Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja (11723 Views)

Sharepoint Study Group Anyone? / Hyper-v Deployment : Support, Study Group, Contracts / Looking For Repair And Maintenance Person For Photocopier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by jjjkkkooo: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2013
Hello, i m trying to form a vmware study group in Abuja for people who wants to learn vmware on their own. No teacher, no student, we just study together, practise and perfect our skills. Interested persons can text me on 08180309636.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by okesuku: 10:36am On Sep 30, 2013
Hi. i am interested, but I want to know if u have the servers to do the study. though I have some experience using vmware on server environments but would love to join and benefit from it. its a good initiative.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
I have vast experience in using ALL vmware proucts - Workstation, Esxi, vcenter, cloud director, SRM and others. I have also built a home Lab for practice and planing to sit for the VCP exam.If you need any help please let me know .. I will be happy to help.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by jjjkkkooo: 6:23am On Oct 02, 2013
Mellorix: I have vast experience in using ALL vmware proucts - Workstation, Esxi, vcenter, cloud director, SRM and others. I have also built a home Lab for practice and planing to sit for the VCP exam.If you need any help please let me know .. I will be happy to help.
Could u text me ur contact so I can reach you.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 11:01am On Oct 02, 2013
Drop your email address here , i will email you..
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by oscarvicto(m): 11:32am On Oct 02, 2013
Please email me at okaforinchrist@yahoo.com. Am very interested@ melroxx
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by jjjkkkooo: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
My email is niyioke2000@yahoo.com
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
ok my email is mellorix2008@gmail.com you can ask me any question here.. Cheeers guys!
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Gabrielclint(m): 6:32am On Oct 04, 2013
pls this is also my email adress,wuld like to get in tourch wt u..i use workstation,,gabrielclint2020@yahoo.com
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 9:34am On Oct 04, 2013
I think it will be beter we ask all questions here so others can benefit from it - If you have any questions relating to Vmware - please ask here ild be happy to help (thats if i know the answers though hehehe). Cheers guys..
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
Wow. I was about to post something similar and i found this one. I am in the Uk and wont mind joining you guys if you can do it online using Google hangout. I am currently doing one with server 2012 using google hangout but i keep getting the urge to do something on Vmware. I have my own lab at home and we can learn Data Centre Virtualization with mine if we need to do labs and no one has thier own lab

Let me know if you guys are up for it.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 12:16am On Dec 28, 2013
Hey Sky-walker, welcome - where are u in the UK and hows your Server 2012 studying going - i wrote my exams 5 months ago 70-417. hope your studying is going well..
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mellorix: Hey Sky-walker, welcome - where are u in the UK and hows your Server 2012 studying going - i wrote my exams 5 months ago 70-417. hope your studying is going well..

Going alright. I am preparing for the 70-411. I never had the 2008 certification. I currently work with Microsoft servers at work so the 70-411 is easy. I just need to go through it with other guys to understand it better and with group study, we do bring our experience from the work place into the group study.

I am in the Portsmouth area. Are you in the UK too?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
Mellorix: I have vast experience in using ALL vmware proucts - Workstation, Esxi, vcenter, cloud director, SRM and others. I have also built a home Lab for practice and planing to sit for the VCP exam.If you need any help please let me know .. I will be happy to help.

I was wondering if you could go though cloud director and SRM using your lab ?I just want to see the real hand on lab using this product. Will that be possible? We can use Google handout and anyone interested can join also.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
Sorry for the late reply ! and yes i can do all you mentioned with my laB. I have a DR site and a production site - i bought a barebone desktop of 32GB RAM - so working with Vmware is smooth and nice. (Check for Shuttle XPC barebones) they are alittle cheap in the UK

I am currently running 4 hosts (18 VMs) on the production site and 2 Hots(7) VM on the DR site. I have 2 vcenter servers,SRM etc!

You could let me know if you need any help.

(Note - i am running all these in a nested environment - (That is ESXI inside Vmware workstation)
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mellorix: Sorry for the late reply ! and yes i can do all you mentioned with my laB. I have a DR site and a production site - i bought a barebone desktop of 32GB RAM - so working with Vmware is smooth and nice. (Check for Shuttle XPC barebones) they are alittle cheap in the UK

I am currently running 4 hosts (18 VMs) on the production site and 2 Hots(7) VM on the DR site. I have 2 vcenter servers,SRM etc!

You could let me know if you need any help.

(Note - i am running all these in a nested environment - (That is ESXI inside Vmware workstation)

Oh, you mean your primary site and recovery site are all from one physical server? Would like to know how you set that up. I have a server for my lab too but just with 16gb cry but i am sure could do the trick) but i installed ESXI directly on it. I really w ant to test Vmotion but i have not had the chance since i have just one server. Is there a link to your setup which i c an use. Also how did you get the license for Vmware SRM and Vsphere essentials. I have using trials . Are you running all the host from one single physical server?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mellorix: Sorry for the late reply ! and yes i can do all you mentioned with my laB. I have a DR site and a production site - i bought a barebone desktop of 32GB RAM - so working with Vmware is smooth and nice. (Check for Shuttle XPC barebones) they are alittle cheap in the UK

Wow. Are they servers? never heard of them before. just checking online for it. Do they make noise. Mine is a full server and its makes noise and consume a lot of power. Are they pretty fast?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
Well.. i call them work stations ! (Very silent) consumes not much electricity.. I have 4T hard Disk (Planing to buy SSDs though) .
I have my SAN and NAS as VSAs. (That is HP VSA appliance) . - Have a look at that.

What Hardware are you using?

I guess your servers willl be really expensive init? the below are what i put together (it can take 32GB)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shuttle-SH67H3-XPC-Case-Black/dp/B004UC4HCG

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Generation-i5-3570K-3-40GHz-Technology/dp/B007RUZKK6/ref=pd_bxgy_computers_text_z
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mellorix: Well.. i call them work stations ! (Very silent) consumes not much electricity.. I have 4T hard Disk (Planing to buy SSDs though) .
I have my SAN and NAS as VSAs. (That is HP VSA appliance) . - Have a look at that.

What Hardware are you using?

I guess your servers willl be really expensive init? the below are what i put together (it can take 32GB)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shuttle-SH67H3-XPC-Case-Black/dp/B004UC4HCG

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Generation-i5-3570K-3-40GHz-Technology/dp/B007RUZKK6/ref=pd_bxgy_computers_text_z

I have a HP blade server at home (lol).Just spoke with a friend of mine and he said i can configure a nested virtualization on it also so i think i am good with my hardware now. Not really expensive. got it off ebay for about £280.Its what i am using to run my Microsoft labs.
Are you in the Uk? will it be okay if we run a google hangout session so you we can have some lab study?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 10:41am On Jan 06, 2014
yes im in the Basingstoke ..! we could google hangout mayb weekend because i am on a contract away from home ATM. so i am connecting to my home lab via Teamviewer. - However . you could PM your email or any details and i will contact you..
Cheers!
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 11:07am On Jan 06, 2014
Mellorix: yes im in the Basingstoke ..! we could google hangout mayb weekend because i am on a contract away from home ATM. so i am connecting to my home lab via Teamviewer. - However . you could PM your email or any details and i will contact you..
Cheers!

Basingstoke? thats not that far from me. I stay in portsmouth. I will PM you. So you are a contractor? hmmm. You guys are the money making machines of UK.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
Well i just concluded my MCSA certification.(not planning to go toward MCSE). and have done VCP-DCV. planning to study for my VCAP-DCV but not really ready for it till maybe like december.

would be nice if we can bring this topic back alive and share our knowledge here
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2014
oh that's great to hear! What was the cost of your VCP? Did you go to an accredited training center for it? @skywalker5
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 10:41am On Aug 31, 2014
Mellorix: oh that's great to hear! What was the cost of your VCP? Did you go to an accredited training center for it? @skywalker5

I used Stanly community college. they have an online training course
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 11:10am On Aug 31, 2014
Oh great! I am planing to revamp my citrix skills. I just found out that more and more coys in Nigeria use Citrix.

Anyways - Next step for me in terms of Vmware is Vcloud Director and enhance my SRM skills. Have you already looked in to these?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2014
Skywalker5:

I used Stanly community college. they have an online training course

What is the cost of the course?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
Mellorix:

What is the cost of the course?

Less than £200. Cant remember the exact amount
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
Skywalker5:

Less than £200. Cant remember the exact amount

Less than £200 for accredited VMware course? Hmmmm are they recognised by VMware?
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
Mellorix:

Less than £200 for accredited VMware course? Hmmmm are they recognised by VMware?

Yeap. I got the deal through a friend. Its online course which is why it cheaper than classroom training. I got the confirmation from vmware when i was done.
I was not interested in the training as i have been working with ESXI for a while. Just breeze through it and got my exam voucher.
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Mellorix: 11:45am On Sep 01, 2014
Skywalker5:

Yeap. I got the deal through a friend. Its online course which is why it cheaper than classroom training. I got the confirmation from vmware when i was done.
I was not interested in the training as i have been working with ESXI for a while. Just breeze through it and got my exam voucher.

OH WOW! "information is power" . lol oh well and i paid over £2,000 for mine excluding exam lol .
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
Mellorix:

OH WOW! "information is power" . lol oh well and i paid over £2,000 for mine excluding exam lol .

Yea i thought about it because the VCP5-DCV training wont be that beneficial to me since i have been using ESXI at work for a while and i used Train-signal.I even found those lab manuals on-line so i was able to practice it all at home.

I intend to go for the VCAP5-DCV training in London and that involves deep troubleshooting and advanced configuration but i am trying to relax a bit now. I recently just changed job and it was due to all the certifications i did that gave me the advantage.The guys were impressed that i did all the training and exams without the support of my previous employer.

Also did you do the VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud and VCA-WM when VMware launched it? It was free training and exam for the first three month and 50% off in January. I know its a basic certification but not bad having it on your list of acquired Certs
Re: Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja by Skywalker5(m): 9:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
@Mellorix

Do you have the power-shell scripts (break/verify scripts) for VSphere troubleshooting manual ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? / Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. / USA Used HP Probook X360 11 G2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.