Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? (1073 Views)

SONGS That Make You Feel GODS Presence / Songs That Makes You Feel God's Presence? / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mintayo:
God has a purpose for us all,and until we have fulfil that purpose,we are not suppose to accept death no matter what.
I love your above answer to ooman.

I agree with you on that... But are you saying that no matter what happens, the purpose must actualise in the life of every believer before death?
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Mintayo(m): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
ledafaze:

I agree with you on that... But are you saying that no matter what happens, the purpose must actualise in the life of every believer before death?
well if i get you right,it depends on the individual,if she/he wants the purpose to be actualized.
Once the believer knows it, it will be a failure,or defeat in the part of such person if he/she does not fulfil it before dying.
Afterall,the main reasn why death kills people prematurely is for them not to carry out God's plan for their lives.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mintayo:
well if i get you right,it depends on the individual,if she/he wants the purpose to be actualized.
Once the believer knows it, it will be a failure,or defeat in the part of such person if he/she does not fulfil it before dying.
Afterall,the main reasn why death kills people prematurely is for them not to carry out God's plan for their lives.

So for that reason, we can be afraid of death based on realising that goal abi?
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Mintayo(m): 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
ledafaze:

So for that reason, we can be afraid of death based on realising that goal abi?
no,we should not be afraid of death for any reason,as a believer,Christ has given us victory over death.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mintayo:
no,we should not be afraid of death for any reason,as a believer,Christ has given us victory over death.

So practically, we should not be afraid of death but theoretically, we should be afraid... that seems to be your conclusion...
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

ok now, are you suggesting that energy has consciousness? cos am kinda confused here.

Let's start with this: what gives the human body consciousness?

ooman:
if it can be verified, if only that tongue

Of course you know that before the 'discoveries' it was almost impossible to verify most of what we know now.

Again, I ask, before the 'discoveries will it be unreasonable to say metal can fly?
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Rossikk(m): 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
cyrexx:

So you would like to believe, or so did your holy books told you but unfortunately THAT'S NOT TRUE. All your consciousness, memory and everything you know is located in your brain, and when your brain dies and decays, so goes your memory, consciousness and everything you know about your lifetime.And there is no concrete evidence that consciousness survives brain death and decay.

This thread is about giving personal opinion about death and our opinions may not all agree. Let's not debate that on this particular thread. Let's just state our opinions and move on, shall we?
Go and read more before making these categorical statements of yours. You know nothing about life and death.
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Rossikk(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

Near Death Experience (NDE) is nothing but a pseudoscience. Its not even science, its just science looking into people's claims. Near death experience is nothing but dreams and hallucinations...
Oh shut up. Just shut up because you're bloody ignorant. Hallucinations my foot. Instead of you ignorant people to go and conduct research into things, you just come here blabbing rubbish. How much time have you spent studying NDEs?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by Mintayo(m): 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
@ledaface,this is my conclusion.
Mintayo:
Re: How Do You Feel With The Fear Of Dying? by cyrexx: 9:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
Rossikk: Go and read more before making these categorical statements of yours. You know nothing about life and death.
Good sir, which book would you recommend us to read more of, in order to know more about life and death.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Words We Speak Shapes Our Destiny / Are You In Church Today? Pls Gist Us Today's Money Scam At Your Church. / Rapture And The Left-behind Blackman: A Tale Of 2 Two Different Realities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.