Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,491 members, 7,954,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:53 AM

Jesus Asked Us To Preach The Goodnews Not To Condemn - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Asked Us To Preach The Goodnews Not To Condemn (514 Views)

2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Asked Us To Preach The Goodnews Not To Condemn by Juell(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2013
I was on a bus ride home yesterday evening, wen a young woman started preaching. She started "if u wear trousers, u paint ur face, u put on weave on u're going to hell. If u're a man, u curl ur hair, u wear ear rings, u hav tattoos, u sag ur trousers, u're going to hell". She continued "I use to wear all these things b4 I got a revelation that I'll go to hell, so I stopped it". An example on how to reach out to lost soul was shown by Jesus wen the Pharisees brought a woman to Jesus accusing her of being caught in adultery. He told the woman "I do not condemn u, go and sin no more".
The best way to win souls is by telling them what Jesus did for them, and how dey can be saved, and not judge them. Most times wen feel u're judging them they'll just luck up.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Asked Us To Preach The Goodnews Not To Condemn by oaroloye(m): 3:11pm On May 13, 2017
SHALOM!

Juell:
I was on a bus ride home yesterday evening, wen a young woman started preaching. She started "if u wear trousers, u paint ur face, u put on weave on u're going to hell. If u're a man, u curl ur hair, u wear ear rings, u hav tattoos, u sag ur trousers, u're going to hell". She continued "I use to wear all these things b4 I got a revelation that I'll go to hell, so I stopped it".

She "stopped wearing TATTOOS?"

Are YOU telling the truth, here?

An example on how to reach out to lost soul was shown by Jesus wen the Pharisees brought a woman to Jesus accusing her of being caught in adultery.

She was not accused of being caught in Adultery: SHE HAD BEEN CAUGHT IN THE ACT.

He told the woman "I do not condemn u, go and sin no more".

That is not what YAHSHUA said.

That is only a PART of what YAHSHUA said.

You make it sound like as if he PARDONED A CAPITAL SIN. Which he did not.

He PRONOUNCED the DEATH SENTENCE.

"Let he among you that is without Sin cast the first stone."

All of the accusers were ashamed, and left.

Now he was alone with the woman.

THE LAW SAYS that:

1. TWO OR THREE WITNESSES MUST CONDEMN THE WICKED.

2. THE WITNESSES MUST START THE STONING.

Neither of those conditions were met- so Yahshua, even if he were a Witness- had no option but to send her on her way.

The best way to win souls is by telling them what Jesus did for them, and how dey can be saved, and not judge them. Most times wen feel u're judging them they'll just luck up.

YOU ARE LYING: WHAT DID YOU DO?

YOU just SAT THERE, doing NOTHING, breaking GOD'S COMMANDMENT TO THE RIGHTEOUS MESSENGERS OF GOD that He gave to EZEKIEL.

HYPOCRITES are always "THE OTHER GUY!"

You sat there TELLING GOD how much BETTER than this loudmouthed girl you were, while DOING NOTHING TO HELP HER, NOR THEM!
Re: Jesus Asked Us To Preach The Goodnews Not To Condemn by Robynwelo1(f): 3:35pm On May 13, 2017
Let me start by saying that the good news is actually based on condemnation. There is no difference between that woman and anybody that preaches the good news, cause at the end of the day it's still
'Jesus loves you, he died for you and if you believe in him you will have eternal reward'
This is also translated as
'Jesus hates you, he hates you because you do not believe in him or that he exists and you will receive eternal damnation.... well except you believe in him' smh!

My brothers and sisters free yourself of the slavery that is called religion, whether you be a Christian, Muslim, Judaist, Buddhist or Traditionalist. The world is more than religion. Stop fighting, stop arguing. Let us join our hands together and make this world a better place for EVERYONE! Forget religion, it is an enemy of progress and an institution of fear and deceit. Let us be one.

Re: Jesus Asked Us To Preach The Goodnews Not To Condemn by Zither(m): 3:53pm On May 13, 2017
Juell:
I was on a bus ride home yesterday evening, wen a young woman started preaching. She started "if u wear trousers, u paint ur face, u put on weave on u're going to hell. If u're a man, u curl ur hair, u wear ear rings, u hav tattoos, u sag ur trousers, u're going to hell". She continued "I use to wear all these things b4 I got a revelation that I'll go to hell, so I stopped it". An example on how to reach out to lost soul was shown by Jesus wen the Pharisees brought a woman to Jesus accusing her of being caught in adultery. He told the woman "I do not condemn u, go and sin no more".

In time she will learn. She should continue preaching by all means. Who knows? Her "judgmental" preaching may have saved a life from death. You never can tell.

(1) (Reply)

Seven Costly Mistakes To Avoid In Your Journey Of Life / Is Hell Meant For The Wicked Only? / Sister Linda And "The Word".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.