Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 (9476 Views)

Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers / Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost / Expect 50% Increase In Prices Of Bread - Bakers Tell Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by nairalandkachy1: 7:37am On Feb 14
The Association of Master Bakers and Caterers of Nigeria has said it would withdraw its service nationwide from February 27, should the Federal government refuse to implement the agreement it entered into with the association in 2020.

It called for the immediate implementation of financial support palliatives for bakers as promised by the Federal Government as post COVID-19 support programmes for Small and Medium Enterprises for bakers who have lost over 40 per cent of their membership and still counting.

It further called for the suspension of all forms of taxation on the bakery industry for now at the federal, state and local government levels.

A statement from the National President of AMBCON, Alhaji Mansur Umar, read on his behalf by the Kogi State Chairman of the association, Chief Gabriel Adeniyi, on Tuesday, noted that the decision to withdraw its services was due to the “multifarious increase in the prices of baking materials such as flour, sugar, yeast, vegetable oil, petrol, diesel all occasioned by subsidy removal and forex deregulation.”

The association said, “Multiple taxations from several federal, state, local government agencies fees and levies, hike in business activities in Nigeria are also some of the reasons for the impending strike action.”

The statement partly read, “The Association of Master Bakers and Caterers of Nigeria have critically accessed the state of our business operation, consequently demand the liberalisation of flour and sugar importation, reduction or total removal of import duties on major baking materials such as flour, sugar, butter, yeast etc as applicable to other commodities as have recently been done by the federal government and Provision of concessionary forex exchange to flour millers and other stakeholders as well as reduction of tariff on imported wheat and sugar.”

Other demands outlined by the association include the development of cultivation and processing of wheat and sugar cane in Nigeria, and the removal of multiple taxations at all government levels.

The Association also called for the setting up of a price control and monitoring committee as allowed by the constitution as amended and other conditions that will enhance the ease of doing business in the country.

https://punchng.com/master-bakers-begin-nationwide-strike-february-27/

Nlfpmod mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by ideatoprince18(m): 7:52am On Feb 14
Bbb
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by superCleanworks(m): 7:53am On Feb 14
better go on strike and SPEAK UP than to keep increasing your prices because one day you will eat all your bakings by yourself.

Bread is racing to 2,000 per loaf.

justmi1:
while you eat stone or your naira.

so of all the abundance of various foods in the world, your only option for bread is stone or paper? so if you are not eating bread then the next option for you is to start eating stone? Your life must be so wretched. God forbid.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by BIGGIE121(m): 7:53am On Feb 14
Not again we should expect another bread increase. We are super doomed in this country

11 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Nigercity: 7:53am On Feb 14
E reach everybody

4 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Kajaard: 7:53am On Feb 14
I really fear for the future of this country.

It's never being this bad

42 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Timoleon(m): 7:53am On Feb 14
I remember what I said on the 1st

2024 will be a worse economic year for Nigeria than 2023. The good news however is that 2024 will be a better economic year than 2025. Go figure.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by UptownVibes(m): 7:54am On Feb 14
Good.. Pure water factories should join. We must learn a lesson in this country.

8 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by akinmusi(m): 7:54am On Feb 14
That longest bread for toll gate go be 2000 be that oo.

4 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by SmallDick99(m): 7:54am On Feb 14
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Kingrshd3: 7:55am On Feb 14
Make Una create or bake wheat bread or use local materials and leave oyibo bread alone

3 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by PheelzAlmighty: 7:55am On Feb 14
Nothing to see hear...

Just Nigerians enjoying tinubuu

6 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Lalami3232(m): 7:55am On Feb 14
In year 2027, I will be the first to vote Tinunbu in my state/local government/community etc. Una never see anything oooooo. By 2031, we all go hear the odour that time grin

Anyways, that's not my reason for coming here. I'm here to give the good news and nothing but the good news.
And it says "Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted"

12 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by kwadoskii(m): 7:55am On Feb 14
😏

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Nahunger(m): 7:55am On Feb 14
Good no bread for any man.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by kerry57: 7:55am On Feb 14
If na for me una fit strike for eternity because bread no too be my food like that.

But I know that there are people that can do without bread in this country, I have some cousins like that. Make una reconsider the strike for these people's sake
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Hybrid600: 7:55am On Feb 14
Wahala everywhere. Flour, sugar, milk even eggs have all had their prices increased. I bought bread that use to be ₦300 back then for 1,100 over the weekend. I don hold meeting with family to reduce their appetite for bread. Son of man can't be spending almost 4k on bread every 2 - 3 days .

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by beautyhd: 7:55am On Feb 14
Can we allow the British to come and recolonize us again, it’s obvious we can’t handle our own affairs any longer.

APC has vowed to pull this country to the ground. Nothing is working, everything is damn wrong.

Who would ever believe that the inefficient Buhari will be missed.

6 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Confirm4real(m): 7:55am On Feb 14
Better oo!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by saintjimos(m): 7:55am On Feb 14
The FG keeps failing to keep to it promises

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by BrighterSyde: 7:56am On Feb 14
The silence of the idiots on NL that voted this govt is more annoying than the multiple failure and corruption of this govt.
I have not heard from yarimo, freestuffng can no longer afford to give anything out for free even as useless as his free stuff was, the dead meat griller who’s other moniker is NLpolicewoman is no where to be found on NL again. But let them open a thread quoting statistics you will see all of them there. A lot of brains need to be resetted

18 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by matotoide(m): 7:57am On Feb 14
God hand no dey for Nigeria matter at all!

2 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by casualobserver: 7:58am On Feb 14
Hear these ones! They want concessional forex in this day and age? Did our forefathers eat bread? They should please close down today so we can eat healthy ogi and akara with locally sourced ingredients. Nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by NPFLADMIN(m): 7:58am On Feb 14
Abeg make person help me with something.
Opay
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Timoleon(m): 7:58am On Feb 14
Kajaard:
I really fear for the future of this country.

It's never being this bad

Brace up...the worst is yet to come and the nation on autopilot is headed in that direction.

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Brushstrokes20: 7:59am On Feb 14
.. And it's another one.... 👀👀👀👀👀
By the time eBOLA is done ravaging the shyyythole, Nigerians will be queueing up in droves for Somalia 🇸🇴visas 😁😁😀😀😂😂😬😬😅🤣😜
The shyyythole from fry pan To FIRE 🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Parydelegate: 7:59am On Feb 14
Sad
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by ThinkWISELY(m): 7:59am On Feb 14
Why are they disturbing us when it's the final consumers that are feeling the heat the most?.

Abi dem no dey increase price of bread rapidly since, mchwee.

We are not ready yet, when we are ready nobody go remind anyone.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Crystalline(f): 8:00am On Feb 14
Which way Naija
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by 198800Mam(m): 8:01am On Feb 14
WAHALA FOR BREAD CONSUMERS AND PASTRY PRODUCTS
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by surgical: 8:01am On Feb 14
Kingrshd3:
Make Una create or bake wheat bread or use local materials and leave oyibo bread alone
That's an opportunity for you,explore it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by BrighterSyde: 8:02am On Feb 14
casualobserver:
Hear these ones! They want concessional forex in this day and age? Did our forefathers eat bread? They should please close down today so we can eat healthy ogi and akara with locally sourced ingredients. Nonsense!

Don’t mind them jare. Concessional forex is only for the politicians and the ruling class. The masses like you will continue to suffer while the politicians who are largely responsible for the dwindling naira will remain protected and still have access to these concessions.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? / Why Do We Eat Chicken On Christmas Day? / Somebody Help With The Best Recipe For Moi Moi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.