Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria (10178 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Senators Frustrate Move To Summon Buhari / Two Generals Purportedly Express Shock Over Jonathan’s Boko Haram War Politics / We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Fynestboi: 7:03am On Oct 01, 2013
fynestboi: Ben Agande, Abuja
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said neither Boko Haram or any group can frustrate the country from attaining it’s deserved place in the comity of nations.

Speaking at a church service at the National Christian centre to commemorate the 53rd Independence anniversary of the nation, President Jonathan said those who want to use the diversity of the nation to create crisis in the country will not succeed because God has a purpose for allowing Lord Lugard to amalgamate the northern and Southern Protectorate to form the nation.

According to the president, the killing of about twenty one students at the college of Education in Yobe state by suspected Boko Haram terrorists could be depressing but assure that despite the challenge, Nigeria still has a very bright future.

“Today you will agree with me that if you are in my shoes you will lack the words to say anything. We had this programme in mind and when we went to bed last night and agreed that we will all gather here to thank God for what he has done for this country. Only few minutes after midnight about twenty one students were murdered by a group that called themselves Boko Haram.

“If you were wearing my shoes what comment will you have to tell Nigerians what message will you tell the parents of these young people, our future leaders who were killed at the College of Agriculture? Can you say that the killing of these students is political?

Those students belong to which political parties? Will you say it was ethnic cleansing? Those students belong to which ethnic group in Nigeria? Was it religious? Those students were they Christians or Muslims or what? This is what we see on a daily basis. It is quite depressing but having listen to the message of the CAN president you will agree with me that all of us have hope.

“By God’s grace we will get to where we want to be as a nation. The journey of a nation is just like the journey of an individual. We must have ups and down. The challenges we are seeing now is very transient. We will surely get to where we want to be.

“No Boko Haram or any group can frustrate this nation. Just like our lord said though the spirit is willing our body is weak. Sometimes our body may be weak. Sometimes our body will be very weak. We feel the pains of those who are direct relations of those who were killed carelessly. These are creations of the devil to slow down our progress as a nation. We have reached the turning point of where we must move and join the developed societies” the president said.

The president added that though some people have expressed don’t about the country, God could not have made a mistake by letting Lord Lugard bring us together as one country.

“As we look up to our
centenary celebrations, there are quite a number of questions people sometimes ask themselves that maybe Lord Lugard made a mistake to amalgamAte the northern and southern part of our country. People talk about Sovereign National Conference and so on. But those of us who are Christians know that God does not make mistakes. He created a country with a very high degree of diversity in terms of human beings, our culture and even environment; in terms of the ecological zones for agriculture and tourism and all these are to be exploited for the development of the country.

“For those who are trying to exploit our diversity to create problems for us as a nation will not succeed. I assure you that Those who voted and put us here we will continue to do our best despite the challenges and we will surely leave this country better that we met it. That is my pledge and that is the pledge of the government that you voted to be here” he said.
He added that his administration has put in place measures that will make the country achieve its potentials as a great nation.

“if you look at the journey of nations, before you liberate people, you must make sure that there are civilise ways of electing their leaders and we have almost reached there. We will make sure that we conduct free and fair election. Forces of evil don’t want it that way. They want a situation where they will impose themselves or others on the people.

“Immediately we liberalise the power sector it will be like the telecommunication sector. We have almost gone through the first phase of the privatisation. People thought that because of corruption we will not succeed but we have privatise almost three billion worth of federal government assets and there are no stories of wrong doing. This is the turning point because power is critical to the development of any society” he said.
Earlier in his sermon the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor said despite the challenges the country is facing, God will liberate it from forces of evil saying that “Nigeria is in the hands of God”.
He called on political office holders to make sacrifices for the good of the country adding that if they will make half of their earning available to be used for the over all good of the country Nigerians will be willing to make sacrifice for the country.

While expressing the willingness of CAN to mediate in the dispute between the federal government and the academic staff union of universities, Pastor Oritsejafor called on both parties to be prepared to shift ground for the interests of the students and the nation.
The service was attended by the president of the senate, David Mark who read the first bible Passage; former presidents Ernest Shonekan and Yakubu Gowon, the deputy speaker of the house of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha and several other government functionaries

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/boko-haram-cant-frustrate-nigeria-jonathan/

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Abok1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2013

Why does the president make utterances that are unbecoming to his office as the GCFR of Nigeria?

This comment shows ineptitude on his part and its mind boggling that the president makes prosaic comments that it seems like he is constantly being quoted out of context. This is the kind of statement you hear in a beer parlor or among the market women. A whole President who has under his command the whole machinery of the Nigerian Security forces, showing signs of weakness and not only that, acting helpless and displaying cluelessness as he has just performed an act of skoptsy with this statement

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
BREAKING NEWS: Sahara Reporters and Premium Times Has Been Bought By Bola Ahmed Tinubu. It has been reported that the deal was finalised in London few weeks ago. We understand that Buhari acquired 30% stake of these deal with some of the hidden loots when his was in power years ago. Buhari's estimated net worth is in the region of £2.8billion. We understand this figure are just conservative estimates. He is believed to stashed away billions more under his bedroom in daura, and millions more inside his treasured Carmel's Ass. When I cornered Buhari recently outside Paddington green police station, London. I asked him what are the sources of these his billions, he replied by saying to me " Mr James Bond, you are poolish"...And I responded by correcting him and told him he actually meant FOOLISH.....? This is James Bond Emmysenior 007, reporting Live from my couch while firing soccer on my PS3! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by donphilopus: 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
Why should they frustrate Nigeria?
They will only give Nigeria a tough time.
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by GoodSamaritan: 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Indeed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
This GEJ is beginning to sound like a motivational speaker.

Enough of these words, let's see some action. angry
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by picoba(m): 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hi,

Moderator, can you please change the write-up to black color.
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by YusufG: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
Stupidity..Foolishness,Nonsence..
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by ONESON1(m): 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
ok cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
Someone Better Tell Egbon Jonathan to stop beating chest and Act fast !!!

Over 40 students were fired in a state of Emergency yet, All we still hear is what we ve been hearing before ..... Blah.blah blah ... Blah

this man better shut it already !!
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by point5: 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
Seriously serious..I tel u 2day dat Boko pipo can never frustrate dis nation..but GEJ..letz c mor action abeg..dis guys hv cursd enuf damag 2 our innocent civitizins

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by alaladakosta(f): 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
idiotson mumuho, gej brazillian name.
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by ichommy(m): 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
2ndOGA: This GEJ is beginning to sound like a motivational speaker.

Enough of these words, let's see some action. angry

Huh
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by otijah(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
YusufG: Stupidity..Foolishness,Nonsence..
for the first time your clueless GEj is raising and giving hope to the hopeless and faithless people like urs that thinks BH boys will surely tear the country apart, instead of ur motivational support, u are talking crap. God bless Gej! God bless Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Donmams(m): 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
We know BH cannot frustrate Nigeria. What we don't know is what are you doing Mr. President, to frustrate Boko Haram?!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by jonescyras(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
Se democracy si re ?
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by jonescyras(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
Na him sabi o... I dey celebrate nigeria independence with my Alomo bitter n 2 yellow omo olosho!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by PECO4KING(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
If boko harm can't frastrate all Nigerians, they will frastrate few Nigerians. Which will make us sad. As a result of that we are frustrated. Mr Man u beta look for a way to flush this evil people out of here.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by swhiss: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
Yea!

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
nope, They wont frustrate us
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by kayClt(f): 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
We don't need long speeches every now and den,we need action.
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by jonescyras(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
swhiss: Yea!
Be like say this one no get brain!.......looolu!!!!
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Donmams(m): 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
Let me be clear GEJ. We are well aware that the brazen massacre of innocent people and students in Borno and Yobe is the handiwork of Ihejirika's death squads. We know this is all a ploy to sustain the emergency rule to 2015. But let's be clear, no amount of emergency rule will make it possible for you to rig the elections in the north in 2015. Your crimes against the north will not go unpunished. I promise you!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Gbemilove2004: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
No man have the power to frustrate a nation, what this book bios are doing is madness and they should decease from it.
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Omexonomy: 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
Donmams: Let me be clear GEJ. We are well aware that the brazen massacre of innocent people and students in Borno and Yobe is the handiwork of Ihejirika's death squads. We know this is all a ploy to sustain the emergency rule to 2015. But let's be clear, no amount of emergency rule will make it possible for you to rig the elections in the north in 2015. Your crimes against the north will not go unpunished. I promise you!
have you forgotten that fashola tinnubu and buhari went to maiduguri to donate $500million to encourage BH

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by cashkid18(m): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by cashkid18(m): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
bh hv attacked borno kilin 150 pple
attacked yobe killin 50 students
nxt state is adamawa n i wonder hw many lives they wil waste there,d military shud be viligant in adamawa cuz i c another bloody massacre there
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Mubby4luv(m): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
Cause dem nevr kill person for his family abi? Dis man is really seeing this bh thing as a joke and 50 people are dead in yobe college. Every thing he will say its politics must every issue be about him. Please do sometin before there will be no nigerians to rule again

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by Akiika: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dumb-a$$......i used to give the dumbest Nigerian president to Yar'Adua. I'm clearly wrong, GEJ holds the record.
In his dumb opinion, BH hasn't yet frustrated Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by pole: 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ms_Steph: Cause dem nevr kill person for his family abi? Dis man is really seeing this bh thing as a joke and 50 people are dead in yobe college. Every thing he will say its politics must every issue be about him. Please do sometin before there will be no nigerians to rule again
god blessed nigeria indeed jona u try for ur speech but why don t u bondle ds assholes called boko haram in one coner and set dam on fire but well god s in control hausa will not set dy ass on dat sit for now may god punish devil and dy haram if u agree say amen
Re: Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
Sorry for de-threading. Not in my character. Just want ask why this UN General Assembly meeting is no where I can see. I really want to react to this Isreal PM's address

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP: 17 States, APC: 16 States, Swing: 4 States / How Quest For Money Collapsed Fresh PDP / Herdsmen Kill Five, Injure Others In Fresh Attack In Ondo Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.