Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? (22690 Views)

~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? / Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
Lol @ ogugua. U probably have long thick hair. I agree with adaobi and Modella. . . .Braids rock!!
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by agehero13(f): 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
[quote author=philip.adesola]Braids Shuku ologede, shuku alagolo, orisa bunmi and patewo are better hair styles. They re cheap too
grin
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
nonisofast: Lol @ ogugua. U probably have long thick hair. I agree with adaobi and Modella. . . .Braids rock!!

Yeah, but even when it was shorter, I never got them for the same reasons. I can't sit still for 2 hours, talkless of 12. I let it grow out on its own.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Otses(f): 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
Am currently on braids and I love it simply because it is easy to carry and it dosen't stress me in the mornings when am going to work.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by OmoyeleTobi: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
I love braids
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by agehero13(f): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
I avnt done tiny braid b4 cos i cant sit for long
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by andyanders: 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
kokoye: Wifey took the day off to do tiny braids and she came home feeling exhausted.

- the entire process took almost 8 hours (two braiders most of the time)

- it cost $200!!!

- Now she cant even sleep comfortably for the next few days because her head hurts and her neck is stiff....and I cant touch!!

- the braids are not on her head forever..she'll be taking them off in about 2 months max.

- she'll have to spend some hours taking them off again and maybe some money in the process.

- God help you if your wife has a[i] big head[/i] ...double the number of hours!

- The money and time increases geometrically with every daughter you have!

Before you say you are doing the braids to look good for us, we'll have you remember that braids are not the only hairstyle you look good with..and we care more about what's on the inside of you smiley

OP , You meant Big hair or Big Head?
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Victosin09(f): 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
Double post
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Victosin09(f): 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
Braids are lovely, though i hardly braid coz my hair is so light. I'd rather fix my hair than braid. Moreover, its so time consuming, there are more important tins to be done than spending 'forever' in a saloon!
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Caracta(f): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
#team braids cheesy

The hot water part can be very painful cry Other than that, i'm cool with braids. 8 hours is not that long you know...just get something to eat.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
Smh for u OP grin grin grin
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by AnanseK(m): 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
swhiss: ''....if a woman have long hair , it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering''- 1corinthians 11:15.
Bible is even in support of it.
So it worth it! cheesy

Is the bible referring to the hair you buy in the market - attachments and extensions?
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Pacesetter2: 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
Caracta: #team braids cheesy

The hot water part can be very painful cry Other than that, i'm cool with braids. 8 hours is not that long you know...just get something to eat.

you mean 8 hours is not that long. Thats about travelling from ekiti to lagos back to ekiti then to ibadan. Haha....my future wife no fil spend more than 2& half hour for saloon. For wetin?

1 Like

Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Adedayolayo(f): 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
My hair dresser just helped me with kinky. She used a very hot water to tong it.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
adaobi123: I love braids. Its probably the hairstyle I only do. Teambraids.

I noticed smiley
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by swhiss: 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
AnanseK:

Is the bible referring to the hair you buy in the market - attachments and extensions?

not realy...i tink its only jes tying to support womens idea of beautifying their natural hair or using attachments/extensions
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Stunner1(f): 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
30,000 naira for braids shocked odikwa kpokpo hian
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
speedyboi:

I noticed smiley

smiley
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by devour129: 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
redsquare: Women are really funny, from Braids to Brazillian, Venezuelan, Mexican, Indian and Caribbean weaveons. Haba, una no de tire? Person wey fine, fine and person wey ugly, ugly no matter the kinda hair you fixed. Truth is, most guys don't even know the difference between all these hairstyles.
that's what you think ! Most guys notice n can tell the difference . About the price it differs from salon to salon or market.i do all my braids at home sha and highest av paid for an kind of braids is 9k.theres this new one they call South African braids and it cost 25k to braid,can't do that besides I carry my hair for only 2weeks sometimes one week.i have rough hair so I don't carry braids too long
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Enoquin(f): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
Two places I dread going to, the saloon and the tailor's shop.
I actually give myself a pep talk from a week till the time I have to go to the saloon. Tiny braids? Not for me.
Pick and drop (normal sized), 5 steps - 4 steps normal weaving and then ghana on top...not too long either, a bit below or above my shoulders is just fine.

1 Like

Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by felzylix(m): 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
Braids ko braids nii, u'd better stick 2 chuku, patewo or darlin yaki. Its beautiful n nt beautiFOOL...
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Christine01(f): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
Braids are beautiful and lovely. You can never go wrong with them. They are easy to manage as compared to weaveons.

#TeamBraids
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by felzylix(m): 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
- the entire process took almost 8 hours (two braiders most of the time)

- it cost $200!!!

$200? I even fnk say nah #200! Later u ll b complaining of headache, do u need a prophet to tell u dt u r carying 5bags of rice on ur head

4 Likes

Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
felzylix:
do u need a prophet to tell u dt u r carying 5bags of rice on ur head
*dead* grin grin grin
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by babybuzx(f): 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
philip.adesola:
Braids Shuku ologede, shuku alagolo, orisa bunmi and patewo are better hair styles. They re cheap too
u must be a man to choose dis styles not only a man but man who can't give his woman more than 500 naira to make her hair

1 Like

Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by pryd(m): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
Braids are really attractive.
I saw a lady at the bus.stop few weeks ago, tho I had seen her a number of times before then but she appeared so beautiful on her braids. I couldn't resist dropping a compliment(tho she's well older than me)...lol
I love braids so much.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by ladygogo: 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
i can only sit down for box braids these days. i'm too restless for that. Besides, those tiny ones are not really good for your edges.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by romzey(m): 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
I love braids! Love it when my woman braids her hair. Its a turn on for me.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
Its never worth it. Read 1 timothy 2 vs 9 it reads. In like manner also that women should adorn themselves in modest aparrel, with shamefacedness and soberity, not with braided hair, or gold, nor pearls or costly array. Pls ladies be natural. God didn't make a mistake in creating you the way u are remember he said in matt 5 he said he has numbered ur hair and no one falls down without him not knowing don't try to correct him. Live according to the standards of the scriptures to avoid ending up in hell. Remember it wa only 8 people that God found worthy in noah's days if u continue disobeying him, he will cast u into hell. Don't be deceived God bless u.
Re: Women And Braids ..is It Worth It? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
AnanseK:

yta. Sharap that is how u get deceived by these fake pastors that enjoy taking people to hell in order to get rewarded by lucifer. Its braid ur real hair. Don't u know ur natural hair again. Read 1 timothy 2 vs 9 and don't be deceived.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Identify Good Senator Material? / Contestants Of Queen Of Aso Nigeria 2018 (Photos) / Petra Emechebe Emerges Winner Of Miss Orumba South Pageantry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.