Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,474 members, 7,812,465 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President (2719 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / I Won't Insult The President Again BUT I Will Speak The Truth / Did Achebe Actually Insult The Yorubas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
The way Nigerians open their mouths and insult the President is becoming increasingly alarming. Every single thing he says is scrutinized, twisted, sieved, put under the microscope, telescoped, distilled, boiled, stirred and shaken just to fish out the smallest of mistakes which they will hold unto to in order to lash on the president and lace him with insults. Nowhere in the world is this done, not even in the US. There is a difference btw criticism and insult. I think it's high time we really looked into this issue. A law should be enacted to punish those who insult the president.
How many of you will insult your dads or bosses in the office like this?

9 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JameyMaxwell(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Am sorry but...
Iz the president yhur Father?

11 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by redsun(m): 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
A wayward dad is as good as no dad. You might just aswell kill him. Gej is just like any other nigeian elder(politician), a twisted rogue.

5 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by desgiezd(m): 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
IS the President your boss?

Please go and complain to them at the National Assembly.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by sEyi6: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Because My goodluck jonathan is the president? I doubt if anyone thought of this when Gen. Obasanjo was the president.
Gen Obasanjo's head was even photoshoped into that of apes' gathering, but it was fair then.
But those insulting goodluck jonathan, your jesus of otueke should be punished.

I feel this way of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by DisGuy: 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
so when Yaradua, OBJ were president ..they were fair game

now we should follow egypt or Saudi Arabia because on Johnny?

1 Like

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
It is clear that Nairaland is filled with anti-GEJ e-warriors waiting to pounce on any meaningful thread.

1 Like

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by ujoinme: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
stupid idea, there is freedom of speech that can never be stiffled in any democracy. Nigeria is not a dictatorship hence everyone has the right to speakup even when you dont agree with thie views.
If the table is reversed tomorrow i know you will love to vilify the opposition therefore freedom of speech is sacrosanct.

9 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by iwanchop(m): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
Yes it's high time we did that.
A law should also be enacted to punish a president that continues to be a dumb just like GEJ

17 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by hakanai(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
I say apply it to every Nigerian.We are all entitled to live free of assaults or insults.You do it for us and automatically by extension you definitely do it for president. QED shikenan datz all!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
Freedom of speech is not an excuse for you to insult whoever you like. You can actually prove a point without insulting people.

1 Like

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Peinstein: 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
The only thing worse than insulting a country's president is having a president who insults the intelligence of the citizens.

10 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Kindergarten idea.

4 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Pataki: 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
Another clueless thread filled with im-becilic reasoning to support the clueless kindergarten president.

11 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Atouke: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
JMOI: Freedom of speech is not an excuse for you to insult whoever you like. You can actually prove a point without insulting people.

says who? are you going to refree freedom of speech? if you dont like what is said about the president then you can sue them. thats your right. freedom of speech does not preclude liability.
If you feel that the president has been defamed then sue the perpetrators but you cant stifle freedom of speech.

We as nigerians have a constitutional right to criticize our leaders in anyway we see fit, and if calling them names helps sometimes then it must be done! it is a constitutional right and you cant change that. if you want to live in a place where freedom of speech is regulated then go live in north korea or similar countries.

5 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
I wonder how many of you saying this now can summon the courage to say it to his face.

2 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Pataki: Another clueless thread filled with im-becilic reasoning to support the clueless kindergarten president.
There are other ways you could have said that without using those adjectives
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Wsdm: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
If you truly KNOW the POWERS of the MASSES you will know that it is GEJ that is insulting his EMPLOYERS. If you can't cope with the insults from your Employer, simply resign.

6 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
ilugunboy: Kindergarten idea.
Indeed!
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
When the presidential bootlickers come online to rant, it is always very easy to recognise them. They sometimes refer to themselves as sincere Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by gerrardomendes(m): 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
iwanchop: Yes it's high time we did that.
A law should also be enacted to punish a president that continues to be a dumb just like GEJ
a dumb president is better than a wise mediocre. Eccle. 9 vs 15-16

3 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
I'm not in any way affiliated with the presidency. So anyone that takes sides with the president is connected with him?
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Pataki: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
JMOI: There are other ways you could have said that without using those adjectives

Call a spade, a spade. And not as an agricultural implement.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by cashkid18(m): 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
sexkillz mst stay
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Pennywise(m): 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
But its not our fault that we have such a daft president. If he was any smarter insults like clueless, dunce, retardeen will make the person saying it look stupid. Understand?
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by Youngzedd(m): 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
cashkid18: sexkillz mst stay

Commentus.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by mubalex50(m): 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
My man @ d beginning of ur point I wanted 2 reason with u nd support ur motion, 2 my gr8test surprise U end up with a senseless & nd useless question, du u knw dis, dia is no where in d world dat producing countries lack infrastructure, in nigeria dia is no good networking road, MTN is South Africa Telecommunication Company, dia 1st year in Nigeria, dey declare excess gain dat dey could not achieved in dia parent country. Am hugging my fellow nigeria 2 stop Insulting Our bad leader Instead pray 4 dem.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by mubalex50(m): 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
[quote author=JMOI]The way Nigerians open their mouths and insult the President is becoming increasingly alarming. Every single thing he says is scrutinized, twisted, sieved, put under the microscope, telescoped, distilled, boiled, stirred and shaken just to fish out the smallest of mistakes which they will hold unto to in order to lash on the president and lace him with insults. Nowhere in the world is this done, not even in the US. There is a difference btw criticism and insult. I think it's high time we really looked into this issue. A law should be enacted to punish those who insult the president.
How many of you will insult your dads or bosses in the office like this?[/quote,! My man @ d beginning of ur point I wanted 2 reason with nd support ur motion, 2 my gr8test surprise U end up with a sensible & nd useless question, du u knw dis, dis is no where in d world dat producing countries lack infrastructure, in nigeria dia is no good networking road, MTN is South Africa Telecommunication Company, sia 1st year in Nigeria, dey clear excess gain dat dey could not achieved in dia parent. Am hugging my fellow nigeria 2 stop Insulting Our bad leader Instead pray 4 dem.
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by JMOI: 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
Pataki:

Call a spade, a spade. And not as an agricultural implement.
I'll let that slide.

1 Like

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by ujoinme: 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
JMOI: The way Nigerians open their mouths and insult the President is becoming increasingly alarming. Every single thing he says is scrutinized, twisted, sieved, put under the microscope, telescoped, distilled, boiled, stirred and shaken just to fish out the smallest of mistakes which they will hold unto to in order to lash on the president and lace him with insults. Nowhere in the world is this done, not even in the US. There is a difference btw criticism and insult. I think it's high time we really looked into this issue. A law should be enacted to punish those who insult the president.
How many of you will insult your dads or bosses in the office like this?

This is what democracy is about! if you cant endure the heat stay out of the kitchen.

you are wrong the scrutiny,criticism is even more in established democracy, whats happening or you perceive to be happening in nigeria is little compared to whats obtainable in established democracy? do you know what names the opposition call obama?
Cant wait for more scrutiny/criticism of any political officeholder in nigeria the fear of good scrutiny will keep them straight.
BTW GEJ is not our employer or boss he is our/masses employee.
the ministers,SA and his cabinet who are his employees/appointees wont criticize or call him names neither will his family. but the masses through the social media are doing their constitutional apportioned duty which is to be a watchdog.
am saying this as a GEJ supporter.

5 Likes

Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by george2bam(m): 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Babcock university pre-degree form is out,Call:08147279803
Re: We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President by atlwireles: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
You cannot do that. Allow people have their say. One day, it will be their turn. One thing the president said over and over yesterday, was the need for this nation, to build institutions and not men. I support this president but I also support the presidency of Nigeria no matter the person in office. But above all, I support the right of all Nigerians to have their say, even when, it makes my skin crawl.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2013 World Corruption Index: Nigeria Ranks 144 Among 177countries / I Trust Buhari!!! Says Awujale / President Buhari And Vice President Osinbajo Getting Set To Take Over...(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.