Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,700 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next (1092 Views)

Help With Your Advice Am In Dilema Over This Relationship / No Visit, No Caring For My Baby For 2yrs + / Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by pascenta(m): 6:25am On Oct 02, 2013
i supplied materials to uniport and have not been paid for 2yrs now.my lawyer wrote to them and they have not responded for days now pls my brothers and sisters what do i do i realy need this money.pls i need ur advice on this issue its urgent thank u.
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 02, 2013
Go to court and institute a matter/case for breach of contract, claim the money owed you (general damages), and others for the inconveniences caused you(special damages). Your Lawyer should be doing that for you. Goodluck
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by bellong: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2013
Pls, sack that lawyer of yours and employ a competent one. If he knows his job, you shouldn't be here asking for advice.

The best to do now is to file a case against the school as noted by the previous poster. Claim all damages and cost of the suit. They will probably ask to settle out of court and pay you.

I hope you have enough documentary evidences establishing the contract.
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by pascenta(m): 9:35am On Oct 02, 2013
[quote
author=bellong]Pls, sack that lawyer of yours and employ a competent
one. If he knows his job, you shouldn't be here asking for advice.

The best to do now is to file a case against the school as noted by the
previous poster. Claim all damages and cost of the suit. They will
probably ask to settle out of court and pay you.

I hope you have enough documentary evidences establishing the
contract.[/quote] yes i hav d papers
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by pascenta(m): 5:48am On Oct 03, 2013
ideas
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 03, 2013
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by bellong: 7:48am On Oct 03, 2013
^^^ Real and lower cadre people take cases to court to get favourable judgement in their favour if their lawyer can prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. The only thing I can't determine is the time lapse of the case. This depends on the judge. Some judge are just so lazy that they can frustrate all parties in a case with their unending adjournment.

While I was an undergraduate, I had the opportunity to take OAU and WAEC to court which I won but the judge who handled the case is one of the laziest judges I ever came across.... It took about 2 and half years to finish a case filed on "motion exparte".

The advice given him to file a case against them is because the school may not be ready to go through the stress of appearing in court over the matter, they may decide to pay him and ask him to withdraw the case. In the long run, the cost on the school will be more than just settling the man.
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by pascenta(m): 9:40am On Oct 03, 2013
lord pls help me
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by pascenta(m): 9:42am On Oct 03, 2013
Lord help me
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by pascenta(m): 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
wait
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by pascenta(m): 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
waitin
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by pascenta(m): 5:46am On Oct 04, 2013
wink
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by bellong: 7:41am On Oct 04, 2013
You were advised to at least initiate a proceeding against the school. Have you done anything about that yet?
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2013
This man, what kind of advice r u waiting for?
Pple had already adviced u on what to do u r still here waiting. Oya, continue waitin. Maybe u don't need the money or u r as lax as ur lawyer. Don't even know why it xtended to 2yrs.
Anyway, I don vex finish.
Don't know much about uniport sha. Go to the school SPASS dept under finance. U already knew where cos u can't supply anything to d school without passing tru them. They r also responsible for external expenses too. Meet one of them and explain ur predicament.
Outside talk o and with ur original documents intact. This is naija, make a promise and c as d person fight ur case for u. If u go there and start doing gragra, u r strictly on ur own.
Wonder why u didn't use ur sixth sense since and yet u wanna do biz with big organization.
To stay in biz one gat to be smart. Unless u didn't supply d original of what u r supposed to supply.
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 04, 2013
bellong: You were advised to at least initiate a proceeding against the school. Have you done anything about that yet?
Don't mind the man Mr B.
But me think it will take a looong time and wastes money if he does that.
I partially worked in dat dept when in school cos I was too close to d head.
U initiate a court case or start gragra, they will delay u very well and at d end of d day, u r d one loosing. Those pple r civil servants and u follow them with style and caution.
Its either he supplies undervalued materials or he tampered with his documents. Else,school can't just hold ur money just like that.
That's why I suggested he gets close to one of them and they will help him or tell him what to do.
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by bellong: 8:09am On Oct 04, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Don't mind the man Mr B.
But me think it will take a looong time and wastes money if he does that.
I partially worked in dat dept when in school cos I was too close to d head.
U initiate a court case or start gragra, they will delay u very well and at d end of d day, u r d one loosing. Those pple r civil servants and u follow them with style and caution.
Its either he supplies undervalued materials or he tampered with his documents. Else,school can't just hold ur money just like that.
That's why I suggested he gets close to one of them and they will help him or tell him what to do.

This is a good suggestion. I felt he must have done this in the last two years with no result, hence my advice to initiate a court case. If he hasn't become a friend with somebody in the related department in the last two years, I guess he is yet to learn the rudiments of doing business with the civil/public service sector.

Oga Pascenta, if you have not done what YPP advised before, it is time you started with it. I hope everything works fine for you.
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by pascenta(m): 8:46am On Oct 04, 2013
[quote
author=yellowpawpaw]This man, what kind of advice r u waiting for?
Pple had already adviced u on what to do u r still here waiting. Oya,
continue waitin. Maybe u don't need the money or u r as lax as ur
lawyer. Don't even know why it xtended to 2yrs.
Anyway, I don vex finish.
Don't know much about uniport sha. Go to the school SPASS dept under
finance. U already knew where cos u can't supply anything to d school
without passing tru them. They r also responsible for external expenses
too. Meet one of them and explain ur predicament.
Outside talk o and with ur original documents intact. This is naija,
make a promise and c as d person fight ur case for u. If u go there and
start doing gragra, u r strictly on ur own.
Wonder why u didn't use ur sixth sense since and yet u wanna do biz with
big organization.
To stay in biz one gat to be smart. Unless u didn't supply d original of
what u r supposed to supply. [/quote] talk 2 me in a polite manner ok?
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by ifyalways(f): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2013
LMAO @ ^ ^

Oga talk true,wetin you supply?
I know a chap that supplied N10 pencil at the rate of N500 each and that's because he had an "agreement" with the powers that be in the parastatal . He got paid ofcourse but his "partners" changed the sharing formula. Lol
It didn't go down well with him and he did "initial gra gra", his partners told him to do his worst as they are not ready to give him a dime extra. We heard (half of the story, no details as to what was supplied and at what rate) and told him to go to court,someone volunteered to represent him free until we saw the invoice and all worth not m. Needless to say, the issue died because even the complainant na rogue. So oga OP, wetin you supply? Can you boldly say "your hand clean" for this contract? If Yes, take them to court !
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by Rhythm(f): 10:16am On Oct 04, 2013
pascenta: talk 2 me in a polite manner ok?
Seriously? Instead of saying 'Thank you'? No wonder no one wants to help you in the said office. tongue
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by pascenta(m): 10:31am On Oct 04, 2013
i supplied ppe and electrical materials and it was cerified ok by their auditors.they are not just owing me alone.i discovered they hav paid the officials of uniport contractors association and left the members unpaid.well i have started d court procedings the 14days notice will elapse on monday. after the expiring date i can proceed to the court. thank u for your concern.
Re: Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
^^^ op, dts a step in the right direction.

(1) (Reply)

Women Beware(a Must Read) / Is Anything Wrong With Being A Single Father!!! / Type Of Wife You Will See in every Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.