Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors (20338 Views)

The Nigeria I Handed Over To Buhari Was The Biggest Economy In Africa – jonathan / RRS Patrol Vehicles Stationed In Strategic Points Across Lagos (photos) / Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by siino(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus: That day has finally come. Power privatization is now complete.

GEJ has finally handed over PHCN to strategic core investors

I praise God for this glorious day!

This is a new dawn for Nigeria!

God bless GEJ!

God Bless Nigeria!

wats so glorious about 2day, same thing has happen b4, when OBJ privatized NEPA to PHCN wat happen it got worse, and I don't see any new development in dis except high rate of bills and same old epileptic power supply!
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Ukutsgp(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
I hope we will enjoy light now. No more more gen or candle and fake light bill.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
blink182: do you know phcn workers are currently on strike? They went to work this morning but were returned home. Why did the government not pay everyone off before doing this.

It is the political PHCN that is on strike! Just like political ASUU! grin
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by pbling: 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
let's c if dere ll b changes 4rm nw til dec
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
siino: wats so glorious about 2day, same thing has happen b4, when OBJ privatized NEPA to PHCN wat happen it got worse, and I don't any new development in dis except high rate of bills and same old epileptic power supply!

OBJ privatized NEPA to PHCN? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by chuksmad(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
blink182: do you know phcn workers are currently on strike? They went to work this morning but were returned home. Why did the government not pay everyone off before doing this.

How can phcn that has been handed over to private investors goes on strike? ThankGod for the fresh air GEJ government is giving us. Who will believe that this government will achieve this feat within this short period. Every other predecessor government were just paying lip services and the massive corruption continued in power sector, until the coming of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
We shall vote for him to continue the real transformation. Thank you

5 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by orlanmagic: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
This is good news and my people in the city, "Prepare for the real per second billing cool"
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Zenimart: just shut up and act as though u didn't see the news. If we hear bad news, na so we go dey bad mouth fg. If nah gud news nko, una go still doubt. A man u and i know stole $16b meant 4 power and nobody heard a hoot 4rm u. If past admins were half as comitted as the current admin is, power issue would have been a thing of the past in naija.
I am not shouting Sai gej just because phcn were privatized.
I will scream sai gej when i start having uninterrupted power supply.
Deal with it or back off!
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
They just brought my power back on now. So the news that they are on strike is actually fake. Scam news from detractors as usual! Just like the one below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1459557/apc-mega-scam-length-enemies
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by mkoabiola: 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
D corruption maron will stil heat up privatization .
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by phil5(m): 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
What's the full meaning of ems? pls
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by taharqa: 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
otokx: There is still no electricity in UNIPORT and ALUU as we speak.
Hehehehehe..... You again?? grin

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Beync(f): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Good news
In fact phcn should go with their scam bills
Imaging whether or not phcn supply light u still have to pay bills. This has to stop for good.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by taharqa: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
siino: wats so glorious about 2day, same thing has happen b4, when OBJ privatized NEPA to PHCN wat happen it got worse, and I don't see any new development in dis except high rate of bills and same old epileptic power supply!
Olodo.... Everybody must not comment

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by lazbay(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
mustybrown: my dad hav serve that company 4 over 13 years and not even single dime was given to him as pay off. So shot up

Pls ask ur dad well b4 d money finish. Its like he don use d money go marry anoda wife somewhere. I'm serious. Pls confront him quick b4 he take d money phuck toto finish o. because my friends in NEPA are either fixing their own money or buying treasury bills.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Beync(f): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
@siino obj did not privatise nepa
Wat happened was a change of brand name to phcn but the content remained the same.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Originalsly: 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
No doubt...the supply of electricity would be uninterrupted...the current and voltage steady and one will be able to plan without fear of blackouts.The beauty of privatization is efficiency..... the priority and sole goal of a private company is profit. For those shouting it is a good thing think again. Did the FG put a cap on the tariff they can charge for electricity? I can guarantee you that at the end of the month your rate would be at least double at the beginning and every few months there would be a steep increase for one reason or other....I hope you can afford it.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Guk: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
Frank-C:

Why exactly should a normal Nigerian be bitter at the news of FG handover of PHCN to private inverstors after a more than 90% succesful privatisation process? I don't just get it. This PHCN strike you are talking about, will there really still be PHCN by the time it starts on October 2?

I think it will be better if you share exactly why you are not happy at this news to the extent of attempting to douse the implication. After the handover today, the successor companies will kick in to restructure the DISCOs and GENCOs for more efficient service delivery and I think that should be more important to any one that wishes Nigeria well.

For the sake of information, PHCN as we know it is functionally dead. They are being officially sent packing today and the corporate entity called PHCN will disappear after Mr President's handover. When that happens, EMS will be pronouced on the advice of NERC to the Minister of Power and their (EMS) job will be majorly the certification of electricity equipments among other ancilliary support services, no more a main service. The implication is that SON may not just be incharge of the certification of for example, the electric cables anymore but EMS.

To understand exactly where we are in this privatization landscape, please, hear from the Minister here:
http://leadership.ng/news/110913/phcn-ceases-exist-few-weeks-nebo

If you can purchase researched works like the below, you will understand better what you are dealing with here. This is not just a goat meat pepper soup issue, but a very complex, well thought out policy that is so far recording almost 100% success. Now, let me state that non payment of few of the old PHCN workers as at today could reduce the success margin by not more than 5%, and a 95% success in power sector transformation target by any government any where in the world is a huge record.
http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Pages/item.aspx?num=43266

The success of all the story above depends on a strong regulatory body. I have not heard FG assure us of any form of customer protection moreso when they looked the other way when Meter Maintenance charge rose from =N=250 per month to =N=750 per month. Where on earth do you slam consumers that % difference & it is collected whether you are supplied electricity or not....thats the impunity in Nigeria for an equipment that you pay for life but never own. I think, judging by the buyers, we are in for some serious oppression. I wish to be proven wrong
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Deiok(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
lazbay:

Pls ask ur dad well b4 d money finish. Its like he don use d money go marry anoda wife somewhere. I'm serious. Pls confront him quick b4 he take d money phuck toto finish o. because my friends in NEPA are either fixing their own money or buying treasury bills.
your friends in Nepa huh?. angry
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
I beseech Allah to make It a source of a better & prosperous Nigeria.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Littlehooper: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
IS ONLY IGBO PEOPLE THAT IS COMMENDING GEJ... EVEN SMALL CHILDREN KNOWS THAT GEJ IS NOT IMPRESSING..
GEJ TENURE:
STRIKE
TERRORISM
N SOME USELESS PEOPLES IS SHOUTING GOD BLESS GEJ...
GEJ WILL BE SERIOUSLY CRITICISE AFTER HIS TENURE IN OFFICE....
I TRUST OBJ, THIS BOKOHARAM ISSUE IS NOTHING BEFORE HIM WITH THE HELP OF GOD
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by XVIER(m): 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
WHY WILL FG HANDOVER THE CERTIFICATE TO SUCCESSOR COMPANY WITHOUT PAYING ALL PHCN WORKERS THEIR SEVERANCE PAYMENT THATS UNFAIR THEY SERVED THIS COUNTRY EVEN IF THEY ARE CORRUPT. ANYONE THAT THINKS THAT EVEN IN HIS/HER SMALL OFFICE HE/SHE IS NOT CORRUPT SHOULD COAT ME WRONG EVEN FG THEMSELVES ARE CORRUPT AND THIEVES. YOU GUYZ WILL PRAISE THE FG NOW ABI? HAVE YOU GUYZ ASKED THE FG THAT THE MONEY THEY REALISED FROM THE PRIVATIZATION WHAT DID THEY USE IT FOR? AND STILL YET WE CAN'T BOAST OF OUR ECONOMY. THIS IS MY CONCLUSION FG PLS PAY PHCN WORKERS WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR OF ANY MASSACRE IN THIS COUNTRY. GOD BLESS NIGERIANS. THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Walert(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
[quote author=siino] wats so glorious about 2day, same thing has happen b4, when OBJ privatized NEPA to PHCN wat happen it got worse, and I don't see any new development in dis except high rate of bills and same old epileptic power supply![/quote
Dindinrin agba.I doubt if you are a nigerian at all.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Mexyz(m): 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
@littehooper, SOME USELESS PEOPLES IS SHOUTING GOD BLESS GEJ...Hmmm, wen i asked u to concentrate on ur studies, u thought i was nt in d right position to tel u wat to do. See ur life? Jst luk at d way u re disgracn urself wit ds horrible english..up GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by benjosh(m): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus:

What is glorious about it is that it shuts up ignoramus and haters like you. Did any PHCN worker tell you they were not paid? Yeye carrot! grin

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by blackorpheus(m): 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lets be honest. Privatisation is a bad thing. Its a sign the Government has failed!

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by EmperorSeal(m): 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus:

What is glorious about it is that it shuts up ignoramus and haters like you. Did any PHCN worker tell you they were not paid? Yeye carrot! grin
yeye carrot indeed
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by lazbay(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Deiok: your friends in Nepa huh?. angry
Yes my friends in NEPA. As far as I'm concerned, NEPA or PHCN represents inefficiency.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Dagoma: 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
maxwello.yg:
And how will this make PHCN or NEPA restore power to my house about right now?
undecided
my phone battery is bleeping low.
Make i go put gen jawe

I'm wondering too.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by cherish(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
So wats going †Φ happen †Φ unpaid bil now
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by atlwireles: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus:

OBJ privatized NEPA to PHCN? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin

That shows you, the kind of people we are dealing with in this country. Jonah talked about ignorance yesterday. That is the biggest problem in Nigeria. IGNORANCE, simple, pure, unadulterated ignorance. angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting / Recession: Obiano Announces Stimulus Package, Tax Cuts / Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.