Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

A Nairalander's Lamentation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander's Lamentation (405 Views)

Ita Awak: The Lamentation Of A Cursed Politician :by Friday Willie / 80% Of My Advisers Are Useless – Jonathan In Last Minutes Lamentation / Weeping And Lamentation Thread For APC Over Nyako's Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Lamentation by ermycrin(m): 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
I believe their was once an OLD YORK before NEW YORK came into inception. Nigeria has a nation is not left out to experience this turning point, but whenever we refuse to leave our comfort zones, unpalatable event will begin to happen to us which i think we've had enough as a Nation.
Nigeria leaders having always justified the fate of its citizen, but their comes a time when we are pushed to the wall and we have nowhere to go. We cant just decide in our heart that we want to believe in Nigeria without leaving our comfort zones,their is a need for us to take steps every seconds to make this country a better place for us all.
This is my aspiration and a New Nigeria we so much seek and desire. The destiny of Nigeria is in our hands, we are the country and the country is us,we are Nigeria, we are that turning point generation.
However,the song of this gorgeous photographer-musician who is addicted to love comes to my mind, the lyrics goes thus:
we are the future,we are the dream,we are the nation, we are part of these. Yet we are so amazing,thats the least we shall be,the heart of the nations changes history. How can they say we are finished,we have just begun, when we have nowhere else to run,we have nowhere else to go. So get out (corruption,tribalism,injustice,poverty,insecurity e.t.c) of the way of the land of my dream. We are the nation, we are part of these...a song by Ty bello
"No one is free untill we are all free"...marthin luther king jnr. We are all in these together cos this nation belongs to us,its our father's land,its our heritage.
Fela durotoye said and i quote "that thing that annoys you most in the society is a sign that you carry is solution". But it is a pity we run sensational press and media outfit in this country who are suppose to illuminate to the peak the greediness and selfishes of our so called leaders/politicians but instead they are blindfolded by these corrupt old cargoes who called themsleves politicians/leaders.
Now my question is,why do we Nigerians still anticipate for the future since 1960?
The future is not a time zone that is yet to come,the future is everything that can be but we've not become,the future is evrything we can do but we've not done, the future is HERE,the future is NOW,the future has COME.
Its high time we face the truth, which is plain,simple and without coloration.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: A Nairalander's Lamentation by Codedeben: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
Good write up.
But is the solution really in our hands? Have you heard the latest "naija quote" which says "When you oust 100 naija leaders and replace them with new set of 100,the result would still remain the same".
Now my question ---~~ how do you rate the young generation who supposedly are tomorrow leaders, do they fare better than the set of selfish lots governing us?

(1) (Reply)

Why Use 'one Nigeria'? / My Five Agendas For Nigeria: Jonathan / Youth Empowerment Tool For Wealth Creation, Says Gov. Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.