Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,555 members, 7,861,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:43 PM

Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question (1155 Views)

I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question / What Do You Ask God For Before Sleeping? / The First Question You Will Ask God In Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Rhymeyjohn: 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
Atheists are those who believe there is no God/god. It takes an omniscient ability to entirely say 'there is not God/god', no atheist has this ability .It rather shows atheism as a believe system, just like many others. Atheists, if you have the chance to ask GOD one serious question, what would that be? ask here
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
God, can you make another god that would be stronger than yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
God, since you are omniscient, cant you tell me the last number in infinity?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
God, who created you?

Oh, you created yourself?

Does that mean, you were nothing and became something?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
Logicboy03: God, who created you?

Oh, you created yourself?

Does that mean, you were nothing and became something?

someone should call me internet-police. Lol
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
God, couldnt you just teach man your divine laws once and for all?

Why all the religions?

According to judaism, you failed once with people and flooded the whole earth
According to christianity, you failed once with Jews and then went to send your son
According to Islam, you failed twice, first with Jews, then with Jesus, then sent Muhammad lipsrsealed

Oga on top, dont you know something called "doing it right the first time?"

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
Logicboy03: God, couldnt you just teach man your divine laws once and for all?

Why all the religions?

According to christianity, you failed once with Jews and then went to send your son
According to Islam, you failed twice, first with Jews, then with Jesus, then sent Muhammad lipsrsealed

When a man start talking to himself. What comes to mind?

Nothing bad about that really. One man delusion is MADNESS, many people delusion is religion.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Rhymeyjohn: 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2013

Why all the religions?

you some what typify a great deal of unseriousness and uncouth looseness. Sure you can read well, i said one serious question ok? This is not kids zone
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by EvilBrain1(m): 11:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
Dear Lord, why is it that the people who follow your laws most devoutly are always the angriest, most hateful, violent, misogynistic, racist and evil people on the planet? Why do people have to ignore so many of your laws just to live peacefully with their fellow humans?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by tobechi20(m): 11:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
Na who go answer?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by MrTroll(m): 1:46am On Oct 05, 2013
God, were you that bored?undecided

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Ajibam: 2:10am On Oct 05, 2013
God,when is the day of salvation for unbelievers on Nairaland?
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by noblefada: 3:44am On Oct 05, 2013
One thing I know for sure, all this questions will be answered and at that time, there will be no room for doubt, for all will be perfectly clear.
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 05, 2013
Logicboy03: God, can you make another god that would be stronger than yourself?

Logical conflict! Invalid argument!!
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Logical conflict! Invalid argument!!

Its a question, not an argument. There is nothing conflicting about the question

Unless you want to argue that it is an invalid question. Fail!

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 05, 2013
Logicboy03: God, since you are omniscient, cant you tell me the last number in infinity?

This is another invalid argument that has the hallmark of a logical conflict, hence it is invalid.
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 05, 2013

Why all the religions?

Man failed God!
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 05, 2013
Evil Brain: Dear Lord, why is it that the people who follow your laws most devoutly are always the angriest, most hateful, violent, misogynistic, racist and evil people on the planet? Why do people have to ignore so many of your laws just to live peacefully with their fellow humans?

I know a lot of folks who follow God's law and they are nothing of what you described up there.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Its a question, not an argument. There is nothing conflicting about the question

Unless you want to argue that it is an invalid question. Fail!

Okay, I take it that you are just looking at the face value of that post. Let's look a bit at the intrisic value then...

The 'thoughtful' question again is:

"God can you make another god that would be stronger than yourself?"

The implication of the above question is not readily seen untill it is looked at a bit more closely...

The obvious answers we might expect from God if he were to answer the question would be a "Yes" or a "No". Seems quite simple, aint it? But the answer is NO!!! It aint that simple.

If God accepts your challenge and make a God greater than he is then it would mean that he is Omnipotent because he can do what you asked but again it would also mean that he is not Omnipotent because he has someone greater than he is. You see the conflict?

Logical conflicts occur when claims cannot be true at the same time. It's just like saying that an Animal is a goat and a cow at the same time. This does not flow logically, hence it is invalid. God cannot be Omnipotent and not Omnipotent at the same time.
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 05, 2013
Logicboy03: God, since you are omniscient, cant you tell me the last number in infinity?

As for this, you should realize that 'infinity' is not part of the set of Real numbers. At best it's abstract and meant to denote a limitless state.

If God were to give you a number that depicts the end of infinity then it would mean that 'infinity' has a limit and that makes it finite. Hence the conflict jumps right in our faces.

A state of infinity cannot be finite at the same time. Similar to asking LB to leave nairaland and be on nairaland at the same time. Your question pappi is invalid.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Ubenedictus(m): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2013
striktlymi:

As for this, you should realize that 'infinity' is not part of the set of Real numbers. At best it's abstract and meant to denote a limitless state.

If God were to give you a number that depicts the end of infinity then it would mean that 'infinity' has a limit and that makes it finite. Hence the conflict jumps right in our faces.

A state of infinity cannot be finite at the same time. Similar to asking LB to leave nairaland and be on nairaland at the same time. Your question pappi is invalid.
hehehe, good job!
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Kay17: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Atheists are those who believe there is no God/god. It takes an omniscient ability to entirely say 'there is not God/god', no atheist has this ability .It rather shows atheism as a believe system, just like many others. Atheists, if you have the chance to ask GOD one serious question, what would that be? ask here

This is the typical lazy theist opening post. Can you look for a Magoi and find it?! You dodge the natural responsibilities of proving who God is, and leaving no reasonable doubts. The manner in which you speak of God (rightly Jehovah) does not distinguish him from other religios' deities.

It is after you prove the existence of Jehovah (a very difficult task) before atheists can dismiss your proofs.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Okay, I take it that you are just looking at the face value of that post. Let's look a bit at the intrisic value then...

The 'thoughtful' question again is:

"God can you make another god that would be stronger than yourself?"

The implication of the above question is not readily seen untill it is looked at a bit more closely...

The obvious answers we might expect from God if he were to answer the question would be a "Yes" or a "No". Seems quite simple, aint it? But the answer is NO!!! It aint that simple.

If God accepts your challenge and make a God greater than he is then it would mean that he is Omniscient because he can do what you asked but again it would also mean that he is not Omniscient because he has someone greater than he is. You see the conflict?

Logical conflicts occur when claims cannot be true at the same time. It's just like saying that an Animal is a goat and a cow at the same time. This does not flow logically, hence it is invalid. God cannot be Omniscient and not Omniscient at the same time.

Lol.....

I never made the argument that God is omniscient and not omniscient at the same time. You set up strawman accusations to give your failed arguments weight.

If there is a logical contradiction, it is becauseof your gods xteristics not my question.

I can create a robot stronger than myself. I can build a monument that i cant carry. I can do these things with no comtradiction because i amb not omnipotent.

Yoor god cant create a god stronger than himself because omnipotence is contradictory. My question has no contradiction. Rather your god does

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 05, 2013
Ubenedictus: hehehe, good job!

Long time boss!

Through with your busy schedule?
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Your first sentence betrays your ignorance.
Real numbers are infinite in nature.

The problem with omniscience is that it is impssible to know the impossible. It is therefore nonsensical to believe that a being can know everything

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol.....

I never made the argument that God is omniscient and not omniscient at the same time. You set up strawman accusations to give your failed arguments weight.

Oh...sorry about that. I must have been feeling sleepy then. I meant to say Omnipotent. I am pretty sure you could have figured that out...will have that modified.

Logicboy03:
If there is a logical contradiction, it is becauseof your gods xteristics not my question.

Your question is where the conflict is.

Logicboy03:
I can create a robot stronger than myself. I can build a monument that i cant carry. I can do these things with no comtradiction because i amb not omnipotent.

That's because you are human and God is not you.

Logicboy03:
Yoor god cant create a god stronger than himself because omnipotence is contradictory. My question has no contradiction. Rather your god does

Your question creates a conflict. I have already demonstrated that.
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Oh...sorry about that. I must have been feeling sleepy then. I meant to say Omnipotent. I am pretty sure you could have figured that out...will have that modified.

Your question is where the conflict is.

That's because you are human and God is not you.

Your question creates a conflict. I have already demonstrated that.

Think carefully

Does the conflict arise because of my question or because your god is limited by his omnipotence

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Think carefully

Does the conflict arise because of my question or because your god is limited by his omnipotence

Before I answer your question, I'd like you to demonstrate your understanding of God's omnipotence.
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Before I answer your question, I'd like you to demonstrate your understanding of God's omnipotence.

Buy a dIctionary
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Buy a dIctionary

Now I am disappointed!

You mean your thoughts are best demonstrated by a dictionary?

No worries, I will remember to consult a dictionary whenever I see your posts.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by Ubenedictus(m): 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Long time boss!

Through with your busy schedule?
not really, but i make time to go thru nairaland once in a while.
Re: Atheists, Ask God One Serious Question by onetrack(m): 1:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Atheists are those who believe there is no God/god. It takes an omniscient ability to entirely say 'there is not God/god', no atheist has this ability .It rather shows atheism as a believe system, just like many others. Atheists, if you have the chance to ask GOD one serious question, what would that be? ask here

If I starting asking 'god' some questions, I'd visit a psychiatrist to get some Thorazine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? / A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew, And An Atheist Walk Into A Café... / It's Plain Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.