Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,413 members, 7,830,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President (2725 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / I Won't Insult The President Again BUT I Will Speak The Truth / Did Achebe Actually Insult The Yorubas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by omenka(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Your suggestion would make more sense if all Nigerians relocate to Pyongyang. Ode!

2 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by ba7man(m): 5:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
What if the President acts like a jackass??

Do we keep kissing his ar5e, praising him and screaming fresh air??

Respect is earned not demanded.

5 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 6:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
How many of will have the guts to say these things if the military is still in power. There is a limit to every right if not the society will descend into anarchy.

1 Like

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by manmade(m): 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
I can't wait to see that law been pass by NASS so I can go for the heads of Demdaft,eguerillas ,pataki and others
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Demdem(m): 9:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Foolish thread. Nonsense poster.
Enact a law to protect Jonathan.
What a stupid idea.

3 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
Demdem: Foolish thread. Nonsense poster.
Enact a law to protect Jonathan.
What a stupid idea.
I just went through your profile. You are a hardcore Jonathan hater. I'm not surprised. Continue hating him, he's been to places you can only dream of, he's attained heights you can never attain with the way you are going. Continue hating while he grows from strength to strength.

2 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by simpleseyi: 12:02am On Oct 01, 2013
JMOI: The way Nigerians open their mouths and insult the President is becoming increasingly alarming. Every single thing he says is scrutinized, twisted, sieved, put under the microscope, telescoped, distilled, boiled, stirred and shaken just to fish out the smallest of mistakes which they will hold unto to in order to lash on the president and lace him with insults. Nowhere in the world is this done, not even in the US. There is a difference btw criticism and insult. I think it's high time we really looked into this issue. A law should be enacted to punish those who insult the president.
How many of you will insult your dads or bosses in the office like this?

YES, you are very right, I think those who insult the president should be punished dearly. But, what about those who insult the whole country and insult the country's treasury by looting it. What should we do to the president who uses one million naira to feed every meal making it three million naira per day? What should we do to the Sheppopotamus Jesus on Earth who despite being a domestic appendage abuses our institutions by going to fight and attempt to usurp the position of the governor of Rivers state? What should we do to the Sheppopotamus who is using state resources looted by her and her husband to cause chaos is River state by instigating a so called Minister of education to be fighting about when the universities he should be monitoring are on indefinite strike? What should we do to the mother of the thieving president who does not have a job but donated multi-million hostel to a striking university by using some of the money looted by her thieving son?

Well, we do not need to do anything to them because we are not brave enough to take our destiny into our hands, but GOD is taking them out one by one and sending them six feet under - Stella Obasanjo, Mariam Babangida, Segun Agagu, Augustus Aikhiomu, Jona's brother, Sheppopotamus' mother, Patrick Yakowa, Azazi Owoye, late Suntai e.t.c.

2 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Sloan: 12:23am On Oct 01, 2013
Some people were born with base stupi.dity in their genes, e.g. the poster! It is not by force to be president if you can't perform or be insulted, you will take one of the two! If retadeenish idioticGEJ wants to be treated like an angel, he can pack up his useless head back to his outekwe village where the shepopotamus can sing him a lullaby everyday! grin grin Simple!

2 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 12:31am On Oct 01, 2013
Sloan: Some people were born with base stupi.dity in their genes, e.g. the poster! It is not by force to be president if you can't perform or be insulted, you will take one of the two! If retadeenish idioticGEJ wants to be treated like an angel, he can pack up his useless head back to his outekwe village where the shepopotamus can sing him a lullaby everyday! grin grin Simple!
You can say whatever you like. I won't join issues with you. I don't have your time.

1 Like

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by boladez(m): 2:23am On Oct 01, 2013
".........talking about insults when lives are being terminated abruptly by bad roads, run down healthcare, insecurity.......etc etc, I think the law should be to ensure a minimum level if IQ to enter Aso rock.

Jona does not give a damn then why should any law be passed to protect him from Nigerians. But wait there is a law in place protecting people with slow brain processes.

2nd base jare.....

2 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Demdem(m): 11:03am On Oct 01, 2013
JMOI: I just went through your profile. You are a hardcore Jonathan hater. I'm not surprised. Continue hating him, he's been to places you can only dream of, he's attained heights you can never attain with the way you are going. Continue hating while he grows from strength to strength.

I don't hate Jonathan. I have absolutely no reason to hate him. I only hate the stupidity and foolishness he brings to governance.
Of recent was the media chat. He indeed sounded daft, out of touch with realities on ground.

4 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Ellashow: 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
JMOI: I just went through your profile. You are a hardcore Jonathan hater. I'm not surprised. Continue hating him, he's been to places you can only dream of, he's attained heights you can never attain with the way you are going. Continue hating while he grows from strength to strength.

Stop using 'you can not attain his heights' blah blah blah to counter those who doesn't share your view. Do I need to remind you that, Jonathan is there through an opportunity presented to him by "Mr One Nigeria"(Obasanjo), so anyone can also be Nigerian President through opportunities. I voted for GEJ but I'm regretting it now

4 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by DrArewa(f): 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
JMOI: The way Nigerians open their mouths and insult the President is becoming increasingly alarming. Every single thing he says is scrutinized, twisted, sieved, put under the microscope, telescoped, distilled, boiled, stirred and shaken just to fish out the smallest of mistakes which they will hold unto to in order to lash on the president and lace him with insults. Nowhere in the world is this done, not even in the US. There is a difference btw criticism and insult. I think it's high time we really looked into this issue. A law should be enacted to punish those who insult the president.
How many of you will insult your dads or bosses in the office like this?
....e be lyk say u don shack too much big stout!...hw much did he pay you...my father tho not as rich as jonathan is a very sensitiv and level headed man not an insensitiv old man!
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
Jamey Maxwell: Am sorry but...
Iz the president yhur Father?
Am sorry but...
He is d father of the nation.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
JMOI: How many of will have the guts to say these things if the military is still in power. There is a limit to every right if not the society will descend into anarchy.
And that the difference between a democratic and a military government. Yes, there's a limit to every right. If it so affects you, sue as many people that insults the president for defamation, instead of complaining on NL.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by DrArewa(f): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
...everyone has a right to their opinions but urs is nt only infuriating but completely lacking of common and rare sens..m sure u r one of those peopl that will sell dis country for just one cup of garri...itz because boko haram has not tamperd wit d lives of ur loved ones and because u obviously dnt av to train urslf in school...i agree wit u dt it is wrong to insult gej but we r not insultin him...just stating the obvious..letz call a spade a spade..the man iz daft..glaringly daft and u...u nid delivrnc mor dn jim iyke...
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by DrArewa(f): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
Am sorry but...
...when did d word "president" become synonymous to father

3 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by DrArewa(f): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
gerrardomendes: a dumb president is better than a wise mediocre. Eccle. 9 vs 15-16
...quoting d bible..the poor man in dt part of d bible "saved" d ppl without lukin for fame gej iz not saving anythin buh hez defintly popular..read Eccl10:5-7..his position na correct ERROR!
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dr. Arewa:
...everyone has a right to their opinions but urs is nt only infuriating but completely lacking of common and rare sens..m sure u r one of those peopl that will sell dis country for just one cup of garri... itz because boko haram has not tamperd wit d lives of ur loved ones and because u obviously dnt av to train urslf in school...i agree wit u dt it is wrong to insult gej but we r not insultin him...just stating the obvious..letz call a spade a spade..the man iz daft..glaringly daft and u...u nid delivrnc mor dn jim iyke...
This is the daftest comment I've read in a very long while. So you are trying to say that Jonathan should be blamed for the ungodly massacres carried out by Boko Haram? Your hatred for this man has beclouded your sense of reasoning. So if a gunman opens fire on a group of people somewhere in America Barack Obama should be blamed for it? Or if a terrorist organisation blows up a train in the UK the queen or the prime minister should be held responsible for that? Just listen to yourself, did you read what you just typed? It's not a must that you will comment. You shouldn't have joined the debate if you knew that your level of intelligence was not up to it.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Ahasco(m): 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
You are right bro.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by boladez(m): 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
JMOI: This is the daftest comment I've read in a very long while. So you are trying to say that Jonathan should be blamed for the ungodly massacres carried out by Boko Haram? Your hatred for this man has beclouded your sense of reasoning. So if a gunman opens fire on a group of people somewhere in America Barack Obama should be blamed for it? Or if a terrorist organisation blows up a train in the UK the queen or the prime minister should be held responsible for that? Just listen to yourself, did you read what you just typed? It's not a must that you will comment. You shouldn't have joined the debate if you knew that your level of intelligence was not up to it.

If it is just an isolated case of shooting, it may be debatable whether the commander in chief should be responsible, if it is three years of consistent massacre of citizens, the commander in chief is responsible.

Our problem is compounded in Nigeria because, no one in Aso rock is ready to accept that he or she is responsible to ensure security of the Nigerian state. In the media chat Gej said he is not God. He fell short of blaming opposition for Boko haram. We need a strong leader to inspire confidence and hope and a country of 120 million should be able to put our best brains forward.

You cannot divorce responsibility from certain offices that come with certain privileges, the head of state is the commander in chief of the armed forces, he is there to secure every Nigerian life. Heloooooo, he swore to do so...... If there is continuous 3 years of massacre who should we blame?.........Obama or the soviets for manufacturing AK47s?

2 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by gerald09(m): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
JMOI: I wonder how many of you saying this now can summon the courage to say it to his face.
None of them can, dey can't even say it to there LG chairman. Dat is y dey vent online and act out by fighting each other. As much as Nigerians hate dere leaders they still can't walk up to dem to express dere anger so dey come on NairaLand and vent it out and go on d street to kill dere fellow Nigerians cos dey are afraid of confronting the real enemy
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Pataki: 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
JMOI: This is the daftest comment I've read in a very long while. So you are trying to say that Jonathan should be blamed for the ungodly massacres carried out by Boko Haram? Your hatred for this man has beclouded your sense of reasoning. So if a gunman opens fire on a group of people somewhere in America Barack Obama should be blamed for it? Or if a terrorist organisation blows up a train in the UK the queen or the prime minister should be held responsible for that? Just listen to yourself, did you read what you just typed? It's not a must that you will comment. You shouldn't have joined the debate if you knew that your level of intelligence was not up to it.

This is the most utterly ridiculous comment or argument for the month. Please spare us from reading further out of your empty skull.

When an attack is repeatedly brought against innocent harmless citizens of a country, the buck ends at the table of the president. Who is the Commander in Chief of this country? He was elected to protect the interest and safety of this country and its citizens. Please just shut up and sod off here if you are too emotional about that doofus who calls himself GEJ.

Lastly, when last did you do a brain scan? You don't seem to have a rational mind for intelligent political discourse.

3 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by oderemo(m): 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
Jonathan hasn't the ball to rule this contraption called Nigeria, more so, he wasn't forced to be President, dude could resign if hate the insult as a result of his ineptitude.
Enact a law all you wish, but is not gonna work.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by DrArewa(f): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
...*a round of applause for mr smarty pantz*...he is nt @ fault but his lackadaisical attitude makes him as bad as boko haram demslvz..m nt moved by ur insultz nd dat bein "d daftest comment uv ever read" proves wat i said earlier..u r lackin in common and rare sens...u carry gej for head lyk say na ur papa...L.O.L...uv got issuez!
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by ba7man(m): 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
We should introduce a law that punishes those that open stup1d, stone-age threads on the internet.

2 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
Pataki:

This is the most utterly ridiculous comment or argument for the month. Please spare us from reading further out of your empty skull.

When an attack is repeatedly brought against innocent harmless citizens of a country, the buck ends at the table of the president. Who is the Commander in Chief of this country? He was elected to protect the interest and safety of this country and its citizens. Please just shut up and sod off here if you are too emotional about that doofus who calls himself GEJ.

Lastly, when last did you do a brain scan? You don't seem to have a rational mind for intelligent political discourse.
Your so-called analysis is devoid of cohension and rationality. So if a select group of people decide to play hide and seek with the presidency and massacre innocent citizens just to make the country ungovernable we should heap all the blame on the president. As he rightly said, he's not God and cannot be everywhere is a 360,000-square-mile country like Nigeria.

I checked a couple of your recent posts and just confirmed what I've been thinking. Your likes are not to be engaged in a cerebral constructive give-and-take discourse, cos you drag everybody in it down to your lowly level.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dr. Arewa:
...*a round of applause for mr smarty pantz*...he is nt @ fault but his lackadaisical attitude makes him as bad as boko haram demslvz..m nt moved by ur insultz nd dat bein "d daftest comment uv ever read" proves wat i said earlier..u r lackin in common and rare sens...u carry gej for head lyk say na ur papa...L.O.L...uv got issuez!
So who should I carry for head? Buhari? You can never take Nigeria back to the ice age, if you are so in love with Buhari you might as well build yourself a time travelling machine and take your sorry self back to the 1980s where you can have him all to yourself. Hello, wake up. This is the 21st century; year 2013 to be precise. We'll continue to breathe this fresh air till 2019. If e dey vex you cover your nose. Nigeria is surrounded by 4 countries, if you can't stand GEJ, you can relocate to any of them.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Wadeoye(m): 7:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
Am sorry but...

He is a servant and we are paying him for serving us - being a president doesn't make him other peoples' father or boss. He is only a boss to the people who work under him in his office/house, aids and ministers. He is not even the boss of any governor as they were both elected by the people and each has his autonomy and area of coverage for service delivery to the people.

Do you understand that im.be?

2 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
JMOI: Your so-called analysis is devoid of cohension and rationality. So if a select group of people decide to play hide and seek with the presidency and massacre innocent citizens just to make the country ungovernable we should heap all the blame on the president. As he rightly said, he's not God and cannot be everywhere is a 360,000-square-mile country like Nigeria.

I checked a couple of your recent posts and just confirmed what I've been thinking. Your likes are not to be engaged in a cerebral constructive give-and-take discourse, cos you drag everybody in it down to your lowly level.

You are just displaying your ignorance . . .

For over 3 years now a particular sect has constantly terrorized this country and instead of fighting them, the government is hiding from them.

We've seen how other countries take decisive actions against terrorist attack, but here, our President is asking us to pray . . . .that only God can save us!

BH is not some random terrorist group, it appears to have come to stay and our President has resigned himself to fate. Thousands of people are dead and yet he does NOTHING . . . . . . His actions make mockery of his title as the CSO of this country . . .

The fact that you are defending him shows how little your brain capacity is . . . You should tell that to the families of BH victims and watch how that consoles them! SMH.

1 Like

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
Honestly if GEJ was our only choice as President, then I vote for Military rule . . . at least we'll be safe from BH and other terrorist sects that might be brewing deadly ideas.

The value of life cannot be over emphasized. If the President cannot protect the lives of his citizens, then let him do the honourable thing and step down!

1 Like

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by SterlingTowers(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
@ op but the president can continue to insult our sensibility and intelligence right? Such law will only create a leviathan and absolutism. Does that mean the president is more important and powerful than the masses, arab spring will show otherwise so be careful for what you wish for even if you are been paid don't incur the wrath of the masses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Wife Orders Release Of Suspected Thugs In Rivers / BREAKING: Maku, Wike, Obanikoro, Others Resign As Ministers / PDP Busted Again? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.