Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (73902 Views)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by spinna: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
Guys if i may ask why not just jeans boots leather jacket and helmet?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2013
eaglechild:
If that is your bike then you are a confirmed big boy.

Hmm.... Then what would you say about the owner of the BMW K1600 GTL?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:48am On Nov 03, 2013
spinna: Guys if i may ask why not just jeans boots leather jacket and helmet?
It's actually a matter of choice bro.
Some people ride in t.shirt, shorts and flip flops. If it works for them, fine.

My question to you is: the day you hit the tarmac at horizontal velocity of 60km/h (++), what would YOU rather be wearing? Fully certified kit or stuff that would disintegrate on impact?

Google the acronym ATGATT
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:50am On Nov 03, 2013
azpekuliar:

Hmm.... Then what would you say about the owner of the BMW K1600 GTL?

Bigger Man? grin wink
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
tnktosin:
Hoping to get a Honda CB1000R in 2014 then I'd resume my solo long trips wink

Isn't she a beauty?

Absolute beauty. I love my street bikes. kiss

The Suzuki B-King. One for the future.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
Shagati:
It's actually a matter of choice bro.
Some people ride in t.shirt, shorts and flip flops. If it works for them, fine.

My question to you is: the day you hit the tarmac at horizontal velocity of 60km/h (++), what would YOU rather be wearing? Fully certified kit or stuff that would disintegrate on impact?

Google the acronym ATGATT

All The Gear All The Time.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Uzzie: 1:16am On Nov 06, 2013
azpekuliar: On the Wheelers FB page, someones got a 2012 Yamaha FZ8 with 6000miles on it for N1m. This is my favourite bike. Thought I should post here, perhaps someone might be interested.

mail ur phone number lets talk usman.akoji@yahoo.com
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Uzzie: 1:55am On Nov 06, 2013
OmoAkerele: Wetin dey…Why are so many people skeptic. Like Shagati said, Lagos to Accra is only 460 km, In my option the most frustrating part about the trip are the border crossing, in particular Aflao. Nice one Shagati, I enjoyed the few pictures.

@ omoajiri; I would be selling my 2008 Yamaha R6 end of Nov, it’s an ideal bike for starters (if you aren’t above 6 feet tall). I most warn you you’ll probably get an R6 cheaper than mine at Ebute-Metta/Oyingbo, but mine’s got full Yamaha service history, 1 owner and it’s ready for Shagati kind trips.

kindly mail me sir usman.akoji@yahoo.com
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 9:14am On Nov 06, 2013
Shagati:

Bigger Man? grin wink

Few mortals would put N4m down on a bike.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
Where is Shagati? angry
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
Here sir
How may I help you?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Alright! smiley So after deep thought I decided an FZ-8 wasn't a suitable to bike to start off on, so I passed on the opportunity. I instead purchased a used 2010 Special Edition Kawsaki Ninja 250r late last month. The bike has been sitting in my driveway for weeks until I rode for the first time 2 nights ago, and I'm loving her! I couldn't resist the urge to start riding, even though I should be attending Kanu's class in January. grin

Bikers tell me I would outgrow it quickly, (I knew that already before buying) and I have no regrets buying this bike. Just as I have read on internet forums in the last 3 years, it's a great beginner bike. I made a couple of newbie errors, like poor braking and the bike forgave me. I am not I would have gotten away with such mistakes on a 600cc + bike.

I started out with some slow speed riding, learning to come to a stop properly, I have even begun to "play" a little with the bike wink by hitting speeds up to 60km/h and shifting up to the 5th gear. cheesy

So to the newbies, I join in recommending this bike. The bike is goodlooking, Hongda has even stiffened the competition in the 250cc category with the CBR250. The new Ninja 300r too is lovely. Do not be tempted to get something you'll be scared to ride or crash. All that vroom vroooom and posing on the 600cc + class would come later. The rewards of being a great rider/biker are certainly worth the months & years of practice it takes to become one.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
azpekuliar:
Do not be tempted to get something you'll be scared to ride or crash. All that vroom vroooom and posing on the 600cc + class would come later. The rewards of being a great rider/biker are certainly worth the months/years of practice it takes to become one.

Great! You finally bit the bullet. grin
Your post above is very true especially the highlighted portion.
It would be interesting for you to note also that learning never stops while riding. I rode to work during the week and I still discovered traffic/road/car driver combinations that I have never experienced before.

Always ride with a clear head and remember...ATGATT!!

Which of the below is yours?

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
This.

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
Enjoy this nice video! I watched it all through Sunday night, and wherever the confidence came from, in the morning, I packed my work clothes, prepared my Ninja and off to work I rode! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vnlmdSu7U
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 05, 2014
I there should officially be a thread for bikers!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
cne010: I there should officially be a thread for bikers!

I made such a request in Nov 2011 and it was pointed out that critical mass was lacking. Oh well embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/796363/inspired-chelseabmw-monitor-1-new
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by omoajiri(m): 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
Finally, someone resurrects this thread.
I finally changed the rear tyre of my Suzuki Gizzer after 5 months of fair usage.
The old tire finally bow to nature after extensive usage as it leaks from over 10 punctures.
To the Pros in the house, this rookie says a big 'Tuaile'! But your boy don dey do well well ooo.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by azpekuliar: 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Since we can't get a child board, thinking maybe we can adopt this thread as the official bikers thread and make it a sticky thread.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by omoajiri(m): 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
^^ I concur.

Let us all as much as we can ccreate much traffic or updates on bikes and see if Mr. Seun Osewa & his supper moderators can do someting on this.
I will try upload some pictures......

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 06, 2014
omoajiri: Finally, someone resurrects this thread.
I finally changed the rear tyre of my Suzuki Gizzer after 5 months of fair usage.
The old tire finally bow to nature after extensive usage as it leaks from over 10 punctures.
To the Pros in the house, this rookie says a big 'Tuaile'! But your boy don dey do well well ooo.

I dey envy you bros you're already a pro.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by omoajiri(m): 7:04am On Aug 06, 2014
...here is a pal possing with the Gizzer after I change the tyre.

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2014
Create a thread specially for motorbikes and let me know I'd help you out.

MODERATOR.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 25, 2014
Mr Shagati I really admire ur guts cos u have got balls of 9 men to embark on this journey. With all d bribery and corruption @ d borders. I enjoyed every single bit of your adventure in pictures. Looking forward to your next trip. Cheers.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2014
dumo1: Mr Shagati I really admire ur guts cos u have got balls of 9 men to embark on this journey. With all d bribery and corruption @ d borders. I enjoyed every single bit of your adventure in pictures. Looking forward to your next trip. Cheers.

Thank you sir.
We were a bit isolated from the 'bribery and corruption' at the borders as we insisted on doing all transactions by the book not minding time delays.

Cheers
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by spinna: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2014
This is something Nigerian Bikers have been craving .. a place to call their own on the Internet. We're very pleased to introduce you all to:

Naija Biker TV!

Here you will find ride reviews, meet bikers and learn a lot of bikey stuff grin especially as regards safety, training. Also great for advertising bikes for sale or biking shops. call or text for enquiries : 08023626085
Suggestions and helpful comments are welcome

.Naija Biker TV ! Subscribe and Comment Please ! Also share with every motorbike rider you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbwhN-bRh7A

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
@ shagati..my question goes thus..
1. Do you belong to any biker club,if yes kindly name it?
2. Which do you prefer for long distance travel btw ur powerbike and your bimmer?
3. How much does it cost to get a good bike?
4. What does it takes to ride one?
5. Do your find your bike more faster than ur car when travelling?
6. Are you presently in Ado Ekiti for the present bikers convention?
7. What does it takes to ride a bike in the rain?
8. Have you ever drove it to your workplace..i mean how do you change cloths if you do?
Looking forward to hear from u sir!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
Wow! Many questions

IHate9ja1: @ shagati..my question goes thus..
1. Do you belong to any biker club,if yes kindly name it?
2. Which do you prefer for long distance travel btw ur powerbike and your bimmer?
3. How much does it cost to get a good bike?
4. What does it takes to ride one?
5. Do your find your bike more faster than ur car when travelling?
6. Are you presently in Ado Ekiti for the present bikers convention?
7. What does it takes to ride a bike in the rain?
8. Have you ever drove it to your workplace..i mean how do you change cloths if you do?
Looking forward to hear from u sir!

1. Yes. Would rather not say online. Can tell you via pm
2. Bike. More comfortable. Faster. Less stress.
3. 300k to 6.5m (ask Coscharis for the 2012 BMW R1200T - bloody olés)
4. Interest and means
5. See #2. Not so much blind speed but the fact that you spend less time navigating bad patches and traffic. And erm.... The blind speed helps too cheesy
6. Yes
7. 40% more care and awareness....and the proper tyres in good condition
8. I ride to work many Fridays especially when my office was in VI. I ride in jeans and a tshirt under my bike jacket. Extra shirt and casual shoes in my topbox.

More questions?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Shagati: Wow! Many questions

1. Yes. Would rather not say online. Can tell you via pm
2. Bike. More comfortable. Faster. Less stress.
3. 300k to 6.5m (ask Coscharis for the 2012 BMW R1200T - bloody olés)
4. Interest and means
5. See #2. Not so much blind speed but the fact that you spend less time navigating bad patches and traffic. And erm.... The blind speed helps too cheesy
6. Yes
7. 40% more care and awareness....and the proper tyres in good condition
8. I ride to work many Fridays especially when my office was in VI. I ride in jeans and a tshirt under my bike jacket. Extra shirt and casual shoes in my topbox.

More questions?

was held down by the police yesternite becoz of the curfew @ ado,few minutes later two bike came rumbling and were stopped by the police,one was asked to push his bike aside coz a vehicle was approaching from the back and after explanation they zoomed off,the 3rd came too but was carrying a passenger.av u met matilda in person?
Trust u enjoying P. Hotels?
Thanks for anwersing my Q's!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
@ shagati by car its takes more than 4hrs from lagos to ekiti and @least 9hrs from Lagos to Abuja
1. How many hours does it takes you to drive from lagos to Ekiti on you bike?
2. How many riding hours from lagos to abuja...any idea/av u done it ?
3. Kindly tell the d highest speed you av attained while riding on long trips?
4. Did madam get angry/afraid when u bought your bike?
Tanx bozz
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by omoajiri(m): 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
It never occured to me that Shagati et all bikers here will be in Ado for the convention.
I havent ever attend any convention and I was hopeful I wld attend this year's but its clash with the 'ileya festival' dashed that hope. Next year own is still in view.
I gat a few of my guys there sha...Doya, Big dee, soul etc
@ shagati....please post pictures of the convention here or creat a tread for that. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 100Cents: 8:58am On Oct 04, 2014
Shagati: Landed in Accra, straight to the hotel, hit the showers, and then some dinner.

This is the most interesting rendition I have seen of mashed potatoes and seafood sauce. Yum! cheesy

Life is good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Old Cat Hides Under Donald Trump's $1.5m Armoured Beasts Limo,Render It Useless / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Is The Most Expensive Car In The World in 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.