Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools (25365 Views)

Roof Of Female BVER Hostel In OAU Collapses During Heavy Rain (Pictures) / Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System Tomorrow - Collapses Pry, Secondary Schools / Good Private Secondary Schools Within The Lagos Metropolis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nigeria and Nigerians are utterly sick. See how ppl busy praising this useless idea out of sentiments. How does dis system differ from d present system in terms of duration of time spent in skul, as both systems will involve spending a total of 12 yrs from primary skul till SSCE? As for d stress dis will cause on staff and students, it's unimaginable. For d amount of money this guy has amassed for himself from dis new policy, it's a talk for another day. Why can't our ppl b sincere to demselves? Can't dis guy spend dat money on improving d staffing and learnin facilities of d skuls? TUFIAKWA!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by tobex23(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
opeyemitee: he has not done anything contrary to the nigerian constitution because it is that same constitution that grants power of autonomy to the state to take care of both secondary and primary schools. He is constitutionally exercising his powers. And moreover, how many nigerians today including our leaders, whose actions are in line with our constitution? Abeg! Aregbe i dey gbadun u jawe.

Thank You Ojare!
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by hammedkola(m): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
mrakin: That action is against the national policy on education of the Federal Govt and NERDC.

Is it not better to present it to the federal govt and NERDC before implementation?

Well, I hope it is not true. Can states operate a different policy on education?

And how sure are you?, it hasn't been presented to them...., besides d former system is probably not working well again, so let's try new system. Okay?
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by tobex23(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
ILIDEFI: Nigeria and Nigerians are utterly sick. See how ppl busy praising this useless idea out of sentiments. How does dis system differ from d present system in terms of duration of time spent in skul, as both systems will involve spending a total of 12 yrs from primary skul till SSCE? As for d stress dis will cause on staff and students, it's unimaginable. For d amount of money this guy has amassed for himself from dis new policy, it's a talk for another day. Why can't our ppl b sincere to demselves? Can't dis guy spend dat money on improving d staffing and learnin facilities of d skuls? TUFIAKWA!!!!!

if you see the state the schools were , you would know that they need urgent renovation, and also improving the facilities! And he has done the two so what else do you want? Maybe you should just come and see for yourself! As for me i have and am satisfied! Ko si ogbon ti e le da ti e le fi taye lorun !
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by specco(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
This is OPPOSITION taken too far...Executive rascality!
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by alsudaes1(m): 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
taiwo babalola: Is the same system with 6334,what make it different is name 4(pry)5(middle class/junior)3(sss1-3),some private sch operate it in this form basic 1-6(pry)basic7-9(junior)and sss1-3.govt needs to enlighten stakeholder on it to avoid confusion.

you are on point jare, , , , some people naturally have phobia for good innovations/modifications.

E.g. If it is normal for a student to read for 6 hours a day, another student might read for periods of 2 hours each three times a day instead of a stretch of 6 hours. . .

#The End Justifies The Means!
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by hammedkola(m): 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
ILIDEFI: Nigeria and Nigerians are utterly sick. See how ppl busy praising this useless idea out of sentiments. How does dis system differ from d present system in terms of duration of time spent in skul, as both systems will involve spending a total of 12 yrs from primary skul till SSCE? As for d stress dis will cause on staff and students, it's unimaginable. For d amount of money this guy has amassed for himself from dis new policy, it's a talk for another day. Why can't our ppl b sincere to demselves? Can't dis guy spend dat money on improving d staffing and learnin facilities of d skuls? TUFIAKWA!!!!!

There is no doubt, you are either from the Old region, or enemy of progress...

In football, 4-3-3 is the samething as 4-4-2, both equal to 10 players.

Main thing is d trophy, not the formation...

So, old system isn't working well again, let's try new system.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by omiobo: 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
Aregbe is the governor of Osun state. He is simply exercise his political power within Nigeria constitution. Nigerians don't even know their right anymore,when they see someone exercising his right they call him all sort of names.
Aregbe has not done anything wrong. As world is changing,there is need for the education system to be updated our system.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by bunmit(m): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
can someone explain how dis education system will be run?
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dharrey2012: 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
hercules07:

Can you mention the roads that were provided by the former government? Please note that I visited Osun state almost every two weeks during Oyinlola's time.
You can see the hatred seeping from people on this thread, Osun state has not done anything wrong, it is still 6 years in Primary and 6 Years in Secondary, the change is only the way the students are housed, there is nothing the government can do about it, the curriculum remains the same and actually, the State Governments are in charge of both Primary and Secondary schools (except for Federal Government ones).
Thank God u just mentioned dt u visit frequently. I stay in osun.....and next time u r in osun pls honestly interview 5 ppl on the street wat they think bout this administration. One thing I can never do is to hate a system, but if something is wrong, there is no crime in pointing it out.
Well on the roads constructed, if u were in osun state prior to 2005 u will notice dt all roads leading to osogbo weren't in good condition and all osogbo township roads were single lanes, oyinlola administration constructed akoda/gbogan-Osogbo (dual lanes) and Iwo/Osogbo roads, am sure u will b familair with dese two roads. Honey comb of oyinlola constructed 10roads in each local goverment area (three roads leading to my area where constructed)
There is no government that has bn in osun who hasn't constructed many roads From Bisi Akande to Oyinlola so pls get ur facts right bro.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
where is my voter's card, this madness must nt continue. He should knw education is nt only about structure and merging of students. 2k uniform, non functional ipads, the whole state now construction site with no visible completed road! Second term my foot! Mr Governor should retake social studies & goverment along with the student to understand system of government.

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by tobex23(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
these PDP supporters dnt just want to see anything right! There brain have been overclouded with hatred that nothing from the opposition seems right! He built new schools they said he should improve facilities, he improved it, yet they are complaining that his new system is wack, i guess this why smpeople dnt progress, dnt you know if you try smthing for so long and it doesnt work, change is definietly what you need, please remove that hatred from your eyes and see the good things he is doing! Am leaving osun for lagos now, the fear of the lagos-ibadan road is affecting me, mr president awarded the road sometimes ago but still the sam state! Is that how we want to live the rest of our life! for me the answer is NO! God bless APC

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
The old system wasn't achieving result let's give him a chance, this may eventually become the norm if it succeed but if it fails he is going to be a scapegoat and to me that is leadership let's give him a chance.
I ll like to see the adoption of international primary curriculum too in the state and they should also learn from Finland that has the best performing educational system in the world and see how it can be adopted for Nigerian children. Whatever the formation, learning should not be far from real life experience and it should be practically oriented, enough of theory.

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dharrey2012: 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
tobex_23: these PDP supporters dnt just want to see anything right! There brain have been overclouded with hatred that nothing from the opposition seems right! He built new schools they said he should improve facilities, he improved it, yet they are complaining that his new system is wack, i guess this why smpeople dnt progress, dnt you know if you try smthing for so long and it doesnt work, change is definietly what you need, please remove that hatred from your eyes and see the good things he is doing! Am leaving osun for lagos now, the fear of the lagos-ibadan road is affecting me, mr president awarded the road sometimes ago but still the sam state! Is that how we want to live the rest of our life! for me the answer is NO! God bless APC
Lolz........see dis guy oo! He doesn't even stay in Osun.
Were u in osun wen we voted out PDP...........No!
Well u don't stay in osun so you don't knw a thing bout osun at all. Stop making this look lyk politics, its not. Its "my governor isn't doin wat I voted him to do".
I voted for Aregbe, and am disappointd. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dazzy4real(m): 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
what do we actually need in this country? is it to change the formation or to fund the educational sector? changing formation makes no diff afterall is still the 12yrs in all. abeg make all this old men begin live leadership for the young and mind thinking ones
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by tobex23(m): 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
dharrey2012:
Lolz........see dis guy oo! He doesn't even stay in Osun.
Were u in osun wen we voted out PDP...........No!
Well u don't stay in osun so you don't knw a thing bout osun at all. Stop making this look lyk politics, its not. Its "my governor isn't doin wat I voted him to do".
I voted for Aregbe, and am disappointd. That's all.

so because i said am leaving osun for lagos today means i dnt stay there!? Na wa for you o!
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by solomon111(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
By the time employers of labour begin to turn down graduates from osun,morøns from that part of the country will start crying "marginalization".
Their governor is about to dance naked and they are not calling him to order.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by yetunsbay(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
tune to osbc nw if u can and watch d commission ing of model skul oke fia Osogbo.Imagine our gov wearing osun student uniform.
2014 no shaking...ride on

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by gebest: 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
malc619:

AregbeRascal is on a different Levels entirely....

GEJ is still far behind him
THE GUY NO FIT SHOUT
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Bomich(m): 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote author=Fadenitaonly God can save the people of Osun!
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by lamoskii(m): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
hahahaha your excellency you better pick up another topic or change the subject
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
mrakin: That action is against the national policy on education of the Federal Govt and NERDC.

Is it not better to present it to the federal govt and NERDC before implementation?

Well, I hope it is not true. Can states operate a different policy on education?

education is concurent list in constitution.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
malc619:

AregbeRascal is on a different Levels entirely....

GEJ is still far behind him

I hope that when your aregberascal will be called to order you won't call it witchhunting
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by hismail1(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Classrooms that were not even enough for the students will now be shared between schools merged together, It was so rough this morning as students had to move from their former school to the present school they are matched with, Let's wait and see sha
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by rezzy: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
4-5-3 educational system. Abeg help me break am down before i go comment
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by richmans(m): 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
The 453 means 4 years in elementry school,5 years in middle school and 3 years in high school.

Elementry is the combination of pry 1 to 4 pupils why middle school is the combination of pry 5 to jss 3 student and high school is d combination of ss 1 to ss 3 so d system is 4534 insted of 6334
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by rezzy: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sike: Like, if you want Aregbe to replace Jonathan.

Yeap, it will happen in the year 2050
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by henrysam(m): 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Acidosis:

Shut up bro, His rascality is within the limit of Osun state or whatever y'all call it..

The truth is, the F.G will never approve this one man idea on a new education policy..

Who signed this system into law?
What date was this policy signed into law

Will Aregbesola issue his village certificates different from the internationally recognised WASCCE & others?

Will Osun pupils sit for a different SSCE and primary exam?

What will happen to the one man policy after Aregbesola's tenure?

Lol! Now I understand what you mean when you said Aregbesola operates on a "different" level...

Better go back to your caves and keep on distributing your left over opon Imo 'ipads'..

Osun is very far from Abuja..

Abuja is to Nigeria..

as Osun is to Aregbesola..
grin
When aregbe launched opon imo is it not to increase the educational standard of osun students and this will surely give them edge over other students who are carrying tattered textbooks around. No matter any form of system of education thst is introduced osun students will still compete with their counterparts in other states its when they do not perform up to standard that he can be castigated. Waec or neco its result that the people of the state of osun needs. This is the beginning of the revolution in the south west.
Meanwhile other governors are sponsoring boko haram to Make naija ungovernable for gej. Some are buying jet to oppress their citizen. South west is developing and this is how it happened during the first civillian rule when awo was developing the western region and other were looking.
Kudos to aregbe, if thisis what will bail students of osun out. Its a welcome idea. They will meet other students from another part of the counrty in national or joint examination. Na result we want

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by emiye(m): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
ojekof: where is my voter's card, this madness must nt continue. He should knw education is nt only about structure and merging of students. 2k uniform, non functional ipads, the whole state now construction site with no visible completed road! Second term my foot! Mr Governor should retake social studies & goverment along with the student to understand system of government.

The whole state is now a construction site, courtesy of a governor who have spent 2 yrs and 10months, and you call it madness? Shame on you
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by emiye(m): 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
dharrey2012: All these governors just keep getting it wrong. The problem with our education is not the 6-3-3-4 system, but people in charge not making it work.
Y didn't d governor try to make it work instead of creating confusion. No computer rooms, no laboratories (science students don't know what a test tube is). Now he is merging all high schools. How do u provide enuf labs for over 1000 science student in a single skul that he has now. Students will av to trek miles to get to their newly merged skuls (osogbo only has 3 senior skuls)
I av noticed that most people who praise dis governor's polices are nt based in OSUN state.
Pls if u r nt in Osun to av a first hand experience of all dis negative polices, shut up.

Be smart and sensible, this kind of merger strenghtens the administration of school, increased standardisation and makes monitoring and evaluation easier.

I am not getting the point you are trying to make, it seems you are confused, If the state govt can provide labs and equipments for 200 students , it can also do that for 1,000 students.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Funpeter: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2013

Why not, who pays the state teacher? Who is funding the state school? Who care for the welfarism of the state? Answer all and you will see reason why state university shouldn't join ASUU.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
I'm watching it live on OSBC, Oshogbo. This governor if funny, see him dressed like a school pupil, wearing short.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) / JAMB To Begin Sales Of 2020 UTME Form January 13. Announces Date For Examination / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.