Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,168 members, 7,864,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:48 AM

Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? (1445 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? / Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? by yetseyi(f): 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
ATMC: so drinking alcohol falls where in ur definition?
actually I dnt tink it falls anywia in my definitn but I still tink its a sin, even if it wz not I still wld nt drink alcohol or promote d stuff.
Re: Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? by haibe(m): 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
yetseyi:
actually I dnt tink it falls anywia in my definitn but I still tink its a sin, even if it wz not I still wld nt drink alcohol or promote d stuff.

Its actually not a sin bro, people only misunderstand the bible at times, the bible only condemns drunkeness or excess wine, its the same with every other thing, too much of everything is not good, food is not bad but gluttony is bad, sleep is not bad but the bible condemns the excess sleep and even tells the man to learn from the ants, this doesn't mean sleep is bad.

No single passage says taking alcohol is a sin but you will find passages encouraging it, i will post some.
Re: Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? by haibe(m): 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
There is no sin in taking wine(alcohol), infact the bible approves of it.

Wine can be used to help you relax and
rejoice. King Solomon wrote, “A feast is
made for laughter, and wine makes
merry” ( Ecc. 10:19). There are several
places in the Bible where God emphasizes the
importance of having a merry heart and
enjoying hearty laughter. Modest amounts
of wine or other kinds of alcohol can help
promote this.

I Timothy 5:23 contains a statement in the form of instruction from the apostle Paul to Timothy. He wrote, “Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach’s sake and thine often infirmities.” Wine has properties, which are beneficial for the human body, some of the medicines you take actually contain a little alcohol, e.g codine, i even heard the panadol we take contains some(am not sure though) but alcohol is an healing agent and thus useful in sickness.

God says that it is not improper to desire
wine or strong drink during His annual Feast
of Tabernacles, which He commands His
people to keep: "and you shall bestow that
money for whatsoever your soul lusts after
(desires), for oxen, or for sheep, or for
wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever
your soul desires: and you shall eat there
before the Lord your God, and you shall
rejoice, you, and your household". (Deut.14:26).

In Genesis 14:18, one identified as Melchizedek, King of Salem, served wine to Abraham. This wine (yayin) was the same
liquid that had made Noah drunk. Hebrews
7:2-3 states that Melchizedek was “king of
peace…without father, without mother,
without descent, having neither beginning of
days, nor end of life; but made like unto the
Son of God; abides a priest continually.”
This Person is none other than Jesus Christ but i won't go into that discourse now in order not to derail the thread

Jesus’ first recorded miracle was changing
water into wine. Not only did Christ
approve of drinking wine, but His miracle
was actually for the purpose of providing
alcohol for everyone in attendance! The
“governor” at the wedding even commented
that it was “good wine” ( John 2:1-12).
If this had merely been juice(as some would argue), he would not have said, “but You have kept the good wine until now.” The point is that
better wine would normally be consumed at
the start of a feast, and the inferior quality
should be saved for later, when the taste is
not quite as important. This principle certainly does not apply to juice.

But the bible also makes it clear that excess wine(drunkeness) is a sin.

Galatians 5:21 contains a warning about
conduct that will keep people out of the
coming kingdom of God. It states that,
“Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings,
and such like: of the which I tell you before,
as I have also told you in time past, that
they which do such things shall not inherit
the kingdom of God.”

In a similar instruction to the Corinthians,
Paul wrote that no thieves, idolators,
adulterers, extortioners or drunkards, etc.,
“shall inherit the kingdom of God” ( 1 Cor.6:9-10).

This principle is clear. Drinking alcoholic beverages is not wrong or sinfu, the misuse of alcoholic beverages is sinful.
It is not the bottle that is the problem, it is
the person holding the bottle!
As with food, money, or anything that has
the potential for misuse, moderation is the
Bible standard for all true Christians. Paul
wrote, "Everyone that strives for the
mastery is temperate in all things" ( 1 Cor.
9:25) and “Let your moderation be known
unto all men” (Phil. 4:5).
Re: Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? by ATMC(f): 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
yetseyi:
ok
Re: Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? by yetseyi(f): 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
@ haibe ooohk
and ermm I m nt a bro I m a lady.
pls how can I put my sex in front of my moniker oo.
Re: Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? by haibe(m): 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
yetseyi: @ haibe ooohk
and ermm I m nt a bro I m a lady.
pls how can I put my sex in front of my moniker oo.

Lol am sorry, scroll up and click on "edit profile", you will get the option for gender there.
Re: Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? by yetseyi(f): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2013
tanks haibe, nw I look feminine *winks*
Re: Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? by haibe(m): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
yetseyi: tanks haibe, nw I look feminine *winks*

You welcome..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious / TB Joshua,adeboye,oyedepo And Co,who Amongst Them Is The Most Anointed? / What Do Angels Really Look Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.