Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration (2973 Views)

Dokpesi's Son At Aso Rock, Presents Card To Buhari (see Photo) / Murray-bruce Throws Graduation Party For Son At His Beverly Hills Mansion -pics / Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by dondumexx(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2013
Things could not be said to be at ease between the ex-military dictator, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (retd) simply called IBB and his son, Muhammed also known as Maipolo over the latter’s 2015 gubernatorial ambition in Niger State.
An impeccable source informed encomium Weekly that Maradona, as IBB is fondly addressed, has refused to give Muhammed his blessings concerning his plan to govern the state in the next political dispensation.
Although, reasons for the disagreement between the former Head of State and his son on the issue are still sketchy, our source disclosed that IBB just wants to play safe, and prevent the family from being labeled power hungry. Not only that, the one-time military tactician was also said to have restricted Muhammed’s move to relocate to the family’s village in Wushishi Local Government Area, in Niger North Senatorial District, which is expected to produce the governor of the state in line with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) zoning arrangement.

This, according to our source, didn’t go down well with Muhammed who is already planning to move his family to the village to enable him vie for the governorship ticket.

Equally, Muhammed’s sister, Aisha, who is solidly behind him was said to be unhappy with their father for not supporting her brother’s aspiration to take over from the incumbent governor, Alhaji Aliyu Babangida come May 29, 2015.

“From all indications, there seems to be a very serious problem in IBB’s family right now. It’s only if they just want to be economical with the truth. I learnt Muhammed has been disallowed by his father to relocate to their original village in Wushishi Local Government, which could have availed him the ticket to contest for the state’s number one seat in 2015 on the platform of PDP because it’s the turn of that zone to produce the governor. Now, I learnt IBB’s refusal has resulted in a serious crisis not only between him and Muhammed but other children, including Aisha. But I learnt Aisha is trying everything to convince their father so that Muhammed’s effort won’t be in vein, having spent a lot of money on the ambition.”

Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 01, 2013
Just out of curiousity can someone post Muhammed Babangida's profile?

His education and experience and his achievements
Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by Brimmie(m): 12:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
mikeansy: Just out of curiousity can someone post Muhammed Babangida's profile?

His education and experience and his achievements

Try WikiPedia bruhh!!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Babangida
Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by tpia5: 12:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
Thats the father's profile.
Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by Boboedom: 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
This is family problems but my advise is that the son should listen to his father. This is because the father is wiser!!!
Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
Qualification: Proficient Polo Player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGqtYe2JQuk (Video features Joe - singing one of his ditties)

Nah joke.

Finishing his studies in famous educational institutions and Europe, Mohammed Babangida has an interest and sincerely working in public education campaigns as part of his dedication to his family’s philanthropic activities. A hard driving executive, he genuinely carries a soft spot for his coutrymen – valuable qualities that classify a whole new breed of world-class leaders.

His excellence in the business world and leadership is effectively manifested in his love for sports, particularly Polo, a game that is presently having a tremendous transformation in Nigeria from one generation to another. A proficient sportsperson, Mohammed Babangida is also a qualified Polo player and an associate of the Kaduna Polo Club. He is also the Patron of the El-Amin Polo Club, with a Polo team that owns some of the best horses in the world. Like his dedication to business, Mohammed Babangida is likewise truly devoted in showing the beauty and thrills of the game of Polo to his very own countrymen.
Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
Boboedom: This is family problems but my advise is that the son should listen to his father. This is because the father is wiser!!!

IBB knows that his son has not done anything on his own to aspire to be Governor

I really have no interest in getting involved in their private family squabbles but if Muhammed Babangida wants to run for Governor let us assess his life time achievements

being son of IBB is not one of those achievements
Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Does he have any experience in politics other than being the son of a military president? I don't think so! He should STFU and enjoy his father's loot!
Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
mikeansy:

IBB knows that his son has not done anything on his own to aspire to be Governor

I really have no interest in getting involved in their private family squabbles but if Muhammed Babangida wants to run for Governor let us assess his life time achievements

being son of IBB is not one of those achievements

Like me, I see you drive a hard bargain.
In between polo tournaments, this particular Babangida has more or less been running the family business for the last 20 years grin

Mohammed Babangida
Board of Director at INTERCITY BANK PLC
NigeriaBanking

Current
INTERCITY BANK PLC, El-Amin Ltd

Education
The Robert Gordon University

Board of Director
INTERCITY BANK PLC
January 2006 – Present (7 years 10 months)
Member compensation committee In 2004, I was appointed to be on the “committee of directors” of the six merging Banks. We were charged with the responsibilities of directing the affairs of the merger. Consultants were appointed by us to conduct legal, financial, and Human Capital due diligence on each of the member bank. By Mid 2005, we inherited three other banks and each were subjected to the same conditions as the first six. It is on record that we are the largest group to have successfully merged nine (9) banks. With share holders funds of N33billion.

DIRECTOR
El-Amin Ltd
March 1994 – Present (19 years 8 months)
Privately owned company with emphasis in petroleum, precious metal, gem stones. education and Agriculture
Developed Excellence in Sales training course.

Education
The Robert Gordon University
MSC, MSC Oil and Gas Managemen
2008 – 2010

Harvard Business School
Executive Program
2000 – 2002
Activities and Societies: Plays Polo

University of Business and Finance
BA, Business Administration

Source: http://www.linkedin.com/
Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by switdil(f): 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mtcheeewwww
Wetin concern me
E no pay my salary
So make em park well
Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by redsun(m): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nigerians are being ruled by mob clans.Just like his father his is coming in to continue with the lineage of looting and the oppression of spell bound nigerians.
Re: IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration by Urine: 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Like me, I see you drive a hard bargain.
In between polo tournaments, this particular Babangida has more or less been running the family business for the last 20 years grin

Source: http://www.linkedin.com/

He has RGU on his CV, he's free to contest.

(1) (Reply)

State That GEJ Will Win In 2015 / Nigeria Decides: Result From Benue South Senitorial District / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.