Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,323 members, 7,957,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (75211 Views)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
Originalsly: OK...a touring bike....
Yes, Hypersports Tourer. Don't forget the hypersports cool

Originalsly: was thinking was like a racing bike!...
Faster and more comfortable than a racing bike

Originalsly: and maybe the rider developed back problems and couldn't make the return trip......
No, I said earlier that he returned to Lagos a day before the rest of us

Originalsly: Did you guys ride at nights too?....l
Not during the trip to and fro but yes we rode within Accra at night

Originalsly: and how well you managed bad roads? ...
There was an 18km stretch of road that had been stripped for reconstruction in Benin Republic. (I am sure there is a picture or two to follow) It was very dry and dusty on the outbound journey and very muddy/slippery on the return journey because it rained 2 days before. Almost like Motocross angry
All other roads were fine except the Okoko to Seme stretch which was pot-hole infested. Not a problem for two wheels though as you can go around potholes without slowing down.

Originalsly: ...any pleasant surprises along the way?...scary moments?...
None that I can recall

Originalsly: what's the fastest speed you clocked?....
We were well within the speed limits at all times. #Cough! Cough!# lipsrsealed

Originalsly: if you do the trip again what would you do different? End of interview! Lol
I can't think of anything to be done differently. This trip is done and dusted. Next Stop? Mali? Burkina Faso? Morocco? wink

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by tdie: 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nice one Shagati.
Were there any 4 wheeled vehicles in your trip?
Would be nice to do such a trip with a combination of cars and bikes (with me safely in a carwink )
Would love to take part (next time) if cars are allowed...

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Originalsly: 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sounds great!....and extremely happy to learn that you guys kept within the speed limit! *cough cough*....(dust from the stripped road!)

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Fhemmmy: 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
Awesome, following with passion
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by gigabytes: 5:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Following Shagati all through... Kudos...
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by ricki: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
not enough picture to tell the interesting trip.

That is totally my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Fhemmmy: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
But please make sure there are more pix than talking oh
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by lertee(f): 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati: Requirements

- A working motorcycle (obviously wink )

- Documentation
: International driver's licence
: International passport (or the ECOWAS passport)
: International certificate of vaccination (Yellow card)
: International certificate for motor vehicles
: ECOWAS Motor vehicle insurance (a.k.a. Brown card)

- Currencies (USD, CFA, Cedis)

- An open mind and lots of patience (reasons for this would be explained later)
Ok,thanks for sharing. cool
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Cutesexy1(f): 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
Seen
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by dgifted: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
@op I think say na okada sef u use grin

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Jarus(m): 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
when i saw 'motor cycle' on teh homepage, was expecting to see okada-type machine grin

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by wazobiaN9(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
Yep, I saw these guys at A&C mall in Accra last weekend. Wasn't surprised they rode from Lagos, saw the Nigeria license plates on their bikes... I know my people have guts. I have driven across Lagos-Accra route a number of times myself, and currently drive my Lagos licensed car around Ghana.

Kudos guys!!!

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
Fhemmmy: But please make sure there are more pix than talking oh

Like biking on freeway with one hand to make pictures for you?

Shagati
Fun adventure. How many miles is it from Nigeria to Ghana? How much gas did you consume to get there?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Fhemmmy: 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
REALITY101:

Like biking on freeway with one hand to make pictures for you?

Shagati
Fun adventure. How many miles is it from Nigeria to Ghana? How much gas did you consume to get there?

cry
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by otokx(m): 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nice but we need more pictures.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nice, very nice.

Definetely a far cry from the Suzuki GT550, GT750, Triumph Tiger, BMW R60 that we used to ride back in the 80s in 9ja. Back then the longest distances was going from Abeokuta to UniIlorin, UniIbadan, etc for weekend parties or to the shrine. Back when 9ja was good, imho.

Still thinking of shipping my Ducati Supersports to Nigeria. Maybe I'll join you guys in one of my trips down home.

Still looking for one of my road dawgs, Dare, he used to ride a Suzuki GT550 and worked for an elevator repair company in Lagos back then.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
On the Wheelers FB page, someones got a 2012 Yamaha FZ8 with 6000miles on it for N1m. This is my favourite bike. Thought I should post here, perhaps someone might be interested.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nice bikes... Nice thread... Kudos OP.... Singing DMX's ruff ryders anthem *stop, drop, sort em down open up shop.. Ohh, goo, dats how ruff ryders roll.. Yo! Niggas wanna try (hey), niggas wanna high (hey), niggas wanna die (hey).. All I know is pain (ho), all I feel is strain (yea), how can I maintain?, with soot in my brain?.. Naija is violence, my people move in silence, like you don't what our style is*

Abeg I haf tired!

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Stunner1(f): 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ohh sh..it kiss i totally love bikers.... super super s.e.xyyyyy
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by iropelebe(m): 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
cool
Nice guts
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by spikesC(m): 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
lertee:
Ok,thanks for sharing. cool

What are you planning shocked

Don't leave me out wink
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by nekaa(f): 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sweet... Buh too risky for me sha...
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Hillaco: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
I like dis journey oooo
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
I feel so depressed,same work same life, I admire the op for this adventure, I think I need an escape like this.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Arysexy(m): 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
Whenever I see power bikers, wot comes to my mind is wot if...... At such top speed, a cow or goat jumps into d road, na flying away from d bike be dat and instant death. I never wan die!

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by BankuTilapia: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
As long as u were not exhibiting da talent most mumugerians r known for, den u r always welcome to my mother's country (Ghana). grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy Blooooooooooodclot mumugerian. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
@OP Thousands of people are expecting more pictures. I am just one of them. I might be too cowardice to ride a Guerilla Okada but am brave enough to look at "pishures".

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by chronique(m): 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hmmm! @ op: I noticed a group of bikers riding through my lot on that egbeda road leading to lasu last week or thereabout. Also noticed same thing about 2 weeks back. Were you part of them or do they belong to your group? Sometimes,they ride in convoy @ night and I usually pity them though. I used to admire the harley davidson,kawasaaki and ducati power bikes way back and always dreamt of owning one. But one terrible bike accident I had that almost took my life,has made me stay away from anything on 2 wheels for the rest of my life. I hardly climb okada and can't risk being on it on major roads. Wish you guys luck though.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by uchennaq(m): 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
As long as u were not exhibiting da talent most mumugerians r known for, den u r always welcome to my mother's country (Ghana). grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy Blooooooooooodclot mumugerian. grin cheesy

THIS IS WHY YOUR GHANA BABES PREFARE US...THEY ARE SO GOOD ON BED...

7 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
@ OP..... You have just traveled through a popular route, using a bike, which is awesome....

I really like the concept..... If Nigeria becomes safer and more bicycle friendly, I intend to ride a bicycle from Lagos to Accra too, maybe for charity.. grin grin grin grin

@ OP, I'm thinking maybe next time, you attach a mini camera to your bike, so that we can see the landmarks, the nice views, the people and the countries.

You then upload it to Youtube, like a form of documentary.. wink wink wink

14 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
Totally radical...living my dream.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by AkinDavid2: 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
Creative concept

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Is The Most Expensive Car In The World in 2023 / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.