Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

What is God's Point of Reference for Good? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What is God's Point of Reference for Good? (575 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / The Historicity Of The Books Of The Bible - Reference: Daniel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is God's Point of Reference for Good? by esere826: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
THE GOD, THE GOD

When you read the chapters of the creation, something stands out clearly
God on his own creating things and then seeing that it was good

This has got me thinking for many, many years
a kind of thinking that seems to escape many
..i'll explain
Re: What is God's Point of Reference for Good? by esere826: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
When God saw that something was good
what was his point of reference?

Is there a universal good that God was comparing the things he was creating to?
or was he the one defining good?
was he seeing that these things were good because they conformed to a sought of internal vision he has/had?
Re: What is God's Point of Reference for Good? by esere826: 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
i'll explain further

If i am to hold a pen and paper and create characters for a book
I could decide that some creatures that walked on all fours and had 3 eyes were the good and perfect guys
While those that had 2 legs, walked upright, and had 2 eyes were the bad guys. I could therefore design stories of good and bad around these.

On the other hand,
i could create my good and bad characters around what is already considered good and bad in the world i presently exist in
Re: What is God's Point of Reference for Good? by esere826: 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2013
A final food for thought

is there a universal beauty that all creatures ascibe to?
for example if a horse sees a girl that I consider beautiful, would it stare,
and if i see a horse that horses consider extremely attractive
would i say wow!! this is beautiful?

..just musing

(1) (Reply)

Writing Church Members Names On TITHE Envelop / Why Do God Need A Son / Speaking In Unknown Tongues (part 1).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.