Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,634 members, 7,816,612 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Sky News Reports SCOAN ( TB Joshua ) Faith Healing And HIV Sham in the UK - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sky News Reports SCOAN ( TB Joshua ) Faith Healing And HIV Sham in the UK (9364 Views)

Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians / "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? / A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sky News Reports SCOAN ( TB Joshua ) Faith Healing And HIV Sham in the UK by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2011
When Sky News approached me to get involved with its investigation into whether the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) was claiming it could cure HIV through prayer, I never expected to be left thinking that maybe God actually could cure my condition.

Even as a person living with HIV and with over eight years of working in an HIV environment, I never thought I would come across anyone - or any faith leader for that matter - who would claim to cure HIV.

After I had been to the SCOAN church, which through its website claims it can cure all illnesses including HIV, I was left confused and emotional.

I went to the church offices in Southwark and was told I needed to register first before a healing service could be conducted.

In order to register, I needed to take a letter of diagnosis showing the date, year and hospital where I was diagnosed.

I went back after a month with the letter of diagnosis. Before I registered, I watched videos showing people who claimed to have been cured of various illnesses, though I did not see anyone being cured of HIV.

I spent an hour-and-a-half in that room before I was told to sit in the reception area for another 30 minutes waiting to be interviewed.

Two ladies, one of African origin and one white lady, ended up speaking with me. During the interview, I was asked why I decided to go for healing, to which I responded that I was HIV positive.

I was told that I did the right thing to seek help and this was the beginning of my journey to being cured.

I was told if I had faith, everything would be fine and because of my faith, I would be cured of HIV. All I needed was to believe that the HIV in my body would go away.

When I asked how I would know whether I had been cured or not, I was told people respond differently, but "after you had been prayed for and anointed with holy water during the special Sunday service, you will experience some pains in your body or pass urine more frequently or have some diarrhoea".

"This should not alarm you because it means the HIV is coming out of your body," I was told.

After the initial interview I was then told to wait in the reception for another half-hour before I was taken to another room where I was interviewed for their TV broadcast.

In this room, there were prepared questions written on a white board and, with the guidance of the interviewer, I had to practice how to respond to the questions before the recording began.

I believe if I had gone ahead for the healing on Sunday this recording would have been used as a testimony for their services, because I was told they would do another recording after I had been cured.

Of the videos I watched, the conversations and interviews were very powerful and convincing, and left me with mixed emotions.

After I had been told I could be cured of HIV and not need any more treatment once I had been prayed for, I was shocked, angry and disappointed.

There was, however, part of me that wanted to believe it was true that HIV can be cured. This made me feel guilty because I felt like I had little faith.

I did this investigation because I know some of my friends died partly because they had stopped taking their HIV medication.

While I understand that faith and prayer play a significant part in the wellbeing of individuals, it should not be a substitute for any form of treatment - particularly for HIV.

Please watch full video here - VIDEO
Re: Sky News Reports SCOAN ( TB Joshua ) Faith Healing And HIV Sham in the UK by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2011
While I believe in divine healing, this is pure madness.

Forbidding medication is precisely why these fanatics malign the name of Christ.

Some of the HIV infected people are unrepentant homosexuals still living with their partners, others are deceived people who should know better , that the raw material for all medicine was made by God for our benefit.

Most likely the power of God is not present in such churches because they are shams and scam outfits to begin with.

To suggest otherwise is suicidal.

If your faith can carry you through good, but please do not endanger the lives of others.

6 people have died so far because of T.B Joshua's church in the UK for this particular incident.
Re: Sky News Reports SCOAN ( TB Joshua ) Faith Healing And HIV Sham in the UK by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 25, 2011
oossh! cool down, you are on too much heat
Re: Sky News Reports SCOAN ( TB Joshua ) Faith Healing And HIV Sham in the UK by plappville(f): 7:18am On Nov 26, 2011
How Christ like to fill plenty forms, wait hours and pass through interviews befor u get healed? The person might ve lost his faith all this while. It will be great if they get healed but not taking the drugs its too dangerous. TB shouldnt stop them from it.
Re: Sky News Reports SCOAN ( TB Joshua ) Faith Healing And HIV Sham in the UK by PA1982(f): 12:55pm On Jan 01, 2012
While I believe in divine healing, this is pure madness.

Forbidding medication is precisely why these fanatics malign the name of Christ.

Some of the HIV infected people are unrepentant homosexuals still living with their partners, others are deceived people who should know better , that the raw material for all medicine was made by God for our benefit.

Most likely the power of God is not present in such churches because they are shams and scam outfits to begin with.

To suggest otherwise is suicidal.

If your faith can carry you through good, but please do not endanger the lives of others.

6 people have died so far because of T.B Joshua's church in the UK for this particular incident.

I'm starting the New Year in agreement with frosbel. grin
My Mum is dying of cancer and has been scammed out of her home, her savings and any possibility of cure by a 'spiritual' charlatan's promises.
Re: Sky News Reports SCOAN ( TB Joshua ) Faith Healing And HIV Sham in the UK by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2012
Happy new year and nice to see we agree on at least this issue.

Sorry about your Mum's situation, unfortunately we are under a plague of false prophets and rogue miracle healers.

In the bible, when Jesus Christ or the disciples healed the sick ,it was always free and accompanied by a small sincere prayer.

You will be surprised that a simple prayer and dedication to God by your Mum is better than throwing money away to those thieves.

My Dad had pancreatic cancer almost 7-8 years ago, he is 90 and still going strong, he totally resents these false teachers , preachers and so called healers.

Our prayers are with you.

(1) (Reply)

How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church / What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? / Question: "How Can I Live A Holy Life?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.