Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools (25370 Views)

Roof Of Female BVER Hostel In OAU Collapses During Heavy Rain (Pictures) / Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System Tomorrow - Collapses Pry, Secondary Schools / Good Private Secondary Schools Within The Lagos Metropolis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Originalsly: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hmmm...is Osun still a state?....or a country? These guys are running wild...the FG need to put a leash in them. How can a state have an educational system that is not consistent with that of the FG? What will happen with transfers? What next?...their own currency?

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
dazzy4real: someone should pls explain the system to me oo.. is it 4yrs in pry, 5yrs in sec n 3yrz in uni?

Yes
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by alotofgrace(m): 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
morinho new formation......aregbe must be a chelsea fam grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by danny301: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
Why is that man behaving like that? Is Osun state now independent of the federal republic of Nigeria? Aregebesola is one of the few performing Governors in the country but that does not mean he should undermine the federal Government or cause more confusions in the already confused country.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dannie04: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
funny how in the name of change we take little time to consider the effect of our actions. He might have the best intention but a unified system remains the better option. I Hope he has considered smooth integration with the system practiced in other states . There are better ways of improving the standard of education while at the same time avoiding a chaotic situation. Imagine a scenario where a pupil or student Will be forced to loose a year or two in the case of relocating to a different state.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dharrey2012: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
All these governors just keep getting it wrong. The problem with our education is not the 6-3-3-4 system, but people in charge not making it work.
Y didn't d governor try to make it work instead of creating confusion. No computer rooms, no laboratories (science students don't know what a test tube is). Now he is merging all high schools. How do u provide enuf labs for over 1000 science student in a single skul that he has now. Students will av to trek miles to get to their newly merged skuls (osogbo only has 3 senior skuls)
I av noticed that most people who praise dis governor's polices are nt based in OSUN state.
Pls if u r nt in Osun to av a first hand experience of all dis negative polices, shut up.

16 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by theripper3: 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Osun State should just stop receiving Federal Monthly Allocations so dat it runs an autonomous state and. Aregbeshola can rename errtin as O-something. For instance, dis can be "O-education" or "O-learning".
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
This is what we are talking about. Congrats Ogbeni Rauf if this goes through finally.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by brummell: 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
all4naija: Can somebody explain better what is 4-5-3 education system?
it is a very good football formation, we also have 4-4-2
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dharrey2012: 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
For those who doesn't understand d system; according to the government, its divided into 3.
ELEMENTARY- dis comprises of pupils for pry1 to Pry4
MIDDLE- student for pry5 and pry6 + Jss1-Jss3.
SENIOR- ss1 to ss3

So the government has merged pry5 and pry6 of primary skul wif secondary skul. They also created new High skuls by moving away students in junior sections of dos skuls. In osogbo there are only 3 senior skuls for thousands of students. With this system, there is no pry 6 certificate any more and am not sure there is gonna b common entrance exams too.
The government is just totally Confused.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by REDshouse(m): 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
On the pitch today between the federal republic of Nigeria with formation (6 3 3 )and state of Osun with formation(4 5 3) ...... Top striker for fed Nig is Jonathan who ve only score more goals in corruption, oil theft and bad governance .....also striking for state of Osun is Aregberascal who as astonishing place himself as the top scorer in Good governance, youth empoyment,rapid development.

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by bamto(m): 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
Those who don't live in the state would never agree when we say this man has some hidden agenda, which smirks of an attempt to islamize the state.
The policy means: 4 yrs in pry sch (pry 1-4), 5yrs middle sch (pry 5-jss3), 3yrs high sch (ss1-3).
Inspite of protests from CAN, CCN, and old boys of these missionary schs forcefully taken over by d military, this rascal gov insists on demolishing schs to build his mega model schs. Pray, what stops him from building schs without demolishig? What wisdom is there in packing students like sardine despite the insecurity threat it poses? Isn't quality education better guaranteed with a reduced staff/student ratio? What abt d difficulty in traveling long distance to attend schs? What of d identity cleansing of missionary schs which he and his cohorts also attended? Gbaruf Aregbesola is not only sick, he's dubious. That's all.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by geeez: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
As long as the students will be adequately prepared to sit for WASC, UTME, SAT, TOEFL and other national and international examinations, then it's a step well taken

God bless the State of Osun

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=28pt]MAY THE GODDESS OF WISDOM AND EDUCATION, GODDESS OSHUN, BLESS OSUN STATE!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

IGORANCE IS CHRISTIANITY![/size]
Na wa o...
Confused & Lonely plus Daft....

2 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Omooba77: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
Where will this confusion lead to time will tell. God help will help our opposition governors not to play politics with peoples's lives. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by tobex23(m): 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
ogbeni aregbesola is a crazy man, see as he dey mess PDP!! I so love this man! God bless him for what he is doing!.....at the programme right now, he used 14.76billion naira to build new elementary, middle, and high school! And i must tell you the buildings are worth it!! Ode-omu,alekunwodo...the list goes on! God bless this man and God bless APC!....
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dharrey2012: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
geeez: As long as the students will be adequately prepared to sit for WASC, UTME, SAT, TOEFL and other national and international examinations, then it's a step well taken

God bless the State of Osun
How?
Do u even understand the system for u to assume a success of it.
We are talking about 2000 ss1-3 science student in a single skul. How do u provide labs and other equipments? Schools a'rnt just building blocks of classrooms but content of those class room.

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by esq03(m): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
The system is that, 4yrs in primary sch. 5yrs in junior second sch and 3yrs in senior second sch. Its a welcome development. Bravo aregbesola.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Omooba77: 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
dharrey2012:
How?
Do u even understand the system for u to assume a success of it.
We are talking about 2000 ss1-3 science student in a single skul. How do u provide labs and other equipments? Schools a'rnt just building blocks of classrooms but content of those class room.
This will lead to high rate of truancy...............
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by genxris: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Too much of everything is bad ...this man gra-gra don too much jor. I am sure this so much hyped schools can only be seen in the capital city Oshogbo but them go dey present am as if to say the school dey everywere , and this amount is too outrageous to build such number of schools.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by NosaHenry(m): 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
People keep commenting without asking the basic question. What does the formation 4 - 5 - 3 stand for

2 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dharrey2012: 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
tobex_23: ogbeni aregbesola is a crazy man, see as he dey mess PDP!! I so love this man! God bless him for what he is doing!.....at the programme right now, he used 14.76billion naira to build new elementary, middle, and high school! And i must tell you the buildings are worth it!! Ode-omu,alekunwodo...the list goes on! God bless this man and God bless APC!....
Do u knw that many skuls av bn merged? Do u also knw dt with this system number of sec skuls av bn reduced? How bout students trekking miles to get to their new skuls? What of pry skul teacher who don't av stuffs at all av bn moved to sec skuls to teach secondary skul students?
Do u also realize dt its not bout building blocks with no teaching aids or learning facilities (What are d difrnces betw private skuls and public skuls) y do dey av better students and results?
Find answers to all dis ques before praising a system.

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by taiwobabalola: 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
Is the same system with 6334,what make it different is name 4(pry)5(middle class/junior)3(sss1-3),some private sch operate it in this form basic 1-6(pry)basic7-9(junior)and sss1-3.govt needs to enlighten stakeholder on it to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by tobex23(m): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
title of his speech: developing a new person
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by heykims(m): 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
dazzy4real: someone should pls explain the system to me oo.. is it 4yrs in pry, 5yrs in sec n 3yrz in uni?
4yrs in pry, 5yrs in junior sec, 3yrs in senior sec...
Na d latest formation be dt o, for osun waeki, neko ati jambu daran..
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by heykims(m): 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
dharrey2012: For those who doesn't understand d system; according to the government, its divided into 3.
ELEMENTARY- dis comprises of pupils for pry1 to Pry4
MIDDLE- student for pry5 and pry6 + Jss1-Jss3.
SENIOR- ss1 to ss3

So the government has merged pry5 and pry6 of primary skul wif secondary skul. They also created new High skuls by moving away students in junior sections of dos skuls. In osogbo there are only 3 senior skuls for thousands of students. With this system, there is no pry 6 certificate any more and am not sure there is gonna b common entrance exams too.
The government is just totally Confused.
talk for ursef, dharrey is confused..
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by tobex23(m): 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
dharrey2012:
Do u knw that many skuls av bn merged? Do u also knw dt with this system number of sec skuls av bn reduced? How bout students trekking miles to get to their new skuls? What of pry skul teacher who don't av stuffs at all av bn moved to sec skuls to teach secondary skul students?
Do u also realize dt its not bout building blocks with no teaching aids or learning facilities (What are d difrnces betw private skuls and public skuls) y do dey av better students and results?
Find answers to all dis ques before praising a system.

who says the school is far from the students, why didnt you mention that of feeding the primary students,osun has the highest number of elementary enrollement in nigeria, yet he is catering for them all, why didnt you mention that of the free uniforms? He provided free uniforms for all of them! You talked about teaching aids!? Have you been to the schools? If no then you have no say! He is also planning on free transport for them! Is it the roads? The link roads, the new bridge, the massive demolitions along osogbo road the stubborn PDP secteriat that does not want them to demolish thier entrance! Why shouldnt i praise a working system!!?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by taharqa: 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
No need to argue too much, guys. This new fooolish move wud be set aside, just as d sillly move to rename Osun State 'State of Osun' was set aside. Aregbe himself knows this. He makes a lot of NOISE though; and he seems to enjoy doing so, even when it usually falls to nought...
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by mistudreh(m): 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Its now 4yrs in elementary, 5years in middle school, and 3years in high school.. the system is in use in US
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dharrey2012: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
tobex_23:

who says the school is far from the students, why didnt you mention that of feeding the primary students,osun has the highest number of elementary enrollement in nigeria, yet he is catering for them all, why didnt you mention that of the free uniforms? He provided free uniforms for all of them! You talked about teaching aids!? Have you been to the schools? If no then you have no say! He is also planning on free transport for them! Is it the roads? The link roads, the new bridge, the massive demolitions along osogbo road the stubborn PDP secteriat that does not want them to demolish thier entrance! Why shouldnt i praise a working system!!?
Now I knw y I shldnt argue things out wit ppl here. Can't u see dt am particular bout this new system. I just gave u ques to answer and see the way u replied. Can't u see dt u don't make any sense at all. How will d system work with so many issues on ground is my ques....... As a matter of fact, my mother is a teacher in Osun public skul.
Bout him giving uniforms, do u knw dt all students across all skuls av identical uniform (what is a school uniform?) Also av to pay #1,950 to replace the one given to dem wen it gets old. Av u forgotten previous administration also feed pupils?
Av u forgotten so fast that the previous governments provided a whole lotta of roads in d state too (2ru honey-web system).
Am an advocate of good and visionary governance not one who politicize every move with mere propagandas. I don't care whether its APC or PDP.
DIS JUST TO ENLIGHTEN U!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by opeyemitee(m): 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
he has not done anything contrary to the nigerian constitution because it is that same constitution that grants power of autonomy to the state to take care of both secondary and primary schools. He is constitutionally exercising his powers. And moreover, how many nigerians today including our leaders, whose actions are in line with our constitution? Abeg! Aregbe i dey gbadun u jawe.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by hercules07: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
dharrey2012:
Now I knw y I shldnt argue things out wit ppl here. Can't u see dt am particular bout this new system. I just gave u ques to answer and see the way u replied. Can't u see dt u don't make any sense at all. How will d system work with so many issues on ground is my ques....... As a matter of fact, my mother is a teacher in Osun public skul.
Bout him giving uniforms, do u knw dt all students across all skuls av identical uniform (what is a school uniform?) Also av to pay #1,950 to replace the one given to dem wen it gets old. Av u forgotten previous administration also feed pupils?
Av u forgotten so fast that the previous governments provided a whole lotta of roads in d state too (2ru honey-web system).
Am an advocate of good and visionary governance not one who politicize every move with mere propagandas. I don't care whether its APC or PDP.
DIS JUST TO ENLIGHTEN U!!!!!

Can you mention the roads that were provided by the former government? Please note that I visited Osun state almost every two weeks during Oyinlola's time.
You can see the hatred seeping from people on this thread, Osun state has not done anything wrong, it is still 6 years in Primary and 6 Years in Secondary, the change is only the way the students are housed, there is nothing the government can do about it, the curriculum remains the same and actually, the State Governments are in charge of both Primary and Secondary schools (except for Federal Government ones).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB To Begin Sales Of 2020 UTME Form January 13. Announces Date For Examination / LAUTECH Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (pics) / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.