Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? (7503 Views)

Does A Car Consume More Fuel When The AC Is On HI Than On LO / Plz Help, My Car Consume Fuel Like Tractor / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When Idling Or When Speeding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by smart134: 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
This has come across my mind..but just wana know..whi car do u think consume fuel the most Many say its Ford Whats yours
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by sultaan(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
Your question show you know very little about cars and you never took physics.

Fuel is energy and the source of power that moves the car.

If you use little fuel you get little power, more fuel gives more power and if you have to burn more fuel, you will need more space in the combustion chamber to burn it which means bigger engine.

So when some people compare a 2.2l Camry to a 4.0 l Explorer and think about fuel economy it Apples to Orange they can't be compared because they are for different purposes

1 Like

Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by DesChyko1(m): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
It's difficult to answer your question because car manufacturers strive instead to make their cars fuel-economical. However, I can tell you that on an average, Toyota does the better job on fuel economy.
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by JUO(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
Toyota does the better job on fuel economy.
U DON CARRY THIS MENTALITY COME HERE. this doesn't answer his question

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by DesChyko1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
JUO: U DON CARRY THIS MENTALITY COME HERE. this doesn't answer his question

You didn't make any effort to answer it either, yet you were quick to discredit my comment. However, if you looked beyond your nose, you'ld have noticed I tried to set the question aright..
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
smart134: This has come across my mind..but just wana know..whi car do u think consume fuel the most Many say its Fold Whats yours

when you care comparing two or three things you need figures

eg a 1.8 ltr honda vrs 1.8 ltr toyota comparing the two would be aasy since the figures are there and the engines are rounded to same size

but

you can not compare a 1.6 ltr Vw golf and 2.0 ltr honda civic since the engine size are different

1 Like

Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
It's difficult to answer your question because car manufacturers strive instead to make their cars fuel-economical. However, I can tell you that on an average, Toyota does the better job on fuel economy.

you are wrong on toyota

becoz you are using the brand name instead of using the actual engine size of a model and compare that to another make and model of the same engine size

just imagine if you use brand name and you pick toyota but it is a Yaris/Vitz 1999 then i pick a Daewoo Matiz/Chevrolet Spark 1999

a better fuel -economical woul be a Matiz, why becoz the engine size is 0.8 ltr and Yaris a 1.0 ltr

1 Like

Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by elektra80: 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
Stupid question.
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by elektra80: 10:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
[quote author=ZIM DRILL]

you are wrong on
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by elektra80: 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

that is a very bland statement, but I don't blame u. So if u put a Toyota sequoia against a ford focus, the Toyota will still have a better fuel economy? We are in a country where people expect a car to be as big as a Toyota sequoia, as fast as a Ferrari, as luxurious as a Mercedes Benz s class, then fitted with an angine of a Nissan micra... How is that possible? Last time I was with a friend and a ford fucos drove by.. He said nice car but he can't buy it because its a ford and it would consume a lot of fuel. I just laughed, he actually argued with me that it would consume more fuel than a Toyota landcruiser. U want size, u want better performance, then u need energy and to produce energy u need fuel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by DesChyko1(m): 7:00am On Oct 01, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

you are wrong on toyota

becoz you are using the brand name instead of using the actual engine size of a model and compare that to another make and model of the same engine size

just imagine if you use brand name and you pick toyota but it is a Yaris/Vitz 1999 then i pick a Daewoo Matiz/Chevrolet Spark 1999

a better fuel -economical woul be a Matiz, why becoz the engine size is 0.8 ltr and Yaris a 1.0 ltr
Hope you understand what average means, Mr Wrong-spotter?

elektra80:

that is a very bland statement, but I don't blame u.

AveragE!! Average!! Average!! Do some Nigerians have problems reading and comprehending written English??
#unfollows thread#

1 Like

Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by JUO(m): 9:38am On Oct 01, 2013
#unfollows thread#
we will not loose anything
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:00am On Oct 01, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

Hope you understand what average means, Mr Wrong-spotter?

AveragE!! Average!! Average!! Do some Nigerians have problems reading and comprehending written English??
#unfollows thread#

all mpg are calculated per average and no brand name can be said is better than the other when it comes to mpg since these brand names produce different engines size

like i said before engine size is required and you compare the same rounded figure engine size eg 2.0ltr toyota vrs a 2.0 ltr volvo not yours of comparing a just brand names only
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by sultaan(m): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
OP still doesn't understand what he is saying because he has only seen a Camry and accord.
On average ford fusion has better fuel economy than a Camry and a Chevy. Cruze has better economy than. Corolla.

On average smart and Fiat have better economy than toyota.
You know what they say about people who this k their dad's garden is the biggest farm
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
Op, when we are to consider fuel economy, a lot of things come to play,

1. Engine size/displacement: 1.3L i4 hyundai i10 is more economical than a 1.8L i4 toyota corolla.

2. Vehicle size & mass: a heavier car will need a more powerful torque to pull it from start. Even when fitted with a small engine, that vehicle will still be a bit thirstier than when its fitted into a smaller car. Eg: Highlander Vs Camry with 2AZ-FE 2.4L i4 engine. The highlander is heavier and bigger than the camry, althought they use same engine, but I tell u the highlander will take more fuel than the Camry to get from point A to B.

3. Tuning: a car meant for sports will consume much more fuel than a car meant for normal city driving.

4. Your driving pattern: are u civilized as Switzerland or you get your push your car into psycopath mode? Alway reving hard and flooring the accelerator and slamming the brakes abrupt turning of the steering. It will always tell @ d frequency of visiting the fuel station.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by icemann(m): 2:51am On Oct 02, 2013
This thread is funny and confusing. the op is uninformed, more than 70% of the replies are from uniformed people( like a blind leading a blind) and the resulting argument are baseless and illogical

This has to be the most retarded_thread on Nairaland.
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by ziccoit: 5:28am On Oct 02, 2013
It is my car or Papa John's car. Yeye question. Op doesn't know, instead of listening to learn, he is now arguing with those who know. Ignorant factorial!
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 02, 2013
icemann: This thread is funny and confusing. the op is uninformed, more than 70% of the replies are from uniformed people( like a blind leading a blind) and the resulting argument are baseless and illogical

This has to be the most retarded_thread on Nairaland.

And your point is? You only came here not to correct but to criticize.... Typical MrKnowItall (all noise yet no meaningful word) the last time I checked, mama Ngozi's dog Bingo still barked with its tail between its legs and hasnt chased even a mice. SMH

1 Like

Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by icemann(m): 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
lomomike:

And your point is? You only came here not to correct but to criticize.... Typical MrKnowItall (all noise yet no meaningful word) the last time I checked, mama Ngozi's dog Bingo still barked with its tail between its legs and hasnt chased even a mice. SMH

See pot calling kettle black
I hope you feel accomplished mr keyboard warrior. Your insight and opinion is what we need.
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by sultaan(m): 12:32am On Oct 03, 2013
Here we go again
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by Trac: 4:10am On Oct 03, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

DesC,

I'm not discrediting but you are slightly off. Toyota does not do a better job on fuel economy; that is advertising rhetoric. Fuel consumption per manufacturer is based on the summation of ALL models (including special purpose models and diesels) and then it is mean[ed] ( averaged). This is the standard for rating combustion consumption. The high performance models and heavy duty models (Toyota) do not reflect the satisfaction gotten from the humble model-lineups. Alone in this grouping category offsets the marketing impression cast. In addition, let no one deceive you [that] they are striving for fuel economy. The dynamics to that is diversely-complex. Nevertheless, an appropriate manufacturer stated would be Volvo. You have mass, an integrated safety cage and a measure of engine performance; yet - litre per cent kilometre is acceptable. Mercedes is remarkable in combustion and none to date has come anywhere close. It's a better all-rounder.
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by smart134: 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
tnxs all! Wen ur asked a simple question..just answer..if u dnt knw it...keep quiet..nobody is beggin any1 to comment here...tnxs again
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by elektra80: 2:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
smart134: tnxs all! Wen ur asked a simple question..just answer..if u dnt knw it...keep quiet..nobody is beggin any1 to comment here...tnxs again

that is what u get when u ask a S.T.U
P.I.D question
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by oyinbogirl(f): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
anything V8 , or V12...or older cars without fuel injection I'd say. Usually the bigger the car = more fuel theory.
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by Emekayoung(m): 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
This goes to grand cherokee jeep especially the ones that come wit V8 engines..
I hate the way they consume fuel..
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by sultaan(m): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
Emekayoung: This goes to grand cherokee jeep especially the ones that come wit V8 engines..

I drive a V8 GC and get 18mpg avg its not that bad for a 4.7l

As earlier states bigger engines need more fuel
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by elektra80: 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
Emekayoung: This goes to grand cherokee jeep especially the ones that come wit V8 engines..

U really are expecting a v8 engine to give u the same mpg as a compact I4? Do u know a 2012 Toyota Sequoia has an average mpg of 15?
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by icemann(m): 1:15am On Nov 06, 2013
elektra80:

U really are expecting a v8 engine to give u the same mpg as a compact I4? Do u know a 2012 Toyota Sequoia has an average mpg of 15?

A friend of mine has a 2010 GMC Sierra V8(Same Engine with a silverado). Its has the ability to shut down 4 cylinders at city traffic/ at low speeds . At that mode it does 26 MPG
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by KA24DETT(m): 9:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
icemann:

A friend of mine has a 2010 GMC Sierra V8(Same Engine with a silverado). Its has the ability to shut down 4 cylinders at city traffic/ at low speeds . At that mode it does 26 MPG

GM cylinder deactivation . I remember when it came out .
Chrysler has that in some of their HEMI engines too.
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by yungboss(m): 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
The BMW 118d returns about 50mpg, the turbo-diesel engines (TDi) in the VWs, those are very good too, also consider the hybrid cars..so the question asked by the Op has no clear cut answer as many informed subscribers here have noted. Different manufacturers have different set-ups to balance economy with performance (efficiency)...
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
What is all this noise about most economical engines?

I used an infiniti before I sold it this month and it returned a 14MPG for a 3.5L V6, people and online review say that was pretty poor MPG for a V6, but I don't give a damn because I really ensured that the maintenance schedule was never skipped, and I drove gently when there's need, but damn I flogged that SUV real hard when it came to opening the taps and letting that V6 power come to life and the thunderous growl, hard powerful torque, gust of sudden 240 power, rear wheel spin, burnout and drifts...

Now I'm dragging around a highlander with 2.4l L4 AWD, absolute slow dragging rubbish. I can't wait to jump into another V6 or even a V8...

That said, If I'm given another opportunity to do such again..hell yeah I'd go another 6 cylinder which will be the lowest number of cylinders I will drive. I don't care about fuel saving/economy of engines.
Re: Which Car Consume Fuel The Most?? by KA24DETT(m): 12:17am On Dec 26, 2013
lomomike: What is all this noise about most economical engines?

I used an infiniti before I sold it this month and it returned a 14MPG for a 3.5L V6, people and online review say that was pretty poor MPG for a V6, but I don't give a damn because I really ensured that the maintenance schedule was never skipped, and I drove gently when there's need, but damn I flogged that SUV real hard when it came to opening the taps and letting that V6 power come to life and the thunderous growl, hard powerful torque, gust of sudden 240 power, rear wheel spin, burnout and drifts...

Now I'm dragging around a highlander with 2.4l L4 AWD, absolute slow dragging rubbish. I can't wait to jump into another V6 or even a V8...

That said, If I'm given another opportunity to do such again..hell yeah I'd go another 6 cylinder which will be the lowest number of cylinders I will drive. I don't care about fuel saving/economy of engines.

Highlander with an L4. Damn, it would be very very slow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Duster For Your Dashboard (wax Treated), Easily Attracts Dust (2K ONLY)... / [b]daihatsu Hijet Vs Suzuki Every[/b] / Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.