Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? (14185 Views)

Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / I Need A N500,000 Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by Dgbem: 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
fresh_dude: In April, I was outta town and a transfer failed to materialise and seeing as I knew nobody around I decided to withdraw the last 500naira in my account.
I get to the bank at 8am after sleeping hungry and present a filled-out withdrawal slip to the teller and he looks up at me and says I don't ha ve enough to withdraw that amount, I wan die.
He then goes on to explain that I'll be paying a 100naira charge for not using my atm card, come see as I dey smile on top 400naira.
I collect my money leave the bank premises buy bread and butter and tea tutu for 130naira, get a 100naira recharge card and call the mofo who put me through the mess and cursed his generations yet unborn.
Point is, I was overjoyed with my 400naira, would I do that again? Yes, if hunger threatens to put an end to my dreams and happiness.
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by OCTAVO: 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
kingphemy: This make me remember my undergraduate days at lautech some years ago.

I dey fOrm say I be 'big boy'

After drinking garri for three straight days, I sharperly go bank withdraw 270 naira. The trek tO bank sef na die, thOse passing trucks breeze nearly lift me off ground. And d money am expecting con enter whn am about to leave d bank.

When hunger knocks, u nO go know shame.
Broz, so you be Ladokite? smiley
That's good to know...
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by Dgbem: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
kingphemy: This make me remember my undergraduate days at lautech some years ago.

I dey fOrm say I be 'big boy'

After drinking garri for three straight days, I sharperly go bank withdraw 270 naira. The trek tO bank sef na die, thOse passing trucks breeze nearly lift me off ground. And d money am expecting con enter whn am about to leave d bank.

When hunger knocks, u nO go know shame.
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by rahjan: 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Na only mouth many of us get oh. while i know some can actually withdraw that sum without feelin ashamed, majority wud feel shame and a lotta of people wont do it if not pushed to the wall by a pressing need. For me, its gotta be at least 5k. Anything else will be thru the atm.
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by ewizard1: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry cry

Let some of you just contact me and ask for my account number and drop some money for me.

I go too pray for una ehnnnn!

Shebi na person wey get money dey go bank?

cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by Chudiking(m): 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
A cash withrawal slip is bn charge for 500 n sum bank soo I dnt think any bank gonna pay you that amount unless u try ATM
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by tbagjames(m): 11:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
Adex097: Why shall I shy
no b small tin ASUU do u oo
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by tbagjames(m): 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
I go witdraw the money come tell the banker for counter say i wan use am compare wit one fake 500 note wey my friend hold outside

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pls how do I withdraw my N310 in Fidelity?
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 03, 2013
Am a student, and I've made withdrawal far lesser than #500, I've made #50 deposit too. But this days, counter withdrawal is not that common, so you will borrow #500 and deposit into your account to make it #1000, then you can withdraw and pay your debt. Just make sure that the money is posted instantly and secure a space for yourself at the ATM stand before you enter the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by 2sign: 5:34am On Oct 03, 2013
my friend back then in sch has paid 5naira and i paid in 10 naira to make my money be up to 500,and d day access bank made me angry and dt was d last day i used dt bank,i withdrew d last 12naira,and dy paid me.
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by kolamilan(m): 6:29am On Oct 03, 2013
bravolyk: after all said and done for me I prefer to beg somebody walking on the street for hundred naira shame no go gree me enter bank go withdraw 5h which kind hard earn money be dat if truly I dey work hard why my account dey read 505 naira balance .by the time I think of that ever crowded GTBANK or Ope that pretty cashier wey i dey die for, or bisola the one wey dey trip for me my spirit no gree me for me never I can't
to me, shame of begging on the street is more than that of withdrawing.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by Temagg(f): 9:26am On Oct 03, 2013
Its nt fuuny,i was so broke abt 3wks ago dat i had to withdraw #500 from d #1500 cos ma Atm had expired...d chasier lukd at my face and ask wy....i was lik 'i just need it' i collectd ma money and left...wy should i b shy,afterall its my money.
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by Joshrob(m): 9:51am On Oct 03, 2013
rickie4us: it has actually happened to me. But in my own case, I borrowed 500 from someone, paid in 500 and used the atm to withdraw 1000
grin
Your's is even better. This happen to me in sch around march this year .I have only #215 in my account,I have to borrow 800 from my stingy girlfriend to pay in to my acct, i told her I will pay her immediately when am back. I pay in the 800 to make my money #1015,wait outside the bank for the money to reflect,and I use my atm to withdraw #1000. When i later told her,she could not stop laughing at me.
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by favcom(m): 10:39am On Oct 03, 2013
Interesting thread. Got me cracking since grin cheesy
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by ayti: 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
kai its hard but doable i guess
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
of course i can do it if i had to...i've withdrawn the equivalent of about 60 naira before...whose business is it? any bank that refuses to pay me my money is acting illegally and any cashier who makes any silly or familiar comment ought to be sacked immediately. if not for the unprofessional bush attitude which has nigeria as its natural habitat why would this even be an issue? go to the western countries, nobody gives a monkey's bum bum how much you are withdrawing. in fact if i get angry one day i will walk inot a banjk and withdraw 100 naira let me see who will tell me something i don't want to hear.

on a side note if you know you don't have money why bother putting the little you have into an account only to be giving yourself unecessary stress??
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by kinnad(m): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
benkings: cheesy op dey monitor me ooo,i just qo withdraw my last 510 naira from my account dis morninq, abi na u be dat cashier wen qimme d moni for bank,d quy jst dey look me with bad eye n i dey kill am with my hunqer smile. Why shall i shy cheesy
grin grin grin. comedian!
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by chidozy15(m): 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
See question o!! I do it on the regular. Thank God say I get strong face sef, thunder fire that cashier weh go do face for me.
I was shy the first few times sha, but as I make it a habit to save #500 in my account for emergencies, I had to get used to it.
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by ozoemeka(m): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
If it's all you have, then it is
OCTAVO: Would you feel shy to make a counter withdrawal of N500 from your bank?
I remember a particular time I was dead broke about 7 years ago, I had only N500 in my account then. I quickly dashed to the bank, made my counter withdrawal and rolled out 'sharpaly'. Years gone by, I don't see myself repeating such again. Not even N1,000.
But I guess some people may not have any problem with withdrawing as low as N500 smiley
Can you make a counter withdrawal of N500?
If you can't, what would be your minimum cash out?
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by whiteroses(f): 3:02am On Oct 04, 2013
adexsimply: I have never made a counter withdrawal..maybe cheque sha ..but I wouldn't think twice about it if I have to do it

I really hate going to banks embarassed embarassed

Which kind of Gay text style expression is this? Nitori Nairaland eya gele skontolo grin this is nonsense and stupid

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by Youngzedd(m): 10:50am On Oct 04, 2013
DonColz1: When my mates are withdrawal 1 million naira na me go come dey withdrawal 500 naira, i will be shy oh!!

Same here lol.
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by adexsimply(m): 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
whiteroses:

Which kind of Gay text style expression is this? Nitori Nairaland eya gele skontolo grin this is nonsense and stupid
grin grin
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by grandstar(m): 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE, ACTUALLY SEVERAL TIMES. LOL
Re: Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? by bxcode(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2013
I've had somehow similar experience, it has happened to me some years back in school, i wasn't with my atm that particular day and i needed that money badly, as i entered the bank i forgot to check my account balance with d customer care, not knowing that i have below 1k in d acc, i happily wrote 1k on teller, d cashier after going through my acc simply returned d teller to me without uttering a word, i come ask am what's wrong, he asked me to look behind d teller and lo and behold was my acc balance, i peeled out of d bank within seconds.gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Board Appointments Cause A Stir / 34 Companies Got Three-year Tax Holiday In 2023 – FG / Immediate Past NLNG Managing Director Babs Omotowa Appointed Shell VP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.