Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working (14516 Views)

Help: Odometer/speedometer Not Working / Help !!! Speedometer Reader/needle Not Moving When I Am Moving / Odometer: Kilometer Vs Miles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working by arcis: 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hello everyone,

Please the odometer of my camry 1999 stop counting and the speedometer also stop working. I just noticed the numbers are not changing. I traveled from lagos (129,456) to Ibadan but the counter did not changed at all.

Please what could the problem be? anyone have experienced this before? what can i do to fix this?

Thank you in advance.
Re: Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working by abolore80(m): 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Change the speed sensor. Samething happened to my honda. Just got the sensor. Will fix it tomorrow. Will come back to give its performance.
Re: Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
arcis: Hello everyone,

Please the odometer of my camry 1999 stop counting and the speedometer also stop working. I just noticed the numbers are not changing. I traveled from lagos (129,456) to Ibadan but the counter did not changed at all.

Please what could the problem be? anyone have experienced this before? what can i do to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Scan vehicle, if you have a speed sensor related code,Check speed sensor/harness
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYtlIPpXyksLBk4QXqu3W3haD61TLww76dEBu2RO8MlnxgxX0MQii7o5ea4Q[/img]

Location of speed sensor
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5JNcCqx_X9RYOOx5lwT-yuLEjob7PGbFYTuSY4tQD_OZiPgEmdQfzoO_XIQ[/img]

Good luck.
Re: Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working by arcis: 7:18am On Sep 16, 2014
Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working by abolore80(m): 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
I've replaced the speedometer sensor with another. Just got back from testing. Its fine, the speedometer is now working and the D4 light that was previously blinking has stopped.
LESSON: if the speedometer sensor is bad, it could cause the D4 light to blink on the cluster. My rewire said its the gear switch but, its not the gear switch but the speedometer sensor.
Re: Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working by arcis: 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
abolore80: I've replaced the speedometer sensor with another. Just got back from testing. Its fine, the speedometer is now working and the D4 light that was previously blinking has stopped.
LESSON: if the speedometer sensor is bad, it could cause the D4 light to blink on the cluster. My rewire said its the gear switch but, its not the gear switch but the speedometer sensor.

Please how much did u get the speedometer sensor?
Re: Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working by abolore80(m): 7:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mine is honda, I don't know the price for toyota speed sensor. You can get it for 5k or less.
Re: Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working by arcis: 9:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
abolore80: Mine is honda, I don't know the price for toyota speed sensor. You can get it for 5k or less.

Ok thanks
Re: Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working by arcis: 9:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
Thanks all,
I got the sensor changed today and both the speedometer and the odometer are now working fine. I spent only 3k to fix this 1999 camry. 2.5K for the sensor n 500 for rewirer that fix it.
Re: Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working by lonelydora: 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
abolore80: I've replaced the speedometer sensor with another. Just got back from testing. Its fine, the speedometer is now working and the D4 light that was previously blinking has stopped.
If your D4 is blinking, then check ur gear sensor. Ur rewire is right.

(1) (Reply)

My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? / Installmental Payment Plan For Cars / Volkswagen Lost $6.25m On Every $2m Bugatti Veyron Sold And A Total Of $2.3b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.