Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (32689 Views)

NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors / FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by KDULAR: 6:57am On Sep 30, 2013
Sentiments aside, what is the rationale for paying resident doctors salaries when they are students ( PG) ? If you say they are the ones working on the patients more than the consultants is baseless, its even an indictment on these consultants that they don't work for their pay.

The fact that an abnormality had being in existence and is already institutionalized does not make it proper. Rather than insult someone who make a statement here, come forward convincingly with your argument.

There's no way you train for anything without practicing it so seeing patient is part of the learning. Infact the hospitals, the residents ( doctors, lab, pharmacists nurses etc) and their consultants are infact supposed to pay the patients for the use of their body as learning and teaching tools. Mind you some will come out to say it's only doctors that are residents, that is a lie peddled by their profession in order to make it seem they are the only ones that can do something and are supposed to take care of patients now use the CMDs to truncate other professions from having their residencies conducted in THs.

How many residents students of other health profession are recognized or allowed to train or even paid for their training? Yet they are in the TH working and contributing immensely to patients therapy, even when efforts are made to these patients deprived of their expertise by the CMD run THs yet they continue to do their jobs.

With all these strikes especially from the "noble" people I ask the difference between them and an average area boy or hyena who'll use all unintelligible means brute intimidation blackmail and noise as the case may be to get what he thinks he deserves but doesn't really.

The comparison with politicianspay really shows how disappointed they are to their high reasoning, you can never win any case with that line any where in the world. This also shows the driving force behind all these strikes mere Jealousy, an average doctor becomes easily intimidated when he sees another person of other profession vocation or business looking, sounding, smelling reasoning, and having better influence than him. It is inbuilt and the reason why these strikes will still occur 5 years from now even if government gives them all I mean All what they are agitating for now.

In all the strike is mindless and and the demands are just wrong.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by danny3089: 7:00am On Sep 30, 2013
Cele-pope:
It's obvious these various strike has now become a grand conspiracy to bring down the government of the day
...so any issue is 2 bringdown d govt of d day..i tire 4 nigerians..hv u read d reason 4 d strike...chai, stop politicising any issue..moreover, who forced him 2 b president..don't he knws d inherent troubles asso wit dat position

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by eluquenson(m): 7:04am On Sep 30, 2013
Strike has now become the weapon in this lubbish nation. I hope death toll won't rise.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Shinnings: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2013
na wa o. i just hope FG will avert this strike just lik dat of SSANU. if not only God knws ow many lives will be lost. FG play wise o
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by dhtml(m): 7:05am On Sep 30, 2013
@KDULAR, Either you are an ignorant person or you do not know what resident doctors actually do (or you are one of those badbelle health workers that is competing with doctors who are the leaders of the health-team whether you like it or not). Do you think teaching hospitals can run without resident doctors.
Aside training, do you realize that resident doctors virtually run all the THs and carry out most of the surgeries and all that?

#

END TIME TINZ

5 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 30, 2013
What is actually the motive of these pressure groups?? They're all trying to bring the government down....this is really annoying..the worst feeling is that i cant do anything about this... Walks out of thread angrily*

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by fagbalex(m): 7:07am On Sep 30, 2013
we all know that your Jonathan is not active. he's clueless and ineffective, even a small pikin can govern the country the way he's doing. your limit is 2015, that's when we will comot you and your folks.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by omenka(m): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2013
imsu.boi:
after, some retar.ds would come here and be screaming "fresh air"

angry angry

Then the president would crown it all up by saying it is politically motivated!

Fool cheered on by fools.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by ojimbo(m): 7:14am On Sep 30, 2013
It pains me alot, that we nigerians are not helping matters at all, why will all this so called wicked politicians uses us to archieved thier goal, why cant we leave the president alone, are we not the government, lets form the habbit of been positive and usefull to our country than being to stupid and ignorant, My Excellency, it is unfortunate that am not in the politics, but with my knowledge, i can testify of what and what is going on, the lord is with you, keep your good works going, fighting of corruption startes from one day and by one person, but i pray that many will join you to fight corruption too, i love you
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Kitpaul: 7:16am On Sep 30, 2013
"WHY SHOULD A STATE UNIVERSITY LECTURERS GO ON STRIKE FOR A FEDERAL PROBLEM, says JONATHAN

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday night described the strike embark by the University lecturers as unfortunate, declaring that the action has serious political undertone.

Answering questions during the Presidential Media Chat last night as part of the programmes, marking the 53rd Independence Anniversary of Nigeria, Jonathan said “Why should a state university lecturer go on strike for a federal problem?, the president queried.

See more @ http://www.liveschoolnews.com/why-should-a-state-university-lecturers-go-on-strike-for-a-federal-problem-says-jonathan/
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by jmaine: 7:21am On Sep 30, 2013
fagbalex: we all know that your Jonathan is not active. he's clueless and ineffective, even a small pikin can govern the country the way he's doing. your limit is 2015, that's when we will comot you and your folks.

Guess a small pikin like you ?. . . .
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by ojimbo(m): 7:22am On Sep 30, 2013
Our problem is ignorant and foolishness, who cares if they want to resign, why cant we help this country for once, always creating issues just to criticise the president, leave the innocent man alone so that he will lead us well, i hate nigerians

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by jayblinx(m): 7:28am On Sep 30, 2013
imsu.boi:
after, some retar.ds would come here and be screaming "fresh air"

angry angry
boss..ure so full of shit..wat do u think u can ahieve as a president...critics lyk u are destructive...we dont nid u in nigeria...go and get a life

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by ACM10: 7:30am On Sep 30, 2013
It is only in Nigeria that people argues that resident doctors should not be paid on the premise of being students. Can someone mention any country in the world that does not pay its resident doctors. This is embarrassing! Medicine is the only profession where you are student for life. Even the consultants learn everyday. A lot of things are at stake in the management of human beings that no one dare claim mastery. Medicine is an ever evolving course. A doctor must read and research continuously to catch up. Politicians are not as daft as many Nigerians. They knows the importance of resident doctors. The issue of whether resident doctors should receive paychecks at all should not come up.

5 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by jayblinx(m): 7:31am On Sep 30, 2013
Nurry:

Maybe if the government of the day had handled issues properly, there wouldn't be a need to strike
and mayb if the previous leaders had averted it...they wouldnt av to suffer dis in their regime
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by pbling: 7:32am On Sep 30, 2013
y 1st?started 53 yrs wt strike again
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Blckb3ard(m): 7:35am On Sep 30, 2013
Imagine dz kain tin #chews chewing stick#
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by obiokey2001: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2013
NMA has postponed strike by 4wks to enable FG committee to work. I thought ARD should key in and meet the committee.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by lexrichy(m): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2013
yea now more people will patronize my private hospital.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Dodfather(m): 7:53am On Sep 30, 2013
It is pathetic how many Nigerians reason.
The big questions are;
what has the government done on IPPS since ultimatum given by NARD.
Are Nigerians aware that some Doctors have not been paid for months while some had theirs slashed.
Does government yield to any other thing besides strike action.
Is there any country in the world where residents are not paid.
It aches my heart that it is the poor populace that will bear the brunt of this strike action but a sensitive government would have averted this because it is only a healthy nation that can be productive.

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Chinwem(f): 7:57am On Sep 30, 2013
firedup: meanwhile,nard -are they not post garduate students? how come they are paid? is it not them that should pay fg school fees for using the hospital and patients as a practising tool(lab animals)?
now why are they complaining when ippis have exposed that they work as residents(pg students) in one Fg hospital and also m.o(medical officer) in another fg hospital and also working inalary private hospitals thereby collecting salary triple which is against the law.
u guys should just leave Gej alone

They are fully qualified doctors you ****!!!!!

If you claim they are students who need to pay fees, send them for lectures then

Send them to simulated tutorial, let them use mannequins to learn

And see whether the house officers will not use you as guinea pig.

I m not endorsing the strike but a worker deserves his pay

Mind you, in the medical profession, 'everybody' is a perpetual student otherwise your patient is in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Policewoman(f): 7:58am On Sep 30, 2013
Let me switch to my native doctor then. tongue
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by kennypashie(m): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2013
wa give problem 4 dis country
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2013
KDULAR: Sentiments aside, what is the rationale for paying resident doctors salaries when they are students ( PG) ? If you say they are the ones working on the patients more than the consultants is baseless, its even an indictment on these consultants that they don't work for their pay.

The fact that an abnormality had being in existence and is already institutionalized does not make it proper. Rather than insult someone who make a statement here, come forward convincingly with your argument.

There's no way you train for anything without practicing it so seeing patient is part of the learning. Infact the hospitals, the residents ( doctors, lab, pharmacists nurses etc) and their consultants are infact supposed to pay the patients for the use of their body as learning and teaching tools. Mind you some will come out to say it's only doctors that are residents, that is a lie peddled by their profession in order to make it seem they are the only ones that can do something and are supposed to take care of patients now use the CMDs to truncate other professions from having their residencies conducted in THs.

How many residents students of other health profession are recognized or allowed to train or even paid for their training? Yet they are in the TH working and contributing immensely to patients therapy, even when efforts are made to these patients deprived of their expertise by the CMD run THs yet they continue to do their jobs.

With all these strikes especially from the "noble" people I ask the difference between them and an average area boy or hyena who'll use all unintelligible means brute intimidation blackmail and noise as the case may be to get what he thinks he deserves but doesn't really.

The comparison with politicianspay really shows how disappointed they are to their high reasoning, you can never win any case with that line any where in the world. This also shows the driving force behind all these strikes mere Jealousy, an average doctor becomes easily intimidated when he sees another person of other profession vocation or business looking, sounding, smelling reasoning, and having better influence than him. It is inbuilt and the reason why these strikes will still occur 5 years from now even if government gives them all I mean All what they are agitating for now.

Don't be daft son undecided

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 30, 2013
KDULAR: Sentiments aside, what is the rationale for paying resident doctors salaries when they are students ( PG) ? If you say they are the ones working on the patients more than the consultants is baseless, its even an indictment on these consultants that they don't work for their pay.

Spoken like a really daft person

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by deenee: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2013
@ texazzpette, there is not need to be abusive. You don't see me throwing abusive tantrums in any of my posts, do you?

More so, there is no where in the post where I have categorically used the word "ALL" hence you assertion of me stereotyping doctors is incorrect.

Please read through my post again. There is a huge difference a private practice and setting up a private clinic.

The term that I have used: "private practice" connotes the provision of health services outside the public sector apparatus and for a higher fee and not necessarily within the confines of a clinic in such a manner that it overrides public interest and also creating income leakage for the government.

Examples include a RD that converts one or two rooms in his apartment to a makes shift clinic for patients.

In all sincerity, doctors that have private clinics or engage in private practice can as well focus fully on their private endeavors. Abroad, hardly, would you see public sector doctors engaging in private practice. They are either with the govt or fully engrossed in private practice.

Finally, I will suggest that you take time to read through comments before replying. Doing the opposite will only allow people to have a dim first impression of you as a person.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Kcinho(m): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2013
firedup: meanwhile,nard -are they not post garduate students? how come they are paid? is it not them that should pay fg school fees for using the hospital and patients as a practising tool(lab animals)?
now why are they complaining when ippis have exposed that they work as residents(pg students) in one Fg hospital and also m.o(medical officer) in another fg hospital and also working inalary private hospitals thereby collecting salary triple which is against the law.
u guys should just leave Gej alone
Obviously you are ignorant of the fact that they run the hospitals while the consultants teach and at the same time supervise. Without them the tertiary institutions will be in serious trouble. And the house officers are part of ARD.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by otokx(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2013
Shinnings: na wa o. i just hope FG will avert this strike just lik dat of SSANU. if not only God knws ow many lives will be lost. FG play wise o

SSANU strike is not averted.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by otokx(m): 8:11am On Sep 30, 2013
ojimbo: It pains me alot, that we nigerians are not helping matters at all, why will all this so called wicked politicians uses us to archieved thier goal, why cant we leave the president alone, are we not the government, lets form the habbit of been positive and usefull to our country than being to stupid and ignorant, My Excellency, it is unfortunate that am not in the politics, but with my knowledge, i can testify of what and what is going on, the lord is with you, keep your good works going, fighting of corruption startes from one day and by one person, but i pray that many will join you to fight corruption too, i love you

GEJ should stop running the country on the pages of newspaper. He should take a stand and tell us why and how. If he has no business with state universities then what about federal? This new rubbish of saying everything is political is very wrong.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by shobroy(m): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2013
If person talk say make we no blame mr president thunder go fire the person na only him go first lead and A̶̲̥̅♏ sure back den when he was a class rep his books and pens go dey strike during test and exam
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by shobroy(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2013
This atmosphere just dey blow acidic vapour no more fresh air

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue / Profiling Nigerians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease / Impact Of Masturbation On Fertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.