Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (73883 Views)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Fhemmmy: 11:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati:

Done Sir

You are a great guy and i am jealous oh, i wish i know how to ride those things and now you making me to wanna go and learn oh

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 11:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
nadia_SA: Sleeping on shagati's thread this night

I swear I love bikers!!... Not okada type abeG
omo, u go wound ooo! If a bike accident is to occur, its usually fatal. It can be death or a donor is needed at times. Omo, no ride with bikers.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
REALITY101:
Shagati
Fun adventure. How many miles is it from Nigeria to Ghana? How much gas did you consume to get there?

290miles / 460km

Less than 33 litres of petrol on my own bike

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by pharmow: 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Thumbs up guys................I'm sure it was fun filled adventure for U
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
360command: omo, u go wound ooo! If a bike accident is to occur, its usually fatal. It can be death or a donor is needed at times. Omo, no ride with bikers.
don't make me scared oo..

Bikers r cool cool cool
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by strangest(m): 11:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
nice one @op, are you related to Kanu Ogbonnaya, that rode all the way from Nigeria to europe on a bike with a Nigerian number... hes the bomb
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
Somorin#1:
Nice, very nice.
Definetely a far cry from the Suzuki GT550, GT750, Triumph Tiger, BMW R60 that we used to ride back in the 80s in 9ja. Back then the longest distances was going from Abeokuta to UniIlorin, UniIbadan, etc for weekend parties or to the shrine. Back when 9ja was good, imho.
Still thinking of shipping my Ducati Supersports to Nigeria. Maybe I'll join you guys in one of my trips down home.
Still looking for one of my road dawgs, Dare, he used to ride a Suzuki GT550 and worked for an elevator repair company in Lagos back then.

You are welcome to join any trip
There was a Ducati Monster (or was it a Streetfighter) that made the trip in another group
There are 848s, 1098s, 1198s, HyperMotards etc in Lagos sir

Dare Fagbemi?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by achimotan(m): 11:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
thank God for your lives
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by GHPATRIOT(m): 11:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Shagati from your narration, I guess you did not encounter any unprofessional conduct from Border officials during your Trip.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
chatterly:
wow,
This takes me way back,i was still in secondary school in the 80's but my big bros in those days in Ibadan were real bikers and the bikes usually used then were the GT550 auctioned off by the police,the Harley Davidson 1000's used by the original Oyo state road safety corps,and the triumphs which were bought from the Nigerian army. Those were really good days,SMH.i wonder if any of those bikes survive today?

Yeah I bought mine, an ex Army unit Triumph Tiger 750, from a Lady that was selling them on NTC road in Ibadan.

One of my friends died on his on Ring Road at one of the round abouts by the old trash dump near Liberty stadium.

I remember an Oyinbo Boy "Julian" that used to stay near JoyceB that had a GT750 (that was water cooled).

Edit:

Also remember that there were some BSA and Norton Commandos that we rode with too.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 12:00am On Oct 05, 2013
Arysexy: Whenever I see power bikers, wot comes to my mind is wot if...... At such top speed, a cow or goat jumps into d road, na flying away from d bike be dat and instant death. I never wan die!

The time, location and manner of your demise is totally outside your control.
Don't let it be your own excuse for not living.

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by OLOYEDEOREOLUWA(f): 12:03am On Oct 05, 2013
Wow. This is real adventure. Its good to know some nigerians don't get so caught up in work and forget to live their lives..afterall we only live once!

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 12:03am On Oct 05, 2013
Interesting
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 12:08am On Oct 05, 2013
Shagati:

Kanu is my friend
do you know Nonso , A.K.A simplicous ?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 12:08am On Oct 05, 2013
obo_man: @ OP..... You have just traveled through a popular route, using a bike, which is awesome....
I really like the concept..... If Nigeria becomes safer and more bicycle friendly, I intend to ride a bicycle from Lagos to Accra too, maybe for charity.. grin grin grin grin
@ OP, I'm thinking maybe next time, you attach a mini camera to your bike, so that we can see the landmarks, the nice views, the people and the countries.
You then upload it to Youtube, like a form of documentary.. wink wink wink

Spot on bro.
Next time, a helmet cam is an important accessory for taking stills and video
Noted
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 12:08am On Oct 05, 2013
360command: do you know Nonso , A.K.A simplicous ?
No
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 12:12am On Oct 05, 2013
Shagati:
No
ok, its all good. Your bike dress code reminds me of him. Though he rides his from accra to kumasi, kumasi to accra. Never heard him say he has ridden from ghana to 9ja. He is a good bike stunts man. Miss his bike skills.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Heyliesha(m): 12:13am On Oct 05, 2013
nadia_SA: grin naughty u!..
will you accomodate us in ur ause or a hotel....if its in your house...no prob. i will come..yoi just pm me wink
nadia_SA: grin naughty u!..
will you accomodate us in ur ause or a hotel....if its in your house...no prob. i will come..yoi just pm me
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 12:15am On Oct 05, 2013
Heyliesha: will you accomodate us in ur ause or a hotel....if its in your house...no prob. i will come..yoi just pm me winkwill you accomodate us in ur ause or a hotel....if its in your house...no prob. i will come..yoi just pm me
guy leave dat babe now, she is married. U no get money ni to stay for hotel. Which way sef ?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Heyliesha(m): 12:19am On Oct 05, 2013
360command: guy leave dat babe now, she is married. U no get money ni to stay for hotel. Which way sef ?
you be her mouthpiece?abi you don dey jelux say she dey give me attentn......4 ur info. i knw her husband(s).

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 12:24am On Oct 05, 2013
omoghana22: I DONT THINK THIS IS TRUE. IS IT THAT YOU GUYS DONT HAVE PICTURES TO PROVE? YOU MUST STOP AT 3 BORDERS BEFORE GETING TO ACCRA. WHERE ARE THE PICS. ONLY SEME? WHAT ABOUT ELAKOJI AND AFLAO. ANY THE IDEA IS A GOOD ONE........LET THE COMPETITION START.

To all the pix or nixers out there, I am also a strong advocate of pix or nix. Truth is I should indeed have taken more pictures than I did.
Picture taking usually entails:
Bike into neutral,
Side stand engaged,
Zip jacket down,
Reach for phone,
Gloves off,
Phone out of pouch
Enter phone unlock code,
Select camera,
CLICK!!! LOL!
Did this once or twice at traffic lights. Pics to come

But seriously, a helmet cam is the way to go

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 12:24am On Oct 05, 2013
Heyliesha: you be her mouthpiece?abi you don dey jelux say she dey give me attentn......4 ur info. i knw her husband(s).
if u sabi d husband y u com dey ask am for homestay. U b highman! Go rent hotel jor. Brokers!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by pendulasis: 12:32am On Oct 05, 2013
[quote author=Shagati]FINALLY! Stopped for pictures at a non-border location
I don't know where this was but it was a bay overlooking the Atlantic some kms into Togo. Beautiful scenery!
this bridge is a new bridge it was completed around may/June this year its one of the best view in TOGO

i love to do this road trip on a bike i de jealous
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 12:33am On Oct 05, 2013
Vicjustice: [size=27pt]But why are Nairalanders always preferring to be faceless, I mean, not even a single face shot in the numerous photos?[/size]

It's kinda difficult to appear in pictures if you're the one holding the camera bro wink.
Also, I don't have the permission of my mates to splash their faces all over the interweb
The purpose of this thread is to highlight a transnational trip and not to focus on any individual

PS: Wetin you wan take face do? Does it make reading the text arduous?

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 12:34am On Oct 05, 2013
GH PATRIOT: @Shagati from your narration, I guess you did not encounter any unprofessional conduct from Border officials during your Trip.

No sir. None at all
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by dayuz47(m): 12:36am On Oct 05, 2013
Get lastest Free Browsin+Hot Tutorials, pc& mobile tricks,Downloadin & Lot More All @ www.surestloaded.com
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 12:43am On Oct 05, 2013
PetroDolla:
you said you rode in Accra at night. Can you do the same thing at night in Lagos? I am just curious.
Yes, I ride as late (early) as 2am/3am from VI to the mainland.
Unless riding at night is illegal? Not as at the last time I checked wink

PetroDolla:
Secondly, you said the road network was good, except between Okoko to Seme. how bad was that road compared with those in the countries you visited? thank you very much
Not too bad like I have said. Dodge-able potholes
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 12:46am On Oct 05, 2013
olushollys: Yea, I actually saw these guys on thursday on my way to lome Togo, around a police check point in benin away from cotonue when they over took our car onE after the other, it was a beautiful sight and I later saw their bikes at "ilakoki" border . But u said you got to seme border around 730 if am correct, how come the car I was traveling in got ahead of you? I remember the car left seme borde park in cotonue around 12 noon

That was another group that left Lagos between 9-10am
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by GHPATRIOT(m): 12:49am On Oct 05, 2013
Shagati:

No sir. None at all

Wow! Good to know they are beign Professional, because I have heard a lot of negative tales from travellers about how they are harrased on the borders by immigration.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 12:54am On Oct 05, 2013
baby_123: All that biker gear in hot naija sun. *fainting*. Special biker gear is needed for Naija weather. Otherwise na ICU straight. Anyway, happy travels. Hopefully some bad belles will restrain themselves from hijacking these explorers and robbing them. Make sure to post your last location an hour or a day after you left. Especially on naija side.LOL

The gear is necessary but yes you're damn right! It is boiling in our 32 degrees weather wink. Especially when you are stationary embarassed
It is usual to lose 2-3kg in sweat during such trips
It is important to keep hydrated on these journeys, very important!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 05, 2013
Goodnyt swts..

Heyliesha garage is always available.. If u come with bike my babes gon accomodate u oo

I will accommodate shagati
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 1:00am On Oct 05, 2013
Dis Guy:

About $18,000 Sir, well within your range!

Lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Old Cat Hides Under Donald Trump's $1.5m Armoured Beasts Limo,Render It Useless / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Is The Most Expensive Car In The World in 2023