Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome (1388 Views)

Photos: This Little Boy Is Looking For His Parents / Three-year-old Falls Into Well While Playing With Friends (photo) / See What Happened To This Little Boy (Viewer Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by infonubia(m): 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
For dog lovers, you'll so love this video, and for folks who are do not like dogs (or any other pets), hopefully, this will make you have a change of heart.

Himalaya is a Yellow Labrador Retriever (yikes! I'm starting to learn the various breeds). She's refusing to give up on a toddler who doesn't want to play.

Little Hernán, from Buenos Aires, has Down Syndrome, which, according to comments posted by his mom Ana, causes him to shy away from physical contact.

But Himalaya is persistent and gentle, and Hernán ends up giving her what looks like a hug around the 3:12 mark.

If only people had the heart of a dog.....

My heart goes out to parents of children with Down Syndrome. You guys are doing a wonderful job!

Watch the video and share your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O8lbQGq7W4

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/10/heart-melting-video-of-worlds-gentlest.html
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by tnature: 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Awwww.....such a kind dog. FP please
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by infonubia(m): 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
^^^^ The kind of dog I'd like
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by Rhythm(f): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
tnature: Awwww.....such a kind dog. FP please
Yeah dogs absolutely deserve a place in the front page, especially since you were the first to comment.

@Topic: Its nice you took out time to explain the video. Couldn't watch it, mtn sucks!
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by infonubia(m): 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
Rhythm:
Yeah dogs absolutely deserve a place in the front page, especially since you were the first to comment.

@Topic: Its nice you took out time to explain the video. Couldn't watch it, mtn sucks!

Sorry about that Rhythm. The video shows an "awwww" moment when a gentle dog tries to persuade Little Hernán, a boy with Downs Syndrome, to play. After several attempts with the boy back away and the dog not giving up, Hernán finally warms up and started playing with the dog.

It's better when you watch but I hope my explanation is good enough.
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by tnature: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
infonubia:

Sorry about that Rhythm. The video shows an "awwww" moment when a gentle dog tries to persuade Little Hernán, a boy with Downs Syndrome, to play. After several attempts with the boy back away and the dog not giving up, Hernán finally warms up and started playing with the dog.

OP, thanks for explaining.

Rhythm:

Yes ooo. Don't forget that all dogs go to heaven grin grin
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by Rhythm(f): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
infonubia:

I'm having my own awwww moment just reading cheesy
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by Rhythm(f): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
tnature:

OP, thanks for explaining.

Yes ooo. Don't forget that all dogs go to heaven grin grin
Clown
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by jntyjnty007(f): 10:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
That was so very touching. I love dogs, had them all my life and look after them well. A few years back I was seriously ill, and when I came out of hospital my rotweilers were a great comfort.

There are many breeds of dogd, that are very very good with children. Like stafforshire bull terriers, they used to be called nanny dogs many years back.

A thread with a difference, very refreshing.
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by infonubia(m): 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
jntyjnty007: That was so very touching. I love dogs, had them all my life and look after them well. A few years back I was seriously ill, and when I came out of hospital my rotweilers were a great comfort.

There are many breeds of dogd, that are very very good with children. Like stafforshire bull terriers, they used to be called nanny dogs many years back.

Wow....I'm glad I posted this! I had a bad experience with the neighbor's dog when I was a kid but I still love them anyways.
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by tnature: 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
jntyjnty007: That was so very touching. I love dogs, had them all my life and look after them well. A few years back I was seriously ill, and when I came out of hospital my rotweilers were a great comfort.

How can one learn about the different breeds?
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by infonubia(m): 12:01am On Oct 03, 2013
tnature:
How can one learn about the different breeds?
I just Google it. That's a good start.
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by tnature: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
infonubia:
I just Google it. That's a good start.
Thank you Mr. OP
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by prymesolution: 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2013
This is such a heart-warming story.
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by infonubia(m): 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
tnature:
Thank you Mr. OP
You are welcome...lol
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by prymesolution: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
Dog is a man's best friend....lessons to be learn here: Persistence and patience pays off. The dog was determined to play with the child and the gentle persistence paid off.
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by Tinkybabe(f): 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
Such a lovely dog.
I'm not a crazy fan of dogs.I'm indifferent really but this up here is one touching video.
God bless dogs.
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by infonubia(m): 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tinkybabe: Such a lovely dog.
I'm not a crazy fan of dogs.I'm indifferent really but this up here is one touching video.
God bless dogs.
smiley smiley
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by tnature: 12:34am On Oct 05, 2013
prymesolution: Dog is a man's best friend....lessons to be learn here: Persistence and patience pays off. The dog was determined to play with the child and the gentle persistence paid off.
Correct talk..Do you own a dog?
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by Chimezie198(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2013
See beta dog na. While dis rats wey full my house just dey chop ma food stuffs
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2013
Lovely!
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by infonubia(m): 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
Chimezie198: See beta dog na. While dis rats wey full my house just dey chop ma food stuffs
Hahaha...You need some rat poison..lol
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by tnature: 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
Come on guys, this is front page material. OP, recommend it for front page here:

https://www.nairaland.com/751757/please-post-complaints-here-please
Re: Video Of World's Gentlest Dog Playing With Little Boy With Down Syndrome by infonubia(m): 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
tnature: Come on guys, this is front page material. OP, recommend it for front page here:

https://www.nairaland.com/751757/please-post-complaints-here-please

I did that a few days ago

(1) (Reply)

Planning A Getaway For Couples. / Parents Has Lost It In Parenting; Which Way Forward? / Hilarious Conversation Between Cousins(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.