Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions (3119 Views)

Atheist Are Suppose To Be In Science Section Not Religious / Spiritual And Not Religious? / Love Is Nigeria's Problem, Not Religious Crisis - Tb Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Weah96: 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
imhotep:
. . .this would make Humanism just another RELIGION which should replace existing religions. . . not so?

Is common sense a religion too? We both wouldn't play football in the middle of a busy intersection.
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Weah96: 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
You wanna know humanism,,, study Islam

Most dangerous collection of words ever written by mammals. It requires a total submission to the mammal who dreamt it up.

Allah is never witnessed with the senses. Only the ink used and the mouth of the author corroborate his existence.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Weah96:

Most dangerous collection of words ever written by mammals. It requires a total submission to the mammal who dreamt it up.

Allah is never witnessed with the senses. Only the ink used and the mouth of the author corroborate his existence.

Just a word for you... You are a fool.. Because you are judging religion you know nothing about. Only fools talk about what they don't understand. When you understand Islam, come back come argue . .
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Weah96: 2:42am On Apr 08, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Just a word for you... You are a fool.. Because you are judging religion you know nothing about. Only fools talk about what they don't understand. When you understand Islam, come back come argue . .

Besides the ink that Mohammed used to write the Qur'an, and words that came out of his mouth, what can you show me that connects the origin of the universe to the dress code of human beings? He was only talking and writing. I can talk and write too, but unlike him, I value honesty and integrity. Politicians and prophets should be avoided like the plague. They specialize in dishonesty, having completely mastered the body language, facial expression, and vocabulary for it.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:25am On Apr 08, 2015
Weah96:

Besides the ink that Mohammed used to write the Qur'an, and words that came out of his mouth, what can you show me that connects the origin of the universe to the dress code of human beings? He was only talking and writing. I can talk and write too, but unlike him, I value honesty and integrity. Politicians and prophets should be avoided like the plague. They specialize in dishonesty, having completely mastered the body language, facial expression, and vocabulary for it.

Like i said, you know nothing about Mohamed, hadiths or Quran and yet you judging them.. Are you not educated? Are you that daft?

Anything and everything that Prophet Muhammad say is from Allah.. He never say anything that will affect Allah will with his own personal will..

Origin of universe.. Ask Quran
Dress code.. Ask hadith.. And reason to what reason you were given about the dressing code in hadith.

Like i said, know about what you want to talk about before you talk
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Weah96: 10:38am On Apr 08, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Like i said, you know nothing about Mohamed, hadiths or Quran and yet you judging them.. Are you not educated? Are you that daft?

Anything and everything that Prophet Muhammad say is from Allah.. He never say anything that will affect Allah will with his own personal will..

Origin of universe.. Ask Quran
Dress code.. Ask hadith.. And reason to what reason you were given about the dressing code in hadith.

Like i said, know about what you want to talk about before you talk

You're not one of the brightest NLs, are you? I should have you speak to Malvisguy. Just to see the outcome of that experiment.
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2015
Weah96:

You're not one of the brightest NLs, are you? I should have you speak to Malvisguy. Just to see the outcome of that experiment.

Of course i have talked with him... He's just a lost sheep not wanting to be found.. A the lies he wrote about islam av debunked it.. Check all his group for my posts..

I see no reason to lie about another person religion ..it's downgrading

We were taught by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

We mustn't tell lies even if we are joking
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Weah96: 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Of course i have talked with him... He's just a lost sheep not wanting to be found.. A the lies he wrote about islam av debunked it.. Check all his group for my posts..

I see no reason to lie about another person religion ..it's downgrading

We were taught by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

We mustn't tell lies even if we are joking

Listen, Allah business is rubbish. It is a scam, 419. It was devised as a means of controlling and concentrating the efforts of nomadic barbarians who were being raided left and right. From what I hear, a nighttime raid when you're sleeping in a tent with your family is no joke. The children run everywhere, especially if the tents get set on fire. Mohammed, being the smooth and innovative leader that he was, created this self sustainable system to put an end to the bloodshed. He went to the "God told me trick" which by then was already old.

You see, I don't care about the CONTENTS of a manuscript or your useless Qur'an and murderous hadiths.
They're useless and obsolete because they don't address the primary claim:

1. One human being, in this case the dead prophet Mohammed, RIP, tells me that he communicated with an ethereal entity who convinced him (Mohammed) that it was the source of the universe.

I don't believe him because of his career choice as a prophet. I don't believe anything that a politician says either. The ethereal entity should have included an indisputable verifier.
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 1:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Weah96:

Listen, Allah business is rubbish. It is a scam, 419. It was devised as a means of controlling and concentrating the efforts of nomadic barbarians who were being raided left and right. From what I hear, a nighttime raid when you're sleeping in a tent with your family is no joke. The children run everywhere, especially if the tents get set on fire. Mohammed, being the smooth and innovative leader that he was, created this self sustainable system to put an end to the bloodshed. He went to the "God told me trick" which by then was already old.

You see, I don't care about the CONTENTS of a manuscript or your useless Qur'an and murderous hadiths.
They're useless and obsolete because they don't address the primary claim:

1. One human being, in this case the dead prophet Mohammed, RIP, tells me that he communicated with an ethereal entity who convinced him (Mohammed) that it was the source of the universe.

I don't believe him because of his career choice as a prophet. I don't believe anything that a politician says either. The ethereal entity should have included an indisputable verifier.

Like i saiD, am done talking to you.. If you believe in God, you saving yourself.. If you don't.. It's your problem..

Since you have chosen to be insulting prophet and God who created you.. Live by it..
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Weah96: 1:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Like i saiD, am done talking to you.. If you believe in God, you saving yourself.. If you don't.. It's your problem..

Since you have chosen to be insulting prophet and God who created you.. Live by it..

That's what I mean. No proof beyond wIthdrawal or arrogance
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
Weah96:

That's what I mean. No proof beyond wIthdrawal or arrogance

I have given you enough proof but you still refuse without any reasonable proof

What caused the universe to exist ?

2.What explains the fine tuning of the universe?

3.Why do evolutionists deny the existence of a designer ?

4.How did DNA and amino acids arise?

5.Where did the genetic code come from?

6.How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains evolve?

7.How do we account for the origin of over 100 distinct
language families , languages?

8.Why do other planets not support life just like earth?

9. Evolution is a gradual process that takes millions of years , since plants and animals evolved at different rates , how did the under-evolved macro complex organisms survive ?

10. Why is religion termed as "slavery" by the atheists ?

11.How is free will possible in a material universe?

12.How do we account for conscience and consciousness?

13.On what basis can we make moral judgements?

14. Evolution they say takes time , off course millions of years , how did cells reproduce , at what time did the female primates tend to develop reproductive organs that enabled reproduction ? How sure are we that the newly produce cells survived

15.Why are animals not as intelligent as humans since we all came from a common ancestor? why cant they communicate with languages like humans do

16.Why is sex pleasurable or why did nature make sex pleasurable since its main purpose is reproduction?

17.How do we account for the almost universal belief in
the supernatural and how do we know the supernatural does not exist?

19.If the bible is untrue and full of myths , how come it could forsee the future , events and places are same and as old as bible explained ?

20.Why do atheists say miracles are fake , when medical evidence has verified unexplained cure ?

21 Natural selection allows for organisms to develop certain features to enable them survive in their environment , why haven't Eskimos developed thick skin or become very hairy yet over the yeeeaaarrrrssss?

22. Melanin absorbs sunlight , that accounts for our black colour . There are is high amount of sunlight and hot temperatures in certain regions .Why are there dark-skinned Eskimos?

23 Since planes are artificial and aid movement which accounts for man's survival in his environment, should we expect man to grow wings in millions of years to come ?If false , who made you lord of evolution ? 

24 Explain how fossils are actually evidences of evolution? Do you know some fossils dont even fit in any family tree?

25.Which came first , the chicken or the egg , male or female , butterfly or flower , gases or star dust?

26 .How did the gravitational pull come about and why is it non-existent in other planets .

27. Why is every account of near death experience involving hell or heaven regarded as hallucination ?

28 Explain how dead matter brought forth life. What came about the dead matter ?

29 Do atheists believe man has the soul , spirit and body in one ? If false , state with reason

.answer that
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by lepasharon(f): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
Africans should put up with whatever struggles they have, we will be rewarded in heaven
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
lepasharon:
Africans should put up with whatever struggles they have, we will be rewarded in heaven
This mentality only encourages a viscous cycle of suffering and injustice.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by lepasharon(f): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
DProDG:

This mentality only encourages a viscous cycle of suffering and injustice.

The suffering is only temporary. In heaven we will be rewarded eternally ,how about that? Now lets put up and shut up.
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 09, 2015
lepasharon:
The suffering is only temporary. In heaven we will be rewarded eternally ,how about that? Now lets put up and shut up.
Some people will rather work to fix problems than live by wishful thinking.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by davien(m): 12:57am On Apr 09, 2015
lepasharon:

And how do you know this?

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by wiegraf: 4:19am On Apr 09, 2015
Y'all should get troll (and sarcasm) detectors

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by lepasharon(f): 6:08am On Apr 09, 2015
davien:
And how do you know this?

God says so in his word and I saw it in a dream. I cant wait for the Lord to take my spirit up to him when I pass on.
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by lepasharon(f): 6:23am On Apr 09, 2015
DProDG:

Some people will rather work to fix problems than live by wishful thinking.

Fix problems?! Do you know what the Lord Jesus has in store for us in heaven? ? Whatever you are going through is nothing compared to the luxuries that awaits us. Just persevere... No matter what ppl try to say. The Lord Jesus is in control. Hes got this
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 09, 2015
lepasharon:

Fix problems?! Do you know what the Lord Jesus has in store for us in heaven? ? Whatever you are going through is nothing compared to the luxuries that awaits us. Just persevere... No matter what ppl try to say. The Lord Jesus is in control. Hes got this
Well I can't come up with a better reason to be anti-religious.
I'm glad not everyone thinks like this or else we'll have still been slaves.

"Religion creates hell and promises heaven."
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 09, 2015
wiegraf:
Y'all should get troll (and sarcasm) detectors
Lmao...please tell me she a troll 'cause I just can't lipsrsealed

I've seen worse though so who knows?
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 09, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

I have given you enough proof but you still refuse without any reasonable proof

What caused the universe to exist ?

2.What explains the fine tuning of the universe?

3.Why do evolutionists deny the existence of a designer ?

4.How did DNA and amino acids arise?

5.Where did the genetic code come from?

6.How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains evolve?

7.How do we account for the origin of over 100 distinct
language families , languages?

8.Why do other planets not support life just like earth?

9. Evolution is a gradual process that takes millions of years , since plants and animals evolved at different rates , how did the under-evolved macro complex organisms survive ?

10. Why is religion termed as "slavery" by the atheists ?

11.How is free will possible in a material universe?

12.How do we account for conscience and consciousness?

13.On what basis can we make moral judgements?

14. Evolution they say takes time , off course millions of years , how did cells reproduce , at what time did the female primates tend to develop reproductive organs that enabled reproduction ? How sure are we that the newly produce cells survived

15.Why are animals not as intelligent as humans since we all came from a common ancestor? why cant they communicate with languages like humans do

16.Why is sex pleasurable or why did nature make sex pleasurable since its main purpose is reproduction?

17.How do we account for the almost universal belief in
the supernatural and how do we know the supernatural does not exist?

19.If the bible is untrue and full of myths , how come it could forsee the future , events and places are same and as old as bible explained ?

20.Why do atheists say miracles are fake , when medical evidence has verified unexplained cure ?

21 Natural selection allows for organisms to develop certain features to enable them survive in their environment , why haven't Eskimos developed thick skin or become very hairy yet over the yeeeaaarrrrssss?

22. Melanin absorbs sunlight , that accounts for our black colour . There are is high amount of sunlight and hot temperatures in certain regions .Why are there dark-skinned Eskimos?

23 Since planes are artificial and aid movement which accounts for man's survival in his environment, should we expect man to grow wings in millions of years to come ?If false , who made you lord of evolution ? 

24 Explain how fossils are actually evidences of evolution? Do you know some fossils dont even fit in any family tree?

25.Which came first , the chicken or the egg , male or female , butterfly or flower , gases or star dust?

26 .How did the gravitational pull come about and why is it non-existent in other planets .

27. Why is every account of near death experience involving hell or heaven regarded as hallucination ?

28 Explain how dead matter brought forth life. What came about the dead matter ?

29 Do atheists believe man has the soul , spirit and body in one ? If false , state with reason

.answer that

Why did you simply copy and paste baseless questions from another thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/2061220/30-questions-want-atheists-answer/1
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2015
DProDG:

Why did you simply copy and paste baseless questions from another thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/2061220/30-questions-want-atheists-answer/1

you are a pathetic fool.. who cares maybe the question was copied.. just answer..

if you not a fool, you won't deny the fact that God exist.. go tell your science to explain how the sky come into existence.. stupid idiot
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 09, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
you are a pathetic fool.. who cares maybe the question was copied.. just answer..
if you not a fool, you won't deny the fact that God exist.. go tell your science to explain how the sky come into existence.. stupid idiot
The irony.

FYI the questions have been answered.
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2015
DProDG:

The irony.

FYI the questions have been answered.

just answer the question..
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 09, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
just answer the question..
If for whatever irrelevant reason you wanted an explanation on how the atmosphere(I assume that's what you mean by 'sky') was formed you'll simply do a google search. We have access to the exact same information. Don't come here showcasing your ignorance with bloated questions.
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 11:09am On Apr 09, 2015
DProDG:

If for whatever irrelevant reason you wanted an explanation on how the atmosphere(I assume that's what you mean by 'sky') was formed you'll simply do a google search. We have access to the exact same information. Don't come here showcasing your ignorance with bloated questions.

laughing... science sha..
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 09, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

laughing... science sha..

Lmao... Islam though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2015
DProDG:

Lmao... Islam though

so it's holy book they use to bomb buildings? laughing

if you wanna hear the hard truth, there's no religion war in the world again bro..
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by davien(m): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2015
lepasharon:

-God says so in his word and I saw it in a dream. I cant wait for the Lord to take my spirit up to him when I pass on.
Since when does the bible speak for itself and wouldn't you still have "dreams" of your faith(because you believe it sternly) regardless of religion?
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by wiegraf: 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
DProDG:

Lmao...please tell me she a troll 'cause I just can't lipsrsealed

I've seen worse though so who knows?

Indeed, it's quite sad that despite her good troll, real sheeple are actually worse
Re: Africa Needs Humanism, Not Religious Superstitions by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
As a Muslim, this is what I believe a humanist world would be like...

-Thousands of different conflicting opinions about what is best for society, and indeed, what constitutes their society. No person or group of people can be so omniscient as to comprehend all the possible consequences that can arise from a certain behaviour. The result would be chaos.

- There would be no fear of punishment or hope for reward for our actions. Those millions who are too selfish to think of the good of society as more important than their personal achievements, would infringe on any value as long as it is gainful to them; and they can get away with it. It is amazing how much patience a God-fearing person can have in the face of temptation to do wrong, because he knows God is watching.

- Scientific studies and theories have never been definitive. They are always open to refutation. This is even more so in fields that rely heavily on subjective data; sociology or psychology for example. This means that a theory accepted worldwide today as creating good for society, may actually be found out some decades down the line to have actually been harmful. A remedy taken to correct it can even lead to more harm... etc.

- The op seems to take it for granted that Religion is the cause of backwardness in Africa. This is patently unprovable and probably false. A cursory examination of the history of West Africa shows a period of advances under Islam in the Mali empire. The early abbassid/ ummayyad periods were given to scientific study and research.

- The op also takes it for granted that Religion alone leads to strife. This is also untrue. All present day conflicts are results of perceived injustice, ambitious hegemony and greed for resources, or tribal resentment. Those who call open religion for justification merely paint their chosen causes with a 'holy' veneer in order to help in recruiting the ignorant or encourage outrage when opposed. There is no evidence that individuals in a humanist world would suddenly stop killing their fellow man. Only the reasons would change. As religious doctrine can be misinterpreted to support unjust strife, so can humanist ideals.

Muslims believe in humanism, the sole difference being that God; who we believe is Supremely knowledgeable about what He created, makes all the rules that He knows are best for society, rather than leave the process of formulating laws to flawed human thinking. That is the justification for theocracy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Release Reverend King Now! / Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? / Where Is Heaven And Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.