Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? (1072 Views)

SONGS That Make You Feel GODS Presence / Songs That Makes You Feel God's Presence? / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,

Just wondering if this ever came across your mind and how you were able to handle it.

Expecting matured responses from all angles.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by kingk(m): 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2013
For me bro, am not afraid of DEATH cos christ in me is the hope of all glory....
If anyone is afraid of death, then he/she should examine his/her self well.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by cyrexx: 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
I was dead and non-existent for billions of years before my lifetime on earth and I will be dead and non-existent for billions of years after lifetime on earth. I wasn't bothered about the former, why should I be bothered about the latter?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
cyrexx: I was dead and non-existent for billions of years before my lifetime on earth and I will be dead and non-existent for billions of years after lifetime on earth. I wasn't bothered about the former, why should I be bothered about the latter?

Because unlike your non-existent 'state', you are conscious and awake to the 'harsh' reality of leaving behind everything you hold dear.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
kingk: For me bro, am not afraid of DEATH cos christ in me is the hope of all glory....
If anyone is afraid of death, then he/she should examine his/her self well.

If u don't know, u just answered me. Religion is the cause of ur fear like so many others.

The fear of not believing in the afterlife...
The fear of ...
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Because unlike your non-existent 'state', you are conscious and awake to the 'harsh' reality of leaving behind everything you hold dear.
but it's inevitable.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by youngice(m): 12:03am On Oct 04, 2013
i dey fear die, my life aint d way its meant to b and im scared to change #waiting for sometin

no preach sha
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by cyrexx: 7:17am On Oct 04, 2013
double post
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by cyrexx: 7:17am On Oct 04, 2013
striktlymi:

So you would like to believe, or so did your holy books told you but unfortunately THAT'S NOT TRUE. All your consciousness, memory and everything you know is located in your brain, and when your brain dies and decays, so goes your memory, consciousness and everything you know about your lifetime.And there is no concrete evidence that consciousness survives brain death and decay.

This thread is about giving personal opinion about death and our opinions may not all agree. Let's not debate that on this particular thread. Let's just state our opinions and move on, shall we?
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 04, 2013
religion made me fear death. fear of hell and all that nonsense.
now I fear nothing. death is just another phase we will all inevitably go thru.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 04, 2013
9jadelta: but it's inevitable.

Agreed!

But there is the added bonus of it being mysterious and humans by nature are afraid of what they know little or nothing about.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 04, 2013
cyrexx:

So you would like to believe, or so did your holy books told you but unfortunately THAT'S NOT TRUE. All your consciousness, memory and everything you know is located in your brain, and when your brain dies and decays, so goes your memory, consciousness and everything you know about your lifetime.And there is no concrete evidence that consciousness survives brain death and decay.

This thread is about giving personal opinion about death and our opinions may not all agree. Let's not debate that on this particular thread. Let's just state our opinions and move on, shall we?

Lol!

But you are the one debating. Check my post again.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by ooman(m): 8:38am On Oct 04, 2013
striktlymi:

one just wonders why christians prefer earth than paradise, is this because they are not certain a paradise is really there? If not, christians should be committing suicide daily.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

one just wonders why christians prefer earth than paradise, is this because they are not certain a paradise is really there? If not, christians should be committing suicide daily.

That's very funny!

Have you come across the statement: "where your treasures are there your thoughts..."

Anyways, a Christian who commits suicide 'knowingly' will definitely miss the mark.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by ooman(m): 9:04am On Oct 04, 2013
striktlymi:

That's very funny!

Have you come across the statement: "where your treasures are there your thoughts..."

Anyways, a Christian who commits suicide 'knowingly' will definitely miss the mark.

Little wonder why Nigerians are taking any route to America, because its really there. If paradise is there, am certain I wont be talking to you right now, you'd have found your self an easy route.

Anyway, my thoughts could be on gold and that is my treasure, so that dumb statement, made by your dead lord, makes no difference, nor is it a proof for paradise. tongue
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

Little wonder why Nigerians are taking any route to America, because its really there. If paradise is there, am certain I wont be talking to you right now, you'd have found your self an easy route.

Anyway, my thoughts could be on gold and that is my treasure, so that dumb statement, made by your dead lord, makes no difference, nor is it a proof for paradise. tongue

Hmmm...

What am I going to do with you?
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by ooman(m): 9:20am On Oct 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmm...

What am I going to do with you?

be reasonable, pls angry
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

be reasonable, pls angry

That really is me being very reasonable. Now that you mentioned it, what exactly do you think "Reason" is and is it reasonable to say: people die?? If yes, why?
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by ooman(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2013
striktlymi:

That really is me being very reasonable. Now that you mentioned it, what exactly do you think "Reason" is and is it reasonable to say: people die?? If yes, why?

you see, i know you are confused about what life and death is, first you should try to understand what life is, then death. Lemme ask you, what do you think life is? Then what do you think death is?

Reason is making simple sense in a truthful and verifiable way.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Agreed!

But there is the added bonus of it being mysterious and humans by nature are afraid of what they know little or nothing about.
yeah, for religious people with plenty of faith and less questions.

for people like me, death is natural, nothing mysterious about it
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

you see, i know you are confused about what life and death is, first you should try to understand what life is, then death. Lemme ask you, what do you think life is? Then what do you think death is?

I guessed you won't give a straightforward answer. Anyways, I don't believe that there is anything like death (strictly speaking). I believe what folks tag "death" is basically a transformation of the human body and spirit.

The body 'dies' when all brain activity as we know it 'stops' but when we take a cursory look, we would realize that the activities of the brain is some form of energy which CANNOT be destroyed. So, no matter how we see it, that activity can only take on a new 'form' and in this sense, it does not really die.

ooman:

Hmmm...

Before the 'discoveries' would it be reasonable to say that metal can fly?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 04, 2013
I have no fear.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 04, 2013
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Energy can only be transformed from one for to another.

Humans don't really die, they only take off their earthly cloths and transform into other things. Death is nothing but awakening into another reality. Death is not the end of life. Life is eternal. So why would anyone be scared?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by ooman(m): 10:45am On Oct 04, 2013
striktlymi:

I guessed you won't give a straightforward answer. Anyways, I don't believe that there is anything like death (strictly speaking). I believe what folks tag "death" is basically a transformation of the human body and spirit.

The body 'dies' when all brain activity as we know it 'stops' but when we take a cursory look, we would realize that the activities of the brain is some form of energy which CANNOT be destroyed. So, no matter how we see it, that activity can only take on a new 'form' and in this sense, it does not really die.

ok now, are you suggesting that energy has consciousness? cos am kinda confused here.

striktlymi: Hmmm...

Before the 'discoveries' would it be reasonable to say that metal can fly?

if it can be verified, if only that tongue
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

I can say life is having hope for tomorrow while death is the actuality of that hope. We all live and know that someday, we will die. Some believe that there is a super being called God - the unmoved mover, that nothing is greater than, which is present in understanding and in reality. The one whom nothing is greater than has made us to understand that we need to hope for something which is life after death... even though some say that death is a cycle people go through without knowing it thereby getting purer in every lifetime...

So I believe we all live in hope of what lies ahead of tomorrow and death also lies in the same tomorrow. We all understand that someday we will die and have been seeing it around us even a fool knows that death is something we are all afraid of because even people that commit suicide are afraid of death and are so brave enough to face their fear one and for all.

Most religions have it in their book of knowledge that we should live a very good life worthy of reference but putting that in mind, it helps up in living life afraid of death because this same religion have a glimpse of what is meant by life after death that is being determined by the way we live and by doing, we all try to live a good life in balance with the odds we have made and in turn, we are afraid of death and the homely call.

Scientists have confirmed the life after death as quoted below and we should all be aware of it as well.

'Near death experience' or NDE research remains a key divide between religion and science - can consciousness function independently of the human body, and therefore, survive bodily death? Could this then prove the existence of a 'soul', and confirm ghosts, plus other paranormal or spiritual phenomena?
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-raj-persaud/near-death-experiences_b_3766845.html

So do you now believe WE ALL live each day afraid of dying?
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Mintayo(m): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2013
You will be afraid of death when you don't know when you are going when you die,I am not afraid of death.
I will die when I am ready to die,I am not ready to die now,I CAN'T die now...death has no power over me.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mintayo: You will be afraid of death when you don't know when you are going when you die,I am not afraid of death.
I will die when I am ready to die,I am not ready to die now,I CAN'T die now...death has no power over me.

Hahahahahaha
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mintayo: You will be afraid of death when you don't know when you are going when you die,I am not afraid of death.
You are right to be absent in the body is to be present with the Lord.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by ooman(m): 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
ledafaze:

I can say life is having hope for tomorrow while death is the actuality of that hope. We all live and know that someday, we will die. Some believe that there is a super being called God - the unmoved mover, that nothing is greater than, which is present in understanding and in reality. The one whom nothing is greater than has made us to understand that we need to hope for something which is life after death... even though some say that death is a cycle people go through without knowing it thereby getting purer in every lifetime...

So I believe we all live in hope of what lies ahead of tomorrow and death also lies in the same tomorrow. We all understand that someday we will die and have been seeing it around us even a fool knows that death is something we are all afraid of because even people that commit suicide are afraid of death and are so brave enough to face their fear one and for all.

Most religions have it in their book of knowledge that we should live a very good life worthy of reference but putting that in mind, it helps up in living life afraid of death because this same religion have a glimpse of what is meant by life after death that is being determined by the way we live and by doing, we all try to live a good life in balance with the odds we have made and in turn, we are afraid of death and the homely call.

Scientists have confirmed the life after death as quoted below and we should all be aware of it as well.

So do you now believe WE ALL live each day afraid of dying?

Near Death Experience (NDE) is nothing but a pseudoscience. Its not even science, its just science looking into people's claims. Near death experience is nothing but dreams and hallucinations.

though the question was not asked to you, you replied, but never answered the question.

You offered no definition, you gave gave explanations as told to you as a child.

There can be no such thing as an unmovable movable, nature is dynamic.

Nature does not allow for the existence of gods. There is no god because gods cannot exist.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bidam: You are right to be absent in the body is to be present with the Lord.

That is something about the bible... saying things to confuse the wise. The way up is down and the way down is up according to the words of Christ. If you think you want to save your life, that is when you loose it and in loosing your life for His sake, then you will save it. Saving it for the afterlife...

But one thing is certain... we all want to live and fulfil our purpose in life according to the words of our Lord... but knowing that that future is tomorrow and death also is tomorrow... Are you saying you are not scared of the death being hacked before the expected future?
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Mintayo(m): 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
ledafaze:

Hahahahahaha
God has a purpose for us all,and until we have fulfil that purpose,we are not suppose to accept death no matter what.
I love your above answer to ooman.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

Near Death Experience (NDE) is nothing but a pseudoscience. Its not even science, its just science looking into people's claims. Near death experience is nothing but dreams and hallucinations.

though the question was not asked to you, you replied, but never answered the question.

You offered no definition, you gave gave explanations as told to you as a child.

There can be no such thing as an unmovable movable, nature is dynamic.

Nature does not allow for the existence of gods. There is no god because gods cannot exist.

I would not want to say that I agree with you on that part saying there is no existence of gods/God. Because this thing exists in two dimensions... Firstly in understanding and lastly in existence. You fully understand what is being passed saying there is an unmoved mover whom which no one supersedes but you fail to believe it in reality. But lets put that argument like this...

Premises 1: There is a subject called Mathematics
Premises 2: I dont know Mathematics
Conclusion: I dont believe in Mathematics

That is very true of you and your position. But taking a walk back into Premises 2, you should know that if you dedicate your time to know Mathematics, you would have believed in its actual existence if you just take your time to look at its rules and comply with them. Same thing applies to the existence of God. You understand what it is meant by someone being the unmoved mover who's got no one above him but just that you are not in line with the belief in its reality. To prove that, you have to first of all go with the rule that it applies... that is a big talk for another day.

I answered your questions about what life is and what death is in my former post and about the consciousness of energy, I will say YES.

Below are the insights I read about in a book, which is being practiced...

THE FIRST INSIGHT . . . A CRITICAL MASS
A new spiritual awakening is occurring in human culture, an awakening brought about by a critical mass of individuals who experience their lives as a spiritual unfolding, a journey in which we are led forward by mysterious coincidences.

THE SECOND INSIGHT . . . THE LONGER NOW
This awakening represents the creation of a new, more complete worldview, which replaces a five-hundred-year-old preoccupation with secular survival and comfort. While this technological preoccupation was an important step, our awakening to life's coincidences is opening us up to the real purpose of human life on this planet, and the real nature of our universe.

THE THIRD INSIGHT . . . A MATTER OF ENERGY
We now experience that we live not in a material universe, but in a universe of dynamic energy. Everything extant is a field of sacred energy that we can sense and intuit. Moreover, we humans can project our energy by focusing our attention in the desired direction...where attention goes, energy flows...influencing other energy systems and increasing the pace of coincidences in our lives.

THE FOURTH INSIGHT . . . THE STRUGGLE FOR POWER
Too often humans cut themselves off from the greater source of this energy and so feel weak and insecure. To gain energy we tend to manipulate or force others to give us attention and thus energy. When we successfully dominate others in this way, we feel more powerful, but they are left weakened and often fight back. Competition for scarce, human energy is the cause of all conflict between people.

THE FIFTH INSIGHT . . . THE MESSAGE OF THE MYSTICS
Insecurity and violence ends when we experience an inner connection with divine energy within, a connection described by mystics of all traditions. A sense of lightness--buoyancy--along with the constant sensation of love are measures of this connection. If these measures are present, the connection is real. If not, it is only pretended.

THE SIXTH INSIGHT . . . CLEARING THE PAST
The more we stay connected, the more we are acutely aware of those times when we lose connection, usually when we are under stress. In these times, we can see our own particular way of stealing energy from others. Once our manipulations are brought to personal awareness, our connection becomes more constant and we can discover our own growth path in life, and our spiritual mission--the personal way we can contribute to the world.

THE SEVENTH INSIGHT . . . ENGAGING THE FLOW
Knowing our personal mission further enhances the flow of mysterious coincidences as we are guided toward our destinies. First we have a question; then dreams, daydreams, and intuitions lead us towards the answers, which usually are synchronistically provided by the wisdom of another human being.

THE EIGHTH INSIGHT . . . THE INTERPERSONAL ETHIC
We can increase the frequency of guiding coincidences by uplifting every person that comes into our lives. Care must be taken not to lose our inner connection in romantic relationships. Uplifting others is especially effective in groups where each member can feel energy of all the others. With children it is extremely important for their early security and growth. By seeing the beauty in every face, we lift others into their wisest self, and increase the chances of hearing a synchronistic message.

http://www.celestinevision.com/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture / Christians, How Has My Father Wronged You? / Muslim Brothers, What Is The Ethical Solution For The Pregnant Chibok Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.