Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nigeria Special Forces Bomb Boko Haram Hideouts In Yobe And Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Special Forces Bomb Boko Haram Hideouts In Yobe And Borno (785 Views)

Air Force Bomb Boko Haram Camp In Borno Photo / Troops Raid Boko Haram Hideouts In Borno (photos) / Chad Carries Out Airstrikes On Boko Haram Hideouts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Special Forces Bomb Boko Haram Hideouts In Yobe And Borno by ajasbaba(m): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2013
Military special forces on Wednesday carried out a major operation against the Boko Haram fighters at a forest region between Borno and Yobe states. A security source said the special forces, who carried out an aerial surveilance of the area, discovered a major camp of the insurgents some kilometers away from the Yobe State School of Agriculture, Gujba, where about 90 students were murdered on Sunday. The source said that the operation was one of the biggest offensives of the Nigerian military against the Boko Haram since the declaration of the emergency rule by President Goodluck Jonathan in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states. Investigations revealed that three Alpha jets, several heavy artillery weapons and a large number of ground forces of the Division 7 of the Nigerian Army in Borno and Yobe states participated in the operation. Although, the source could not give the casualty figure in the operation, he stated that the camp was one of the largest to have been discovered and could contain hundreds of insurgents. It was further stated that the entire forest was engulfed in a thick fire as at the time of filing the reports. A highly placed Defence Headquarters source said that the military devised “a strategy to box them in” to prevent them from escaping during the operation. It was learnt that the men of the Joint Task Force in Yobe and those in Maiduguri were deployed simultaneously alongside three Alpha jets of the Nigerian Air Force during the Wednesday raid by the military. The source said that the Nigerian military sustained the fierce attack on the terrorists’ enclave all through the operation that lasted several hours. The source said, “The operation today was a massive one. Heavy artillery guns were deployed, Air Force, and ground troops from Borno and Yobe were deployed in large number.”
Re: Nigeria Special Forces Bomb Boko Haram Hideouts In Yobe And Borno by Abok1(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2013
I recently made reference to the importance of drones and Arial surveillance in the fight against Boko Haram, and how we can leverage on this mode of operation to end this quagmire, but my suggestion was opposed. Kudos to the Military forces and I am sure that victory will soon be ours.
Re: Nigeria Special Forces Bomb Boko Haram Hideouts In Yobe And Borno by kingofpool: 9:46am On Oct 03, 2013
I knw that somday am gonna
make
it.....for God
liveth.....i knw u ll be wonderin why am sayin
this, well hia is my reason......God gave me life t
his infinite mercy,even though am a sinner......and gave his only son for my course.......2day is 3rd
day of october , i neva bliv dat i ll eva be the
1stux tu commentux this month....but hia i am
singin glory to the lord.....for the life nd gud
health he gave to me nd my family
members....nokia for havin dey awesome nd gr8 innovative experience to produce nokia E71 wit
gr8 feature and supperb browsin quality....to mtn
for notin disappointin me wit dia network
2day....to nepa cos i heard they are on strike but
not in my area cos they gave us light since
tuesday witout blinkin.....to my mama for givin birth to me(mama am gonna make u proud........like
2day)....to my papa for marryin my mum nd
injectin the super wonderful sperm in her dat
gyve raise to me....to seun for kumin out wit gr8
dream like nl.....I pray that the lord who started
all this ll neva make us see bad market this october.....nd for him to bless my felo nl members
@op... I luv this.......... I luv y'all Pls like my
post.....
Re: Nigeria Special Forces Bomb Boko Haram Hideouts In Yobe And Borno by iykemoney90(m): 9:47am On Oct 03, 2013
i pray is true....boko haram will be a history soon
Re: Nigeria Special Forces Bomb Boko Haram Hideouts In Yobe And Borno by WarriPikin1: 9:50am On Oct 03, 2013
Abok1: I recently made reference to the importance of drones and Arial surveillance in the fight against Boko Haram, and how we can leverage on this mode of operation to end this quagmire, but my suggestion was opposed. Kudos to the Military forces and I am sure that victory will soon be ours.

We just need to buy more [size=18pt]attack helicopters[/size] to support ground troops in combat.

Using airplanes to "bomb" targets you can't see especially a highly mobile enemy like Boko Haram, is a waste of time and a lame strategy.
Re: Nigeria Special Forces Bomb Boko Haram Hideouts In Yobe And Borno by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 03, 2013
Source pls. And mods, fp things
Re: Nigeria Special Forces Bomb Boko Haram Hideouts In Yobe And Borno by opeyemiz(m): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2013
abegi, this military people too dey lie jare.
Re: Nigeria Special Forces Bomb Boko Haram Hideouts In Yobe And Borno by VirginFinder: 10:01am On Oct 03, 2013
Up Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Factional CPC Completes Merger With PDM / Why Is GEJ Wasting Our Time With A Conference Needing NASS Ratification. / Gov Chibuike Amaechi Appears Before Human Rights Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.