Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? (29751 Views)

If Your Spouse Slaps You For The First Time, What Would You Do? / Woman Slaps Husband At LUTH Car Park Over Unclad Photo On His Phone (snapshots) / Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by MrFairplay4ume(m): 3:36am On Jul 11, 2015
Disagreements are bound to ensue among couples, because naturally, people are expected to react to issues differently. Marriage counsellors say the response and manner in which couples react to matters are determinants of the survival of their marriages. If their spouses slapped them in the public for whatever reason, SATURDAY PUNCH asked some Nigerians what their reactions would be.

I’ll feel bad

Rejoice Ada

Why would he slap me in the public? That’s just too mean. I will feel bad, but I will expect that he apologises promptly. If he does that, I’ll forgive him, though I may not really forget about the incident. All the same, I will still love him like I used to, if he repents. It’s only when he wants to take my kindness for granted that I will show him my other side.

She must give me a million reasons she did so

Charles Adebowale

Which kind of wife slaps her husband in the public? Even if she did so in the closet, does it make it normal? No! No matter what I could have done or said that angered her, I could never have deserved such treatment. That’s way too far. The best thing she has to do for her own sake is to promptly apologise publicly so that I would not be angry at her madly. If she can’t apologise, then she must be ready to give me a million reasons why she slapped me. It is an embarrassing act.

He has to tell me why and apologise

Fatimo Babalola

That kind of man is a beast. No matter what I could have said to him that made him to be angry, he didn’t have any right to slap me. If he wants peace in the home thereafter, he should tell me at once why he slapped me, then he must apologise and compensate me for not returning that slap. Truth is, returning the slap would only be a show of shame in the public and it will be an embarrassment to friends and family members that learn about it later. I’ll choose the path of honour by asking for reasons and letting him beg for my forgiveness.

I’ll stop eating her food

Joe Oladokun

I’ll clean my cheeks up, though naturally I would be angry. That’s expected of me. But being a gentleman comes with so many sacrifices. For instance, it’s not possible for me to pay her back by landing my own slaps on her cheeks. I’ll get over it, at least while we were still in the public. It’s when we get home that I may then bother to ask her what went wrong. Failure to produce an answer and apologise will be too mean of her and that, I will not take lightly. There are ways to deal with her, but I won’t disclose much. One of them is to refuse to eat her food and communicate with her. It’s a painful experience, but I can’t retaliate – as a gentleman.

I’ll warn him never to try it again

Gloria Gwen

Seriously, that is a rude action. No matter what a woman does or says against a man, he doesn’t need to respond in such manner. Even some illiterates don’t do that. You have to respect your wife and she will respect you too. As for me, I will warn him never to try it again, because that’s a form of physical abuse and infringement on my rights. If he is remorseful, I will find a place in my heart to forgive him and let the matter go.

I’ll leave the scene at once

Taofeek Otufowora

It can only happen when someone is too crude, because I don’t think any civilised woman will resort to slapping her husband – even privately – for any reason. It is surely a sign of crudeness. Meanwhile, I could never have opened my eyes wide to marry such a woman. Assuming it happens, I’ll leave the scene immediately, without her. But if it’s an event or programme that I needed to be around throughout, I would manage to stay without talking to her. she should be made to realise her cruelty and apologise.

I’ll just walk away

Mary Okegbile

There is no need to also display madness. If he chooses to descend so low like that, I don’t have to follow suit. Not returning the slap would pass a stronger message to him – if he is a mature person. In that kind of scenario, I just need to walk away from the scene and go and sit down quietly somewhere. But if I have the means, I can just go home and relax, while awaiting his return. If he knows what is good and he’s mature, he will come home remorseful and on his knees begging me.

She’ll pay for it

Bebe James

She has to pay for that, right there or when we return home. I don’t think you have to simply rub your cheeks and let it go. That’s simply an aggressive manner. It is not a good thing. It makes one look like an animal. It shows total disrespect. I will try not to return my own slap, but she has to beg me in the presence of the same people she had slapped me. If she fails to do that, she might be calling for separation. Next time, she will learn that you don’t slap your ‘head’ for any reason.

One needs to treat him like a monster, too

Ebere Favour

I don’t tolerate nonsense. Men should not be made to think they have any special rights over women. They are to take care of their wives, protect them, provide for them and even shield them away from monsters. But when a man becomes a monster, one needs to treat him like one. I would also give him a dirty slap if that happens. I guess he will learn a lesson from there that he didn’t marry a fool. It’s not easy, though, but he shouldn’t have slapped me.

That can only happen if she’s the breadwinner

Uzor Isaac

I guess the only factor that could give a woman the gut to slap her husband is if she is the breadwinner of the family, which doesn’t make it right by the way. However, whether she is or not, I will respond appropriately – not necessarily by slapping her back, because I’m not a monster, but I could refuse her so many things, as a man. For instance, I could punish her by not sleeping with her again. When she comes back to her senses and does the needful, I will resume again. But really, it’s painful.

www.punchng.com/feature/adam-eve/what-will-you-do-if-your-spouse-slaps-you-in-public/

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by AirstarKane(f): 3:42am On Jul 11, 2015
I won't do anything because we in the public can't be shouting or fighting people will now gather before you know it you on nairaland or lib. We can't be both crazy at same time.I will jejely take bike and go home to think of what wld have caused it maybe one bolt loose from his head because am too gentle to look for trouble grin

I won't call him, if he apologies fine but it's on record already and won't take that shit a second time. If he doesn't what else am I waiting for shocked I will take the next flight to save my skin from further torture grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by raayah(f): 3:51am On Jul 11, 2015
I will walk away and end the relationship immediately.

Its obvious your partner does not respect you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Welrez(m): 4:08am On Jul 11, 2015
She should get ready to kill a goat!

13 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by TemmyWon(f): 4:09am On Jul 11, 2015
SMH, he would have done it before in private and would have seen my reaction, so he wouldn't dare in public. If its first time in public, that's " from my village" I'd just walk away.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by cococandy(f): 4:24am On Jul 11, 2015
In public? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Onemansquad(m): 4:36am On Jul 11, 2015
Turn the other side for her then after that i will walk home *u knw d rest*

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by marshalcarter: 4:46am On Jul 11, 2015
Onemansquad:
Why must you steal wats in ma mind dis early momogrin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by waleadex(m): 4:48am On Jul 11, 2015
She won't just do it...buy if it happens then na to see psycho doctor o
Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Onemansquad(m): 4:49am On Jul 11, 2015
marshalcarter:

Why must you steal wats in ma mind dis early momogrin
hehehe why must place a false allegation on me dis early momo grin no wory i jst help save u some stress
Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by ekim004(m): 4:53am On Jul 11, 2015
jst waka comot do as if say notin apun buh da would b d last she would hear frm me
Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Yustash001(m): 4:55am On Jul 11, 2015
That's the end of the relationship....for her to have slapped me...she must me hot-tempered....

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 11, 2015
Turn the other cheek grin
Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Xslaze3xd(m): 5:47am On Jul 11, 2015
She will buy this stuffs to appease the gods of the land;
2 He-goat
7 Tubers of yam
3 gallon of palm wine
A lot of Stockfish
4 bunch of unripe plantain
9 bags of kolanut
5 aligetor pepper
2 keg of palm oil
with #30, 000 for the gods.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Cutehector(m): 5:52am On Jul 11, 2015
Thr must be smth bad a spouse must hav don to warrant the othe spouse to hit him or her...

He must hav bEen caught in a hotel sleepin wit anoda woman nd viceversa

She must hav embarassed him in public and vice versa

Whatever case, its not good to hit one"s partner in public..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Lilyomi(f): 7:58am On Jul 11, 2015
Onemansquad:
Slaps him on both left n ryt cheek. Oya turn ur back for me. Picks koboko.... grin
I wl collapse after this. grin. He wl forgive

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Onemansquad(m): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2015
Lilyomi:

Slaps him on both left n ryt cheek. Oya turn ur back for me. Picks koboko.... grin
I wl collapse after this. grin. He wl forgive
undecided u wil cum meet me at home *shey u knw wat i can do* turn nd walks away

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by thelish(f): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
TemmyWon:
SMH, he would have done it before in private and would have seen my reaction, so he wouldn't dare in public. If its first time in public, that's " from my village" I'd just walk away.
laughing out my ribs cos of this comment
Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by McEwen(m): 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
ishi can't try it cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Bonapart(m): 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mtcheeeeew! ! !
Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by tintingz(m): 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Turn the other cheek.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by hakeem4(m): 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by exemen: 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
She will buy this stuffs to appease the gods of the land;
2 He-goat
7 Tubers of yam
3 gallon of palm wine
4 bunch of unripe plantain
5 aligetor pepper
2 keg of palm oil
with #30, 000 for the gods.
bobo.... i knw ur scope..... with all this stuffs u dnt need to disturb ur self about wedding items again........ all this one is enough..... abi u won go do her burial ceremony again ni

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by PubLlcEnemy(m): 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
Her own don finish be that...

I will smile in reassurance like ... Well she just lost it and we're cool, we're cool... And apologise to her for offending and gently take her home... Then when we get home...grin grin grin ...

I will nak3d her and tie her hands and legs to the four sides of the bed,with her legs and hand spread wide open, then suck her clits and finger her puzzy for 3days non stop...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by steffans(m): 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
all dis kinds of situations no get proper answer..
until it happens to you.

so leave matter for mattias grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Quote: 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
kiss ha..that's what I know she can't resist. Lol-Reminds me of this extremely hilarious story I stumbled on...The awkward and funny way I met my hubby
.. http://yesreport..com/2015/07/the-awkward-and-funny-way-i-met-my-hubby.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by LEXYCOM: 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
Marriage don end be dat

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Georgekyrian(m): 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
Follow my mind..

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
I will just walk away, when I reach me home, I will take my bath and leave the house for her.
When I return late in the evening, I will not eat her food, In the bedroom I will sleep turning my back on her.
In the morning I take my bath before 4.30am and leave the house again, I will continue for like 2 weeks.
Believe me there is no greater punishment than that, she will be psychologically traumatized and before you know it, the wailing wailer would be kneeling before me wailing her heart out................ Then I will hold her hand, help her to her feet and give her a passionate kiss.
For she is my wife, the love of my life.

39 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr Joe Abah Celebrates 30 Years Marriage. Share Tips For Young Men / Man Rejoices After Finalising His Divorce. Photos / Four Nigerian Siblings Graduate Same Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.