Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake (9460 Views)

Scary: Which Of These Would You Eat For #50,000? / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hello i want to know did you eat your parents cake there is a trend going on that the couple who got married will keep some part of their wedding cake for their first child.
For me i don't think i ate my parents wedding cake what of you.
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Emmyk(m): 10:01am On Oct 07, 2013
I didnt. It happend like a decade before I was born...
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by dasparrow: 10:44am On Oct 07, 2013
@Post

No I did not. I am the second to the last child. My parents already had 2 kids before I came along. Besides, with the terrible electricity supply in Nigeria, how is one suppose to preserve the cake without it getting spoilt? Such a practice of keeping a piece of the wedding cake for 1 year or longer can only work in countries that have stable power supply and not a country like Nigeria where I sometimes go 4 weeks straight without electricity supply from PHCN/NEPA. Moreover, I prefer eating a freshly baked cake and not one that was baked and has been sitting in the freezer for 12 months.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by tpia5: 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
i doubt this is a nigerian habit, maybe some other country.

correct me if i'm wrong?

1 Like

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
Its still in the fridge!!! I cant take it till i'm 21 years old...Ibere oshi! undecided:/:/

19 Likes

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by dahdah: 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
CAKE
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Daewoods(m): 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
Yes, i did. Na small children full nairaland dis days, guess registration should be by who ate his or her parents cake or not.
You eat: register
you no eat: no register

4 Likes

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by MillionDollars: 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
yh! I ate it!!... But after eating it, I WOKE UP!

1 Like

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nope, my parents marry 22 years ago I wasn't even born!
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by bladegirl7: 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
Must Watch : See The Youngest Pastor So Far
[VIDEO]

http://www..com/2013/10/must-watch-see-youngest-pastor-so-far.html
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by agrovick(m): 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
Wedding? My parents didnt av a church wedding. Polygamous things if u know what i mean
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by wiilly02(m): 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
i ate my parent's kola nut....the 1 dey usd 4 their traditional marriage

1 Like

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by hunkydory(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
No
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
I think I ate it in my mum's breast...
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by hustla(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
Brb
Let me call momsie undecided
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by tintingz(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
No, I did not but sucked my mummy brea;st smiley
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by manny4life(m): 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
How possible is that? Even in this current dispensation, the preservative used in cake has a life span of a few months, not to talk of in the past. When your parents got married, had a kid, you grew up to be able to eat something sold before the cake, assuming everything is constant (electricity, caks preservation, etc), again how possible is that? Only possible if the lady was pregnant or put to but before/after the wedding.

Now back to question, NO I DID NO.
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
No oo
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by kaisy1980: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
This is annoying, what kind of topic is this? Please MOD should be banished for 2 weeks , if NOT I WILL NOT VISIT NL for the next 2 nweeks

3 Likes

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Mayany(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
SO UNA TOPIC DON FINISH ABI? SMH

3 Likes

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Anniettieufia(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
Tell us the reason why you didn't eat your parents' own ,
and i will tell you how i ate my parents' own,

pieces are still left over for confirmation by my children.

For this country,
it could work as a w*i*t*c*h- craft practice.

1 Like

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by rodeo0070(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
In Niger-Area? Eating parents' wedding cake? Oga o! How's that even possible in the first place? Except if they got married officially after several years of "marriage."
Still end shall never wonder fa...
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by searay(m): 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
I'm not bastard. @OP, how far?
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by AnOlAd: 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
Huh? And the benefit of this question is undecided..

1 Like

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by chymystique(f): 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lol... Lekwanu JAMB Question...

There is nothing people wnt ask on dis NL smiley
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Moshkom(m): 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
Wedding Cake Ke!.. even their Birthday Cake I neva eva eat twalkless ov Wedding own; dats even if dey cut cake den sef!
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
see question o! Anyway i ate my parents own simply because they had to 're-do' their wedding recently
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
My mum saved it for me in anothed form cos they couldnt afford a wedding cake. so with the steadfast support of my Dad, the cake wwas transformed into BR€A$TMILK which i ate everyday But now we can afford to eat a cake as 3square meal.

1 Like

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
Yes I did including leftover from their first, second and third date.

1 Like

Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by buchito1(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
Yes sure!! I had a taste of their cake.... I tink d one ma mama chop enta belle, nd i dey belle dat time....grin grin... Gues i lucky die! cool
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by vladimiros: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
You need fridge to do thay. So mo
Re: Did You Eat Yor Parents Wedding Cake by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hahahaha dem never even dream to born me wen dem marry so how ah wan take see d cake

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cake-spiration! / / Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.