Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Our Mums And The Slaps - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Mums And The Slaps (1392 Views)

Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal / What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / [PHOTO] Difference Between Mums And Dads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Mums And The Slaps by talk2dre(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2013
Yoruba mums produce the best range of slaps: Igbati, Ifoti,Igbaju, Igbarun, Iforun, Ifakun , Ibadi, Abara. These slaps will make you think you were adopted. Igbati will make you correct your wrong lesekese! The beauty of Ifoti is that you will confess your sins on the spot. Igbarun, Igbaju and Iforun will make you snitch on all those who committed the crime with you without hesitation. Abara and Iladi will make you pee in your new pants! Now Abara is the worst. This will make you do all of the above at once! God bless our parents for the good upbringing!

The igbatis will make one to see cloud 7 and its stars, what a sight to behold. Then, i thought i was being maltreated but it only makes me stronger. I love you Mum for all d Igbatis!!!

2 Likes

Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
gringringringrin
Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by Deen4me(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
i remember the nights in boarding school night prep ,

One senior will decide to punish 2 juniors by telling them to give dem selves ifoti or abara turn by turn

kai people suffer no b small embarassed
Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by talk2dre(m): 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
I heard a lot of stories about boarding schools; it was fun hearing them ...how i wish i had d experience!
Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by Kanwulia: 10:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
Naaaaaah!
I didINT ave a Yoruba mom or dad!
My mom NEVER HIT ANY OF US!
My dad used koboko to HARRRRAM our azzzzzzes ONLY aka LIE DOWN!!!! grin

My paternal grandma was Yoruba! She was the GENTLEST of souls! kiss NO SPANKING!!! R.I.Peace Darling Grandma OMOLOLA!!! I mizzzzzz dat ya NATIVE STEW AND BUSHMEAT!!! Tankzzz for NEVER-NEVER spanking us!!! cool

We were raised like loving children, NOT LIKE NATIVE fowls or goats! kiss
Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by ifyalways(f): 9:19am On Oct 04, 2013
My mom only slapped us with "her mouth" - m ga eji ura mapu gi nzuzu di gi n'isi was one of her favorite threats. The day she go flog you? God save your bums! Correct and well dried cane cheesy. Her normal disciplinary action is to make you copy Psalm 119 within 3 hours . Sweet mama kiss

1 Like

Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by talk2dre(m): 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
I just saw a mum dealt her son a slap n i remember this thread ...funny aint it?
Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by engrtee(f): 8:17am On Nov 04, 2013
Yoruba slap pain pass
Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nopes,my parents never slapped or beat me. They used their words.. all the time. God Bless my Parents.
Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by breathless(m): 11:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
Come try waffi slap. Its deafening. Waffi slaps makes you "correspond" sharp sharp.
Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by EfemenaXY: 7:59am On Nov 07, 2013
talk2dre: Yoruba mums produce the best range of slaps: Igbati, Ifoti,Igbaju, Igbarun, Iforun, Ifakun , Ibadi, Abara. These slaps will make you think you were adopted. Igbati will make you correct your wrong lesekese! The beauty of Ifoti is that you will confess your sins on the spot. Igbarun, Igbaju and Iforun will make you snitch on all those who committed the crime with you without hesitation. Abara and Iladi will make you pee in your new pants! Now Abara is the worst. This will make you do all of the above at once! God bless our parents for the good upbringing!

The igbatis will make one to see cloud 7 and its stars, what a sight to behold. Then, i thought i was being maltreated but it only makes me stronger. I love you Mum for all d Igbatis!!!

All that for a child?

And one wonders why despite the 8 varieties of slaps listed above, we still have criminals and thieving politicians ruling the country - or all other forms of child abusers roaming the streets.

smh.
Re: Our Mums And The Slaps by Adrenaline123(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2013
My mama's slap=mike tyson

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Remember When You Were Born? / Men Should Stop Sucking Their Wives Breast, It Is For Babies - Prof. Wale Oke / Read 7 Intimate Secrets Women Wish Men Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.