Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (73957 Views)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
IHate9ja1:

was held down by the police yesternite becoz of the curfew @ ado,few minutes later two bike came rumbling and were stopped by the police,one was asked to push his bike aside coz a vehicle was approaching from the back and after explanation they zoomed off,the 3rd came too but was carrying a passenger.av u met matilda in person?
Trust u enjoying P. Hotels?
Thanks for anwersing my Q's!

Had police issues too. Was riding around 2am and was stopped. Flashed my convention pass and that was it.
P. Hotels is cool

If you're in Ado, why don't you walk up for an intro? I assume you can find me if you wanna?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
IHate9ja1:
@ shagati by car its takes more than 4hrs from lagos to ekiti and @least 9hrs from Lagos to Abuja
1. How many hours does it takes you to drive from lagos to Ekiti on you bike?
2. How many riding hours from lagos to abuja...any idea/av u done it ?
3. Kindly tell the d highest speed you av attained while riding on long trips?
4. Did madam get angry/afraid when u bought your bike?
Tanx bozz

1. 3 hrs plus
2. I've done it in 6 hrs before. Usual is 7.5- 8hrs
3. Hmmmm. Let's just say I know someone who knows someone that did 270km/h on the Benin Bypass, 230km/h on 3rd Mainland and 282km/h on the Eleko to La Campagne Tropicana road. All speedo indicated times.
4. Met her as a rider so no issues there

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
@Shagatti please take pics abeg make we feed our eyes till we buy our bikes.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Shagati:

Had police issues too. Was riding around 2am and was stopped. Flashed my convention pass and that was it.
P. Hotels is cool

If you're in Ado, why don't you walk up for an intro? I assume you can find me if you wanna?

honestly i wld av loved to ryt now.but u know as a graduate am still job hunting,so i still depend on my parents for cash.wld be in ado nxtwk tuesday,when are you guyz leaving?
2a.m you lucky sir.those bikes command respects the exhaust rumblings wld make their mouth wide open ajar.how do you manage to drive @ night?
U are a pro.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
lemmie knw when you guys are leaving?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
lemmie knw when you guys are leaving?
But looking @ d lagos to abuja trip i think,there should be a time record of less than 6hrs,looking @ how powerful a 1000cc bike is.
Another question is,can a good okada rider handle a hayabusa?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
cne010:

Will do
Will open another thread for it

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Carshopper(m): 6:50am On Oct 05, 2014
Shagati:

Will do
Will open another thread for it

Shagati da boss..... Saw peeps riding along Benin going to ado...Mehn bike don enta my head again ooo

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
Attention @ all
like play like play,i meet shagati live in flesh and blood today in Ekiti.so handsome,kind and warm hearted.he his the first NLD'ER i av meet till date.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
...shagati #salutesyoubozz# his bike was massive.files too large.
More blessings.had to travel more than an hours journey to meet him.
Its a big man's club
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by oblo(m): 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nice
IHate9ja1:
Attention @ all
like play like play,i meet shagati live in flesh and blood today in Ekiti.so handsome,kind and warm hearted.he his the first NLD'ER i av meet till date.

Good to know... known Shagati..on this forum long long time now.. called him. wayback when I was in the market for a bike.. some peeps are just the easy going types and it sure radiates round them... Hope u had a spin in his bike...erm... after you had paid for it sha.... grin.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
oblo:
Nice

Good to know... known Shagati..on this forum long long time now.. called him. wayback when I was in the market for a bike.. some peeps are just the easy going types and it sure radiates round them... Hope u had a spin in his bike...erm... after you had paid for it sha.... grin.
yes u very right,so simple.didnt get a ride but the exhaust sound left my mouth Ajar.he was about leaving when i arrived.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
cne010:

For you

https://www.nairaland.com/1934763/motorcycle-pictures-2014-bikers-convention
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
Carshopper:

Shagati da boss..... Saw peeps riding along Benin going to ado...Mehn bike don enta my head again ooo

Pull the trigger bro. cheesy
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by omoajiri(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
@ shagati...thanks for the updates iv already subscribed to the tread on the 2014 convention hopefully I'll be available for the next 1.
I still get the downlow on what went down there and I will also upload d pixs I'll get frm my friend who went to the convention.
The pix Im seeing here makes me feel my 07 Yamaha R6 is 'inadequate' but thats just for now.
I hope the ANMC impasse has been resolved fully now, the Ndubisi Kanu faction et all. I dnt belong to any club per say but it will do much good if the umbrella body's house is in good order.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Carshopper(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
Shagati:

Pull the trigger bro. cheesy

the trigger is in motion...but the head nigger in charge (Mrs) dey block the am ooo
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
@ Shagati.........Questions
1. How many years experience do you av riding a superbike?
2. How many of them have you owned so far?
3. Despite the fatal accidents experieenced by bike riders,what has been your sources of motivation to keep riding(what has kept you going)?
4. For how long do you wish to keep riding/do you intend to retire from biking?
5. What has been the longest period you abstained from riding your bike?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 7:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
IHate9ja1:

@ Shagati.........Questions
1. How many years experience do you av riding a superbike?
2. How many of them have you owned so far?
3. Despite the fatal accidents experieenced by bike riders,what has been your sources of motivation to keep riding(what has kept you going)?
4. For how long do you wish to keep riding/do you intend to retire from biking?
5. What has been the longest period you abstained from riding your bike?
You don come again wink
1. First rode a sports bike (Honda CBR 250) in 1997. Owned a bike continously since 2003
2. I think I am on my 9th bike. #10 loading wink
Suzuki GSX-F
Kawasaki ZX-7
2002 Kawasaki ZX6-R
2001 Yamaha R1
Suzuki Dakar 650
2004 Yamaha FZ1
2008 Yamaha R1
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2013 BMW R1200GS
3. Lack of crashing(?)
4. Till I can't ride anymore
5. 10 months in 2007. I was bikeless and broke. First cash I made, I bought a bike. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
Shagati:

You don come again wink
1. First rode a sports bike (Honda CBR 250) in 1997. Owned a bike continously since 2003
2. I think I am on my 9th bike. #10 loading wink
Suzuki GSX-F
Kawasaki ZX-7
2002 Kawasaki ZX6-R
2001 Yamaha R1
Suzuki Dakar 650
2004 Yamaha FZ1
2008 Yamaha R1
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2013 BMW R1200GS
3. Lack of crashing(?)
4. Till I can't ride anymore
5. 10 months in 2007. I was bikeless and broke. First cash I made, I bought a bike. cheesy

my Oga,u wont understand sir.there is a thick difference btw fancy and an inborn desire to own something,i dont just fancy bikes,i want to own and i will one day.you have been riding for a long time mehn....thats great.i av been riding an okada since 2006.
4 wheeler move the body,2wheelers move the soul.
Meaning...till date you av bought more bikes than cars.
I dey come....

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by omoajiri(m): 9:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
IHate9ja1:

my Oga,u wont understand sir.there is a thick difference btw fancy and an inborn desire to own something,i dont just fancy bikes,i want to own and i will one day.you have been riding for a long time mehn....thats great.i av been riding an okada since 2006.
4 wheeler move the body,2wheelers move the soul.
Meaning...till date you av bought more bikes than cars.
I dey come....

Bros, no dull ooo.
Come, come, come!!!
I was like you a couple of months ago but I finally took the gauntlet around March 2014 and im currently on my 3rd bike.
@ Shagati.....platinum respect sir. I duff my helmet.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
@omoajiri,very soon i pray it wld be my turn...na Nigerian factor dey affect me.
@Shagati....mighty man of valor,all am doing is to keep this thread going and interesting,thats the reasons for my questions and its been fun to av a first hand experience with you sir.
Questions for Saturday(tomoro)...
1. Is there a means one can import a bike @ an affordable price from abroad?....good bikes aint cheap.
2. Can a 300cc bike e.g kawasaki 300 make a trip such as the likes of the just concluded bikers convention....(long trips)?
3. In respect to your riding experience,talking of affordability,spare parts availability,servicing,maintenance,reliablity and technical know-how of repairs,which bike brand do you see as the best/prefer(suzuki,yamaha,kawasaki,bmw to name a few)?
4. During your years of riding,what has been ur best elated & memorable experience?
5. What is the longest trip your av done within Nigeria?
My Observation:power/sport/superbike riding is an expensive sport,i must clearly admit,the total cost of accessories i.e helmet,jackets,armour,pants,riding boots,gloves,google et al,all together is enough to buy a tokunbo vehicle.a good helmet alone cost above 60k....its a daring and expensive hobby for the strong hearted.keep it up sir.
Maybe you should get an hayabusa....lol
#salutes

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
IHate9ja1:

Questions for Saturday(tomoro)...
1. Is there a means one can import a bike @ an affordable price from abroad?
2. Can a 300cc bike e.g kawasaki 300 make a trip such as the likes of the just concluded bikers convention....(long trips)?
3. Which bike brand do you see as the best/prefer?
4. Best elated & memorable experience?
5. What is the longest trip your av done within Nigeria?

Maybe you should get an hayabusa....lol
#salutes
1. Not sure what you mean by affordable but yes!
2. Someone (or more) has ridden the entire length of South America to North America (20,000km+) on a Honda 125cc bike. You know the saying about elède á de Oyo....?
3. No bike brand is the best. Many brands are good at many things. All depends on what you want.
4. None sticks out. All rides are memorable. Maybe when I do the Lagos-London-Lagos trip cool
5. Lagos-Uyo-Lagos (1600km) round trip

A 'Busa doesn't fit my style of riding right now. This isn't saying there is no possibility.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
omoajiri:

@ Shagati.....platinum respect sir. I duff my helmet.

I doff right back.
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2014
Shagati:

1. Not sure what you mean by affordable but yes!
2. Someone (or more) has ridden the entire length of South America to North America (20,000km+) on a Honda 125cc bike. You know the saying about elède á de Oyo....?
3. No bike brand is the best. Many brands are good at many things. All depends on what you want.
4. None sticks out. All rides are memorable. Maybe when I do the Lagos-London-Lagos trip cool
5. Lagos-Uyo-Lagos (1600km) round trip

A 'Busa doesn't fit my style of riding right now. This isn't saying there is no possibility.

Sir do u mean you intend to do lagos to london and back to lagos trip.....mehn you are so strong.
Lastly,do you know of any website where clean bikes are sold @ auction abroad.all av been seeing is accidented bikes.
Enjoy your wkend sir.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by ivoryhouse(m): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hello people, interesting thread. Almost every man dreams of owning a power bike someday: few ever do!
@shagati what is the difference between moto bikes and all terrain vehicles ( with 3 or 4 wheels)?
125cc, 300cc 600cc..what is ths significance? Can you please compare to horsepower so we can relate to cars?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by omoajiri(m): 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2014
Please like this page 'FD breaking limits' on facebook.
Its all about a Nigerian who is embarking on riding a bike from South Africa to Lagos. He had already done Lagos-Europe-Lagos on a bike and you can see the diary on the facebook page.
Pleade share and creat much publicity as you can.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
^^

Already done that. Some guys from Eagles Motorcycle club are similarly embarking on an Out-of-Nigeria world motorcycle tour.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by itsadey: 4:06am On Nov 24, 2014
I really want to drive to accra but i dont know if i can in my car. Ive increased the high by about 3 inches by adding bigger sized rims but i keep hearing mixed stories about the state of the roads
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2014
itsadey:
I really want to drive to accra but i dont know if i can in my car. Ive increased the high by about 3 inches by adding bigger sized rims but i keep hearing mixed stories about the state of the roads

Like one of the greatest philosophers of our time said, YES, YOU CAN! wink
No special preparation is required. get in your car and go!

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by itsadey: 12:47am On Nov 26, 2014
Shagati:

Like one of the greatest philosophers of our time said, YES, YOU CAN! wink
No special preparation is required. get in your car and go!

Sir shagati the model is a 6 series. These are quite low but they do okay on lagos roads. Did you encounter any larger than usual potholes and/or really bad roads?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 8:45am On Nov 26, 2014
itsadey:

Sir shagati the model is a 6 series. These are quite low but they do okay on lagos roads. Did you encounter any larger than usual potholes and/or really bad roads?

Again I say; no issues!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Is The Most Expensive Car In The World in 2023 / This Is How Lawyers Advertise Themselves With Their Cars (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.