Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

How Can Farmers Get Goverment Approved Loans. - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / How Can Farmers Get Goverment Approved Loans. (1033 Views)

Western Union Bug 2013 Is Working Ooo. Goverment Father / Western Union Bug 2013 Is Working Ooo Naija's. Bleep The Goverment / Registered Members Of Cocoa Producers/farmers Association Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Farmers Get Goverment Approved Loans. by pman06(m): 8:27am On Sep 30, 2013
This is one big question i'v been hoping to find an answer to. There are quite alot of individuals with high interest in farming, good feasibility plans, and experience to show for it, but doesn't have the capital to start up. If there are any individuals in the forum who can shed light on how individuals can get this goverment acclaimed grants/loans for farmers, it will be highly appreciated.
Re: How Can Farmers Get Goverment Approved Loans. by Infomizer(m): 9:03am On Sep 30, 2013
If you are sure you are a farmer, go and open an account with the nearest Bank of Agriculture to you and run it for some months. I think you'll be able to apply for a loan that you can use specifically for farming. You'll get more gist from the bank guys tho. You can also join a farmer's cooperative. I do hope this helps.
Re: How Can Farmers Get Goverment Approved Loans. by pman06(m): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2013
Infomizer: If you are sure you are a farmer, go and open an account with the nearest Bank of Agriculture to you and run it for some months. I think you'll be able to apply for a loan that you can use specifically for farming. You'll get more gist from the bank guys tho. You can also join a farmer's cooperative. I do hope this helps.

Thats a nice idea. But is it that one has to join some government recognized bodies or organisations to get this loans? I think goverment grants will yield low interest to commercial banks, although i dont know if this is true or not.
Re: How Can Farmers Get Goverment Approved Loans. by Infomizer(m): 7:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
pman06:

Thats a nice idea. But is it that one has to join some government recognized bodies or organisations to get this loans? I think goverment grants will yield low interest to commercial banks, although i dont know if this is true or not.
Joining would make the whole thing easier, tho you would have to prove your mettle as a member of any organisation before they can have your back (that's the normal thing but we know the kinda society we've got). Either way, don't expect to get the loan swiftly and bear in mind that having experience is vital. A practicing farmer has higher chances than a newbie. You are also right about the interest rates which are quite reasonable (say 12% per year or per harvest) and you've got the good old moratorium. Are you a crop producer or into animal husbandry?
Re: How Can Farmers Get Goverment Approved Loans. by pman06(m): 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
Crop production actually. If you ask me, going to the commercial banks seems to be the ideal way to go about. If only things are alot easier and funds easier for farmers to access, then this country would have been alot better.

(1) (Reply)

Distributors Wanted For Packaged Shea Butter Products / Your Search Ends Here / For Those Interested In Pure Water Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.