Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:23 AM

Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? (14740 Views)

Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / Is Oral Sexx a Sin Before God? / Did God Know That Adam And Eve Would Sin Before Creating Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by khattab02: 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
lolaxavier: Mumu question...mumu answers...na wa oooo
BROS GIVE US YOUR BETTER ANSWER. IF YOU NO WAN GIVE US,YOU FIT WAKA LIKE SAY YOU NO SEE THE MUMU QUESTION. OP WAN KNOW SOMETHING THAT WHY HE ASKED.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by khattab02: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
ire4me: What type of Christian are we having on nairaland? Killing in defense is evil, every killing is evil. Jesus is our standard. He ordered Peter to return his sword and acclaimed that whoever kill by sword will be judged by sword. Remember he replaced the cut-off ear. Did any of the apostles defended themselves in times of persecution? The Lord will defend you if your time has not com. Remember our God is not god of Islam that can not fight for himself.
LOL... FUNNY HOW YOU TRY TO TAKE A CHEAP WAY OUT. ANYWAY THE QUESTION ARISE, IF SOMEONE WANTS TO KILL YOU, DO YOU DEFEND YOURSELF OR ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE KILLED?

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
Shobayo Emma: Dear Nls, pls i will like to know if killing in self denfence and other related killings like in the line of duties as regards to war amount to sin before God. waiting for your valuable views.

Firstly,there is no God we sin against! If you know this simple truth, all your silly questions will not come to life.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by oraclefemi(m): 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
Regardless of any religion , if anyone tries to kill me and i cant find any help at that moment , trust me you don't want to be shouting Jesus Jesus Jesus when someone is squeezing your neck and you're losing consciousness slowly...i will kill him or her first.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by confusion247(m): 7:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
9jadelta: as an atheist, I will defend myself if anyone tries to kill me. but according to Christianty, thou shall not kill. (even if someone slaps ur left cheek, turn the right) there shouldn't be any reason why u should take someone's life cos life is precious, and it didn't give reasons for killing unlike Islam or should I say killslam. mercy killing, holy killing, self defence bla blala. killing is killing. muslims will tell u Islam doesn't support killing but you can kill in holy way grin
To avoid been banned, make sure that your post or comment is not offensive to ISLAM. grin grin grin grin
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by lionspot(m): 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
the law is that self defence may negate a criminal liability if only the degree of force one used to defend himself ws equal to the force used by the assailant. This z in conformity with the relevant sections of both the criminal and penal code. It trite that religion dosnt play a role in the decion of a court of law.so a court wil nt use the bible or the koran to decid issues b4 it.so it z rht to kil n defence of life or property. See s. 33 of our constitutn
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tunde88: 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
to be sincere, d quran is always perfect,
even d Pastor wey saint pass will not have
a gun in his house And armed rubbers will
come Molesting his wife And decide not to
fire. u should go And rewrite Ur Bible And
re-author as usual. ignorant people

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by anochuko01(m): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
The life Christains live now is a life of a NEW COVENANT (testament) that was patterned by Jesus Christ. You'll notice that after the life of Christ, there was no record of war. In the new covenant, ANY KILLING IN ANY FORM IS A SIN.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
lionspot: the law is that self defence may negate a criminal liability if only the degree of force one used to defend himself ws equal to the force used by the assailant. This z in conformity with the relevant sections of both the criminal and penal code. It trite that religion dosnt play a role in the decion of a court of law.so a court wil nt use the bible or the koran to decid issues b4 it.so it z rht to kil n defence of life or property. See s. 33 of our constitutn
. With due respect sir i wil say recognizes self defence if it could be proved so.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Paulaok4(f): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
Well I don't think its a sin, I mean you are fighting for your life here.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 10:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Suljosh: That was before the coming of JESUS CHRIST!
And Jehovah was joking before Jesus came? I thought Jehova and Jesus are the same...Christianity with their confusion. undecided

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
ire4me: What type of Christian are we having on nairaland? Killing in defense is evil, every killing is evil. Jesus is our standard. He ordered Peter to return his sword and acclaimed that whoever kill by sword will be judged by sword. Remember he replaced the cut-off ear. Did any of the apostles defended themselves in times of persecution? The Lord will defend you if your time has not com. Remember our God is not god of Islam that can not fight for himself.
One question for you, Why did Jesus ordered his disciples to sell their garment and buy sword??

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
gothrones: I find it interesting how CHRISTians quote the old testament when they want to support some of their archaic views. CHRISTians know that the hardest thing to do is follow the words of Christ. He unequivocally said that we should love our enemies and turn the other cheek. Even when he had the opportunity to defend himself against his persecutors, he chose not to and commanded Peter to sheath his sword.

Following the words of Christ is the hardest feat any human can hope to achieve. So many of his commandments go against our human nature. If someone is trying to take your life, the last thing you would remember is some passage in the Bible; instead, you would react instinctively and defend yourself.
was the God in old testament another God?? Are they two gods in the bible??

Confusion at it peak grin

2 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
lionspot: the law is that self defence may negate a criminal liability if only the degree of force one used to defend himself ws equal to the force used by the assailant. This z in conformity with the relevant sections of both the criminal and penal code. It trite that religion dosnt play a role in the decion of a court of law.so a court wil nt use the bible or the koran to decid issues b4 it.so it z rht to kil n defence of life or property. See s. 33 of our constitutn
wrong, if you kill someone in process of self-defense and there is a prove for it you will be free.

Jonathan sending JTF to fight boko haram is self-defense to the citizen.

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 10:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
anochuko01: The life Christains live now is a life of a NEW COVENANT (testament) that was patterned by Jesus Christ. You'll notice that after the life of Christ, there was no record of war. In the new covenant, ANY KILLING IN ANY FORM IS A SIN.
again are they two gods giving commandment in the bible??

2 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by lionspot(m): 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
Shobayo Emma: . With due respect sir i wil say recognizes self defence if it could be proved so.
its a matter of evidence. The accused wil tender hs evidence supporting hs assertion dt he killed in self defence. A culpable homicide dn in defence of life and property z excused by d law. Relign does nt interfare here. Ther z a disparity btwn law n relign.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by lanrexlan(m): 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
tintingz: was the God in old testament another God?? Are they two gods in the bible??

He repented and became a loving God in the new testament,confusion grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by anochuko01(m): 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
tintingz: again are they two gods giving commandment in the bible??

its the same God.... He brought to us SALVATION and A NEW and EVERLASTING COVENANT through JESUS CHRIST. The coming of Jesus Christ (the Prince of Peace) brought peace..... After he ascended to heaven, there was no record of war niether did he kill anybody in his reign on earth.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by anochuko01(m): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: He repented and became a loving God in the new testament,confusion grin grin

i guess it wasnt a different god dat brot the 'tablet of commandment' through moses in the quran...was it?

God brought to man a better life through Jesus. This 'life' had been the plan of God, and that was why the coming of Jesus was prophesied hundreds of years before he came.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
lanrexlan: He repented and became a loving God in the new testament,confusion grin grin
Lol grin it is funny how most christians reject/condemn what Jehovah did in Old testament because of some shameful act he did...they now take new testament as their book but the tithe money they collect in churches can be trace back to the OT bible.

Cherry pickers grin

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
anochuko01:

its the same God.... He brought to us SALVATION and A NEW and EVERLASTING COVENANT through JESUS CHRIST. The coming of Jesus Christ (the Prince of Peace) brought peace..... After he ascended to heaven, there was no record of war niether did he kill anybody in his reign on earth.
So the god in OT bible repented and learn his mistake by sending his son to sacrifice himself? So Jehovah was not a peaceful god in Old testament. Lol
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by anochuko01(m): 11:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
tintingz: So the god in OT bible repented and learn his mistake by sending his son to sacrifice himself? So Jehovah was not a peaceful god in Old testament. Lol

the coming of Christ was prophesied hundreds of year before he was born.... God had to prepare his people 4d coming of Christ, just as Christ is waiting 4u2 repent b4 he comes again.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by ogbronx(m): 12:44am On Oct 21, 2013
anochuko01:

the coming of Christ was prophesied hundreds of year before he was born.... God had to prepare his people 4d coming of Christ, just as Christ is waiting 4u2 repent b4 he comes again.
There isnt anything u ll tell a mind set on a path of destruction that will make him or her change unless God says otherwise. One thing for sure is, every knee shall bow and tongues confess that Jesus is Lord either in Him or regretfully outside Him. Only a fool will look at His/Herself,the earth and sky and say there is no God.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 21, 2013
@ topic i don't think so.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 21, 2013
simply because i feel why would god give us the ability to fight, adrenaline,
and most importantly a natural reflex if it was sin to physically defend oneself?
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 21, 2013
tintingz: Lol grin it is funny how most christians reject/condemn what Jehovah did in Old testament because of some shameful act he did...they now take new testament as their book but the tithe money they collect in churches can be trace back to the OT bible.

Cherry pickers grin

lol everyone is guilty of cherry picking in some way tho.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by gothrones(m): 2:49am On Oct 21, 2013
tintingz: was the God in old testament another God?? Are they two gods in the bible??

My brother, even though Christians claim that the God of the OT and the God of the NT are the same, I respectfully disagree. Reading the OT will send shivers down your spine. Jehovah was a GANGSTA. He was smacking and crushing his enemies, and sometimes even his children, whenever they did things He didn't like.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by ukandi1(m): 4:50am On Oct 21, 2013
theSpark: As a born again child of God, I believe we are to Love our enemies, do good to those who hate us, and even pray for our haters. If some one comes to kill me, killing him will most likely take him to hell. I hate to think i'll facilitate someone's t.p to hell.

Here is what i will do, I will cause him appropriate grievous bodily injury. Such that he may recover later. If i have a gun, i'll shoot his legs or his hands. I may even take him to hospital afterwards and preach to him. But if I mistakenly kill him due to bad aiming or something, I think his blood will not be on my hands because I did not have intentions of murder.

story..! Story.....!!
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by lanrexlan(m): 7:00am On Oct 21, 2013
tintingz: Lol grin it is funny how most christians reject/condemn what Jehovah did in Old testament because of some shameful act he did...they now take new testament as their book but the tithe money they collect in churches can be trace back to the OT bible.

Cherry pickers grin
Lol,they shy away from those verses.Imagine,the bible saying Numbers 23:19 (KJV) -God is not a man,that he should lie;neither the son of man,that he should repent:hath he said,and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken,and shall he not make it good?.Then,this same god was found many occasions repenting in the Bible.
1 Samuel 15:35 (KJV) -And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul:and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel

Exodus 32:14 (KJV) -And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people(Israel).

Genesis 6:6 (KJV) -And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth,and it grieved him at his heart.
.I think that's what happened in the NT,he has repented from his killings which he did in OT and becomes a loving god in the NT. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by anochuko01(m): 7:38am On Oct 21, 2013
lanrexlan: Lol,they shy away from those verses.Imagine,the bible saying Numbers 23:19 (KJV) -God is not a man,that he should lie;neither the son of man,that he should repent:hath he said,and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken,and shall he not make it good?.Then,this same god was found many occasions repenting in the Bible.
1 Samuel 15:35 (KJV) -And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul:and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel

Exodus 32:14 (KJV) -And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people(Israel).

Genesis 6:6 (KJV) -And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth,and it grieved him at his heart.
.I think that's what happened in the NT,he has repented from his killings which he did in OT and becomes a loving god in the NT. grin grin grin

okay....at least the God in the New testament is a repented and loving God who even sacrificed his only son and not the blood sucking god that expects you to kill and force people to him (decieving u with virgins in heaven to sleep with).

even ur view of heaven is with (earthly pleasures)....
My brother, whichever way, you've still not made the right decision as to whom to follow.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by lanrexlan(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2013
anochuko01:

okay....at least the God in the New testament is a repented and loving God who even sacrificed his only son and not the blood sucking god that expects you to kill and force people to him (decieving u with virgins in heaven to sleep with).
Can God repents? Numbers 23:19 says NO.Sacrifice his 'only son'? This shows how blood sucking this god is.He wasn't satisfied with the blood of Lamb offered to him[Exodus 29:38-42],then he roasted Jepthah's Daughter[Judges 11:34-39].Then he wanted to taste a male's blood,then he crushed ''his only begotten son'' according to you[Isaiah 53:10].Blood sucking god.There's not a single verse in the Quran that commands muslims to kill for Allah.

even ur view of heaven is with (earthly pleasures)....
Maybe you forget to read this.Matthew 6:10 (NIV) -Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
My brother,whichever way,you've still not made the right decision as to whom to follow.
I have made the right decision,I follow the guidance from the True Living Creator(Allah) brought by the last and final messenger prophet Muhammad(pbuh).Islam welcomes you bro.....Peace

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? / Open Heavens Devotional 2017 / 61st RCCG Annual Convention Theme: Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.