31) on Oct 20 and 21
e. First quarter moon on Oct 22.
f. The sun is in conjunction with the planet Saturn on Oct 26
g. Full moon on Oct 29 @ 19:50 UT, 8:50pm Nigerian, 2:50pm US Central
h. Last quarter moon on Nov 7.
i. Total solar eclipse and new moon on Nov 13.

We are counting on you to mount the watchtowers with us in this strategic season. God bless you.

Shalom!
Your Brother & Fellow Intercessor

That is from one ot the persons who belong also to Adeboye, who himself calleds also to be a great man of god but what he writes has not very much to do with christian religion, he wilol brean fear to the people and that is not good that is bad.
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by holypower(m): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
nora544:

That is from one ot the persons who belong also to Adeboye, who himself calleds also to be a great man of god but what he writes has not very much to do with christian religion, he wilol brean fear to the people and that is not good that is bad.

fear what? He said this for preparance so that it won't come unaware. Just be ready and be prayerful because this big secret has been revealed
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
[b]Saturday 5th October
Moses in the ring
Memorise: Be not hasty in they spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools
Ecclesiastic 7:9
In the game of boxing, there are three major blows – the jab, the hook and the uppercut. Let us look at the life of Moses while in the boxing ring of life. Moses had a weak point – sudden anger. This was revealed to his enemies the day he struck and Egyptian and he died (Exodus 2:11-12). After the children of Israel had left Egypt, Pharaoh and his men gave them a hot chase to the extent that the Israelites rebelled against Moses in Exodus 14:11-12. This was a jab from the devil and Moses dodged it. Similarly, after the Israelites had crossed the Red sea, they got to the bitter waters of Marah and they murmured (Exodus 15:23-25). This was another jab from the devil and Moses dodged it. In Exodus 16:2-3, when they were hungry, they murmured against Moses again. It was another jab that Moses overcame. However, in Exodus 17:1-2, the next jab that came, Moses could not dodge it. When the Devil saw that Moses was becoming weary, he gave the hook and it landed successfully in Exodus 32:19-20 Moses was angry. Do you say his anger was a holy anger and therefore justified? Anger is anger holy or not.
By the time we get to Numbers 11:4-6, 10-15,. We find Moses blaming God. He almost began to see himself as the provider, as if he had been the one providing for the people all along. He even asked God to kill him. Can you imagine how the devil exploited the weakness of Moses and turned him against the Almighty God? From this point, Moses began to diminish. His anointing was then distributing among 70 elders (Numbers 11:16). Finally the evil’s uppercut Came in Numbers 20:1-4, 7-12 and Moses experienced defect. Do you celebrate when you celebrate when you dodge Satan’s jabs? Some people do. How may give you space but will surely return with another jab. Satan wants to wear you out, so in all you do, never allow Satan to wear you out. Never allow the devil to turn you against your Helper – the Almighty God. If he succeeds in making you believe his lies, then he has really got you. The Lord will give you victory over internal enemies. Commit them to God and ask Him to deal with them.
Action point
Today, you are in the ring of life, how are you coping? Ask for grace t be victorious. [/b]

Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2013
[b]Sunday 6th October
He Careth
Memorise: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Peter 5:7
God is a God of greatness and He makes those who truly follow Him great. He can make you great spiritually. In John 14:12, Jesus says,
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also, and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.”
If you are linked with Him, He will empower you to raise the dead, open blind eyes, unstop deaf ears, heal the lame, etc. you must believe on Him and allow your faith to grow to the point of producing the kind of works Jesus did, and greater works thereafter. This tells us that God is a God of faith. In Romans 4:16-22, we read that God calls those things which are not as though they already existed, and they materialise in line with what He has spoken. If you will please God, you must be a man or woman of faith (Hebrew 11:6). If you can believe and obey Him blindly, He will move on your behalf. You too can call what are not as through they are and you will see His faithfulness.
Moreover, the God of Abraham is a God who loves worship. Abraham was a worshipper, if you check him out; you will find him building altars for God (Genesis 12:6-8; 13:1-4). God loves those who worship Him in spirit and in truth. A couple left Nigeria for America with three children. They left on government scholarship, but on arrival, the home government cancelled the scholarship and they were left stranded with nothing. They prayed but nothing happened and the man left for the library. But his wife began to praise God as I had earlier taught members to try praise when all else fail. That day, a group of men on door-to-door evangelism visited and spoke to her of Jesus. When they finished, the sister apologised for not being able to offer them something because there was nothing in the house. They checked the fridge and kitchen and found it so. Thereafter, their leader went to bring things for them. The following week, they assisted them with jobs. Their fourth baby as a result was named ‘He Careth’ Have you prayed, fasted, and tried everything you know how to do but witnessed no change? Start worshipping Him. Worship moves God to attend to what was ignored. The Lord will reach out to you as you worship Him.
Action Point
Are you facing a tough situation? Start worshipping the Lord now and expect your change.
[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 10:13am On Oct 06, 2013
[b]Monday 7th October
Qualities of divine midwives
Memorize: Study to shew thyself approve unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth
2 Timothy 2:15
There are certain characteristic that divine midwives should possess in order to be effective in helping God deliver His babies. First, they must be skilful. 2 Timothy 2:15 says,
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
Divine midwives must endeavour to read wide on the subject of evangelising to people of different faiths and even to church goers. It is important to know all you can about effective soul winning because you are performing a well delicate assignment, and if you make mistakes, you could truncate the whole process of spiritual childbirth. If you go to book stores, you will find books on how to witness to Muslims, Buddhists, Mormons, Catholics, Jehovah’s Witnesses, etc you could also go on the internet to get such information to get you adequately prepared for this all important assignment.
In addition, divine midwives must be diligent and very hardworking. Proverbs 22:29 says diligence will determine your location. In other words if you are a diligent midwife, you will be able to access and deliver the souls that others could not. Do you know that some unbelievers are selective about the vessel God used to being about the salvation? Diligence will also bring about a harvest of souls at a time. Besides, persistence is another requirement for divine midwives. This means we must be prepared to continue to reach out to souls. Sometimes, you can preach to somebody and he or she will rebuff you. Some will abuse, persecute or even try to hurt you. Some people may be discouraged because of that but God expects you to be persistent. Continue to preach to and pray for the fellow. If one method fails, try another one. If that one fails, pray and try another method, keep on trying until the soul is saved. The season, the Lord will grace you specially, to be an effective midwife in Jesus name. When you win one soul thank God and go for the next.
Action point
Ask God for every virtue you need in other to live as a divine Champion indeed.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 10:14am On Oct 06, 2013
[b]Tuesday 8th October
Wait on Him
Meorise: if a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
Job 14:14
It is better to be conveyed while flying than to fly by self effort. The One who is carrying you in that flight is Jesus (John 15:5). He is the aircraft you will be riding in; hence Philippians 4:13 says,
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
This means you will be accomplishing things, attaining height and breaking new grounds using His resources – physical and divine energy, wisdom, guidance, etc. while you are spending His resources yours are intact. He will be doing the work while all you have to do is wait on Him. When He says you must wait, then you must wait. Many of us do not want to wait on Him but we want to reap the benefits of waiting. How can this be? You go to His presence and pray for five minutes and you think that will do. To get to the top, you must learn to wait on Him. You must separate yourself in a room and just wait on Him by praising and worshipping Him. Wait on Him by thanking Him and studying His Word. Sometimes, you may just worship Him and wait on Him in silence to hear what He will say to you. Be in no hurry. Waiting on God is one thing we must learn.
Sometimes ago, one of our past president during his tenure said he wanted to see me. The appointment was for 11 a.m. but I was there by 10 a.m. He did not see me until I threatened to leave because I had sick people waiting for me. I could say so because he needed my help but if it was the other way round, I would have been prepared to wait until 10 p.m. Do you know that the Almighty God is greater than any president? Yet many of you can wait for days for an earthly king to answer you but find it difficult to wait for the King of kings to answer you. If you can wait Him, He will definitely make it worth your while. Just one blessing from waiting on Him can put a stop to sorrow in a particular area of your life forever. From today, create time to wait on Him and gradually improve on it.
Key point
Waiting on Him is a major secret for open doors

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 10:15am On Oct 06, 2013
[b]Wednesday 9th October
Work-In-Progress
Memorise: For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn the ear.
Mark 4:28
God want your hope to rise. He wants you to rise up. You can rise by being pushed up, pulled up or carried up. This season, you shall rise up. In 1 Kings 18:41-45, we noticed that while the fist-like cloud that appeared in answer to the prayer of Elijah was rising, it was also spreading. Verse 45 of that scripture says,
“And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel.”
This simply, tells us that God does certain things in stages. The Gospel of Jesus Christ that would spread to all parts of the earth started one day in Israel through the Saviour Himself. A business that would cover the world may start small in a hidden location.
This speaks of progressive increase. Sometimes, some blessings are received bit by bit progressively, yet they are from God. The lame man started by rising, then walking, then leaping and praising God at the beautiful gate (Acts 3:1-11). Even naturally, God designed trees to grow progressively.
“For the earth bringeth fourth fruit of herself: first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.”
Mark 4:28
God takes some people from nothing to being great and allows that greatness to spread and to keep on rising until the fellow becomes very great and in envied by a nation. There are some people who are to impatient with God. When He starts a miracle, they sense it. In the process of Him moving it from one stage to another, the become impatient and start to complain that their miracles are hanging or incomplete. In the process, many have bungled their miracle. Be wise! Has the Lord started something good in your life or circumstance? Thank Him. You are a work-in-progress in His hands. You may not get the clear picture until He either shows it to you or when you meet Him on the other side of eternity. Know that the one who has began a good work will surely complete it. He will perfect every good thing that pertains to you. Is there any unfinished business in your life? Engage thanksgiving from today.

Key Point
The gap between where you are now and where you are going can be filled with thanksgiving. [/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 6:30am On Oct 09, 2013
[b]Thursday 10th October
Meet a Champion
Memorise: There hath no temptation taken you such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1st Corinthians 10:13

In life, most potential champions never become champions. But one potential champion that became a champion is Joseph. He was one of the 12 sons of Jacob. He was specially loved by his father being a son of his old age and product of his late heartthrob – Rachel. Considering that we live in the end times, we can conveniently claim to be children of an aging world too. He was favoured and had a dream which infuriated his brothers the moment they heard of it. At some point, Joseph overcame the death his brothers had planned for him. Later, the devil came in the form of a woman and tempted him, but he told himself that if he loses that battle, he had lost his destiny. He passed the test even through it landed him in prison. It was not an easy road for his potential champion turned champion.
From his history, we see that one boy had a dream out of 12 brothers and he stood out. Whenever you face temptation, always remember that God loves you. God gave a big dream to a small boy. This tells us that potential champions are not usually chosen according to their biological age. Take Moses for example: he was the youngest of three, yet he was chosen. Joseph was number 11 in a family of 12. what of David? He was the last born of his father’s house. On the other hand John the Baptist was the first born and was chosen (Luke 1:1-17). The most important thing is not when and how you were born but whether God has a purpose for your life (Jeremiah 1:4-5). Whenever we are ordaining people, all we are doing is replicating what had already been done in the spirit realm. Also, the bigger the dream that God gives you, the tougher will be your opposition. Usually, competitions are done according to weight. We have light, middle, feather and heavy weight. Bringing a featherweight to fight a heavyweight is a mismatch. God’s plan for your life will determine the selection of the enemies and situations you will face in life. May you never fail God in the challenges of life and may you come out victorious like Joseph.
Prayer point
Father, You helped the patriarchs of old to overcome and make it to Heaven, help me to overcome and to make it to Heaven too.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 6:32am On Oct 09, 2013
[b]Friday 11 October
Finishing the race
Memorise: I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith
2nd Timothy 4:7
God has called us into an uncommon race. But unlike an earthly or carnal race, the strength for you to run this race can only be supplied by the Holy Spirit. If you read 2 Corinthians 11:23-23 and 2 Corinthians 4:7-9, you will see some of the difficulties and challenges that Paul encountered during his race, yet he kept going on by the power of the spirit. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, it becomes easy to finish strong. In a football game, 22 people would have kicked the ball up and down for the better part of 90 minutes or more; although the men become tired, yet the ball remains strong. Are you battered, beaten and kicked about like the ball? Hold on to the Holy Spirit! He will ensure nothing deflates you. As long as He has filled you, you will be able to fly and weather every negative situation that comes your way.
Moreover, Paul declares in 2 Timothy 4:6-8 that he successfully finished the race. When you are through with your divine assignment on earth, you will know. May you finish your assignment before your time is up. John the Baptist completed his assignment on earth and after that; he began to long for his heavenly rewards. Beloved, there are several cases of people dying before they completed their assignment. Such people will be served a query in Heaven. But it is also possible to say like Paul:
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:”
2 Timothy 4:7
In the lives of many believers today, there are so many pending issues: pending repentance, pending restitutions and unfinished assignments from the Master. Some people are yet to win the number of souls that God has assigned to them, some others are debtors in following up of converts. Tithes, offerings, vows and pledges are areas many still owe God. Check your life and find out where you owe God, and immediately put your house in order. If Paul can finish the race, you too can.
Action point
Go for q comprehensive medical check up; thank God for the good result but prayerfully stand against any negative report.

From Pastor E.A. Adeboye, May God Bless you and Yours!

[/b]

Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by nora544: 10:31am On Oct 09, 2013
WildChild00: [b]Friday 11 October
Finishing the race
Memorise: I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith
2nd Timothy 4:7
God has called us into an uncommon race. But unlike an earthly or carnal race, the strength for you to run this race can only be supplied by the Holy Spirit. If you read 2 Corinthians 11:23-23 and 2 Corinthians 4:7-9, you will see some of the difficulties and challenges that Paul encountered during his race, yet he kept going on by the power of the spirit. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, it becomes easy to finish strong. In a football game, 22 people would have kicked the ball up and down for the better part of 90 minutes or more; although the men become tired, yet the ball remains strong. Are you battered, beaten and kicked about like the ball? Hold on to the Holy Spirit! He will ensure nothing deflates you. As long as He has filled you, you will be able to fly and weather every negative situation that comes your way.
Moreover, Paul declares in 2 Timothy 4:6-8 that he successfully finished the race. When you are through with your divine assignment on earth, you will know. May you finish your assignment before your time is up. John the Baptist completed his assignment on earth and after that; he began to long for his heavenly rewards. Beloved, there are several cases of people dying before they completed their assignment. Such people will be served a query in Heaven. But it is also possible to say like Paul:
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:”
2 Timothy 4:7
In the lives of many believers today, there are so many pending issues: pending repentance, pending restitutions and unfinished assignments from the Master. Some people are yet to win the number of souls that God has assigned to them, some others are debtors in following up of converts. Tithes, offerings, vows and pledges are areas many still owe God. Check your life and find out where you owe God, and immediately put your house in order. If Paul can finish the race, you too can.
Action point
Go for q comprehensive medical check up; thank God for the good result but prayerfully stand against any negative report.

From Pastor E.A. Adeboye, May God Bless you and Yours!

[/b]

This so called great man of God needs money that he can fly with his private jet, poor followers who fill the pocket of this coldhearted selfish businessman.
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b]Saturday October 12
Overcoming the enemy
Memorise: Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will
remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7
On the 5th of this month, we analysed how Satan engaged Moses in the ring and after some jabs, and the hook, he finished him with an upper cut. Believe it or not and whether it appears so or not, we are all engaged in a fight with the devil and his agents. We are also boxed in the ring, but the question is: who will overcome? May you overcome in Jesus name.

What can you do to win this battle? You must be able to apply the word of God as appropriately as possible. If the right word is applied to a wrong situation, it will not work. Square pegs of the word must be placed into square holes of situations for you to get results. This is why Joshua 1:8 says the word of God must be a part of you – you must meditate on it at least on your up in the morning, and shortly before going to bed at night. That is, the word must start and end each day.
Secondly, constantly plead the blood of Jesus on yourself, your family, and everything you have, and everything you are doing. Soak your finance with the blood of Jesus. Remember, the enemy cannot prevail with their own strength. This is dangerous because except for God’s mercy, he can easily destroy them. When you want to challenge the devil, challenge him by the blood of the lamb and he will flee. In addition, never let the name of Jesus be far from your mouth. When people are in an emergency, what comes out of their mouths at such times, clearly shows who they lean on for protection or help. It is not surprising to hear some people calling their fathers, mothers, uncles, or children. These people cannot help you at such a time. They might even not be there. But calling on the name of Jesus delivers help to you in whatever situation you may find yourself. The name of the Lord guarantees your safety. It can make an exception of you in the time of danger. Call that name now! Jesus!
Key Point:
It is never old fashioned to use the name and blood of Jesus, as they never expire.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b]Sunday 13th October
Creative miracles
Memorise: (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as through they were.
Romans 4:17
There are categories of healing. Some healings are gradual. In Luke 17:11-14, some lepers met the Lord and He asked them to go and show themselves to the priest and as they went, they received their healing. Some healings can be instantaneous. We see an example of this Matthew 8:1-3, where a leper met the Lord and confessed his faith in His ability to heal but doubted if the Lord was willing. Jesus touched him and immediately he was healed. Some healings come in form of repairs. Mark 3:1-5 talks about a man with a withered hand. When he encountered the Lord and was healed, his hand was restored like the other hand. However, occasionally, there are situations beyond repairs. In today’s reading, the subject of the miraculous event did not go blind but was born blind, so there was nothing to be repaired. For him to receive sight at all, he needed a creative miracle. When a part of your car cannot be repaired, it is replaced. God is the One who originally created you and so if there is anything that cannot be repaired in your body, God will replace it. In Malachi 3:6, He says,
“For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.”
Hebrews 13:8 further says He is the same in spite of the transient nature of the universe. This means whatever He has done before, He can do again. If He created you, He can also repair any of your body parts. Every car manufacturer equally has spares parts. Without spare parts, no car manufacturer can stay in business. Occasionally, some people import uncommon cars. Sometimes, the one who brought in the car may be the only one in a town, city or country to have that car, at least for a period. In those days, such cars are called ‘ One in town’. The owners of such cars are very proud as it makes them unique among others – a symbol of class. However, the pain of such luxury is that when a little part needs replacement, it will take time to import the spare part. In some cases, the car may have to be sent back to the manufacturer for repairs. Thank God your body has spares with God. Go ahead and ask for a creative miracle today!
Prayer point
Father, any part of my body that is beyond repair, please replace it today by your mercy.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b]Monday 14th October
Fearing God
Memorise: But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive.
Another characteristic of a divine midwife is the fear of GOD. EXODUS 1;17 says,
“But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the male children alive.”
To be God-fearing goes beyond merely believing that God exist. James 2;19 says,
“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble”
Hebrews 11:6 says if you come to God, you must believe that He exists. But if that starting point of faith is where you stopped then what is the difference between you and the devil? The demons believe that God exists because He created them, but can we say they fear Him in that sense? Can you fear God and break His commandment without even feeling it? I doubt it.
The fear of God which starts with believing in His existence has different dimensions. If you fear somebody, you will take his word very seriously. You will not want to offend him at all. If you fear somebody, you will hold the fellow in high esteem. There is always something that you can point at that you did or did not do because of the fear you have for the fellow. In Exodus 1:17, the midwives Shiphrah and Puah refused to obey the decree of the Egyptian king because they feared God. They were ready to get into trouble because they feared God. In Genesis 39:7-12, Joseph persistently resisted the temptation to sleep with his mater’s wife because the feared God. In Daniel 1:8-16, Daniel and his friends refused to eat food sacrificed to idols because they feared God. Do you fear God? What has the fear of God made you to do or not to do? You say you fear God yet you manipulate figures, attendance and doctor your reports. You claim to fear God yet you easily allow the contraband to lust and immorality to defile His temple- your body! You gang up or rebel against God’s servant and you claim to fear God. Do you really fear God? If you claim you do, prove it by your works, words attitude to Him, His servants and His work.
Key point
Those who fear God are known by the level of their obedience to God’s word.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 7:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
[b]Tuesday 15th October
Arresting gravitational pull
Memorise: For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
1 Corinthians 16:9
Flying is the best method of motion. It is faster and usually safer than road transport. However, before you can fly, there is a major force you must overcome: this is the force of gravity. The force of gravity is a force that is out there to pull down anything that goes up. Although this force operates in the physical realm, you have a similar force operating in the spiritual realm. There are three main areas that can pull you down spiritually as you attempt to climb up or to fly: first is sickness and disease. Many times, people would want to get up and fly for the Lord but sickness and disease will pull them back. In John 5:2-9, we read for a man who was held back for 38 years. For that length of time, he was restricted to the colony of the sick. Do you desire to fly for Jesus and to accomplish great things for the master, but sickness or disease is holding you back? In the name of Jesus, that force of sickness and disease operating in your life is broken this minute! Remember as you receive your healing, it is for you to go and serve the Lord.
Another force that could keep an individual from flying is poverty. The man born lame recorded in Acts 3:1-8 was not only incapacitated by his inability to walk, but also by poverty, hence he begged all his life for alms until the day he was healed. It is usually the rich that mostly travel by air, most poor people cannot afford to fly. When Pharaoh agreed to let the Israelites go, he held them to leave their flocks and wealth behind. If you are born-again but poor, you may not be a great threat to the devil. In fact, he will even want to discourage you because you lack the resources to live and serve God. But if you are saved and wealthy, the devil will be scared because he knows that you will be able to serve God sponsor Kingdom projects, help fellow brothers and sisters in need and use that money to win souls to Christ. Are you financially limited today! That yoke is destroyed today! However, pay up all your tithe and vows to God. Sow sacrificial seed into His Kingdom, release your faith and it shall be well with you.
Prayer Point
Every spiritual gravitational pull meant to hinder my motion, Father uproot them today.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
[b]Wednesday 16th October
What goes up, comes down
Memorise: The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
Psalm 34:10
Another lesson from 1 King 18:41-45 is that it is what goes up that comes down. In other words the rain could fall because something had earlier gone up, Psalm 67:5-7 says when praise goes up, blessing will come down. You can load your cloud through offering high praise to God. Also, when worship goes up, healing comes down. Check the Bible and you will notice that almost everyone who got a major healing from God started by worshipping Him. In Matthew 8:1-3, the leper first worshipped Jesus before he was healed. Also, before Jairus asked for help, he fell down before Jesus and worshipped Him (Mark 5:22-24).if you don’t know how to give God quality worship, you will be robbing yourself of several benefits.
Similarly, when prayers go up, deliverance comes down. In Acts 12:5-11, after Peter was arrested, the church prayed without ceasing and deliverance came for Peter. In Matthew 15:21-28, a woman prayed and deliverance came for her daughter. If only you can pray, deliverance will come to your loved ones, your church and leaders. Such prayer is a demonstration of love and commitment to the one you are interceding for. In addition, to provoke a divine visitation and uncommon offering should go up. An example here is Solomon who gave an uncommon sacrifice and God Himself came down (2 Chronicles 1:6-15). If you are a miser, you will surely miss visitors from Heaven. When the giving of first fruit increase goes up, unlimited returns come down (Proverbs 3:8-9). Also, when first fruits sacrifice goes up, irreversible blessings came down. An example here was when Abraham set out to sacrifice Isaac and God swore to bless and multiply him (Genesis 22:1-18). Isaiah 1:19 says when obedience goes up, the good of the land comes down. When you seek the Lord, Psalm 34:10 says abundance would come down. When you seek God’s Kingdom, all your needs would be met. When repentance goes up, forgiveness will come down. What are you sending up?
Key point
What you send up shall be determined by what you want to come down.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
[b]Thursday 17th October
Brothers and Fathers
Memorise: Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Romans 12:10
Your calling and divine destiny as well as your present spiritual build up add up in determining the kind of battles that will come your way. You cannot as a featherweight to engage a heavyweight in the ring. When you consider David, you will observe the kind of opponents that he faced – a lion, bear and Goliath, all these were heavyweight (1 Samuel 17:34-37). If you consider your life, you will realise that God has brought you this far because His purpose for your life is yet to be fulfilled. Many like me, should be able to say that if not for God, they would have been dead long before now. The Lord that has kept you alive will continue to keep you.
However, considering the life of Joseph, there is need to note the difference between a father. You will note that some brothers can kill. In Genesis 4:8 when the first murder was recorded, it was committed by a brother. A brother can steal your blessing: if you doubt this, ask Esua and he will tell you of his experience (Genesis 27:30-35). Brothers can also try to kill your dream like it happened to Joseph (Genesis 37:13-20). This is why when it comes to the issue of making heaven; you cannot rely on anybody other than yourself and God. Are you a brother with a negative assignment to fellow brothers?
However, fathers are different. Thank God for fathers! They can bless and prophesy into your future. Genesis 49:1 relays when Jacob gathered his children together to prophesy into their future. When your father prophesises into your future, it becomes a settled matter. For this reason you must honour your father and mother so that you can live long on earth. Honouring your father is one thing that can sustain your amidst the battles of life. How often do you do this? To provoke the best from your father, you must please him and obey him. You must avoid what he hates and give him the good things that he likes. Lead him to Christ, and make his remaining days on earth worthwhile.
Key point
You can be the ideal brother or sister to both your blood relations as well as fellow brethren in Christ.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
[b]Saturday 19th Octobers
Is His Name Revered?
Memorise: He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.
Psalm 111:9
When in danger or in an emergency, who do you call?
“Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.”
Psalm 20:7
The Psalmist here says some may call on chariots and some may call on horses but he will call on the Lord. If you must be victorious in life’s battles, you must call on the name of Jesus purposely, deliberately, in faith and with lots of expectations. Some people are the name of Jesus without honouring Him; no wonder the name hardly works for them. If they miss a step, they shout Jesus! If the tea burns their tongue, they shout Jesus! If someone touches them from behind, they shout Jesus! The name has become an exclamation mark. Before they speak for three minutes, they will call the name several time devoid of honour. If you want that name to work for you, you must learn to call it with purpose, respect, honour and humility.
One of the things God frowns at is using His name in vain. Exodus 20:7 says,
“Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.”
Ordinarily, you do not call the name of your father or mother anyhow. When you call their name, you do it with some sense of respect and honour. If you do so mortals, how much more should you treat God’s name with reverence? Psalm 111:9 says,
“He sent redemption upon his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.”
God’s name must be highly revered above all others because Philippians 2:9-11 says it has been exalted above every other name. do you know that the way you call the name of Jesus indicates whether you have the fear of God or not? A wise person will call the name of Jesus with lots of fear and worship. If you call Him like you are calling a servant, if He answers at all, it will be out of mercy. Many of us cannot call God’s servants the way we call God. What an irony! Repent, and adjust today. Begin to attach honour, fear and reverence to His name.
Key point
When it comes to reverencing God and what He stands for, we can learn from the devotion of idol worshippers.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
[b]Sunday 20th October
Creative Miracle – 2
Memorise: For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Philippians 2:13
The God that we serve exists from eternity to eternity. He created the universe and the creatures in them and apportioned time for them. However this God does not exist in space and time. Whatever He had done before, He can do again as many times as He needs to. Hebrews 13:8 says,
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”
He heals instantly and He heals progressively, some healings are repairs and for those body parts that are beyond repairs, He replaces. According to your needs for healing, the Lord will visit you today! In John 9:1-7, the Lord gave the man who was born blind brand new eyes. That is a creative miracle! In Genesis 18:9-14, when Sarah’s womb was dead, He gave her a brand new womb. Take the example of the raising of the dead like that of Lazarus recorded in John 11:39-44. the truth is, for a dead man, everything in his body is dead and meant to decompose. So when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, it was more than Just bringing him back to life. He had to perform a lot of creative miracles in him – in his flesh that had decayed, in his blood that had turned black, in his brain that had melted. He recreated every part of him.
A young child developed a growth in the brain and she was taken to India for a brain surgery. But after the surgery, the child could not walk again. Her mother brought her to the camp during one of our programmes, and the Lord said somebody was getting a brand new brain. The Lord gave the girl a new brain. A lady who had many fibroids had her womb removed in the process of treatment. Later, she came for me to pray on the anointing oil she brought so that the Lord will give her another womb. She continued to rub her stomach with this, and God gave her a new womb and she had her baby. In the name of Jesus, receive your creative miracle now. That part of your body that is dead, I command it to be replaced. Every missing cell organ that is needed for you to live well is restored now in Jesus name.
Prayer point
Father, in my body, family, ministry, academics and finances, give me a creative miracle. Creative whatever is missing that I need.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
[b]Monday 21st October
Acquire wisdom
Memorise: Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Proverb 4:7
Besides fearing God, a divine midwife must also be wise. It is possible to work hard and not work smart. When there is an assignment to be done and there is not enough wisdom to do the work, it could be boring, laborious, take a longer time and bring about a lot of wastage and even injury. For instance, in Exodus 18:17-23, Moses who was highly anointed and very hardworking, did not work smart for lack of wisdom. God had to use his father-in-law to give him the wisdom he required, and from that moment, the work became easier and he could find sometime to rest and thereby prolong his life. Hard work is good but working smart is better. Many people who worked hard without working smart have had to die before their time.
Jethro was a wise man. He applied certain principles of doing work in other to achieve greater productivity at lesser costs. He was also ready to share these principles. There is nothing wrong with enrolling for leadership courses that will enhance your productivity. Some people will ask: what will they teach there? Is it not worldly wisdom? Thank God for the Bible, yet, there are certain principles that have been tried in secular businesses that will equally be beneficial in the Kingdom. To be on top, there is need to continue to improve your skills and knowledge. Try things a bit different for how you normally do them. You must be ready to accept change. In addition to secular seminars and training programmes, you can ask God for wisdom in a specific area. You can read up books on finance, savings and investments to boost your knowledge in that area. You can go on the internet to download information. We live in the information age and it will be most tragic to be without information during this age.
Key point
Every good and healthy knowledge you acquire can also be utilised in a beneficial way in God’s Kingdom.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
[b]Tuesday 22nd October
Communion helps you fly.
Memorise: He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
Beside sickness, diseases or poverty, another force that can hinder your flight is spiritual bondage. This happens when forces of darkness use demonic items and methods to hold a person down. In mark 5:1-20, the mad man that was arrested by demons could not leave the tomb. Whatever power that is holding you from flying is broken now. Every contrary spirit that is operating in your life, I speak to you: your time is up! Pack your load and go now is Jesus name!
Do you know that the sicknesses and diseases holding down the Israelites disappeared after partaking of the uncommon meal? Psalm 105:37 says,
“He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes”
With just one meal, sickness was gone. A nation was completely healed. With just one meal poverty disappeared. As a result of that meal, the debts that several generations of their fathers were owned by the Egyptians, the current generations of Egyptians were compelled to pay it. They ate one meal and spiritual bondage became a thing of the past. Those who had refused to let them go all these years suddenly became too impatient for them to stay one minute extra.
You too can take the communion and it will make you totally free right away – free from sickness and disease, poverty and spiritual bondage. However, after you have overcome the forces of bondage, you are expected to rise into the sky and fly. You do not fly on the ground. As long as you stay on the ground, you cannot fly. If you do, you will continue to bang your airplane against buildings, trees etc. many people want to be uplifted but they are not ready to put in more effort. If you apply only the effort of those on the ground, you will walk or at the best run like them. Come up today!
Key point:
The debt that your debtor could not pay can be recovered from his lineage by the power of the communion.
[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
[b]Wednesday 23rd October
A divine champion
Memorise: He raiseth up poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’S, and he hath set the world upon them.
After a contest, a winner emerges. Who is a champion? He is the winner of the contest, a victor, an overcomer. A champion is also the one who remains standing after the battle is over. When David fought Goliath, after the battle was over, Goliath laid down dead while David stood on top of him. The word divine one the other hand has to do with God, meaning it is God connected or related. Which God are we referring to? We are talking of the Most High God, the one who is higher that the highest, the Almighty, the God of all flesh the whom nothing is impossible (Psalm 91:1). He is the Lord of host, the God who has never lost a battle, the One who can bury His enemies alive (Psalm 24:7-10). People serve all kinds of gods including Satan, demons, men, animals, sports, food, etc. to have a connection with God of gods, you can only access Him through Jesus Christ.
Who is a divine champion? He is a champion that is raised by God. 1 Samuel 2:8 says,
“He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar for the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’S, and he hath set the world upon them.”
There is no helper or uplifter like God. A divine champion is the one who enjoys God’s support and who is strengthened by God (Romans 8:31). When God laid hands on Elijah in 1 Kings 18:46, he outran the chariots of Ahab by foot. Can the one on foot overtake horses? Physically this may not happen, but with God at your back, it will happen almost effortlessly. In every race facing you, you will have to decide how to run it – whether by your limited human strength or by God’s unlimited strength. To be a champion, you will have to also decide whether you want to be an ordinary champion or a divine champion. The latter is preferable. God is raising His champion these last days, will you be one of them? It is your choice.
Prayer Point
Father, let me be among your chosen divine champions for the last days.

[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
[b]Thursday 24th October
Honour God
Memorise: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
Proverbs 3:10

Ephesians 6:1-3 commands children not only to obey but also tor you’re their parents. If you known how to honour your daddy, that attitude will see you through certain storms of life. Not many believers know the full value of the giving of first fruits. Proverbs 3:8-9 says you should honour God, who is the Father of fathers with your first fruits. Many pastors know how to collect it but not how to give it. When the high priest was dressed in filthy garment and Satan was standing by his right hand to accuse him, who rescued him? It was God. The only individual who decides the winner or loser in any given battle is God. No wonder it was said in 1 Samuel 2:9 that we cannot prevail by physical strength. Remember that God is the One who gives dreams and also the One who can help you to realise them. If God is with you, it does not matter how many the opposing forces are; you shall prevail. This was why Joseph saw offending God as a great sin against God. One thing that keeps me from sinning is the punishment from man but from God.
Do you honour God with your first fruits? Your first salary on a new Job is your first fruits. So also is your first profit on a new business. It is also the difference between your old salary and the new salary when you are prompted or given a salary raise. Similarly, your salary in a particular year can be your first fruits. First fruits are to be paid 100%. In the case of a salary increase, if you received a raise from 50,000 to 75,000, you will be expected to pay tithe on the 50,000 formal salary, but you will also have to pay the 25,000 difference between both old and new salaries as your fruits. Do this and God will cause your storehouses to be filled with plenty.
Action point.
One obligation you owe God for being your creator and God is honour. To what extent are you honouring Him?
[/b]
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
[b]Friday 25th October
Exposing The crooked paths
Memorise: Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
Isaiah 40:4
According to John 3:19-21, the light of the Spirit not only exposes and destroys activities of the evil ones, but also manifests good deeds.
“But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought God.”
John 3:21
if you are living right and pleasing God, never be far from the light of the Spirit because it can put a seal of divine approval over your works. Such works will surely be rewarded by God. In other words, if you want to do the works that will not be burnt with fire on the last day, expose them to the light of the spirit as contained in the word of God. Any work you do that tallies with the dictates of God’s word will not go unrewarded. When your good works are approved by the light of the spirit, you may receive divine advertisement.
Moreover, the light or fire of the spirit not only exposes the serpent, but also kill realised he was just swelling up. Everywhere he went for healing, he could not find the cause of the problem. So one day, he went to a man of God for prayer and was told he had restitution to make. On futher probing, the man told the man of God that his wife died during child birth, and that the product of that delivery was a baby girl. The man grew to love her so much because she looked every inch like her mother. Eventually, when she grew older and got married, her husband began to beat her so the father took her mother. Eventually, when she grew older and got married, her husband began to beat her so the father took her away and hated the young son-in-law. By the time he came for prayers, the light of God by the spirit of God revealed it and said that if he does not forgive, he will not be healed. Initially, he was reluctant but later on, he went and apologised to the son-in-law and he received his healing. When the light of the spirit shines upon you, it will expose you to areas you need to resituate. It will show you the crooked paths to be straightened so that you can truly prepare for the return of Jesus Christ.
Key Point
For some ailments to go, restitution is the only medicine.
[/b]

Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
THE NEW MAN II – Monday April 11th 2016
Memorise: And that ye put on the new man, which after God created in righteousness and true holiness. Ephesians 4:24
Read: Ephesians 4:22-25, 22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Bible in one year, 1st Samuel 26-28, Proverbs 8:22-36
The Bible says;
“… they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.”
(Romans 8:5)

This us why there is a need to put on the new man. As our memory verse states, we must put on the new man created after God in righteousness and true holiness. This is made possible through our reliance on the grace made available by Jesus Christ the Son of the living God.
“The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such they also that are heavenly.”
1st Corinthians 15:47-48
To put on a new man, we must accept the Lord from heaven. The reason is that He is the One that can quicken our mortal bodies and transform them to the original image of God in us which has been altered by sin. When one encounters Jesus Christ, his or her testimony will be like that of the apostles when he wrote:
“I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
Galatians 2:20
Read More here
www.openheavensdaily.com
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
THE UNCHANGEABLE CHANGER – Tuesday April 12th 2016
Memorise: Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8
Read: Genesis 32:24-32, 24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
31 And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.
32 Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.
Bible in one year: 1st Samuel 29-31, Proverbs 9:1-12
One thing every man, especially a child of God must always remember is that our God is the unchangeable changer. In the Genesis account of the beginning we see how the Unchangeable Changer effected miraculous changes without Himself being changed.
“And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
Genesis 1:2-3
In Genesis 21, the Unchangeable Changer changed the unfruitful situation of Sarah to fruitfulness. He did the same in the case of Hannah in 1st Samuel 2, proving that what He did in the life of the father of faith, He could do in the life of his descendants also. This is why I know that someone using this devotional will encounter this Great Changer that cannot change. As He did for those who sought and called Him in the past, so will He do for you as you call upon Him today in Jesus’ name.
The Almighty God has changed numerous unpleasant situations for the better in the past. For example, He changed the slavery of the children of Israel to freedom (Exodus 13). Also, Jabez prayed that the Lord should change his situation for the better and the Unchangeable Changer heard him.
Read more here www.openheavensdaily.com

THE SOVEREIGN GOD – Wednesday April 13th 2016
Memorise: I am the Lord, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King. Isaiah 43:21
Read: Daniel 5:20-21, 20 But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him:
21 And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will.
Bible in one year: 2nd Samuel 1-2, Proverbs 9:13-10:7
After king Nebuchadnezzar was deposed from his kingly throne, his glory was taken away from him and he was disgraced to the point of eating grass like oxen, he came back to his senses to realise that the Most High God is the ultimate ruler in the kingdom of men. The problem with the king was that he got carried away with his achievements, thinking that they were the bye-products of his wisdom and physical power. This is the problem with many people like him through the ages. Any achievement that will not lead us back to the original Achiever could be very deadly. Jesus Christ spoke of a rich farmer who was boasting of his achievements in agriculture, only for his life to be taken away from him that same night.
“And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?”
Luke 12:19-20
Apostle James warned against being boastful without giving consideration to the sovereignty of God in James 4:13-15
“Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city. and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, if the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.”
It is presumptuous for someone who does not know whether he will survive the next day to commence planning a programme that will take place in six months time. It is only the Almighty God that has the power to will and to do. One can see the cause of the calamity that befell kings Pharaoh and Herod. In the case of King Herod, he took not only the glory that belonged to God but God’s sovereignty. The consequence was fatal because he was stricken by angel of the Lord and he was eaten up by worms immediately.
Re: Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... by WildChild00(m): 8:45pm On Apr 12, 2016
WHEN YOU NEED A MIRACLE – Thursday April 14th 2016
Memorise: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. Psalms 50:15
Read: 1st Samuel 1:9-13, 9 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the LORD.
10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore.
11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.
12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth.
13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.
Bible in one year: 2nd Samuel 3:1-5:16, Proverbs 10:8-21
There is one thing that a child of God needs to know and do when he or she needs a miracle. This is to call upon the Lord in prayer. What is a miracle and why do we need it? Simply explained, a miracle is the supernatural intervention of God in the affairs of men. This intervention basically alters the established laws of nature. At times, the devil manipulates some natural phenomena to deny human beings some basic things that make life pleasant. For example, when Jesus Christ was travelling in a ship with His disciples, the devil manipulated the wind against them so that they may suffer a shipwreck. The disciples went to Jesus Christ in the ship and cried for help. Matthew 8:26 says:
“And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great clam.”
Some so-called children of God are so hypocritical that, even in the presence of the Lord, they still pretend as if all is well, whereas they have unimaginable issues with their spiritual, physical, material and financial needs. In the case of the disciples, they cried to Him for help; they told Him exactly how they felt about the tempest. The danger of death was imminent and the disciples did not pretend as if nothing was wrong. So, Jesus Christ responded to their cry and stilled the storm. I pray that as you cry to the Lord today, He will not just hear but also respond to your cry in Jesus’ name. The storms in your life will miraculous cease today in Jesus’ name.
In our Bible reading for today, we see what one must do when he or she needs a miracle. Hannah needed a miracle, but from year to year she had been going casually to Shiloh until that wonderful year when she realised she needed to do what she had not been doing before; she offered fervent and heart-rending prayers. She prayed so hard that she lost her voice and Eli thought she was drunk. At times when I see how some of my children pray at our periodic meetings at the Redemption Camp in Nigeria, I rejoice because the tempo of their prayers signifies that they are people who need urgent miracles.

LET GOD HELP YOU I – Friday April 15th 2016
Memorise: if ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land. Isaiah 1:19
Read: Isaiah 1:18-20, 18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Bible in one year: 2nd Samuel 5:17-8:14, Proverbs 10:22-11:3
There is one great barrier that stands between man and God; this barrier is sin. For thousands of years, man has struggled to get rid of this barrier, but all to no avail. However, God Almighty, in His infinite mercy decided to help man remove this barrier. Right from the Old Testament days, God has been offering individuals the olive leaf of reconciliation, but unfortunately many people have not responded to this gesture of love.
“Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;”
Proverbs 1:24-26
This God that man blatantly sinned against in the Garden of Eden is the same God that is now inviting man back to His fellowship. He said:
“Come now, and let us reason together saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”
Isaiah 1:18
During the earthly mission of Jesus Christ, He still made this pronouncement of love;
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”
Matthew 11:28-29
read more here www.openheavensdaily.com

LET GOD HELP YOU II – Saturday April 16th 2016
Memorise: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up. John 3:14
Read: Numbers 21:7-9, 7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.
8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.
Bible in one year: 2nd Samuel 8:15-11:27, Proverbs 11:4-17
The coming of sin into the human race brought about a lot of calamity into human life. One of the calamities is sickness. As sin can be very contagious in effect, so can sickness too. The good news, however, is that the Almighty God is also ready to help the human race get over this. He promised the people He chose for Himself through their progenitor, Abraham, that He would spare them the agony of sickness and diseases:
“And the Lord will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all that hate thee.”
Deuteronomy 7:15
From time to time, the devil causes man to sin against God so that he may be destroyed by the One who created him, thus frustrating the divine love which God bestowed upon humankind. As if this is not enough, the devil goes ahead to deceive man not to accept the divine help that can rescue him from all his diseases. In the story we read in the Bible reading for today, the children of Israel sinned against the God of their fathers and God sent fiery serpents to kill them. After much plea by Moses, God decided to help them.

ABUNDANT BLESSINGS – Sunday April 17th 2016
Memorise: Blessing shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field. Deuteronomy 28:3
Read: Deuteronomy 28:1-2, 28 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
Bible in one year: 2nd Samuel 12-13, Proverbs 11:18-31
Jesus Christ said; “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33). In other words, there are abundant blessings in the kingdom of God. It goes without saying that there is wisdom in seeking to please God above all other ambitions. The Almighty God revealed the secret of abundant blessings of His people in today’s scriptural reading; abundant blessing is embedded in perfect obedience to the Word of God.

Many people think that the moment they become Kingdom seekers, they will enter into a world of penury. This is the deceit of the devil which has unfortunately been believed through the ages. The devil has succeeded in making many people believe that unless they serve him, they cannot make it in life. He even had the audacity to attempt deceiving Jesus Christ during the temptations in the wilderness, but our Lord defeated him (Luke 4:5-7).

Beloved, I want to announce to you that there are abundant blessings in our Lord Jesus Christ; my life is a living testimony of this. Before I gave my life to Christ, I used to borrow money from my own drive to fuel my car two weeks into a new month. It was when I gave my life to Christ that I began to know the true meaning of prosperity. Deuteronomy 8:18 says:
“But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.”

LESSONS FROM THE TRIUMPHANT ENTRY – Monday April 18th 2016
Memorise: Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest. Mark 11:10
Read: Matthew 21:1-9, 21 And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples,
2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.
3 And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them.
4 All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,
5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
6 And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them,
7 And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.
8 And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way.
9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
Bible in one year: 2nd Samuel 14-15, Proverbs 12:1-14
A lot of lessons can be deducted from the historic entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem. Right from verse two of our Bible text, we are exposed to revelations from the Lord’s actions. Jesus had not entered into the village, but He knew there was an ass tied; not alone but with its colt. We can see the omniscient attribute of Jesus Christ, like that of His Father. He said loose them, and bring them unto me. To soul winners, you are expected to loosen your converts before bringing them for the Master’s use. He said:
“And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.”
Mark 16:17-18

We are not supposed to dialogue with the devil and his cohorts; all we need is to exercise authority (Luke 10:19). Since all these are written for fulfilment, we have a date with destiny to fulfil our divine mandate. As missionaries and soul winners, we must endeavour to go after our entire household to win them for Christ. It was not the ass alone but also its colt. The disciples decorated the ass and its colt for the use of the Master. Before our converts can be useful for the Master, we must work on them through the teaching of the Word. The Bible says:
“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.”
2nd Timothy 4:2

Another lesson from the story of the triumphant entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem is the high praise of God through His beloved Son. Whoever will glorify God the Father must do that through the Son because God has given Him a Name that is above every other name.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flaws Definition Of God Exposes In Atheism / Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? / Life And Times Of Samuel Oshoffa, Founder Of Celestial Church Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 244
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.