Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting (2575 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / What Is The Difference Between Nigerian E-passport And International Passport / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting by Akolawole(m): 2:02am On Jun 30, 2008
Hello guys

I recently watched a documentary on the Nigeria's new Electronic passport. I am particularly more interested on our Double Identity menance. It seems it would be difficult for somebody to have passports on different names. The new one requires VALIDATION from Abuja Office's central database before it could be approved.

But We are Nigerians cry grin

What effects does this new passport have on travellers most expecially "Must-travel-people"?

Secondly, what are the advantages of this practice of Foreign embassies taking our fingerprint?

Any loopholes anywhere?

Re: Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting by megastu(m): 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2008
It gives credibility to the passport and to the person carrying it, at least on the face of it.
Re: Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting by winnteam(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2008
If administered properly it will put a final nail on the coffin of double or even tripple passports by our beloved brothers and sisters.

It will help us all and CHECK the "Must-travel-people" big time.
Re: Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting by Akolawole(m): 12:58am On Jul 03, 2008
A Ghanian friend recently told me that Oluwole people will definitely find a solution to Thumbprinting. i am waiting for that solution grin
Re: Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting by funkybaby(f): 1:15am On Jul 03, 2008
Akolawole:

A Ghanian friend recently told me that Oluwole people will definitely find a solution to Thumbprinting. i am waiting for that solution grin

I doubt it oh. That would be really difficult. I heard sometime ago that airlines from nigeria were collecting random thumbprints before boarding. I do not know if this is still being done, but while it was on, there were some little tricks to it.

For those that want to pull tricks with the passport, it best the go to states that still issue the old passport and then use it for whatever until the passport is phased out in 2010 but for the new e-passport- that one i dont know oh. But nothing is impossible cos there are already loopholes. By paying the right people, you do not need to present official documents required like guarantor's letter, letter of state of orgin, etc before you get issued the passport. One thing is certain though, you cant get the new passport by proxy.
Re: Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting by Akolawole(m): 1:51am On Jul 03, 2008
@Jesufunmike

Its not about guarantor letter etc

Its about your fingerprint being matched with others on the database.
Re: Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting by funkybaby(f): 8:35am On Jul 03, 2008
Akolawole:

@Jesufunmike

Its not about guarantor letter etc

Its about your fingerprint being matched with others on the database.

Akolawole, i know.

The point i am trying to make is that if there are already shortcuts to obtaining the new e-passport (which ideally should not be-its easy for a citizen from Benin Republic to obtain the new passport), they might just be ways around the finger printing thing. Shebi na naija. grin
Re: Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting by winnteam(m): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2008
funkybaby:

Akolawole, i know.

The point i am trying to make is that if there are already shortcuts to obtaining the new e-passport (which ideally should not be-its easy for a citizen from Benin Republic to obtain the new passport), they might just be ways around the finger printing thing. Shebi na naija. grin

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THIS.

There is no way anyone on earth can have my finger print or that of any body else.

Even if they try here how will they explain the mismatch of their actual print when processed at the point of enrty with the one on their passport?

It is very simple now.

No two people have the same print. Not even twins.

I personally think this is the end of the oluwole boys in the issue of fake passports.
Re: Effects Of E-passport And Fingerprinting by edmondo(m): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2008
with the introduction of e passport,no more oluwole
because there is know how two pple can have the same thumb-print

(1) (Reply)

Justwise Is Our Best Section Moderator Of 2023 / 10 Fruits And Vegetables You May Find In Plateau State Only In Nigeria / How Much Is Rent In Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.